The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue."

code65536
code65536
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Time: 2018-Oct-4, 21:00 UTC
Server: PC/EU

This is a full premade group of 4. Queuing for a random normal dungeon for the daily XP bonus. No other players because this is a full premade group, and since this is the dungeon queue and not a BG queue, it's just the 4 of us and nobody else.

This is the sequence of events:
  • Queued
  • Ready Check
  • Everyone hits "Ready", and you can see all 4 role icons light up
  • Forming Group (so the server even acknowledges that everyone has accepted the ready check)
  • Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.

Since nobody actually declined the queue, we remain in the queue (if I hit decline, we exit the queue entirely) and the ready check pops up almost immediately again. We'd go through this cycle multiple times per minute and after 10 minutes and dozens of unwarranted aborts at "Forming Group", we just gave up.

@ZOS_GinaBruno THIS IS NOT A NEW BUG. This is a problem that I remember seeing frequently during the dungeon event in December 2017--almost a whole year ago. After all these months, this is still a problem. How on earth do you expect to carry out the Undaunted Celebration event later this year if the group finder is still this broken?

(In fairness, most of the time, the group finder works, and if it breaks, it'll eventually queue us in after a handful of these queue>decline cycles. But today, at 21:00 UTC on PC/EU, it is completely broken and will not queue us in after countless cycles.)
Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
Personal best scores:
Dungeon trifectas:
Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it is not a new bug. It has a very high rate of occurrence.

Considering the very high frequency of this issue occurring it is surprising a fix has not occurred. Good point that Zos is planning an event where the GF will be front and center yet it is flawed.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so possibly this error also happens in non-premade? That would explain why I often see that message.... Up until I saw your thread I had really thought that people just were declining for whatever reason. But now im not so sure, this bug may actually be happening more than we know!
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »
    so possibly this error also happens in non-premade? That would explain why I often see that message.... Up until I saw your thread I had really thought that people just were declining for whatever reason. But now im not so sure, this bug may actually be happening more than we know!

It s well known bug since the release of morrowind. Crippled bg at the beginning.

Some people also say that when the bg messages pops two times, if you accept it a second time it considers you declined the invitation.

So i only accept the first tine

Not sure fake or true but worth a shot
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »

When I have gone into GF with a 3 person group for a random daily it happens pretty much every time and usually multiples times at that. It is very unlikely that players are declining the GF queue with that much regularity.

So yes, it does seem to be happening regardless. However, with a full group it becomes clear the issue something for Zos to address that has been neglected for awhile.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.

My night
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/431731/group-finder-is-broken/p1
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/432059/are-eu-bgs-broken-in-the-evening

It is broken since ages but since the last dlc it got a lot worse up to the point that is not possible to que at some times especial during EU primetime. Really frustrating if nothing works:
    You want pvp try cyro -> extrem lag ->try bg (maybe you like no cp *** or just play stam)-> que does not work -> log off?

And it is not like it is a new bug! After morrowind release BGs were unplayable because of the same ***. They ignored it till not enough player were interested in bgs so it solved it self. The dungeon event happend -> same bug and again ignored. And since the last big updated it is extrem bad again on pc EU. We got some kind of "fix" not sure but i think it got a little better but it is still there and no word about it from ZOS.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23