The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Dungeon Finder not working!!!

• maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, everyone. We're investigating.

@ZOS_GinaBruno with respect, I don't know why this is only being investigated now. This was a known issue and so many people predicted this.
    Can you please discuss amongst your colleagues about linking the mystery boxes to the last boss of the dungeon, like the event tickets.
    We know from last year there is an issue with group finder tool
    Regards

On the positive side of view, maybe, just maybe we'll finally get this issue fixed!!! Because it's been months for PC EU for fake "someone declined" notes!
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    Damn I feel sorry for Gina, she is getting bashed by all the people on this thread and it's not even her job to do development.

nobody forced her to play like this problem is new to zos and the forums.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't understand why the game is still running and no one is fixing the group tool. as supporting player who pays for everything i'm finding this a fraud!
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn I feel sorry for Gina, she is getting bashed by all the people on this thread and it's not even her job to do development.

nobody forced her to play like this problem is new to zos and the forums.

Yes, we've been reporting this problem for MONTHS (I think from Wolfhunter DLC). There was plenty of time to get this fixed, but oh well, maybe this event will finally bring their attention to Group Finder.
  • PrinceDamien
    PrinceDamien
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was like this last year.
    And it's the same thing this year.

I think ZOS needs to look into the EU servers and improve them.
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why? It's her job, community manager is just a fancy title to feel important, she is basically frontline customer service, when stuff doesnt work, you complain to the person upfront, its not personal, they are representing the company, its how life works.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I don't get it. It's Undaunted celebration event, not Dungeon Finder celebration event. Boxes should be tied to pledges or bosses.
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oberstein wrote: »
    Even with full group of 4 Dungeon finder won't working.

How is it not working? Are you queuing with a group of 4, and a dungeon just isn't popping?

When you accept the queue a second window will pop up asking you to accept the queue again. If you accept the second window then the entire process will fail and say "Someone declined the invite, You were placed at the front of the queue.". IF you accept the first queue and ignore the second queue that pops up then it will work just fine.

• themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vh547k.png

:trollface:
    Edited by themaddaedra on November 29, 2018 5:54PM
    PC|EU
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

I'm sorry to say, cause I normally defend companies to a fault on many things, but come on. This happened last year as well. It happens almost every event where the dungeon finder suddenly gets used more than normal as well. This issue also comes up sometimes during non festival times as well. How is this is till a thing and not prepared for coming into a festival "celebrating" doing dungeons.

To be fair, there have been 4 major updates to the game since the last dungeon event. It's possible that one of those updates broke whatever fix they had in place and without the volume of stress this event provides they were unaware of the issue until now. This is a huge game and any little thing can break it.

If you've been checking more posts, this same issue has been going on before last years event. I remember this happening off and on since launch. I'll agree sometimes that happens with even small updates, but this has been a problem through multiple updates, large and small. It just doesn't show up often until events like this.
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    r0jSpuf.gif
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a surprise that the dungeon finder is not working. Who could have guessed that?

I mean last year it did not work. This year it did not work. But I am sure if they make a special event for the group finder will work without fixing it first. :|

The group finder will always break down if many players are using it at the same time. They never fixed it, it just "fixed" itself because many players gave up on it and they will ignore it till the next big wave of forum complains comes because it is broken again.
    The code has most likely some really bad flaws triggered by many players using it at the same time. At this point, they should just rewrite the whole thing from scratch with some additional features built in(MMR, custom lobby, optimized code, more player info, more customization,.. ).
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • mwo1480
    mwo1480
    ✭✭✭✭

How is it not working? Are you queuing with a group of 4, and a dungeon just isn't popping?

When you accept the queue a second window will pop up asking you to accept the queue again. If you accept the second window then the entire process will fail and say "Someone declined the invite, You were placed at the front of the queue.". IF you accept the first queue and ignore the second queue that pops up then it will work just fine.

tried that, didnt work, it cancels que totally
    eu/pc
    every char has a story

anne-susan ...breton sorch DC
    seline kay .... bosmer dk AD
    julia-noor ...bosmer temp DC
    elle wolf .... breton temp AD
    Mari-Lynn.... woodelf nb AD former empress
    Mari-chan... woodelf warden AD
    (and more chars)
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the same issue from last year, how long do they need?
    Also don't bash Gina, she's not in charge of the group finder functioning. Seems like nobody is actually....

Why is anybody surprised? ZO$ doesn't fix things
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭
    mwo1480 wrote: »

tried that, didnt work, it cancels que totally

You accepted the first queue? The second one that pops up should go away after a couple of seconds. IT doesn't mean it will always work because if someone else does it wrong it'll still fail to create the group.
    Edited by Synapsis123 on November 29, 2018 5:59PM
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Today's GROUP DUNGEON FINDER brought to you by........
    1055yqv.jpg
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    Umbra wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Temporary decision: drop event boxes like tikets from the last boss in dungeons. Thanks.

^ This. So much this. ^

I always run with mates anyway and rarely use the finder - let the boxes just drop from the end boss. Please.

Dungeon finder is very broken. It's been broken in one way or another for a good long time. Why then tie an event to it?
    $100 says the moment they implement this the end boss never spawns in.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    Umbra wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Temporary decision: drop event boxes like tikets from the last boss in dungeons. Thanks.

^ This. So much this. ^

I always run with mates anyway and rarely use the finder - let the boxes just drop from the end boss. Please.

Dungeon finder is very broken. It's been broken in one way or another for a good long time. Why then tie an event to it?
    $100 says the moment they implement this the end boss never spawns in.

Hahahahaha you hit nail on head there lol! :disappointed:
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    more than 2 hours waiting for a stupid random dungeons.

i quit for today. this event is a fraud.

i feel so cheated for wasting a day of work on this stupid game and i feel like an idiot for all the money i put in this.

please. just cancel all events. events are the cancer of this game.
  • GaianSpirit
    GaianSpirit
    ✭✭✭
    This is just embarrassing, this happens everytime, and even if it isnt an event most of the time the Dungeon Finder does not work. Can ZOS actually spend time and money fixing this? Take the Finder down for a whole month if you have to for all I care. THE FINDER IS BROKEN and it has never been fixed. We know that ZOS knows full well that this is the case, yet nothing is done. Stop spending time on re-skining pets, and actually fix the core infrastructure of the game...

Or maybe ZOS HQ will get their own Mysterious Box sent through the mail... oh yeah jk Homeland Security
  • lukaszp
    lukaszp
    Soul Shriven
    Does anyone know how they repair this last year? Did they even?
  • Magilacuddy
    Magilacuddy
    ✭✭
    Zos: Lets make an event that doesn't work... better still lets offer the chance of 130 mounts that nobody will get cause nobody can queue...
    Satan: I love it.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geroken777 wrote: »

It says forming group then the dungeon finder either completely stops searching with no response or just says somebody declined the queue and continues searching.
    80-90% of the time then the dungeon finder says some refused the queue its the finder itself who *** up.
    This is based on load so during prime time its more likely, during the start of dungeon event we used 2 hours getting into an dungeon with an 4 man group the first day.
    Later the problems was reduced but like wars server issues don't seems to change.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Raikiki
    Raikiki
    ✭✭✭
    Atleast CrownStore is working fine for me.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ufretin wrote: »
    Cinbri wrote: »
    It not working exactly like it wasn't working previous same event - no matter of your group it wont be formed, even leaving queue processing for minutes.
    Wasn't the previous event supposed to provide them with enough data to fix group finder? :D

It's only been what, a year?
    headbang.gif
  • Desinformator
    Queued 50 min solo on dungeon finder , then was kicked off to the login screen.
    Rubbish
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just lol... everybody knew it before and event is going live anyway and ofc not working... It´s like they dont care.
  • Aelendil
    Aelendil
    ✭✭
    The Group Finder has been broken since like the Summerset release, it just can't handle this much players using it during events.
    Server: EU
    Guild: Het Vreemdelingen Legioen
    Account Name: @arieblom
    Characters: Aelendil Lv50 Nightblade, Temael Lv50 Templar, Sorcael Lv50 Sorcerer, Wardael Lv50 Warden

• oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I wonder what we need to do to get Zos to acknowledge the in-combat bug they made worse with the Murkmire update.

it's an obvious thing -stop paying. why should they fix the game if everything is ok for them? this grouping tool is broken for years and "we are investigating" phrase has already become a local meme