The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Oceanic Lag now 300-400 ms even with a vpn - was 250-300??

• adrazns
    adrazns
    ✭✭
    I'm in Indonesia (Southeast Asia) and now my ping is higher than usual. about 300-400+
    sometimes there's lag spike which make my ping goes above 999+
    Normally I got about 170-250+ which is fine by me.
    :/:'(
  • SaucyMcSauceface
    SaucyMcSauceface
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, beyond a Facebook post that says that they are not going to give an area that has rubbish ping its own server (for the overly ironic reason that not enough people want to play in an area that has rubbish ping), are we going to get a response as to what ZOS plans on doing about the negative impact that their decisions have had on the increase in the ping that has nothing to do with the distance to the ESO servers?
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, beyond a Facebook post that says that they are not going to give an area that has rubbish ping its own server (for the overly ironic reason that not enough people want to play in an area that has rubbish ping), are we going to get a response as to what ZOS plans on doing about the negative impact that their decisions have had on the increase in the ping that has nothing to do with the distance to the ESO servers?

We need to keep the pressure on ZoS by continually keeping this thread relevant so they eventually respond and let us know what's happening and if this is being looked into.
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭

is anyone else thoroughly annoyed from a damn facebook post?

ZoS doesnt even have the decency to post it on their official forums.
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭

is anyone else thoroughly annoyed from a damn facebook post?

ZoS doesnt even have the decency to post it on their official forums.

Yes, mildly annoyed.

Now what?
  • Heady
    Heady
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just keep all the threads about this subject on the front page
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heady wrote: »
    Just keep all the threads about this subject on the front page

And keep notifying the Community Managers until they push this up the line.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vildebill wrote: »
    How would a VPN help you with latency? You'll probably take a longer route from your client to the server and back with it, plus some overhead traffic. Blame your region that is like 20 years back in time in infrastructure :neutral:

This exactly this.
    Isp in my country are the biggest bleepholes in their line of business.
    You just have to stick with them because theres only 2 of them.
    Bleeding poor bleepcks like me because they know they are all we got in our country.
    Edited by russelmmendoza on March 18, 2019 2:46AM
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    220-350 with VPN and lot more stable
    350-450 - +999 without

Sadly, sub+ vpn is too much for an old game going nowhere on the pvp front so I'm out .
    yes.. I know..they and possibly you d.g.a.f
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also bordering on quitting.
    I really love elder scrolls.
    And they made an mmo.
    Too bad their just nerfing it to the ground.

In fairness, its impossible to please everyone, but, all the request for nerfs is coming from one side of the player base.
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am also bordering on quitting.
    I really love elder scrolls.
    And they made an mmo.
    Too bad their just nerfing it to the ground.

In fairness, its impossible to please everyone, but, all the request for nerfs is coming from one side of the player base.

I'll most likely be quitting as well if this issue isnt resolved by the time Elsewyr comes out. *** their pathetic *** of a server. You should stop advertising your product to oceanic players too because you're basically advertising a broken product which I see as a scam.
  • SaucyMcSauceface
    SaucyMcSauceface
    ✭✭✭✭
    To the tune of 100 bottles of beer on the wall:

433 ignored replies on the thread,
    433 ignored replies,
    add one on,
    and it won't be long,
    till there are 434 ignored replies on the thread...
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

The clock is ticking. All we need is a statement acknowledging the actual problem here, Akamai, and for you guys to contact Akamai to get them to sort this out. I am being dead set honest, if you guys do not sort this out, you will lose me as a customer permanently.

At this point, I'm not resubbing until the game and connection becomes *** pristine in quality, until they become what should be expected from a triple-A MMORPG making more money than the publisher knows what to do with, and I'm quickly running out of reasons to even continue topping up my VPN to keep my connection usable.

The choice is your's. Address this glaring issue, or lose me as a customer. And I can guarantee I'm not the only one who feels the same way.

EDIT: Also want to add, the fact that you guys are advertising the game so heavily over here while knowing how bad the performance is, is *** disgusting. And don't even begin to tell me that you guys don't know about this. The threads are literally being lit up with posts from Oceanic players discussing the horrendous ping. You can literally look at the location of the new Asian Akamai scrubbing center sitting in Singapore, and see how many hops are in that area. No *** wonder our connection to the servers is so *** bad, when we're being sent through that clusterf**k.
    Edited by jcm2606 on March 18, 2019 6:39AM
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another day on console, another unplayable session and this is only in PvE open world. Unplayable combat, crashes and crippling lag, even in delves. This is getting ridiculous. Do something about this. How do you devs keep ignoring this issue?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno or whoever. Please pass this along, we’ve been ignored for too long. You can’t treat your customers this way.
    Edited by MattT1988 on March 18, 2019 7:15AM
  • mrfrontman
    mrfrontman
    ✭✭✭✭
    I sincerely hope each one of you has sent in an email regarding this and not just leaving it to the threads. Like a few of you said, we need to keep pushing them until they actually budge. The more emails they receive, the better chance we have at seeing a better future for ESO. Keep in mind, each and every single one of your emails helps towards this, so if you're reading this right now, this includes you so pitch in and shoot ZoS an email please =)
  • SathuDuwa
    SathuDuwa
    ✭✭✭
    I get better ping (>200ms) to EU server than NA (>230) server, playing from SEA region using mudfish or Digitalocean Bangalore VPN

EDIT: Also wanted to add that if a VPN works for you, it's your ISP that's choosing a long path to ESO's server. You should try contacting your ISP to optimize the route. EU servers ping at >380 ms for me and NA servers >230ms without VPN. Unfortunately, I've tried to contact my ISP but they're ignoring me
    Edited by SathuDuwa on March 18, 2019 7:59AM
  • ChugTug
    ChugTug
    Soul Shriven
    I wish I didnt enjoy this game so damn much. Dealing now with 350 latency from QLD, whereas before it used be 250 back in 2017. Game is slowly becoming more unplayable/unstable by the year and I fear for what the state of game will be like during 2020.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on guys, lets be honest here. If zenimax actually valved SEA/OCX community they would have fixed this years ago. Yet we are still here at this same issue. Seems its easier to drive off the curtain parts of the community than to actually help them.

Our money is not green enough for them, so let not give them any more. No more subs, no more crowns, no more pre orders.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lag was woeful on Xbox last night. Truly bad. PvE.
  • CH77
    CH77
    ✭✭✭
    Is bumping posts against forum rules?

You know what? I don't give a crap if it is! FFS

*BUMP*

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA

• Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it did take them 4 years for that poor response.
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game is a pile of pathetic *** right now and its only 1-2 bars in population in Cyrodill.
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's a clip of the current ESO experience for Aussie players. I've titled it "Aussie buyers beware: Avoid ESO at all costs" because I would NEVER recommend anyone from Oceania to pay a cent for this game, not even the measly $20 one-off purchase fee.

Your game is a *** embarassment. Look at the clip, its as if I'm playing ESO off a toaster. I've seen smoother gameplay on a 20 year old Tetris game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWLkij-9-08&list=UU7pJ9aD3LyRCO7aEuDAarAQ

I can't cc break so I have to eat up the mag sorcs whole combo. I can't dizzy swing animation cancel into dawnbreaker because of the *** 400ping I have to deal with. In fact can you explain where my dawnbreaker went in this video? Or did the 400 ping I have to live with eat that up too?

Then, because of all the above *** that goes on I can't put any pressure, Im out of resources and I die. Not because I was outplayed but because OF YOUR *** GARBAGE SERVERS AND HOW THEY HANDLE OCEANIC ROUTING.

Idc if this sounds like a rant either because that's exactly what this is. And the funny part is this comment will probably get removed or I will get a warning (or banned) for the nature of my post yet the oxygen thieves working at ZoS won't even acknowledge the 15+ pages of complaints on this forum.
  • SaucyMcSauceface
    SaucyMcSauceface
    ✭✭✭✭
    Storytime:
    Once upon a time, there was a group of players chained by a lag that caused them to die most every time they tried to venture out. Or, it let them think that they had managed to move, only to abruptly pull them back again much akin to a rubber band. Sometimes this worked to their favour, like when running a scroll, when they appeared to all others on Cyrodil to be teleporting around the place like a crazy person, but mostly, it left them lying dead clearly outside of the area that was marked as a danger zone.

So, a few brave souls cried out to @ZOS_GinaBruno to see if she was able to tackle the evil overlord, the one known as Akamai. They had heard tell that the one known as Akamai was diverting all of their traffic to a far away land, and the rumour was that ZOS was knowingly allowing this evil to continue. These few were joined by a mass of others, certain that a company taking their subscription money would not intentionally hand them over to the torments of the evil Akamai.

Alas, @ZOS_GinaBruno did not respond to their cries. So they reached out further and called on @ZOS_JessicaFolsom to see if she could aid them, or at least let them know that they had been heard. But still no word came from those designated as Community Managers. Some cast their net wider, calling on people like @ZOS_Finn, @ZOS_SarahHecker and @ZOS_BillE but still they heard nothing. In desperation some attempted to appeal to @ZOS_KaiSchober despite the fact that his forum posts seem to indicate that his first language is German.

In the face of this silence from those whose job it was to communicate with the masses, despite 15 pages of requests for a response, some players revoked their subscriptions. Some though, held fast to faith in @ZOS_GinaBruno that she would respond eventually, and, hoping against hope, that she would explain to them why ZOS had decided to punish them with the evil Akamai. They envisioned a future where pings would be returned to a playable state. Some called them dreamers, but still they believed.

They wait still.
  • magicsprout
    magicsprout
    ✭✭✭
    its been terrible this week loadscreen in dungeons. tried to do pledges on normal today and other players just teleporting around the screen had to give up
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with a vpn that some how says less than 300 ping, the game feels worse lag wise than it has ever been.

vMA on a magplar....perhaps the most angry have ever been in there, constantly literally stuck in heavy attack animations despite only tapping the attack button, these could not be broken unless I cancelled by using block. I once waited to see if the animation would break....it did not.

Channeled acceleration tool tip says 1.3 sec channel........counted 1 one thousand 2 one thousand 3 one thousand before the animation finished.

Jabs bugging all the time.

Then there is all the stuff on their end...... so far out of red that it is not even funny, animations for the behemoth and lurchers not being present and it goes on.

Where to start about pvp?

I know all of us latency challenged know this.

Its in the despairing hope that by keeping this thread on the first page that the lazy, money grabbing, careless, unfeeling (yeah we all saw the facebook kick in the teeth) administrators of this game might by a miracle keep more of us in the game.

If the game worked halfway as well(which by all accounts isn't saying much) as it does for the majority of players in NA then maybe there might be a market that would be worthy of their attention.
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    How can no one respond? That's just ridiculous.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spoke to @ZosMattFiror about the excremental lag at PAXAus last year and he said that he would definitely get people to look into it. So the only conclusion at this point can be that they are fully aware of it but just don't care enough to even comment about it here.

SMH.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
This discussion has been closed.