Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Are You Excited For The "Nerfmire" Update?

• essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    It's raining and very windy atm, especially where I am, so it might feel like the sky is falling.

I can reassure you, the sky is in fact not falling.

Everything will be fine.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'm always excited for new content. Balancing changes don't affect me.
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Sadly, no.

It feels way to similar to when morrowind was on PTS.
    I lost all ambition to even care about getting better and make progressthat returned but now I remember why i stopped caring.

I will definetlycheck out how my sorc fairs in vma when this downgrade goes live but I already stopped spending extra money a while ago and canceled eso+ autorenewal recently so it will run out soon.

I cant justify supporting this game anymore to myself. GG wroble, the game is not fun anymore, thanks.
    Edited by pattyLtd on October 3, 2018 7:06AM
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, not too much.
    Im more excited for that murkmire manor.
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. They've taken away numerous areas of survivability from my Magblade without giving anything back. There's basically going to be no way to shake a determined stam character now in PvP making every fight a dps race. Also the Anguish set (even after the nerf) is complete AIDs.

They need to give light armor a snare break now to balance PvP.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Hoolielulu wrote: »
    firedrgn wrote: »
    I wonder if all the yeses are stam?

One stam and two mag. Stam is my main so my yes does partly swing for her.

Why does everyone think Stam will be so good next patch? The snare immunity and speed nerfs are gonna see skilled stamina players take a huge hit.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, change is good.

I know i will miss my shield and have been trying to PvP without it. It's a bit more difficult, even in full HA all impen, but recently i have been back in full light armor, being the melee magblade i wanted to be but without shields.

Currently the state of PvP everybody except a few complain. About shields, speed, stamNB's and whatnot. In order to try to balance and make te game more fair, drastic changed have to be made.

This update might wreck PvP, or make it more fun. I don't know. It might take a few iterations to get it fixed.

About Murkmire itself.... i hate swamps. It's wet, dark, cold and full of Argonians. I rather stroll in the desert.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • FlyingSwan
    FlyingSwan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Semi interested as it's new content, but coming back to the game after 18 months break, I can see the game has moved backwards and, under current leadership, I don't see that direction changing.
  • playsforfun
    playsforfun
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    more worried than excited, I'll play and try it out and if i don't like the changes I'll just move on to something else and play this sparingly.
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Looking forward to doing the story in the new zone, annnnnnnnd thats it, sub gone, login for daily rewards until they put right everything they are doing wrong with this patch, and move on. Divinty Original Sin 2 , shadows awakening, might even dust off diablo 3 again, strange brigade looks really cool, and hope that a studio somewhere release's a decent MMO.
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Vapirko wrote: »

Why does everyone think Stam will be so good next patch? The snare immunity and speed nerfs are gonna see skilled stamina players take a huge hit.

It's a tiny hit and nothing in compared to the universal nerfing of mag classes (who by the way still have no access to snare break).

Let's compare a 2s snare immunity and 2% speed nerf to my magblades changes which include:
    • Big nerf to healing from swallow soul
    • Complete removal of either damage or healing from refreshing path
    • Huge nerf to Healing Ward
    • Huge nerf to Dampen Magic
    • Merciless Resolve now much easier to dodge
    • Zero, not even one, compensatory buffs

I reckon you'll probably be alright tbh mate @Vapirko
    Edited by lucky_dutch on October 3, 2018 7:38AM
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I tested by dueling people on the PTS and while weaker, my mag sorc is still able to deal damage and shield herself. Even though I will have to change some of the parameters. But that's ok, change is not bad.

However, I doubt I will use Overload now because there's no 3rd bar and also hope the changes will see some other benefits in next 2 PTS cycles.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Joshlenoir wrote: »
    Are you excited for the upcoming patch (Murkmire)?
    why or why not

lol

I like the name.

But yes, I"m looking forward to it. I play as a Templar so I'm actually getting buffs I've been told and not nerfs.

And there are some gear sets in Murkmire that look perfect for me and I'm looking forward to the upgrade. The only place I ever used shields was in PvP and that was mostly just because everything else I had sucked. So these nerfs likely won't affect me very much.
    Edited by Jeremy on October 3, 2018 7:58AM
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    ESO became too boring to me, but i still make an effort because i used to love this game.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    More to explore. Any changes to gameplay is just something to deal with.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Not excited that I'll have to sit heavy attacking 50% of the time.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Another swamp area to explore! Because Shadowfen was soooo much fun...
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I am fed up with having to regear all my 15 characters every 3 Months.
    Thankfully Fallout 76 and the new Ark DLC are coming soon.
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Power creep has been out of control since One Tamriel dropped. This is necessary for long term sustainability. Eventually, I’d like to see a slight increase in overland difficulty, too, since that content is utterly trivial.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RobGarrett

paying attention to this? It says alot

at the very least its a case for not releasing dlc and updates together.
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    worried for my shields, but im excited to spend more time with Stam chars :)
    PC
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I voted no because depending how the changes go, Mrs. Ghul might quit the game :(
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Vapirko wrote: »

It's a tiny hit and nothing in compared to the universal nerfing of mag classes (who by the way still have no access to snare break).

Let's compare a 2s snare immunity and 2% speed nerf to my magblades changes which include:
    • Big nerf to healing from swallow soul
    • Complete removal of either damage or healing from refreshing path
    • Huge nerf to Healing Ward
    • Huge nerf to Dampen Magic
    • Merciless Resolve now much easier to dodge
    • Zero, not even one, compensatory buffs

I reckon you'll probably be alright tbh mate @Vapirko

Oh I didn't say the mag changes were good, people just seem to think stamina is gonna be great. Truth is small scale/solo play on all sides is taking another huge hit. I play stamina DK/sorc/templar and magicka NB/sorc so Im well aware of how bad things are all around. But yes I will be fine because Im probably not coming back lol, been gone for a few months now and based on the changes in Murkemire.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Power creep has been out of control since One Tamriel dropped. This is necessary for long term sustainability. Eventually, I’d like to see a slight increase in overland difficulty, too, since that content is utterly trivial.

I would argue power creep was more of an issue before One Tamriel. I used to out-level entire zones after the first couple of quests and enemies would become so weak they could barely harm me and wouldn't even drop loot (yet still aggro annoyingly). It made questing even less fun than it is now.

But I do agree with you otherwise. The overland content needs to be more challenging. Or at least give high level characters the option to join an instance scaled to a higher difficulty. I can literally kill 99% of everything I encounter while questing in a second.... maybe two. And I don't even play as a damage-dealing class.
    Edited by Jeremy on October 3, 2018 9:08AM
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    ezio45 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RobGarrett

paying attention to this? It says alot

at the very least its a case for not releasing dlc and updates together.

A poll on the forums is totally not representative of the entire player base.

My wife is never on the forums.... but she is really looking forward to the change.

As are some 10000 others i asked on the streets. In reality the "NO"'s are way outnumbered as happy people are playing people and not forum dwellers. I am here because i cannot play because im in a train.

Also

2j9pyr.jpg
    Edited by Knootewoot on October 3, 2018 9:17AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Until they add some vet mode for overland questing it's not really exciting at all. Doing the story line quests with a max CP character you just steamroll through it. It's the same problem with every expansion/dlc.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I was excited at first because I have always wanted to explore more of black marsh. But all these nerfs, and my one and only character is a sorc. I'm going to feel the nerf hard.

It's just left a sour taste in my mouth.
  • vienna
    vienna
    ✭✭
    No
    I don't look to any new DLC. I'm playing this game since 3 months or so, for new or casual players are DLC dungeons mission impossible to master, way too hard, why pay money for something you can't play or is frustration to play. I have also Summerset and to lvl up Psijic Order Skill Line is just, eh...I would never buy that again. So when I read about a new DLC, no thx.
    Edited by vienna on October 3, 2018 9:35AM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    vienna wrote: »
    I don't look to any new DLC. I'm playing this game since 3 months or so, for new players are DLC dungeons mission impossible to master, way too hard, why pay money for something you can't play or is frustration to play. I have also Summerset and to lvl up Psijic Order Skill Line is just, eh...I would never buy that again. So when I read about a new DLC, no thx.

Those new Wolf Hunter dungeons are pretty rough, especially on Veteran. They are not new player friendly.

I wish ZOS would make that more clear. Always this problem happens after a new DLC dungeon content is released. The dungeon is flooded with newer players wanting to try out the new content only to be obliterated and all the drama that often goes along with it. I"m sure many of them would take a refund if they could.

I wasn't overly impressed with the Psijic Order skill line either. Some of the concepts were good, but they were too timid in their finalization. None of them have earned a spot on my skill bar. I have to say I've been impressed by Summerset thus far though. The quests are interesting and it looks great.

Edited by Jeremy on October 3, 2018 9:50AM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I can't wait for everyone to be nerfed, specifically rollers and speed builds.