The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Healing ward lost the upfront heal?

• dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, thanks everyone. I think I get the rationale behind this change. Choices between playing a magicka class and survivability make combat more interesting. If you get ganked down to execute range, you just need to strategically and deliberately die.
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is ridiculous if other shield changes are being kept. This is a reactive skill. While strong, it is far from overperforming, especially without the ability to combine it with other shields AND the fact that it was already needed by allowing it to be crit (mitigation does not compensate). It is necessary for mag classes without an easy burst heal.
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now I can cast this skill 4-5 times and not get any heal on the last cast that actually goes to the caster.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm ok with this if they boost the heal on Combat Prayer and add self-always target to Mutagen.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty clear what they are doing. They want people to choose the unpopular morphs.

Without the upfront heal there is no reason to choose Healing Ward now. There won't be as much shield stacking going on (due to nerfs) so you won't get the heal on the back end either.

So what will people do? Choose Ward Ally.
    Edited by brandonv516 on September 21, 2018 5:44PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I'm ok with this if they boost the heal on Combat Prayer and add self-always target to Mutagen.

Agreed. Lots of feedback on healing ward was "my heals goes to someone I don't want to heal, fix now ug ug". so this adjustment would elevate it.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • polgarah
    polgarah
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand this change. They want healers are more desirable, right? I'm a warden healer and I don't have BoL, healing ward is our oh *** heal for out range people....

So, this new patch is coming with 1 second cast of my own shield and a nerf of healing ward. I'm really happy right now, i feel pretty useful with my both characters.... Yes, sorc and warden xD
    Edited by polgarah on September 21, 2018 5:09PM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

I'd be fine with it if this happened too. Healing ward was always annoying to use, and the heal on combat prayer is a joke compared to class heals/otherwise. They wanted to make more healers useful, right?

But some people will cry on the forums when heavy armor users benefit the most from that resto staff and any power-up to heals...I can see it now, "tanks got worse in Murkmire" "Nerf healing!" "Nerf resto!" instead of addressing the fact that CP creep and that passive healing done in heavy armor is stupid and could probably be replaced with 8% healing done in light, nerfing heavy armor tards in PvP that are ultra-tanky from stacking healing % bonus, cutting stam healing that is also a problem, and making "healers" more wanted in PvE. But you know, ZOS won't do that. Easier to keep nerfing light armor for some reason :D
    Edited by Kadoin on September 21, 2018 5:11PM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    " We heard pet sorc was unpopular in PVP, we nerfed healing ward and now you need to use the twillight matriarch or die, it make both choice interesting "

• OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, maybe just a tooltip bug. Hopefully ZOS comments soon.
  • PickleRick
    PickleRick
    ✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division nailed it. Awful decision
    Edited by PickleRick on September 21, 2018 5:26PM
    Come on, flip the pickle, Morty, you're not gonna regret it. The payoff is huge. I turned myself into a pickle, Morty! Boom! Big reveal! I'm a pickle! What do you think about that? I turned myself into a pickle! W-w-what are you just staring at me for, bro, I turned myself into a pickle, Morty.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great, healing ward is the one burst heal I can use on any class from the resto skill line. Not all classes have good burst heals, and now they ninja nerfed it too? Why??? Seriously, WTF!
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the devs even play healers on non-templar classes?
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So what will people do? Choose Ward Ally. Play a stamina build.

fixed 4 u

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This will severely hurt Melee MNB
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boy they must really be on some good stuff
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    El Oh El.
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    They must want everyone to go stamina

That's what I've been thinking of doing I was going to use some of the pts to test builds to see how the preform
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That does jot make sence they cried healers where nl ot being used .. so they nerff a resto heal. Lol makes sense
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lame, but typical. One of the many "oops, sorry we forgot this in the patch notes"
    PC-NA
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another terrible change.

@Joy_Division I hope you really lay into these devs next Tuesday. Like, fix this or I'm done as your rep..
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please nerf the skill harder and give us a free red dot costume so stamina players know where to shoot us magicka players.
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dagonbeer wrote: »
    Ah, thanks everyone. I think I get the rationale behind this change. Choices between playing a magicka class and survivability make combat more interesting. If you get ganked down to execute range, you just need to strategically and deliberately die.

its a buff if you're suicidal
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Another terrible change.

@Joy_Division I hope you really lay into these devs next Tuesday. Like, fix this or I'm done as your rep..

No matter how bad you think it is, it can always get worse. Like who they would replace joy with... Ixnay on the ultimatumay.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No dev response like...

"Oops we forgot to add this to the notes..."

Or

"That's a UI error and bug..."

No?
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is going to be a glorious pvp patch for stamblades.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Yes, it no longer heal on apply and tooltip no longer say that it heal on apply.
    ward.png

So, it is change that seems forgot to be added to patchnotes. Was wondering why strongest damage shields wasn't changed, but it seems it was. Good.

WTF IS GOING ON WITH THIS GAME DEVS PLS STAPH MESSING UP THINGS
    Edited by Soris on September 22, 2018 4:51AM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Whoa, this is NOT an ok change.

damned few of these changes are ok.

the more you read the patch notes, the worse it gets.

much like the meandering 'adjustments' we've watched unfold with rune cage since they decided to change it. (what, three times, now? four? i've lost track)

as someone mentioned above, it seems like we're being pushed into stamina based characters; maybe that's the vision they have to finally end the lag, have everyone running variations of the same *** so the server can finally keep up with it. <shrug>

at this point, i'm not sure i even care anymore, tbh.
  • corvair62
    corvair62
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like no shields for anyone, YAY!!! This is getting out of hand. I have stam characters, but I'm shelving my 4yr main magsorc if this pts stuff goes through. And I dont pvp with him. Guess eventually we'll have to put away all magicka classes. Good by to "play how you want", Now it is " play only how we let you"