The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Healing ward lost the upfront heal?

dagonbeer
dagonbeer
✭✭✭
Just saw this in the sorc thread but haven't seen any other mentions of it until now. Can anyone confirm?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    patch notes don't say.

If it did, its a bug.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The tooltip specifically leaves out any mention of the heal on cast. So it appears it's not a bug.

So can confirm
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ninja nerf to put the ability in line when using the new arena weapon which will prob have its stat bonus removed like they did with the Maelstrom and Master weapons.

No point in asking.
    Just play if you like the game still.
    Join the un-sub party
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot to confirm?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »
    The tooltip specifically leaves out any mention of the heal on cast. So it appears it's not a bug.

So can confirm

Have a screenshot of it?
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it no longer heal on apply and tooltip no longer say that it heal on apply.
    ward.png

So, it is change that seems forgot to be added to patchnotes. Was wondering why strongest damage shields wasn't changed, but it seems it was. Good.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF so mag chars now also got rekt on the only non-class burst heal
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Yes, it no longer heal on apply and tooltip no longer say that it heal on apply.
    ward.png

So, it is change that seems forgot to be added to patchnotes. Was wondering why strongest damage shields wasn't changed, but it seems it was. Good.

Thanks I will pass the issue along and hopefully we find out what's up.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They must want everyone to go stamina
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoa, this is NOT an ok change.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :/
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not like healing ward the only shield i'd say was very strong didn't get a huge buff or anything.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since Zos has clearly gimped the ability of dps to survive purely by themselves by spamming shields I almost feel like there is now some sort of external support source necessary in order to succesfully overcome and complete group content. Maybe we can invent a new role that is specialized in patching people up and keeping dps and tanks alive. Let's call it 'healer' or something...
    Edited by profundidob16_ESO on September 21, 2018 11:28AM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since Zos has clearly gimped the ability of dps to survive purely by themselves by spamming shields I almost feel like there is now some sort of external support source necessary in order to succesfully overcome and complete group content. Maybe we can invent a new role that is specialized in patching people up and keeping dps and tanks alive. Let's call it 'healer' or something...

Healer isn't gonna help endgame through 1 shot mechanics.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So lemme get this straight. Zos simply does not want damage shields to be effective in any way shape or form.

Recovering from execute range is something all classes can and should be able to do.

But any class relying on damage shield mechanics is being absolutely **** on. If you react and apply defensive abilities before executed, you will remain in execute and take full damage.

Just remove damage shields from the game. If you don't want them used as a defense mechanic simply remove them, and give light armor other options.

Because at this current state light armor for several classes is crippled.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another terrible change.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's like they aren't even trying anymore.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP the 2/5 classes that have no viable burst heal outside of Healing Ward.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well that's pretty terrible.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RobGarrett what say you about this? Healing ward is the only class-agnostic burst heal for "oh s***" moments. Is this really something you think is a good thing to take away?
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow really
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well that's pretty terrible.
    Reverb wrote: »
    class-agnostic

Fantastic term. I will be stealing it in future posts.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet they just left out the magicka version of Vigor as well. :)
  • sly007
    sly007
    ✭✭✭✭

Time to slot blessing of protection. Only burst heal.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ward.png

4k shield that should be 7k easy shield did that get neeffed too?
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sly007 wrote: »

Time to slot blessing of protection. Only burst heal.

Might as well delete NB, Sorc and DK healers now while we're at it. You can still play them but with all the nerfs to NB and Sorcs, neither will be desirable since all utility is being stripped from them and DK healers are still practically myths considering how little you actually see.

RIP all Magic builds in PvP.
    Argonian forever
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... that sucks :angry:
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol terrible.

Like I said, they have stopped noting all the changes lately so you need to test everything more finely.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    firedrgn wrote: »
    ward.png

4k shield that should be 7k easy shield did that get neeffed too?

It just tooltip on not-upgraded template.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Told you guys that resto staff wasn't a buff, now you know what I meant... :D If not, you would be spamming healing ward with 100% major vitality...can't have that now, can we?