The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Snipe Gank Build

• regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    "New"?

Though since you mention range you're probably not referring to Asylum Bow builds (which are limited to 20m for their 20k~ burst combo).

Regular snipe builds have their total burst limited to 13-14k (Snipes being 8-9k~ dmg on average) on most targets & pretty much the only way they kill a good player is with a desync or an exploit as they lack any follow up after the target CC breaks the 13-14k dmg & simply dodge rolls/blocks & shields up.

Lol once again "YouTube" it, I said new because it's running rampant around pvp.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ll be running Archers Mind Swamp Raider Domihaus and Kena. Infused Bow with Prismatic Damage glyph.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your running a good build and are a decent player then you should survive a snipe gank from a single player.

The issue with snipe though is the dysnc, you usually only hear it once you have already been hit, so you get hit twice before you can start reacting, making it difficult for squisher builds to survive.

And yeah in 1vx/group fights I hate snipe, it's very overpowered in that type of gameplay. You either roll over and over to los, quickly kill the sniper or your dead if you play a class with no defence against projectiles.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    "New"?

Though since you mention range you're probably not referring to Asylum Bow builds (which are limited to 20m for their 20k~ burst combo).

Regular snipe builds have their total burst limited to 13-14k (Snipes being 8-9k~ dmg on average) on most targets & pretty much the only way they kill a good player is with a desync or an exploit as they lack any follow up after the target CC breaks the 13-14k dmg & simply dodge rolls/blocks & shields up.

Lol once again "YouTube" it, I said new because it's running rampant around pvp.

Most snipe builds I see are people who spam snipe, kill some lone dude on a mount who fails to react in time (whether due to low reaction speed or health/animation desync, who knows) & then speed away after wasting 1/3rd of their entire stamina pool to get that one kill that was never even "guaranteed".

Small minority try landing LA+Poison Injection or LA+Crushing Weapon for faster burst (which is still limited to 13-14k dmg even on my 5x Well-Fitted 7 medium stamblade) & others go for the melee gank with snipe->ambush+incap or snipe->incap+killer's blade etc and again spend their entire stamina pool to (maybe) get one kill.

I've watched pretty much every video that has to do with snipe ganking, perhaps you'd want to be a bit more specific as to what you're referring to?
    Edited by DDuke on August 27, 2018 9:54PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "New"?

Most snipe builds I see are people who spam snipe, kill some lone dude on a mount who fails to react in time (whether due to low reaction speed or health/animation desync, who knows) & then speed away after wasting 1/3rd of their entire stamina pool to get that one kill that was never even "guaranteed".

Small minority try landing LA+Poison Injection or LA+Crushing Weapon for faster burst (which is still limited to 13-14k dmg even on my 5x Well-Fitted 7 medium stamblade) & others go for the melee gank with snipe->ambush+incap or snipe->incap+killer's blade etc

I've watched pretty much every video that has to do with snipe ganking, perhaps you'd want to be a bit more specific as to what you're referring to?

He's referring to the fact he originally was just being sarcastic about them being "new"
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "New"?

Small minority try landing LA+Poison Injection or LA+Crushing Weapon for faster burst (which is still limited to 13-14k dmg even on my 5x Well-Fitted 7 medium stamblade) & others go for the melee gank with snipe->ambush+incap or snipe->incap+killer's blade etc and again spend their entire stamina pool to (maybe) get one kill.

I cant say the guys name as that is against the rules.
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    "New"?

Do you talking about the PS4-TBS+Spriggans+Kena+Velidreth-full.divine-snipe,snipe,LA,poison.arrow,combo-guy?
    PC EU - DC only
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChefZero wrote: »
    "New"?

Do you talking about the PS4-TBS+Spriggans+Kena+Velidreth-full.divine-snipe,snipe,LA,poison.arrow,combo-guy?

Naw, but he could potentially be another guy.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "New"?

It sounds like you click baited the thread by claiming "one shot" build when it's really not a one shot "build" at all.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    So there's a new snipe gang build going around, where people are being 1 shot, and before anyone says " if you're a good player, you wouldn't be sniped" let's not forget 1. The range in snipe and 2. If your in the midst of battle you wont see It coming.

The real plague of cyrodiil. I pm'd one of these guys. He said it's not rare for him to get 20k snipes.
    @usmguy1234 @regime211
    I know of this build: 5x marksman, 5x spriggan,1x kina, 1x kraig, full devines, Shadow mundus,
    Basically speccing 4 high crit damage(since 1st hit from stealth always crits)
    boom. Old setup but ive pulled of 24k+ lethal arrows. Gets boring after 5 min, i prefer my ww.
    Easy af to use, just 2x lethal arrow+poison injection and 90 % of the people in Cyrodiil are dead.
    Its stupidly broken, combine that with lag+health desync caused in 50% of the cases with lethal arrow and you kill almost any1 on the map
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Over in pve land......

Oh goody goody gumdrops.... they are going to nerf my archer into the £#@&ing ground :(
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is so full of misconceptions and downright wrong information.

Snipe builds are only effective against lower CP (Unless they know how to gear), glass cannons, poorly geared and/or distracted players.

Firstly, the only shots that you are unable to hear are done from stealth. An arrow fired from any other state will have the tell tell whistle. So the guy has one free shot that you have to react to after the hit (unless you roll often for no reason) * NOT taking into account Cyrodiil lag at times.

Second, with enough Impen and good reactions you can pretty much neuter any gank build.

What kills most players is the slow reaction to breaking the stun. The rotation is usually, Snipe X2, LA+ Crushing/Poison Injection.

Now the better the ganker, the closer to the same time stamp that the Snipe (stealth crit) + LA+ Crushing/Poison Injection+ Enchantment proc hit.

Here is where the engagement is usually decided- The stun from that first Snipe. If the target is still stunned when that second snipe hits, they are usually dead. Assuming 27k or less health.

If the target has good reactions and or a good pvp build, they will break the stun and survive with 1/4- 1/2 health.

So to recap=

Snipe (stealth state) = 4k-22k This is greatly dependent on the targets buffs up and Impen

LA+ Crushing (invisible state)= 2k-8k LA + 4k- 13k Crushing

Weapon Enchantment= 2k-6k

Sub total= 12k-49k (Highly dependent on the targets buffs, CP, gear etc) *Assuming the entire combo hits*

Second Snipe (invisible state)= 4k- 12k ( If lands during the CC, even 30k+ Targets can die)

Grand Total= 16k-61k (in a perfect world 2 timestamps) *Assuming the entire combo hits*

As you can see, these numbers have a HUGE bracket and most of that is reaction time +buffs+Impen. Most gankers run around with enough penetration to put everyone in zero to Light armor status. So to offset this, you should be running high Impen to neuter his/her crits. And for the love of god people, learn to roll dodge and block.

Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    90% of snipers only attack outnumbered players, which allows them to take full advantage of the associated bugs (It is not just the first snipe from stealth). There is often zero counterplay aviable for the target. If someone needs to L2P it's those snipers who rely on numbers AND bugs to get kills.
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    90% of snipers only attack outnumbered players, which allows them to take full advantage of the associated bugs (It is not just the first snipe from stealth). There is often zero counterplay aviable for the target. If someone needs to L2P it's those snipers who rely on numbers AND bugs to get kills.

This right here is what my opening statement was referring too.

I have had sniping and a melee ganking NB's since launch and I have yet to see any "bugs". Most of these can be chalked up to inexperienced players not knowing the game mechanics.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »
    Rianai wrote: »

This right here is what my opening statement was referring too.

I have had sniping and a melee ganking NB's since launch and I have yet to see any "bugs". Most of these can be chalked up to inexperienced players not knowing the game mechanics.

Your observation skills must suck.

The most common bug in my experience is the whole "you are stunned but it looks like a root" animation thing. Your toon doesn't even react, just stays standing upright like nothing happened, that's why you see so many people bashing when they are rooted, cause they immediately assume it's actually a bugged hard CC.

A StamBlade was my first toon also, had great fun snipe ganking and later heavy attack ganking with the magelight empower (RIP stealth empowers). You don't realise how buggy getting hit from stealth is until you've played other toons for a while.

Edited by Taylor_MB on August 28, 2018 10:59PM
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've died MUCH more often from Haunting Curse+Frags+Wrath combo, than from some snipers...
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's my opinion the best three Bow Gank setups are:

5 Marksman/5 Spriggans with 1 Kena and 1 Velidreth Warrior Mundus
    5 Marksman/5 Morag Tong with 1 Kena and 1 Velidreth Warrior Mundus
    5 Marksman/5 Hawkseye with 1 Kena and 1 Velidreth Warrior Mundus (Nice for Non-CP Battlegrounds or Campaigns)

Another setup that has surfaced on Youtube is 5 Twice Born Star/ 5 Spriggans to take advantage of two mundus stones

Rings and Neck Weapon Damage Glyphs
    Choice on the Rings and Neck per preference is Robust or Infused. Infused will give you more damage at a loss of Stamina.

Bow Nirnhoned Poison or Disease
    2H Infused Wpn Damage

Medium Armor unless you can take advantage of the Undaunted Mettle Passive then 5 Med, 1 Lt, 1 Heavy
    Armor Traits Choices and Combo's vary. Divines, Inpen, Infused, Well Fitted
    Glyphs Stamina/Prismatic

Edited by Palidon on August 29, 2018 12:17PM
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "New"?

It sounds like you click baited the thread by claiming "one shot" build when it's really not a one shot "build" at all.

Yet I never stated the persons name, so for you to jump on this thread and add negative feed back doesn't help either bud.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "New"?

And I really wish people like you would refrain from commenting on threads, as if the poster is "click baiting" or making things up, if you have nothing positive and constructive to say, please dont comment at all. This thread was made for everyone who deals with 1 shots by snipe spammers, whether health desyncs or whatever else is going on in pvp.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "New"?

And I really wish people like you would refrain from commenting on threads, as if the poster is "click baiting" or making things up, if you have nothing positive and constructive to say, please dont comment at all. This thread was made for everyone who deals with 1 shots by snipe spammers, whether health desyncs or whatever else is going on in pvp.

Fact is, I see you providing no evidence of "one shot" snipe builds.

You claim it's on "youtube" and as @DDuke replied that he had watched every youtube video on the topic you still refuse to give a link to it.

It's not naming and shaming to mention the name of a youtuber, you aren't calling them out or shaming them.

What I'm saying might not be positive, sure. But what I say is constructive, for sure. If there is such a build that's risen up to ruin cyrodiil, I have my doubts of it's existence. You claimed that it was being used to one shot, restealth, one shot, restealth, one shot in 4 seconds.

It's the burden of the person making the outrageous claim to provide proof, not the burden of the person saying it doesn't sound possible.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The snipe bug is so common, at least on Xbox, that there's no normal play.

I consider snipe to be the ultimate burst ability in game now.

Can easily stack 10s of 1000s of damage. There is no non burst bow combo lol

And I'm starting to think it's intended based on ZoS silence
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The snipers are so out of control on Xbox. They are the DPS of choice right now followed by mag sorc. Which is bad because players are just outnumbering you and killing you with ranged abilities and executes. Snipe really just needs to be removed all together. The cast time isn't even really a negative for the ability because snipers just cast it when you are fighting someone else.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The snipers are so out of control on Xbox. They are the DPS of choice right now followed by mag sorc. Which is bad because players are just outnumbering you and killing you with ranged abilities and executes. Snipe really just needs to be removed all together. The cast time isn't even really a negative for the ability because snipers just cast it when you are fighting someone else.

So abilities should be removed based on how dangerous they are in Xv1?

I've got a list of things that should be "removed" first then:
    Fury
    Curse
    Flame Reach
    Incap
    DBOS
    Spin2Win
    POTL/Purifying Light
    Jbeam

...all of these are more dangerous to someone who is outnumbered than Snipe can ever be, and that's just a list of offensive abilities (things like healbots spamming Honor the Dead/Healing Ward on people you try to kill can be much more devastating).

I get the complaints about bugs & desyncs (I've had those happen to me as well) but let's not pretend someone using a dodgeable/blockable cast time ability that hits maybe 8k at most on vast majority of builds is a problem by itself.

In fact, in many scenarios bow burst needs buffs, not nerfs - which you can find out by actually playing a bow build and trying to do something challenging with it (like 1vX or even 1v1 duels).

It's not the "walk in the park" advertised by people who have never played a bow build.
    Edited by DDuke on August 29, 2018 5:03PM
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's an issue when a single target ability can do ultimate ability damage. Cast from stealth... and by use of stealth or shadowy disguise always crit.

The attack from stealth buggy stun problem is the alternate issue.

But, other than outliers (very low cp players in 7 light armor in CP campaign) it's not one shotting people. It mostly doesn't even two shot people either... It does less damage (by base tooltip) than dizzying swing does, which is spammed relentlessly.

It allows glass cannon builds to act as a mobile siege unit that is invisible. Is it a problem? perhaps.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's an issue when a single target ability can do ultimate ability damage. Cast from stealth... and by use of stealth or shadowy disguise always crit.

The attack from stealth buggy stun problem is the alternate issue.

But, other than outliers (very low cp players in 7 light armor in CP campaign) it's not one shotting people. It mostly doesn't even two shot people either... It does less damage (by base tooltip) than dizzying swing does, which is spammed relentlessly.

It allows glass cannon builds to act as a mobile siege unit that is invisible. Is it a problem? perhaps.

The alternate issue is so prevalent, so common, so game breaking, that it's the most important. The desync, the lack of animation, bug is the issue. The ability could do as little as 2k damage, but as long as these bugs exist it will kill anyone
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

Was fighting outnumbered at Faregyl last night when my character stopped moving and my health just disappeared. Got hit with 4 lethal arrows with zero warning or ability to react.

PS - I am not accusing the player of cheating at all BTW. I am just say that PVP on console has its share of issues.

PPS - A little later that night this happened to a teammate.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/spades-ll/video/59418267

Gotta love this game!
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fury
    Curse
    Flame Reach
    Incap
    DBOS
    Spin2Win
    POTL/Purifying Light
    Jbeam

...all of these are more dangerous to someone who is outnumbered than Snipe can ever be, and that's just a list of offensive abilities (things like healbots spamming Honor the Dead/Healing Ward on people you try to kill can be much more devastating).

I get the complaints about bugs & desyncs (I've had those happen to me as well) but let's not pretend someone using a dodgeable/blockable cast time ability that hits maybe 8k at most on vast majority of builds is a problem by itself.

In fact, in many scenarios bow burst needs buffs, not nerfs - which you can find out by actually playing a bow build and trying to do something challenging with it (like 1vX or even 1v1 duels).

It's not the "walk in the park" advertised by people who have never played a bow build.

Most of those abilities aren't anywhere close to snipe in Xv1 ability. Incap and dbos are both ultimates and can't be spammed, flame reach can only CC every 7 seconds and does minimum damage I will often take a CC from flame reach so I can't be hard CC'd from a stronger CC. Jesus beam only does real damage when in execute range. As for curse and fury they are pretty bad as well and that's the reason why you see so many sorcs and snipers in cyrodiil. Players just like to use Xv1 abilities.

Healbots are bad as well and I've had multiple comments on these forums on how to fix it. So if you play a Magicka character with only one damage shield what are you suppose to do when you have a sniper hitting you with 10k Snipes taking down your whole damage shield while you fight one or two other players than as soon as you decide to focus the sniper he runs away and then start spamming snipe as soon as you go back to fighting the other players.

The thing about snipe is it's impossible to win with it 1v1 unless the player your are fighting lags out. there is no reason you can't remove snipe and give bow a real spammable with damage similar to force pulse. But a move that's only useful in Xv1 situations is horrible game design. Bow builds are a walk in the park for zerging people down and are completely useless at anything else. No one is going to get hit from 30 meters away with a projectile with a cast time unless they lag out.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Fury
    Curse
    Flame Reach
    Incap
    DBOS
    Spin2Win
    POTL/Purifying Light
    Jbeam

Most of those abilities aren't anywhere close to snipe in Xv1 ability. Incap and dbos are both ultimates and can't be spammed, flame reach can only CC every 7 seconds and does minimum damage I will often take a CC from flame reach so I can't be hard CC'd from a stronger CC. Jesus beam only does real damage when in execute range. As for curse and fury they are pretty bad as well and that's the reason why you see so many sorcs and snipers in cyrodiil. Players just like to use Xv1 abilities.

Based on my experiences Flame Reach is probably the most disrupting ability in the game. Sure, it might not get you killed as often as other abilities, but it sure as hell lands every.single.%¤&&.time when you're about to get a kill on someone and then they heal/shield up. And not getting kills=getting outpressured=running out of resources=death.

DBOS & Incap on the other hand might be less annoying than snipe (mostly because they can't be spammed as often), but with easy 10k+ crits & stronger debuffs they're far more likely to change the outcome of a fight in a split second than some 8k snipe and people who used those abilities are actually in a position where they can finish you off (bow has no real execute).
    Healbots are bad as well and I've had multiple comments on these forums on how to fix it. So if you play a Magicka character with only one damage shield what are you suppose to do when you have a sniper hitting you with 10k Snipes taking down your whole damage shield while you fight one or two other players than as soon as you decide to focus the sniper he runs away and then start spamming snipe as soon as you go back to fighting the other players.

Oh, there's several things you can do (depending on your class):
    1. Slot gap closer, kill sniper.
    2. Dodge more and get a bigger shield (10k snipe would mean 20k tooltip snipe in noCP btw which is impossible - or pretty much no defensive CPs on your character in CP where 20k+ tooltip snipe is a thing). Good thing about dodging in particular: it also lets you avoid attacks from those other players you're fighting.
    3. Find LOS.
    4. Reflective Plate should be on your bar if mDK.
    The thing about snipe is it's impossible to win with it 1v1 unless the player your are fighting lags out. there is no reason you can't remove snipe and give bow a real spammable with damage similar to force pulse. But a move that's only useful in Xv1 situations is horrible game design. Bow builds are a walk in the park for zerging people down and are completely useless at anything else. No one is going to get hit from 30 meters away with a projectile with a cast time unless they lag out.

It's not impossible to win a 1v1 with bow build (atleast as stamblade) - far from it. I've gotten some juicy hate whispers from people who try to kill me and then get melted by the Ballista I drop while I Bombard+Lethal Arrow them to death.

Other stamina builds are also very easy to deal with when you have enough sustain to dodge roll their attacks while dealing undodgeable damage to them with Bombard. Vs spin2win you lose though, especially if DBOS'd (so better not fall into melee range).

That said, I do agree that it'd be preferable if bow had a "real spammable" - I'd like to see Snipe & Rapid Fire swap places (and I've been saying this for a long time). That+proper range for Scatter Shot and bow would be in a decent, more balanced place.
    Edited by DDuke on August 29, 2018 6:23PM
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about channeled abilities will put you out of stealth in general?
    PC EU - DC only
  • electromagnets
    electromagnets
    ✭✭✭
    [

afaik it’s not considered naming and shaming to link a YouTube video...