The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Snipe Gank Build

regime211
regime211
✭✭✭✭✭
So there's a new snipe gank build going around, where people are being 1 shot, and before anyone says " if you're a good player, you wouldn't be sniped" let's not forget 1. The range in snipe and 2. If your in the midst of battle you wont see It coming.
Edited by regime211 on August 26, 2018 4:30PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or ya know, the health desync and animation bugs, so it's not like anyone can respond pre-death
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or ya know, the health desync and animation bugs, so it's not like anyone can respond pre-death

It's running rampant in pvp now, although I still try and enjoy playing, but honestly everyone is now jumping on the gank snipe builds.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »

It's running rampant in pvp now, although I still try and enjoy playing, but honestly everyone is now jumping on the gank snipe builds.

Because it's stupid, being going on for like a year and @ZOS_GinaBruno or ANYBODY refuses to even @#$&ing acknowledge
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So there's a new snipe gang build going around, where people are being 1 shot, and before anyone says " if you're a good player, you wouldn't be sniped" let's not forget 1. The range in snipe and 2. If your in the midst of battle you wont see It coming.

The real plague of cyrodiil. I pm'd one of these guys. He said it's not rare for him to get 20k snipes.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    So there's a new snipe gang build going around, where people are being 1 shot, and before anyone says " if you're a good player, you wouldn't be sniped" let's not forget 1. The range in snipe and 2. If your in the midst of battle you wont see It coming.

The real plague of cyrodiil. I pm'd one of these guys. He said it's not rare for him to get 20k snipes.

Smh
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol i did this the other day for fun. Haven't used snipe in probably 2 years. Did spriggans/ hawk eye. It's dumb how broken it is, especially on a night blade with shade and cloak. If the bank doesn't work, you can bet i got away
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4YfUDbq.jpg

Couldn't post the entire conversion because of name and shame rules.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I save my soul assault for snipe spammers.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    4YfUDbq.jpg

Couldn't post the entire conversion because of name and shame rules.

Those aren't typical though. Ive got 18k snipe on a below 160 cp. 750s vs good players it's more like 8-12k
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    The best way to use a dedicated snipe build isn't to gank, it's to defend a keep from the castle walls. Sure, you can't take out a whole raid this way, but you can definitely make a bunch of players get off their siege or hesitate to approach a breach when they're being hammered by powerful snipes. I have a build that I keep loaded up in Dressing Room for this purpose, not to gank unsuspecting riders.
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aztlan wrote: »
    The best way to use a dedicated snipe build isn't to gank, it's to defend a keep from the castle walls. Sure, you can't take out a whole raid this way, but you can definitely make a bunch of players get off their siege or hesitate to approach a breach when they're being hammered by powerful snipes. I have a build that I keep loaded up in Dressing Room for this purpose, not to gank unsuspecting riders.

I think damage wise the best set combo is marksman + spriggans? But what trait and glyphe are good on bow especially in a non-gank setup, nirnhoned + berserker?
    PC EU - DC only
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChefZero wrote: »

I think damage wise the best set combo is marksman + spriggans? But what trait and glyphe are good on bow especially in a non-gank setup, nirnhoned + berserker?

I think hawks eye gave me more damage. The 2 max stam vs the 2 stam regen is why from what i was thinking. Might be different on a different race that doesn't benefit from max stam like wood elves do tho. I actually still hit pretty hard with that build too, wasn't afraid of close combat.
    Edited by Brutusmax1mus on August 26, 2018 6:26PM
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    No guys. Night Mother's Gaze / Marksman or Spriggans / Kena, Veli.
    Edited by Aztlan on August 26, 2018 8:09PM
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "New"?

Though since you mention range you're probably not referring to Asylum Bow builds (which are limited to 20m for their 20k~ burst combo).

Regular snipe builds have their total burst limited to 13-14k (Snipes being 8-9k~ dmg on average) on most targets & pretty much the only way they kill a good player is with a desync or an exploit as they lack any follow up after the target CC breaks the 13-14k dmg & simply dodge rolls/blocks & shields up.
    Edited by DDuke on August 26, 2018 8:17PM
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So there's a new snipe gank build going around, where people are being 1 shot, and before anyone says " if you're a good player, you wouldn't be sniped" let's not forget 1. The range in snipe and 2. If your in the midst of battle you wont see It coming.

It shouldn't be mathematically possible.

But you should clarify a couple things... No CP or CP? Armor type (~physical resist)? Critical resist? Lethal arrow or Focused Aim?

Going full glass cannon alone shouldn't get the tooltip high enough to remotely one shot anyone.

*shouldn't* being the key word.

There have been some changes though since summerset. Weapon damage can be buffed to crazy levels (consider the new monster helm on top of that). W/infused jewelry as well.

Lastly, I've noticed that I've started one shot critting mobs again, from behind and stealthed/shadowy disguised. I thought that was eliminated (the stealth bonus to damage), but I saw a 36k surprise attack crit yesterday and I haven't seen those since the change was made to stealth bonus damage. That's not on a max damage build btw, and I can't reasonably explain it. I did have channeled acceleration up (which I rarely do), but that's just 10% critical.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vicecanon, Spriggan, 2x monster pieces with mag regen.
    Works fine :D
    Edited by SilverWF on August 26, 2018 11:43PM
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guessing you're not talking about snipespam or asylum snipe, perhaps the snipe-ambush-2h ult/incap combo?

Noticed some nasty gankers using that xD
    EU | PC
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It shouldn't be mathematically possible.

But you should clarify a couple things... No CP or CP? Armor type (~physical resist)? Critical resist? Lethal arrow or Focused Aim?

Going full glass cannon alone shouldn't get the tooltip high enough to remotely one shot anyone.

*shouldn't* being the key word.

There have been some changes though since summerset. Weapon damage can be buffed to crazy levels (consider the new monster helm on top of that). W/infused jewelry as well.

Lastly, I've noticed that I've started one shot critting mobs again, from behind and stealthed/shadowy disguised. I thought that was eliminated (the stealth bonus to damage), but I saw a 36k surprise attack crit yesterday and I haven't seen those since the change was made to stealth bonus damage. That's not on a max damage build btw, and I can't reasonably explain it. I did have channeled acceleration up (which I rarely do), but that's just 10% critical.

I thought the only thing removed was having to hit the back of an opponent while stealthed etc

I really haven't paid much attention to it though
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just did a quick test.

With surprise attack + stealth + shadowy disguise 40k damage.

With dizzying swing + stealth + shadowy disguise 60k damage.

Those are way out of whack for 13k and 9k tooltips. Only seems to be on physical damage.

It's not from behind, best I can tell. As long as I'm not seen physical damage abilities are getting the old stealth bonus. It doesn't seem to work on lethal arrow (I'm not respeccing to test things).

I thought that stealthed (eye closed) bonus damage was removed entirely, and I haven't seen in a long while. Might be the issue OP is talking about with focused aim.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just did a quick test.

Those are way out of whack for 13k and 9k tooltips. Only seems to be on physical damage.

It's not from behind, best I can tell. As long as I'm not seen physical damage abilities are getting the old stealth bonus. It doesn't seem to work on lethal arrow (I'm not respeccing to test things).

I thought that stealthed (eye closed) bonus damage was removed entirely, and I haven't seen in a long while. Might be the issue OP is talking about with focused aim.

Stealth damage was removed only from PvP (nerfed a couple of times between 2014-2016 & then finally removed entirely in Morrowind update) - it has always worked in PvE afaik.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Just did a quick test.

Stealth damage was removed only from PvP (nerfed a couple of times between 2014-2016 & then finally removed entirely in Morrowind update) - it has always worked in PvE afaik.

It doesn't do that damage with non-physical damage abilities.

They have changed so many things I don't even know what's supposed to "be" anymore, to tell you the truth.

Back in the no champion points cap day I used to farm Daedroth in Bangkorai and I could one shot them from behind. Then they changed how much damage it did.

This isn't from behind, it's as long as I'm unseen (eye closed) and it's not like I run through pve stuff very often.

Like I said... it ought not be mathematically possible to one shot people in cyro. I don't see how you get to that big a tooltip regardless of gear and +crit.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just did a quick test.

They have changed so many things I don't even know what's supposed to "be" anymore, to tell you the truth.

Back in the no champion points cap day I used to farm Daedroth in Bangkorai and I could one shot them from behind. Then they changed how much damage it did.

This isn't from behind, it's as long as I'm unseen (eye closed) and it's not like I run through pve stuff very often.

Like I said... it ought not be mathematically possible to one shot people in cyro. I don't see how you get to that big a tooltip regardless of gear and +crit.

Yeah, non-physical damage abilities never had the stealth damage modifier. They still don't get the guaranteed crit/stun from stealth if you hit someone with them from behind.

Also...
    hzC7rCK.jpg

...that's of course a naked person with no CPs, but still :P
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe gankers are one of the things I wish did not exist.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just did a quick test.

Yeah, non-physical damage abilities never had the stealth damage modifier. They still don't get the guaranteed crit/stun from stealth if you hit someone with them from behind.

Also...
    hzC7rCK.jpg

wait how though? shadowy disguise is supposed to garauntee a crit on the next ability you use...

unless you're talking purely non-cloak.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »
    Just did a quick test.

Also...
    hzC7rCK.jpg

wait how though? shadowy disguise is supposed to garauntee a crit on the next ability you use...

Non-cloak, yes.

Shadowy Disguise also only ever gave the guaranteed crit mentioned in the tooltip, not the other sneak (sorry, should've used this word instead) attack modifiers, i.e. stun & more damage (latter of which only works in PvE these days).
    Edited by DDuke on August 27, 2018 4:21PM
  • PapaWeeb
    PapaWeeb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try twice born star + marksman/spriggans. Full divines, weapon damage + pen or weapon damage + stam for shielded enemies
    PC EU
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »
    Just did a quick test.

Also...
    hzC7rCK.jpg

Non-cloak, yes.

Shadowy Disguise also only ever gave the guaranteed crit mentioned in the tooltip, not the other sneak (sorry, should've used this word instead) attack modifiers, i.e. stun & more damage (latter of which only works in PvE these days).

Yeah the sneak crit modifier is something entirely different.

Hence a 13k tooltip being able to do 60k damage. It used to do even more (enough to one shot an elite mob).

It's additional damage on top of the critical. 3x base damage or so.

13k+60% critical=21k. 13kx3=39k. 21k+39k=60k

Was turned off in pvp (it had a lower modifier in pvp anyways).

I thought it had been turned off entirely, was wondering if it was back on for physical... but turns out it was likely never turned off.

• Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think snipe should be the bow ult and rapid fire should be the skill spammable, with numbers adjusted according, but some would probably disagree lol
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me rephrase what I mean, there is a gank build that will basically 1 shot you, and that person can kill multiple people in a few seconds, just look it up on youtube.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChefZero wrote: »

Just YouTube It, the build is so simple and you would be surprised.