The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

DK Fossilize, the next cc that needs to Die

• KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    Issue with rune cage vs fossilize, is that rune cage could be used from far away and the sorcs had a stronger burst set up.

however, I think fossilize is a problem because IT DOUBLE CC's at a relatively low resource cost, so it pressures magicka opponents, and hinders stamina users by a lot.

I don't think such a cheap skill, unblockable, instant cast, undodgeable, should apply two diffent types of CC.

In PvP no-cp, you basically force your opponent to spend almost 9k stamina, this is A LOT OF STAMINA.
    if mag dks want to immobilize people also, they should be consuming resources to use talons or another type of immobilize in my opinion.

fossilize is a very brain dead mechanic, and I hope they at least remove the immobilize from it. I personally feel sad for stam dks as it would hit them harder, but the class itself just need some rework.

fossilize is really not fair as it works, specially with other classes having little to no access to easy ccs like that.

Removing the root like you said would mean they’d have to add more mechanic to that morph. Shattering rocks sets off balance aoe if I remember right. And fossilize adds the root to it. Take the root and give nothing back so it’s a wasted skill point?
    You guys can call for nerfs but if fossilize is nerfed to dirt and rune cage is down for the count, I’ll just run 10k stam because I can now manage my stam with my feet lol.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just avoid dks. Between wings and Fossil they are msorc Kryptonite. It boils down to resources. They will out sustain every time. They can bash channeled attacks. So all you really have us pulse and curse.

And should I gimp myself into a build that may have a chance of beating one at the cost of other more affective abilities? No...

And to the person that says they have no burst...please...10k flights with a stun...

Alot of people say play DK then comment. Well since I very rarely beat the class i challenge you to make a Msorc and face a DK of equal ability.

Channeled attack? You mean you use Crystal Blast? No wonder you get bashed by EVERYONE. Not just DKs. Bashing is not DK exclusive ability. Before anything, you will need to sort your skill bar out and maybe your build in general. To my knowledge, only interruptable 'channeled attack' Sorcs have is hard cast Frag and Blast. This is, before anything, a l2p issue.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anethum wrote: »
    Perhaps someday people will realize that asking for nerfs are self-defeating because whoever gets nerfed is going to ask everyone else gets nerfed and the end result is we're all playing overnerfed classes.

as usual people ask for adjusting something, which often is about nerf overpowered things.
    and it's a healthy process when this is real feedback from experienced and competent player

Read the bolded part and think about why forums are a mess and we have class reps instead to do the feedback gathering.

Except, they don't seem to listen to even class rep feedbacks.
    That is a logical fallacy. Just because they didn't implemented/changed that one thing, doesn't mean they aren't listening. You don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

• Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    I just avoid dks. Between wings and Fossil they are msorc Kryptonite. It boils down to resources. They will out sustain every time. They can bash channeled attacks. So all you really have us pulse and curse.

And should I gimp myself into a build that may have a chance of beating one at the cost of other more affective abilities? No...

And to the person that says they have no burst...please...10k flights with a stun...

Alot of people say play DK then comment. Well since I very rarely beat the class i challenge you to make a Msorc and face a DK of equal ability.

Channeled attack? You mean you use Crystal Blast? No wonder you get bashed by EVERYONE. Not just DKs. Bashing is not DK exclusive ability. Before anything, you will need to sort your skill bar out and maybe your build in general. To my knowledge, only interruptable 'channeled attack' Sorcs have is hard cast Frag and Blast. This is, before anything, a l2p issue.

Nice cherry pick bro. Actually someone mentioned channeling lightening heavies as a viable way to kill a dk.... (not I) in fact I didnt mention I specced it at all.

The point was ad Ill spell it out for you....Channeled attacks and a couple of other abilities are the only attacks that will go through wings. And your dead right.. they are easy to counter making it more of a farse. Maybe now go back and answer the other 90% of my post and have a crack at retorting with something useful...
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    Perhaps someday people will realize that asking for nerfs are self-defeating because whoever gets nerfed is going to ask everyone else gets nerfed and the end result is we're all playing overnerfed classes.

as usual people ask for adjusting something, which often is about nerf overpowered things.
    and it's a healthy process when this is real feedback from experienced and competent player

Read the bolded part and think about why forums are a mess and we have class reps instead to do the feedback gathering.

That is a logical fallacy. Just because they didn't implemented/changed that one thing, doesn't mean they aren't listening. You don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

Well, prove to me that they do anything else other than PR stunt with minor QoL fixes please. Otherwise, I will remain skeptical as some major issues are never addressed within a year. Like that one issue where they noticed what... 2~3 years after?

Nice cherry pick bro. Actually someone mentioned channeling lightening heavies as a viable way to kill a dk.... (not I) in fact I didnt mention I specced it at all.

The point was ad Ill spell it out for you....Channeled attacks and a couple of other abilities are the only attacks that will go through wings. And your dead right.. they are easy to counter making it more of a farse. Maybe now go back and answer the other 90% of my post and have a crack at retorting with something useful...

I don't know man, never have I been interrupted in my heavy attacks that require channeling other than hard CCs which theoretically every class has access to (yes, even Rune Cage when the opponents are not dodging). So, that leaves your channeled attack option as Crystal Blast. But, apologies for hasty conclusions. DKs wings are a joke. The only time I was actually afraid of their wings were when I was a complete potato hurling things their way before IC dropped. It is ridiculously easy to burn DKs down at range nowadays.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on August 24, 2018 6:56AM
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it needs nerfing but it is 100% bugged on PS4 - 9 times out of 10 you cannot 'break free' from it even if your're a stam class with full stam.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well, prove to me that they do anything else other than PR stunt with minor QoL fixes please. Otherwise, I will remain skeptical as some major issues are never addressed within a year. Like that one issue where they noticed what... 2~3 years after?
    Burden of proof lies with you, since you are the one who states "they don't listen to class reps" as a fact. Being sceptical is entirely something else, and there is nothing wrong with that. I am very sceptical too of how much they value the connection with the community. But from what I can see on the forums and ESO live, they are really trying to work with the class reps. And again, that they don't immediately change things based on class rep feedback doesn't mean they aren't listening. For me, the defile and snare nerf is enough to regain at least some faith.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Burden of proof lies with you, since you are the one who states "they don't listen to class reps" as a fact. Being sceptical is entirely something else, and there is nothing wrong with that. I am very sceptical too of how much they value the connection with the community. But from what I can see on the forums and ESO live, they are really trying to work with the class reps. And again, that they don't immediately change things based on class rep feedback doesn't mean they aren't listening. For me, the defile and snare nerf is enough to regain at least some faith.

You are the one to state the otherwise and it is always those who state the otherwise to anyone's opinion or statement that has the burden of proof. They clearly are doing only minor QoL and to be frank, some of them never even seen people ask before. Really? Healing is useless because of shields?
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on August 24, 2018 9:24AM
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You are the one to state the otherwise and it is always those who state the otherwise to anyone's opinion or statement that has the burden of proof. They clearly are doing only minor QoL and to be frank, some of them never even seen people ask before. Really? Healing is useless because of shields?
    Lol that is not how it works. You are not stating something that has been approved of yet or is considered to be true. Hence you are the one that makes the claim against ZOS and thus have the burden of proof. You think ZOS doesn't listen to class reps. You prove it. The burden of proof would only be on me if ZOS admitted they didn't listen, and I would claim otherwise.

Either way you are making assumptions based on anecdotal evidence and gut feeling. Doesn't even come close to a fact.

What is true though, is that ZOS has trouble filtering information from the forums. They admitted so, and thus have initiated the class reps programme. They will bring information to them in a digestible format. Give it some time before spouting judgements.
    Edited by Koensol on August 24, 2018 9:45AM
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inviting all nightblades. All NBs there is another anti NB skill that challenge you. All NBS come here. We need your valuable feedback.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on August 24, 2018 1:25PM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Inviting all nightblades. All NBs there is another anti NB skill that challenge you. All NBS come here. We need your valuable feedback.

Come on, quit already pls.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone in this forum knows by now you are a clueless clown. I swear you give Dwemer Paleologist a run for his money in terms of thickheadness.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The defile and snare Nerf make me think they're listening to the wrong people
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You thought it was balanced to have 100% uptime on defile + befoul through reverb spam?
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The defile/snare nerf was a band aid fix.
    Defiles and snares have their places. That place unfortunately was everywhere before. Defiles are a little too overwhelming even still, and snares are polarising. They need to be made weaker, but multiplicative to tackle the faster builds better. They need to be unremovable, only reducible.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The people that actually gave goodback and cared about the game mostly left this place. I feel like the class reps are very good at their job, but the combat team are all nightblade fans so it doesn't even matter in the end. So as a result we have this joke of a thread because zenimax allowed sorcs to become an easy mode class with rune cage buffs, people complained after that happened, the cheese got nerfed and as a result they are now crying about it, asking for nerfs to other classes.

This is how the buff/nerf cycle goes in this game. Don't be suprised if you see a fossilize nerf next patch because thats exactly how dumb nerfs happen in this game.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on August 24, 2018 6:28PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You thought it was balanced to have 100% uptime on defile + befoul through reverb spam?

Still can have 100% up time. Just sayin.

I also think Cyrodiil is so .... It's not a place where balance exists.

So in BGs, (no CP) yeah I think it was balanced.

It was only Befoul that was not balanced. But ZoS went above and beyond the actual issue like always.

Edit: and snares, lol, mobility is so important to PvP, nerfing snares essentially was just a buff to pro players
    Edited by Waffennacht on August 24, 2018 8:18PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭

I don't know man, never have I been interrupted in my heavy attacks that require channeling other than hard CCs which theoretically every class has access to (yes, even Rune Cage when the opponents are not dodging). So, that leaves your channeled attack option as Crystal Blast. But, apologies for hasty conclusions. DKs wings are a joke. The only time I was actually afraid of their wings were when I was a complete potato hurling things their way before IC dropped. It is ridiculously easy to burn DKs down at range nowadays.

All good. Im well aware of the short falls of cast time frags (not to certain its actually a channeled ability) but well aware none the less.

Your damage is gimped with wings. you cant la weave them/ cant use reach. Insta cast frags are more than viable in pvp but again, a waisted slot against a dk.

So you are left with what? Curse and pulse? What are you doing that i am not? Perfect timing with ulti plus cc (easly dodged and blocked)? Cause any half decent dk will laugh at that damage.

Not to mention you aint at range long if that dk actually pressures you then you are on the defensive and doing even less damage (again cant la weave between defensives).

Streak becomes resource intensive. Breaking and rolling fossil will burn a good thump of your stam this happens twice and its gg.

Then...when you are out/ pot on cd you have heavies left for resource gain and at this point being laughed at lol....and yes i play against pvp players that actually interupt stuff...not potatoes.

But i may be missing something and a complete noob too. So I would love some help with taking them down. Also i mainly play BGs so my experience is wi th no cp.

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

All good. Im well aware of the short falls of cast time frags (not to certain its actually a channeled ability) but well aware none the less.

Your damage is gimped with wings. you cant la weave them/ cant use reach. Insta cast frags are more than viable in pvp but again, a waisted slot against a dk.

So you are left with what? Curse and pulse? What are you doing that i am not? Perfect timing with ulti plus cc (easly dodged and blocked)? Cause any half decent dk will laugh at that damage.

Not to mention you aint at range long if that dk actually pressures you then you are on the defensive and doing even less damage (again cant la weave between defensives).

Streak becomes resource intensive. Breaking and rolling fossil will burn a good thump of your stam this happens twice and its gg.

Then...when you are out/ pot on cd you have heavies left for resource gain and at this point being laughed at lol....and yes i play against pvp players that actually interupt stuff...not potatoes.

But i may be missing something and a complete noob too. So I would love some help with taking them down. Also i mainly play BGs so my experience is wi th no cp.

Wings in a 1v1 is a hard counter. It sucks in that regard. But you know what else is very nearly as hard. Harness. Use it and let all a (Mag)DKs attacks feed your defense. Got mines? Use them. You can't kill them, they can't kill you.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s sad is I’m not even playing my dk as I find it easier to game on a different class still. With that being said if you are asking for the dk to get nerfed yet again by messing with fossilize how about you give DKs speed, damage increases and reduce the cost of skills. I mean do these people asking for nerfs on DK even play a dk? Like ever played it? If I die to a dk player I’m like saluting him/her and saying “good job”. Good job for playing a class that has been abused by ZOS so badly and yet you logged in to the game, selected that dk toon out of every thing else and managed to kill another player and didn’t get a brain hemorrhage. Mad props to dk players. Me though. Still keeping mine shelved. Still trying to recover from the brain trauma ZOS gave me.
    Edited by DUTCH_REAPER on August 25, 2018 12:17AM
  • Eclipse0990
    Eclipse0990
    ✭✭✭
    Following is my opinion here. I don't represent any class or player category.
    I've played both MSorc and MDk in pvp post wolfhunter. Rune did become a bit meh. However, I did not have any issues killing mDKs 1v1. Maybe because I play one so I know what not to do against a mDK? All you need to do is keep pressure up on them and they do run out of resources before they can (re)use ultimate.
    If a sorc is dumb enough to come in melee range of DK, he deserves to die. Yes, DK has chains. But they are highly unreliable compared to streak as the former needs a target.
    Dragonknights are a melee based class by admission of a lot of players here. It makes sense to have a skill that keeps enemies in melee range for a while longer than other classes. Or have enemies to drain resources when they want to escape. Its like sorcerer's streak which ensures they enjoy a ranged playstyle (with attacks that can bypass reflect).
    So if you ask fossilize nerf, I ask for nerfing both streak range as well as the expedition buff from boundless storm. That in my view, balances the classes.
    Raid leader for Undead Nuns (DC-EU-KaalWhaterveritscallednowdays)
  • Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    Well since you guys killed the rune cage, then its time to kill fossilize also

this skill requires two skills to counter, no other skill do that

time to nerf this also

They nerft the skill when they change runecage for 2 patches or so.
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Fossilise is so OP then why am I using shattering rocks instead? Heh

I can achieve the same thing fossilise can if I'm using talons. Root *person rolls* follow up with Shattering rocks, *must cc break* And I get meaty heal in return normally.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ellahellabella I completely agree with you. I don't use fossilize either but it seems there are a couple (2) folks around here that have died to dk's so much that they feel it can't be anything other than our "OP" class. dk hasn't felt OP since 2014 :| go figure.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

time to nerf this also

No.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I making this thread, since it a true comparing with the two skills

Rune cage 2sec stun, easy you break free and take no damage from it
    Fossilize, you break free so you can use skills, but you still rooted, and have to use another counter to get away

that means, in rune cage you need only to use 1 counter, that requires stamina
    in Fossilze, you need to use either 2 counters that requires stamnia, break free + roll dodge, or 2 counters that requires stamnia and magicka,

that means as a DK, I have way more time to destroy you, while you using lots of resourses, and might even be empty after fossilize so I can just end you

Lol false.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »

real feedback from experienced and competent player

Strictly playing Devil's Advocate here, but how do you quantify what is "real" feedback from "experienced" and "competent" players? I'm sure most ESO players consider themselves as such.

with time, statistics, proofs.
    that person should play at all classes (and be familiar with them in both pve and pvp) if he want to talk about balance and what need to be changed for each class to get this balance in pve and pvp.
    he should be objective, not defending any class more than others, he should operate numbers, not slogans.
    LIke GIlliamtherogue for example
    And he should to know what is Danning-Kruger effect to be enouch self-critical.
    And, that person should do this because he's fun of game without tryings of self-affirmation before others in every way he find
    not so hard but delicate process

So basically an A.I program
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • damtotb16_ESO
    damtotb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

time to nerf this also

I am sure you never played DK in your life and most likely due to lack of skills
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    kikkehs wrote: »
    also, for DKs screaming that Fossilize is a melee skill, and has too be used in melee.

WELL! The ENTIRE DK class in designed around melee. You have chains that can bring YOU too the sorc, or the sorc too you. You have the most relient and spammable roots in the game. You are kings of stand your ground PvP fighting WITH the most broken CC in the game.

But dont worry!

DKs are the worst players in this game, so they wont know what they even have before it's gone.

You entitled lil sorc.
    You have ranged execute that deal aoe damage
    You still have ultra ranged stun that u and ur kind spam in Xv1 situations
    You have shields like no other class
    You have passive execute called implosion.
    Please stop crying when devs buff u

And yet one DK skill counters entire magSorc class.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »
    Enslaved wrote: »
    kikkehs wrote: »
    also, for DKs screaming that Fossilize is a melee skill, and has too be used in melee.

WELL! The ENTIRE DK class in designed around melee. You have chains that can bring YOU too the sorc, or the sorc too you. You have the most relient and spammable roots in the game. You are kings of stand your ground PvP fighting WITH the most broken CC in the game.

But dont worry!

DKs are the worst players in this game, so they wont know what they even have before it's gone.

You entitled lil sorc.
    You have ranged execute that deal aoe damage
    You still have ultra ranged stun that u and ur kind spam in Xv1 situations
    You have shields like no other class
    You have passive execute called implosion.
    Please stop crying when devs buff u

And yet one DK skill counters entire one magSorc class Ability.

Fixed it for you. Boohoo you can't cast a frag within 4 seconds of a skill that costs almost 4k magicka. I die to good sorcs all the time because they time their burst correctly. Not that hard.

Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
This discussion has been closed.