The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magplar PvP

• UltimateBias
    Why do you even need to take nbs out of stealth? What's the big deal? If they aren't going to fight then just ignore them. Same as when a sorc just streaks when breathed on. Instead of chasing him down just be on your way.

Magelight and ritual of retribution are both bad choices in my opinion especially if you are double barring magelight. Also extended ritual might be the best skill in the game. It would be a crime to use the other morph.

Why are you under the impression that nbs only cloak to run away ?.

Retribution isn’t a bad pick, it just comes with a cost but a cost anyone that can function without purge can deal with. If purge is a necessity for a player then yeah it’s a bad choice. Although it should be more of a bonus.

Precisely.

I am used of fighting with debuffs/negative effects lined across my screen and I am able to endure.

As a result I'll take Retributions stronger Heals and AoE damage all day long.

In your case it’s because you run tanky setups. Retribution shines more on dps/glass setups, especially ones running skoria and dots.

In open world I don’t think either morph is life or death based on how I play. I’m typically outnumbered in there, bombarded with debuffs and spamming purge is costly, especially if you don’t purge what you need to.

In bgs fights don’t really last long so is hard to tell what’s the better morph.

Anyways, overall I’d recommend extended to the average player, the same way I’d recommend more tanky setups. Certain setups require more experience to pull off.

Well said.
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you even need to take nbs out of stealth? What's the big deal? If they aren't going to fight then just ignore them. Same as when a sorc just streaks when breathed on. Instead of chasing him down just be on your way.

Magelight and ritual of retribution are both bad choices in my opinion especially if you are double barring magelight. Also extended ritual might be the best skill in the game. It would be a crime to use the other morph.

If I know ones around, I prefer to deal with it. Especially when they like to snipe spam you in the back while you're fighting someone else. I could be mid fight with just about anything; and I'm going to break off and go after the NB that shows up.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

If I know ones around, I prefer to deal with it. Especially when they like to snipe spam you in the back while you're fighting someone else. I could be mid fight with just about anything; and I'm going to break off and go after the NB that shows up.

I’ve had a lot of success keeping Nightblade out of stealth by snaring with Vampires Bane and jabbing the air in the direction they were going. Most gankers have very low survivability so you can ensure 100% uptime on snare by spamming VB whenever they’re visible and only jabbing once they cloak.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on December 14, 2018 7:28PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve had a lot of success keeping Nightblade out of stealth by snaring with Vampires Bane and jabbing the air in the direction they were going. Most gankers have very low survivability so you can ensure 100% uptime on snare by spamming VB whenever they’re visible and only jabbing once they cloak.

purfying light and unstable core pop them out as well.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

That’s true, and it’s good for pressuring their mana pool. But I’ve played quite a bit of stamblade and sorc curse/PL/etc is pretty easy to counterplay since you know extactly when you need to hold a GCD to recloak the moment you get popped out.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on December 15, 2018 12:13AM
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s true, and it’s good for pressuring their mana pool. But I’ve played quite a bit of stamblade and sorc curse/PL/etc is pretty easy to counterplay since you know extactly when you need to hold a GCD to recloak the moment you get popped out.

That seemed to be the issue in the video - Most of the nightblades that were fought were ~Tyro freshies who didn't hold abilities or get things right and most of them didn't even bother with basics, like healing - On most Magplar builds they'd be dead long before we'd need to pull them out of stealth.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was it anything like this video of me trying to fight a nightblade while in my ball-healer build? Note that I used a detect pot.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Was it anything like this video of me trying to fight a nightblade while in my ball-healer build? Note that I used a detect pot.

That was awesome :lol:
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got NB problems? 5 storm knights plate, 5 overwhelming surge, 2 Skoria, 5/1/1 light armor with 2 protective 1 arcane, duel wield SnB, all tristat enchants and 1 spl dmg 2 recovery on jewelry. 30k mag, 30k health, 17k stamina, 2400+ spl dmg, 1600 recovery...oh and be a Vamp Lizard... enjoy feeling like the God of Thunder...
    Works in CP or No CP
    giphy.gif
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on December 17, 2018 8:32PM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of you magplar's looking to try out a new build, i'm pretty successful by myself of with another with this build https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=104310
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of you magplar's looking to try out a new build, i'm pretty successful by myself of with another with this build https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=104310

You evil SOB lol
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does SS still buff healing ritual since it's no longer a cast?
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does SS still buff healing ritual since it's no longer a cast?

Soul shine actually buffs any channeled spell including instants like Bol, just doesn’t affect dots that aren’t channeled..

Yup, OG build turnt up with a change to light armor...why not add in a willpower staff or a 2pc spl dmg set to beef up your damage out put a bit more?
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @UppGRAYxDD You can, and I did have willpower on there, I just like the lich to proc as soon as it can to keep the regen up as much as possible. Even with this load out it hurts people really bad.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @UppGRAYxDD You can, and I did have willpower on there, I just like the lich to proc as soon as it can to keep the regen up as much as possible. Even with this load out it hurts people really bad.

Worth noting on top of other comments, that unlike other builds linked on here, you've for some reason added on scroll bonuses and Major Slayer, which is pushing those stats up a bit.

Over 1000 Effective spell power gained from buffs that you cannot guarantee and one that will never exist.

Edit: Why not put Stamina enchant on your shield?
    Also, you can use another enchant front bar.
    You could probably drop unstable for an actual stun and give people no chance against the beams.

Further Edit: You could drop WMPB for better food, either more damage with Double Bloody Mara or more resources / Stam with Longfin/X Tristat. Your recovery is still 2.6k in CP with any of those other foods and your lich buff up. Couple with that the fact you're argonian means you should be all good.

Edited by BNOC on December 19, 2018 11:41AM

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BNOC

I took off the major slayer and scroll bonuses, good catch.

Also I only had magicka on the shield for more magicka, that's about it. I do run into problems with stamina and not being able to break cc so maybe trying stam on the shield wouldn't be a bad idea.

What do you mean I could use another enchant on the front bar?

And you're right about unstable, usually I will switch it up for javelin or toppling charge depending on who I am playing with.

Good points all around, I will try with some longfin pasty and see how it works our for me.
    Edited by eovogtb16_ESO on December 19, 2018 5:01PM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y would SS buff honor the dead? Im almost positive to doesn't. I remember weak ass heals in my SS wm build.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y would SS buff honor the dead? Im almost positive to doesn't. I remember weak ass heals in my SS wm build.

It doesnt. The only thing it does buff that isnt clear in the description is staff heavy attacks (like fire).
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesnt. The only thing it does buff that isnt clear in the description is staff heavy attacks (like fire).

Didn't think so, it used to buff the morphs of healing ritual when that wasnt a 7k instant aoe heal. I used it to heal my small man when i ran ss/ amberplasm back in the day. Hasty retreats massive 10m radius performed much better than springs for trains and fast movement. Huge heals.

Don't think it still gets buffed now that it's instant though.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BNOC

Also I only had magicka on the shield for more magicka, that's about it. I do run into problems with stamina and not being able to break cc so maybe trying stam on the shield wouldn't be a bad idea.

And you're right about unstable, usually I will switch it up for javelin or toppling charge depending on who I am playing with.

Good points all around, I will try with some longfin pasty and see how it works our for me.

Currently you've got SD enchant on your both front and back bar, with infused weapons back bar; this makes the one on the staff kinda pointless (as long as you can keep your back bar proccing every 5s)

As such, you could run a different enchant on your staff - Shock/Fire/Oblivion or whatever you want of more damage/whatever. Or even the other way around (But you'll lose uptime on that due to nirnhoned)

Edit: Deleted some misinformation.
    Edited by BNOC on December 20, 2018 2:27PM

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    @BNOC

Currently you've got SD enchant on your both front and back bar, with infused weapons back bar; this makes the one on the staff kinda pointless (as long as you can keep your back bar proccing every 5s)

As such, you could run a different enchant on your staff - Shock/Fire/Oblivion or whatever you want of more damage/whatever. Or even the other way around (But you'll lose uptime on that due to nirnhoned)

Also as it stands and because of ESO's ability priorities you could be overwriting your 452SD gain with your 348~ or whatever it is. I can't remember if that is the case but I'm sure it used to be -They don't prioritise the best ability iirc, just the most recent? Might be wrong on that bit though, haven't checked in ages.

Once an enchant procs (individual named enchant), it can't proc again for its cooldown period, so no over writing.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BNOC

Also as it stands and because of ESO's ability priorities you could be overwriting your 452SD gain with your 348~ or whatever it is. I can't remember if that is the case but I'm sure it used to be -They don't prioritise the best ability iirc, just the most recent? Might be wrong on that bit though, haven't checked in ages.

Once an enchant procs (individual named enchant), it can't proc again for its cooldown period, so no over writing.

I did actually know that but wasn't sure if it only applied to dual wield swords on the same bar for example! Good heads up. @Eovogtb16 you can ignore that last part, I'm chatting *** haha.

@Brutusmax1mus, do you know how it works then if he procs it on his front bar (not infused) it lasts 5s, then there's the 5s cooldown - If he then swapped bar during that CD and tried to proc it on his infused bar, would it respect the original CD timer or just reapply as normal?

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BNOC

I did actually know that but wasn't sure if it only applied to dual wield swords on the same bar for example! Good heads up. @Eovogtb16 you can ignore that last part, I'm chatting *** haha.

@Brutusmax1mus, do you know how it works then if he procs it on his front bar (not infused) it lasts 5s, then there's the 5s cooldown - If he then swapped bar during that CD and tried to proc it on his infused bar, would it respect the original CD timer or just reapply as normal?

If an enchant procs, or can proc again as soon as the cooldown from that original proc occurs. So if u have it on both bars, 1 infused, 1 nirn, and it procs on the infused bar, it can proc again on either bar in 5 seconds.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BNOC

If an enchant procs, or can proc again as soon as the cooldown from that original proc occurs. So if u have it on both bars, 1 infused, 1 nirn, and it procs on the infused bar, it can proc again on either bar in 5 seconds.

Fair do's. I figured it would respect the cooldown based on application bar but wasn't sure with double barred enchants of the same type and different CD's(Trait tied). Cheers bro.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • TheStankTank
    Keep in mind that if(when) you take Vampire to gain Elusive Mist for added mobility, you will be weak to fire. DKs will wreck you. So if you find a tanky DK don't swarm him. They tend to let everybody crowd around and then leap. Just keep your distance on those fights, or come in quick and back out just as fast.
  • TheStankTank
    xGhost91x wrote: »
    I'm coming from playing a heavy armor stam DK for almost 3 years, so I definitely FEEL squishier lol. I'm getting better at Magplars (slowly!). There's lots of great advice in here that I'm definitely going to take advantage of. What would you guys recommend for skill setups?

For me, Rune Focus (either morph). Provides defense and either additional defense and healing or Magicka recovery.

Purifying Ritual. Remove those nasty DoTs and other impairments, and a little bit of extra healing.

Those are my 2 main, uncompromising skills. When I get ganked I block cast the Rune, the Purifying Ritual, and then a quick heal. Gives me defense and puts me back to full health quickly. Then I move on the offensive.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/AsbfRUgZYnk
    Templars can't jump at :46.

Let's play a game. You guys let me know what set i should replace spinners with. Either recommend a set with a post or vote for an already mentioned set by giving that post an insightful. If you recommend a set, please explain why you chose the set, to help the magplar community with your input.
    Edited by Brutusmax1mus on December 20, 2018 9:07PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I say keep Spinners, but only run it on one bar. You can use either Willpower or a trial weapon on the other.

What set are you running it with?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I say keep Spinners, but only run it on one bar. You can use either Willpower or a trial weapon on the other.

What set are you running it with?

That's what i do, masters ice back bar, btb. Protective jewelry
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Brutusmax1mus . Here are my set recommendations:

Bloodthorn. 5pc on backbar will give you the offense/sustain you need in BGs without giving up offensive bonuses. Then use sharp will power staff with ele drain. Only because I see your stam/mag dropping but you are using a non offensive stat front bar weapon?

Keep spinners but nirn with defensive set on backbar. Trans is great for this and let's you have snb. Any defensive set really but trans helps your team.

- Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual