Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magplar PvP

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »
    Datolite wrote: »
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Never found total dark to be useful because you can just break out of it or keep it on for cc immunity. If I was pressed for a cc I’d use drain (haven’t used it in awhile it was broken before like fear) , clench or javelin. I usually just rely on dawnbreaker.

Total Dark is one of the best skills in ESO. It’s damage heals and a cc. So disruptive. Just gotta time it right and it rips people.

Exactly, it's a very timing-oriented skill. Of course a pro is gonna shake it off as soon as he sees it, but if you use it sparingly and time it so he combos himself you might win the fight right there.

Yea I changed to unstable core so i can use more defensive ultimates. Need to work on my timing and duel again without inner light (ran out of pots/mats so i needed a quick option without leaving cyro lol.)

https://youtu.be/yhiVvqszBPY

Watching that video, I could see the use for a true execute

I didn't have my crit pots, double dot poisons and no purfying light. Ran out of mats/pots :\
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    Nice fight!

Allow me to critisize a bit. But nothing offensive ofc.. In my opinion solar barrage would be a better aoe dot than the frost field. Because it's more like a in-your-face style so they can't simply walk out of it. There were times in this fight when he was super low and he just stepped out of your frost field to lower the pressure. Solar barrage would sure help you more in situations like this. It also buffs your light attacks by 60%. This coupled with staff expert cp gives quite hefty dmg bonus to ligth attack weaving. But it count as direct damage so keep that in mind.

But maybe the frost field is giving you some other bonuses(?) I'm not sure. If that's the case then dont mind me :p

Thanks! I use that from time to time.

Frost field = 10% pen dot and procs poisons plus AOE snare that can't be purged.

Just need to practice setting up that damage, and having my tools mentioned above lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: Total Dark... Does the target's cc immunity end 1 second after the skill ends (assuming it runs the full 6 sec duration without being broken free)? Or is it giving 13 total seconds of cc immunity?
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    Re: Total Dark... Does the target's cc immunity end 1 second after the skill ends (assuming it runs the full 6 sec duration without being broken free)? Or is it giving 13 total seconds of cc immunity?

The target is immune to CC while the ability is active and then the 7 second timer begins once the ability ends.

The only change is that you can no longer double-dip your CCs by throwing a javelin at someone right before TD ends (assuming they refuse to break TD), which was a niche strat anyway.

This isn't a big change, don't worry about it.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on November 22, 2018 9:12PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Never found total dark to be useful because you can just break out of it or keep it on for cc immunity. If I was pressed for a cc I’d use drain (haven’t used it in awhile it was broken before like fear) , clench or javelin. I usually just rely on dawnbreaker.

Total Dark is one of the best skills in ESO. It’s damage heals and a cc. So disruptive. Just gotta time it right and it rips people.

Exactly, it's a very timing-oriented skill. Of course a pro is gonna shake it off as soon as he sees it, but if you use it sparingly and time it so he combos himself you might win the fight right there.

Yea I changed to unstable core so i can use more defensive ultimates. Need to work on my timing and duel again without inner light (ran out of pots/mats so i needed a quick option without leaving cyro lol.)

https://youtu.be/yhiVvqszBPY

Watching that video, I could see the use for a true execute

I didn't have my crit pots, double dot poisons and no purfying light. Ran out of mats/pots :\

Lol I just mean you both would dip down to near dead for a while then just heal up. When I get low like that, I keep expecting a RD to come flying in.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »

The target is immune to CC while the ability is active and then the 7 second timer begins once the ability ends.

The only change is that you can no longer double-dip your CCs by throwing a javelin at someone right before TD ends (assuming they refuse to break TD), which was a niche strat anyway.

This isn't a big change, don't worry about it.

Not a big change for me cause I run solo/duo most of the time, but I'd be pissed if somebody was dishing out 13 seconds of cc immunity in a big zerg battle. Unnecessary nerf in my opinion.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have actually been trying ritual of retribution for a while. Its kind of nice for added pressure and heal and its funny when a NB tries to gank and you block cast it and BOL and they didnt bother to put a shadow image down so their cloak is practiaclly useless to abandon the fail gank, but I have to hit mist form and block cancel it to get the worse negative effects off. Its not worthless, but its not optimal.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what are you all running set wise this patch on your builds for BG/small group
    Edited by Syiccal on November 23, 2018 3:37PM
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »

BTB seems to be the new star of the show, and really opens up options for other sets/traits. I'm finding a lot of success with Shackle/Bloodspawn
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »

BTB seems to be the new star of the show, and really opens up options for other sets/traits. I'm finding a lot of success with Shackle/Bloodspawn

yea I'm currently using BTB/Shackle/pirate
    just have to make my mind up which skulls to use, templar is very clunky right now with jabs bug and present sweep not hitting half the time either
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=78341

Thinking about trying something like this now

Are you going to run restoring focus on there rather than channeled? I'd be concerned with stam management.

I've been running shackle and impregnable which I think I might like more than pariah with bleed builds still around. Run blood spawn also and feel pretty durable in light armor along with 1h shield block casting heals. Been debating going to skoria as I feel I'm tanky enough. If I get around to getting bright throat like that, I think it would be worth replacing shacklebreaker but then changing from channeled to restoring focus which I think is in line of where you are going with BT and a defensive set.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you going to run restoring focus on there rather than channeled? I'd be concerned with stam management.

I've been running shackle and impregnable which I think I might like more than pariah with bleed builds still around. Run blood spawn also and feel pretty durable in light armor along with 1h shield block casting heals. Been debating going to skoria as I feel I'm tanky enough. If I get around to getting bright throat like that, I think it would be worth replacing shacklebreaker but then changing from channeled to restoring focus which I think is in line of where you are going with BT and a defensive set.

Honestly you could run either i think; i'd probably try both though to see how it works.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your stats look good except the stamina. I cant play anything under 14/15k stamina but if you are comfortable with it, go for it. Though you can still achieve the similar stats with shackle and food buff and you will have better stam pool.
    Stats are missing minor sorcery, major ward and major resolve(bonus) in the buffs section so it will probably look better in live.
    Priah will be wasted vs bleed builds. I would use wizard's ripostle as it offers universal dmg reduction and still procs very often.
    Pirate skeleton with a dmg set/proc set such as owerwhelming is also a good option
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have pariah, but don't run the pariah 5piece in your healing/defensive bar, that's a bit of a problem.

I would swap out the maelstrom resto for a pariah piece, sub 2h for lightning staff and drop rapid regen for elemental drain.

Resto heavy attacks give you a lot of resources, you can probably get away with switching to the apprentice stone for more spelldam.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I use a 2H for the stam management buffs, but that's on a lizard so I get some from all potions as well. I don't think high elf can reasonably manage 11k stam unless you are running with a medium to large group with good heals. You'd probably be better off with DW heavy attacks for stam and you could run stam glyph on the off hand. And without a S&B bar or ice staff, your stam is going to get hammered if you need to block.

You can probably drop the protective traits, as Pariah will start kicking in almost immediately. Infused spell damage would be a nice damage boost.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    Priah will be wasted vs bleed builds. I would use wizard's ripostle as it offers universal dmg reduction and still procs very often.

I don't think that's a huge issue. Pariah is meant to prevent executes and magplars have an easy cleanse for bleeds. It won't help you avoid the pressure but you'll rarely die from bleeds with Extended Ritual.

And yeah protective is basically redundant on this build.
    Edited by Datolite on November 24, 2018 3:23PM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the patch to focus on offense imo.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was thinking about this last night as a NB tried to fight me while having 4 NPCs on me. I decided to just sweep away with a HOT running and was surprised when he moved on to another target. Maybe going higher offense for the heals, getting the minor protection going, along with likely uptime of blood spawn is defensive enough. Only problem there is maybe the NB was heavy on crit and it was my 4k crotch resist that made the difference
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was thinking about this last night as a NB tried to fight me while having 4 NPCs on me. I decided to just sweep away with a HOT running and was surprised when he moved on to another target. Maybe going higher offense for the heals, getting the minor protection going, along with likely uptime of blood spawn is defensive enough. Only problem there is maybe the NB was heavy on crit and it was my 4k crotch resist that made the difference

Either Bloodspawn, 3x protective, or pirate skeleton, has been enough for me. Typically protective as i love skoria.

Edited by Brutusmax1mus on November 24, 2018 4:39PM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3x protective, sorcery, prophecy, wpn dmg, lightning staff. 12k pene w/o drain

https://imgur.com/gallery/0MBRhGX
    Edited by Brutusmax1mus on November 24, 2018 4:41PM
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On total dark: I still love the defensive to offensive capabilities of this skill, and probably will still run it. If I were going to change skills, I would just remorph it to unstable core. When UC is combined with purifying light and timed with a dot Ultimate the result is juicy. Also, love me that new instant solar barrage! OG Batbombing is still fun!
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on November 24, 2018 6:39PM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it was my 4k crotch resist that made the difference
    The most important resistance.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    it was my 4k crotch resist that made the difference
    The most important resistance.

Crotch resist is the ultimate tbag defense.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you minimize the burns and bleeds on the crotch
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have pariah, but don't run the pariah 5piece in your healing/defensive bar, that's a bit of a problem.

I would swap out the maelstrom resto for a pariah piece, sub 2h for lightning staff and drop rapid regen for elemental drain.

Resto heavy attacks give you a lot of resources, you can probably get away with switching to the apprentice stone for more spelldam.

I have it on my healing bar; maelstrom is my ranged bar; I swap to two hander when in melee and heal on that bar. I could also use frost staff back bar if I want as well. Just wanted to get a feel of how things go.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

I use a 2H for the stam management buffs, but that's on a lizard so I get some from all potions as well. I don't think high elf can reasonably manage 11k stam unless you are running with a medium to large group with good heals. You'd probably be better off with DW heavy attacks for stam and you could run stam glyph on the off hand. And without a S&B bar or ice staff, your stam is going to get hammered if you need to block.

You can probably drop the protective traits, as Pariah will start kicking in almost immediately. Infused spell damage would be a nice damage boost.

I might try that instead; I do like having protective to cover any armor debuffs since a ton of people run spinners and spriggans this patch.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea 3x protective it's whati have too. Let's mego back to an offensive ultimate and trans let's me take on things that protective can't help me with.

- Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea 3x protective it's whati have too. Let's mego back to an offensive ultimate and trans let's me take on things that protective can't help me with.

I run trans in small group where i enjoy playing a little more support oriented. When everyone's on (never) we have trans, reposte, lord worden, troll king, spc up. 4 ppl. Lots of fun.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Changed a few things up

Might still change out Maelstrom backbar for Frost Staff Backbar