The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magplar PvP

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Ice staff and swapped around my bar to make use of radiant Ward. I'd say it's my favorite Templar setup this far (thanks @Kartalin for the base setup/idea!):

https://youtu.be/MbfAQzHnwMA

I was hoping youd take out that sniper. You managed to run them around a long time
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Ice staff and swapped around my bar to make use of radiant Ward. I'd say it's my favorite Templar setup this far (thanks @Kartalin for the base setup/idea!):

I was hoping youd take out that sniper. You managed to run them around a long time

Yea after looking over the video that what I should have done. I killed a sniper first though but i don't think it's the same one spamming draining shot on me at the end. And that lowbie Sorc was underleveled buffed.

Next time! I'm still seeing what gear i can get away with, so I'm constantly trying topeal back the protective and radiant Ward gives just enough for 1v1/2 situations to justify just 1 protective. I might do that next since trans crit resist should be decent enough at 19k with radiant/total dark. Just need to practice more!

Also I found a dot/ultimate cost increase/ 10% spell power poison :trollface:
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea after looking over the video that what I should have done. I killed a sniper first though but i don't think it's the same one spamming draining shot on me at the end. And that lowbie Sorc was underleveled buffed.

Next time! I'm still seeing what gear i can get away with, so I'm constantly trying topeal back the protective and radiant Ward gives just enough for 1v1/2 situations to justify just 1 protective. I might do that next since trans crit resist should be decent enough at 19k with radiant/total dark. Just need to practice more!

I just Ran from you on my nb healer :lol:

And watched you fight in the tower you's a way better plar then me and that build looks cool super mobile
    Edited by Mrsinister2 on November 18, 2018 6:15PM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wtb psn recipe.

I actually slotted radiant ward 2 days ago, my hp was not enough to utilize it, 23k, but maybe on another build. Definitely going to try it with btb/ Pariah build im working on as a support build.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wtb psn recipe.

I actually slotted radiant ward 2 days ago, my hp was not enough to utilize it, 23k, but maybe on another build. Definitely going to try it with btb/ Pariah build im working on as a support build.

I'm have to find it again

Radiant is better if you have 25k health. 3750 shield isn't terrible with the sheld changes, especially if you are running trans. It's not passive defense, but something you want to cast after to reduce a direct burst that's going to suck. You can useit after casting total dark to sneak in a burning light proc while making the heal stick. You can also add it into a rotation to give you minor protection on a front bar if you want to retain crit passives.

I wish it was something new, but I'll use it for now
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wtb psn recipe.

Radiant is better if you have 25k health. 3750 shield isn't terrible with the sheld changes, especially if you are running trans. It's not passive defense, but something you want to cast after to reduce a direct burst that's going to suck. You can useit after casting total dark to sneak in a burning light proc while making the heal stick. You can also add it into a rotation to give you minor protection on a front bar if you want to retain crit passives.

Im going to be using guard with mine. I think i'll enjoy the upfront damage on cast. Should make for a fun duo build.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wtb psn recipe.

Im going to be using guard with mine. I think i'll enjoy the upfront damage on cast. Should make for a fun duo build.

guard = OP lol.

After using radiant, I looked at karalin's suggestion at empowering sweeps+lights champion. Ult on cooldown for the same buff is nice to not worry about if you are going to use the right ultimate.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • iCelticOwnU
    iCelticOwnU
    ✭✭
    on my magplar i run

5x soulshine
    5x lich
    2 x skoria

fire destro staff front bar (sharpened gold)
    resto staff back bar (powered)

soulshine is amazing on magplar and really compliments all main damage skills of the class.

works really well in BGs i completely melt people with this set up and can sustain very well.

damage rotation: drink alliance potion (for major sorcery) vampires bane, light attack, flame clench, light attack, dark flare, sweeps if close range, radiant dectruction. completely melts most people in BGs. Have not tested much in cyrodiil yet.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently thinking of a possibly race change away for argonian to high elf, only out of bordem really.
    Any body else run high elf magplar. I'm thinking the sustain and lack of hp may be an issue?
    Edited by Syiccal on November 19, 2018 8:44PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    on my magplar i run

5x soulshine
    5x lich
    2 x skoria

soulshine is amazing on magplar and really compliments all main damage skills of the class.

works really well in BGs i completely melt people with this set up and can sustain very well.

damage rotation: drink alliance potion (for major sorcery) vampires bane, light attack, flame clench, light attack, dark flare, sweeps if close range, radiant dectruction. completely melts most people in BGs. Have not tested much in cyrodiil yet.

soulshine is classic! BTW it should buff your fire heavy attack too ;)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    I'm currently thinking of a possibly race change away for argonian to high elf, only our of Borden really.
    Any body else run high elf magplar. I'm thinking the sustain and lack of hp may be an issue?

I went from high elf to argonian

High elf is more damage and higher regen but argonian really is tankier with better sustain. Both are completly viable tho depending on your playstyle
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently thinking of a possibly race change away for argonian to high elf, only out of bordem really.

I run a high elf with 22.8k hp. The role player in me (about .5%) don't let me change it. They just look like a holy templar.

@Minno i tried force pulse instead of hands after watching your video. I digged it.
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I run a high elf with 22.8k hp. The role player in me (about .5%) don't let me change it. They just look like a holy templar.

@Minno i tried force pulse instead of hands after watching your video. I digged it.

Going argonian totally ruined the look of my magplar so I hear ya lol
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they adjust races well; I really want a nord magplar or stamplar. The look and personality is more relatable to me. Not sure how lore would fit but dont really care.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

force pulse is really nice.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they adjust races well; I really want a nord magplar or stamplar. The look and personality is more relatable to me. Not sure how lore would fit but dont really care.

Even if they don't adjust the races, Nord is still a solid pick for stamplar.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Take it from a nord Magplar, your damage will suffer and Nords also disadvantage not having any resource management.

The health and stam boosts make for an OK stamplar, but can't compare to Orc.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭

That fight looked so fun!!

I really need to go back to Vamp, even though it really makes my Breton horribly unattractive.
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That fight looked so fun!!

I really need to go back to Vamp, even though it really makes my Breton horribly unattractive.

I want to deslot vamp, but honestly mist is needed now that they nerfed swift.

drink some mara to go to vamp 1! I am thinking of going back to breton lol but I will wait for the race change patch.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah Elusive Mist is back to being almost essential. It was a nice few months at least.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Yeah Elusive Mist is back to being almost essential. It was a nice few months at least.

I've been rocking swift and Accelerate (RAT morph) lately specifically because I'm too stubborn to go vamp again. It requires having a respectable stam pool, and it's not as easy as hitting one button and being invincible but this is my trick:

Dodge > Ritual > Accelerate > Sprint

Rinse and repeat, throw a BoL in there if needed. You regen while running and it's much faster.
    Edited by Datolite on November 19, 2018 11:55PM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll los if i absolutely need to, but i hate that game play. I'll stand and fight with a tiny window more often than not. I'd rather just die and try again if it doesn't work out. Most of my builds are hearty
    Edited by Brutusmax1mus on November 20, 2018 12:28AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Take it from a nord Magplar, your damage will suffer and Nords also disadvantage not having any resource management.

Yeah. I know how it is now. Ran it for a while and by the time I built in enough sustain, I hit like a wet noodle. I was just hoping this next racial pass the devs sre talking about would help.

I can wait patiently as I'm studying for certs and my logins in the meantime are just brief breaks.
    Edited by technohic on November 20, 2018 2:41AM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. I know how it is now. Ran it for a while and by the time I built in enough sustain, I hit like a wet noodle. I was just hoping this next racial pass the devs sre talking about would help.

I can wait patiently as I'm studying for certs and my logins in the meantime are just brief breaks.

Incoming nerf to argonian sustain for sure.
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope it's not super bad I have 3 argonians and I'm not paying for any more race changes lol
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope it's not super bad I have 3 argonians and I'm not paying for any more race changes lol

I do think it needs to be balanced, since everyone and their grandmother's dog is re-rolling Argo. It's just too good to not be meta. Makes the resto f us feel like second class races... which is a little reminiscent of why we fought the 2nd World War.

Just saying....

Argonians are Arians is what I'm saying.
  • iCelticOwnU
    iCelticOwnU
    ✭✭
    on my magplar i run

5x soulshine
    5x lich
    2 x skoria

I agree the set works great ! I was thinking about switching to war maiden so my flame clench and vampires bane get buffed aswell, but really love the soulshine, plus i use 2 healthy jewelry to keep my health up.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    on my magplar i run

5x soulshine
    5x lich
    2 x skoria

I agree the set works great ! I was thinking about switching to war maiden so my flame clench and vampires bane get buffed aswell, but really love the soulshine, plus i use 2 healthy jewelry to keep my health up.

war maiden wouldnt buff fire so good choice going soulshine lol
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You know how ZOS "adjusts"; some races are going to get wrecked.

I bet they go with a mix of 10% 6% 6% for each stat, for every race with tank races getting 10% health, magicka races getting 10% mag, and stam races getting 10% stam. lol.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in to minds here,, vamps bane or reflective light?