The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magplar PvP

• Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    light, slime and deep throat

These sets are just getting perverse now.
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datolite wrote: »
    light, slime and deep throat

These sets are just getting perverse now.

:lol::lol:
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what's every ones choice of set up this patch. my style is to keep one set up fits all . ie I don't change sets for duels/bgs/open world pvp.
    currently using 1 pirate, 1 skele 5 BTB, 5 shackle
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    what's every ones choice of set up this patch. my style is to keep one set up fits all . ie I don't change sets for duels/bgs/open world pvp.

You mean chudan/pirate?

Here's mine. All CP, except BGs and CP stars remain the same (no dueling since it's about as fun as watching nerds commentating on the mating cycles of turtles.)

Base:
    2 valkyn, 5 btb/deep-throat, 5 trans.
    all SD except 1 enchant is mag regen (1900 regen with another 300 from ele drain with restoring rune)
    Ice/resto.

For more zerg fights with one or two other players:
    2 grothdarr/2 bloodspawn/2 pirate skeleton

For BGs:
    pirate/chudan, 2 pirate, 1 pirate/ 1 valkyn/ 2 valkyn with 2 protective. Since max mag is gutted anyway the dmg you gain from 3x arcane is small, whereas the defense boost you get from protective is HUGE.

Had a couple of fights last night where me and Doug/Bazerac had decent equal fights or tried to hit sides of zergs. He was on a troll nightblade, and let me go valkyn/full arcane while I popped resto ults for him/me.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Im having a ton of fun in spinners (front only), BTB, masters ice (back bar), skoria. 3 protective jewelry.

https://youtu.be/lwfpOSCbR_k

How do i add a picture? I'd show stats but not sure how.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Currently running Shadowrend, Innate Axiom and Amberplasm. 5 Light 2 Heavy
    3/3 Spelldamage Triune jewels
    7/7 Prismatic Impen body pieces

If you have enough spell damage, every other problem will solve itself.
  • Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭

1 pirate, 1 skele? LOL
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hahaha my bad I ment 1 pirate/ 1 chudan
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only really play BG's and accept duels when I log in now but this is me.

2 Valkyn
    5 Shackle / Axiom(Jewellery(Arcane) + Weapons)
    5 BTB

2 SD, 1 Reco enchant on jewellery.
    5 Arcane glyphs | 2 Prismatic

Think I'm running Attro Mundus / Possibly Apprentice.
    Double Bloody Mara.
    Not a vampire.

Unbuffed stats in a BG look like this:
    41ab9a36-81e1-46c7-9755-b86cbd6ab98b.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=te5HfjPv6%2FxO5kf5EPDOYoQurO2kCpqn0qoJpk2%2Fr6E%3D

Edit: 2 of my BTB is not impen yet and I am missing the medium piece from my undaunted. So a bit more CR and 500~ tri stats.
    Edited by BNOC on November 16, 2018 9:52AM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Currently running Shadowrend, Innate Axiom and Amberplasm. 5 Light 2 Heavy
    3/3 Spelldamage Triune jewels
    7/7 Prismatic Impen body pieces

If you have enough spell damage, every other problem will solve itself.

and if you don't, penetration/defile usually helps you cover the gap.

its why staff has 10% pen built in with ele drain and bow/snb has major defile on it's spamable dmg/cc.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    extra note, I swapped purfying light for blazing spear. The burning light procs without jabs on a GCD ignoring mechanic was too good to pass up.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    extra note, I swapped purfying light for blazing spear. The burning light procs without jabs on a GCD ignoring mechanic was too good to pass up.

I was thinking about swapping jabs for blazing spear. What do you do to get people to stand in it though?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »

I was thinking about swapping jabs for blazing spear. What do you do to get people to stand in it though?

The old "if you slot templar, they will come" mentality. Just cast BOL and youll have all the targets on you lol.
    Jokes aside, im usually on my target's ass and LOS circling around them anyway. 9/10 times the target is a stamina melee anyway. And I stand in the rune too.

I also use ranged abilities with total dark to help shutdown ranged if they are trying to stay there. You only need 1 or 2 hits anyway to get the full benefit out of blazing (burning light proc), and you usually have to retreat to a more defensive position to get the full cast. Takes a little practice, but I found it more enjoyable than trying to light attack weave into purfying light when more than 1 target was around.

I am also using blockade of frost, so the snare is definitely there.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've updated my no cp builds recently to using protective jewelry instead of 1 pirate + 1 chudan. Considering that I previously ran 1 arcane + 2 swift, this is not a huge loss of resources. Because of this change I'm now able to slot valkyn skoria which is very nice. It does give slightly less resistances having 3 purple protective jewelry versus 1 pirate 1 chudan, but its only off by a couple hundred points. So I'm still in 5-1-1 light with over 20k resistances (over 30k spell resist because breton templar).

To recap, my build is Torug's + Spinners (5 front bar, 3 back) + Willpower (0 front, 2 back) + Skoria. Infused fire/resto, protective jewelry.

I've also been playing around with a small group support build (I've tried it in groups of sizes 3-6). Gossamer + Hist Sap + Skoria, infused ice staff/resto, protective jewelry. Feels incredibly tanky, I'm running empowering sweep and light's champion as my ults so that major protection is readily available. Also using blockade of frost. Not a lot of kill power to be honest, but that's not how I'm running it. Buffing friends, snaring / rooting enemies, keeping friends alive, that kind of thing.

Really interest in putting something together with Steadfast Hero because it'll be basically 50% uptime of major protection for magplars. I'm still not sure what I want to pair with it though. I think BTB would be an interesting choice but haven't looked at any numbers or planned out any builds on uesp's build editor yet.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did this till jabs is fixed on console. It's meh. Better than jabs atm.
    Edited by Brutusmax1mus on November 16, 2018 6:46PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yea it's the same issue; players will move out of the AOE.

Might as well have one that lets you spam other abilities lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone use protective traits on jewllery?
    Is it worth it?
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yea it's the same issue; players will move out of the AOE.

Might as well have one that lets you spam other abilities lol.

I'll go back to jabs when it's fixed. My jabs don't even start half the time, but they go great with ice staff.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it worth it?

Worth it. in CP, worth one or 2 depending on your set choices. Do not go 3 unless you have the max mag to afford. Anything Below 36k is a tank build lol.

I use 2 protective, 1 arcane in CP. In nCP, 3x protective gives you the most benefit since you lose out on ALOT of max stats from the CP loss anyway. You can even go 2x protective 1x swift if you want, or go triune or infused.

Lots of options. I wish they had crit resist on one lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it worth it?

I've talked about switching to protective here
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My current stats buffed only sorcery, spell dmg glyph procd, prophecy, outside of cyro in my focus.

37370 mag 1681 regen
    17501 health vamp
    10691 stam 611 regen

3599 spell dmg
    39% crit
    13k penetration before drain

28049 spell resist both increase by 1500 on
    23623 physical my ice staff bar

Spinners/btb/skoria 3x protective.
    @Syiccal

Edited by Brutusmax1mus on November 16, 2018 9:01PM
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you guys front barring for a weapon with btb/spinnet set up I been doing lightening staff to buff sweeps. It's nice having sweeps actually hit hard surprises alot of people and melts alot of bad Stam blades
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been seeing lighting and ice staff.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been doing lightning fb and ice bb.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you guys front barring for a weapon with btb/spinnet set up I been doing lightening staff to buff sweeps. It's nice having sweeps actually hit hard surprises alot of people and melts alot of bad Stam blades

For Spinners/BTB I usually run high crit ranged builds (fire) that I can spam with, with resto back bar for group support (cause I'm in the back lines usually). It goes without saying that the rest of my stats go into Spell Damage and I am basically glass. It's not well-rounded but it hits like a mother.

That being said, it's not my fave build for BGs.

Side note, I have definitely changed my mind re protective trait. I have been running Blood Spawn so long I've forgotten what it's like to need raw resistances. It's a great stat for LA builds.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datolite wrote: »

For Spinners/BTB I usually run high crit ranged builds (fire) that I can spam with, with resto back bar for group support (cause I'm in the back lines usually). It goes without saying that the rest of my stats go into Spell Damage and I am basically glass. It's not well-rounded but it hits like a mother.

That being said, it's not my fave build for BGs.

Side note, I have definitely changed my mind re protective trait. I have been running Blood Spawn so long I've forgotten what it's like to need raw resistances. It's a great stat for LA builds.

I was using bloodsoawn too, but found skoria better since i didn't need the bc resistance and it's damage output was more than i was being from the extra ult.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is it worth it?

Protective is BiS imo, on light armor in general. The value you get from 1800 resist out performs the extra stats from arcane or triune.

Lightning staff is really nice. Inferno staff can be good too if you take a more single target approach, which is doable on magplar. But I think either way, Destro Staff is the way to go. Ele drain and the light attack damage is too much to give up.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my set that I never change for duelling/bgs/cyro is still wizard's riposte, transmutation, skoria, willpower. Very well rounded build. I do however still have specific builds for each type of gameplay
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anybody made good use of steadfast hero set ?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ice staff and swapped around my bar to make use of radiant Ward. I'd say it's my favorite Templar setup this far (thanks @Kartalin for the base setup/idea!):

https://youtu.be/MbfAQzHnwMA
    Edited by Minno on November 18, 2018 2:23PM
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual