The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magplar PvP

• PickleRick
    PickleRick
    ✭✭✭
    @Minno there 100% needs to be a Speed+Mag+Utility pot. Wether it’s immov, crit, Vitality, whatever.

I haven’t tested the light armor snare passives so I don’t know the exact mechanics I just assumed they worked like the mechanics on live do
    Come on, flip the pickle, Morty, you're not gonna regret it. The payoff is huge. I turned myself into a pickle, Morty! Boom! Big reveal! I'm a pickle! What do you think about that? I turned myself into a pickle! W-w-what are you just staring at me for, bro, I turned myself into a pickle, Morty.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PickleRick wrote: »
    @Minno there 100% needs to be a Speed+Mag+Utility pot. Wether it’s immov, crit, Vitality, whatever.

I haven’t tested the light armor snare passives so I don’t know the exact mechanics I just assumed they worked like the mechanics on live do

There really does need to be that pot. Not vitality, but definitely immov or crit (my money is on crit since stam can either get it off a pot, use a dagger, or roll better passives). Some mag builds have to slot inner light in some cases and that sucks lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • PickleRick
    PickleRick
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

There really does need to be that pot. Not vitality, but definitely immov or crit (my money is on crit since stam can either get it off a pot, use a dagger, or roll better passives). Some mag builds have to slot inner light in some cases and that sucks lol.

Yeah, I think crit is the best option as well since it gives something different from the Stamina options and offers that Major Prophecy to classes that lack it. It wouldn’t benefit all Magplars since there’s native Prophecy but worst case it opens a skill slot so you can run a different DoT. As long as you source your minor sorcery somewhere else
    Edited by PickleRick on September 21, 2018 5:46PM
    Come on, flip the pickle, Morty, you're not gonna regret it. The payoff is huge. I turned myself into a pickle, Morty! Boom! Big reveal! I'm a pickle! What do you think about that? I turned myself into a pickle! W-w-what are you just staring at me for, bro, I turned myself into a pickle, Morty.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I think crit is the best option as well since it gives something different from the Stamina options and offers that Major Prophecy to classes that lack it. It wouldn’t benefit all Magplars since there’s native Prophecy but worst case it opens a skill slot so you can run a different DoT. As long as you source your minor sorcery somewhere else

It will benefit on a better uptime of the buff the very least (45 second with 6-12secs off vamps bane).

I still like my idea of sorcery buff on race against time as well lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SD or SC/speed/mag pot like stamina can lol

SD/Speed/Mag would be so very, very good.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't run FM or mist I just use 3 Swifts and accept the fact I'll get zerged down or 4 dawn breakers on me from the Stam Bros.

I can't even find room on my bars for most unless I use pots for major sorc witch I hate doing because I forgot to often
  • PickleRick
    PickleRick
    ✭✭✭
    I don't run FM or mist I just use 3 Swifts and accept the fact I'll get zerged down or 4 dawn breakers on me from the Stam Bros.

I can't even find room on my bars for most unless I use pots for major sorc witch I hate doing because I forgot to often

I just don’t find Magplar skills that compelling when I’m solo. I get the clunky knockback, the short duration DoT that my best in class offensive buff is attached to, the cone AoE that requires a CC that the class doesn’t natively have in order to be effective, the big glowing thing in the sky that screams “here comes the burst”, etc. that’s why it’s easy for me to fit FM. It’s a fun class but offensively it’s a train wreck solo unless you’re using some sort of gimmick
    Edited by PickleRick on September 22, 2018 12:21AM
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just don’t find Magplar skills that compelling when I’m solo. I get the clunky knockback, the short duration DoT that my best in class offensive buff is attached to, the cone AoE that requires a CC that the class doesn’t natively have in order to be effective, the big glowing thing in the sky that screams “here comes the burst”, etc. that’s why it’s easy for me to fit FM. It’s a fun class but offensively it’s a train wreck solo unless you’re using some sort of gimmick

This is all true and pretty hilarious :D

Maybe I need to swap things up
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do any of you not use inner light? I've been contemplating on taking it off for some psijic skills but its driving me crazy if I should do it or not lol. I lose 2200 magicka and 10% crit without it.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xskinzcity wrote: »
    Do any of you not use inner light? I've been contemplating on taking it off for some psijic skills but its driving me crazy if I should do it or not lol. I lose 2200 magicka and 10% crit without it.

Roughly 209 SD or utility, is basically the question.

I used inner light in CP sometimes, but it doesn't do anything but buff up. Race against time gives you 10% crit DMG though so it helps alleviate the mag loss while gaining speed buffs.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends on the build, haven’t used it in awhile. Only times I used it was when I felt I lacked max or was building for a high max. If you have a flex spot it’s not a bad choice.
  • PickleRick
    PickleRick
    ✭✭✭
    @Minno there’s also the fact that there’s a class DoT which offers that buff during your offensive window(inner light doesn’t give prophecy on defense bar anyway) and the added damage from the DoT is more than the max mag will add.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ran it for a long time, but since reflective light also gives the major prophecy buff, i've replaced inner light with it.

I've been using lightning staff even before it counted as a 2 pc, so my front bar is:
    shock reach, sweeps, purifying light, refliective light, ele drain.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I used inner light in CP sometimes, but it doesn't do anything but buff up. Race against time gives you 10% crit DMG though so it helps alleviate the mag loss while gaining speed buffs.

Basically with my set up, I would have to lose either magelight or entropy, but then i would have to use spell power pots. I'm using sweeps, purifying light, radiant lol, inner light and recently destro clench. Back bar is entropy, mist, rune, cleanse, bol. I'm trying to slot in 1 psijic skill so inner light or entropy need to go. Tried heavy rattlecage but struggled with sustain. Only started maining a magplar a month ago.
    Edited by Skinzz on September 22, 2018 5:45AM
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends on the build, haven’t used it in awhile. Only times I used it was when I felt I lacked max or was building for a high max. If you have a flex spot it’s not a bad choice.

Hey bro I used to play with you back then lol
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm always back n forth if I should use inner light or not
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bit of advice needed please fellas,, recently started playing lightning staff/s+B but unsure as to which trait the staff should be,, it's master staff if that matters
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey bro I used to play with you back then lol

Yeah been a minute. Haven’t seen you since pubg came out. Although I don’t play the game as much as before.

Was going to say do you remember this then realized you got off already. https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/catchmetrolling/video/40080583 I don’t even run a gap closer anymore, video ancient.

Edit: meant to put this one https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/catchmetrolling/video/19573915
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on September 22, 2018 6:53AM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Basically with my set up, I would have to lose either magelight or entropy, but then i would have to use spell power pots. I'm using sweeps, purifying light, radiant lol, inner light and recently destro clench. Back bar is entropy, mist, rune, cleanse, bol. I'm trying to slot in 1 psijic skill so inner light or entropy need to go. Tried heavy rattlecage but struggled with sustain. Only started maining a magplar a month ago.

Drop inner light for sure. Use spell crit, health, mag pot if you want to fit something other than vamps bane.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Speed pot choices are pretty limited. Stam/speed/immov or speed/lingering health. Any others worth mentioning? Lingering health can work well with Troll King.

Stam/speed/immov are all three things magplars want and need. I am genuinely surprised people think its weird that I use that potion 9 times out of 10. Yes, I lose a little magicka regen, but that is easily recouped by slotting Elemental drain, which also happens to boost my damage against the target I want to kill.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally I can't give up my tri stat pots so entropy (degeneration) is the way to go. I am in BGs mostly so losing out on major prophecy isn't a huge deal.

Also no shame in slotting radiant. People laugh on the forums but start panicking when they encounter someone who knows how to use it.
    Edited by Datolite on September 22, 2018 2:33PM
  • PickleRick
    PickleRick
    ✭✭✭
    @Syiccal I think, but could be wrong, that Infused Shock glyph is the best choice there.

@Joy_Division thank you! Speed/stam/immov is so good for Magplars
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea ok I just wasn't sure if nern with shock or infused with shock would be better
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Speed pot choices are pretty limited. Stam/speed/immov or speed/lingering health. Any others worth mentioning? Lingering health can work well with Troll King.

Stam/speed/immov are all three things magplars want and need. I am genuinely surprised people think its weird that I use that potion 9 times out of 10. Yes, I lose a little magicka regen, but that is easily recouped by slotting Elemental drain, which also happens to boost my damage against the target I want to kill.

That’s what I’m using now. With the clock work food I still get 1900 plus base regen with all spell damage glyphs and the apprentice mundus. While maintaining 14k stam.
  • PickleRick
    PickleRick
    ✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    yea ok I just wasn't sure if nern with shock or infused with shock would be better

Nirn gives higher tool tips but Infused Shock will increase damage more because you get more glyph procs and they deal damage and each one is another opportunity to proc concussion.

I could be mistaken, but like I said it’s what I run and I seem to remember making that decision after reading a post somewhere that broke it down, I’ll try to find the post somewhere and link it if I can
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got all gold spinner's rings now but if I'm already running light armor is spinner's just over kill?

Is to much Penn even a thing?
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got all gold spinner's rings now but if I'm already running light armor is spinner's just over kill?

Yeah but it’s harder too reach in pvp. Think in pve max resistance is like 18k.

• Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah but it’s harder too reach in pvp. Think in pve max resistance is like 18k.

Yea in pvp any heavy armor build gonna have a ton of resistence.

I also just realized I can't play with out swift I don't have it on these rings and it's absolutely brutal how slow magplar is :neutral:
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did abit of testing with cp earlier and turns out that nearly every skill on my bar excluding jabs is buffed by master at arms including radiant destruction , reflective light, shock reach and empowering sweeps
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ I find this strange as they are all mostly channeled/ dots