Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wait , what, isn't that a food?
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Confirmed, spring load infusion works with mag bone pirate.
    Dueled a magden on that spec and very fluid combat compared to live.

Sweet. Would you say the fluid combat is thanks to the changes to sweeps?
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »

It's a drink, but it gives less stats than the regular tri food does.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Syiccal wrote: »

It's a drink, but it gives less stats than the regular tri food does.

Give less stats than tri-food but more stats that witch (small amount but helps, especially getting 3-4k stamina when you already have decent regen via ele drain+enough regen).
    Confirmed, spring load infusion works with mag bone pirate.
    Dueled a magden on that spec and very fluid combat compared to live.

Sweet. Would you say the fluid combat is thanks to the changes to sweeps?

Sweeps targeting and restoring rune helping you to cc break/block more often in combat (both major pain points on templar pvp). I still use 2h Ult since its dual burst/defense and backbar dawnbreaker if I need the stun.

edit:
    my stats off mag bone pirate:
    - 35k max mag (with willpower)
    - 23k health
    - 15k stamina
    - 1800 regen fully buffed (and an additional 600 effective regen from ele drain)
    - 600 stam regen (and an additional 480 effective regen from rune)
    - 3600 SD fully buffed
    - not any different from shackle, except don't have 18k stamina and not forced to run atro mundas (in my mind much better than shackle for magplar unless you enchant differently/add different sets.)
    Edited by Minno on September 24, 2018 6:29PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For reference:

AFSfHnd.png
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For reference:

AFSfHnd.png

Is there a compelling reason the drink gives so much less stats than the food?
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For reference:

AFSfHnd.png

zos logic or they already had 99% of the content finished back with the original dev team so it was probably planed for use in a mag bone pirate set already.

Either that, or there isnt a reason except someone forgot the values so it matches the food value.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these new recovery sets and changes to light armor/ channeled rune have me pondering a woodelf magplar w/amberplasm/shacklebreaker/willpower staff/AS SnB for defensive posture and that juicy 1800 magicka return...thoughts?
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    All these new recovery sets and changes to light armor/ channeled rune have me pondering a woodelf magplar w/amberplasm/shacklebreaker/willpower staff/AS SnB for defensive posture and that juicy 1800 magicka return...thoughts?

That could work. Mentioned something similar. Wood elf might be unnecessary though, all depends on your max and spell Damage. Plus penetration.
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I tried trading mist for speed immov pots and forward momentum tonight. (1 swift) It's addictive. I had trouble targetting people because *I* was moving so fast.

Rest of the build needs work, but dang... I actually escaped a few times and my regen felt amazing without the stoppages from mist.
    Edited by NBrookus on September 25, 2018 2:18AM
    Options
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    So 2nite I finally put together my first magplar build for battlegrounds and I must say I quite enjoyed the switch from all stam classess due to no problems of connecting light/heavy waves. OH besides that 1 time i felt like a complete waste of oxygen against heavy stamden with 3 swifts.

My build looked like :
    5 light 1 heavy 1 medium ; 2 skoria 5 axiom 1infused lightning masters destro and transmutation SnB backbar. Reinforced heavy chest infused legs and the rest impen, all magicka glyphs.

Main bar : ele drain, destro reach, reflective light, dark flare, radiant glory and soul assault.
    Back bar : honor tha dead,elusive mist, entropy, extended ritual, rune focus and empowering sweet.

What I liked about the build was definitely the burst damage of flare+drain+clench soul assault/beam combo. Mag sustain was perfect, survivability was okay-ish.
    What I didn't like is the lack of synergy. I was using axiom but drain clench and soul assault had 0 benefit from that set. Lighting staff gave 0 benefit outside of the clench since i wasn't using jabs and the burst was single target. But in order to use jabs id have to slot toppling charge and say goodbye to master destro staff and possibly light armor. My hp and stamina, 20k and 12k respectively felt a little on the low side aswell.

I'd like to hear your suggestions about tweaking the build to achieve better synergy between the 3 sets and skills, I don't mind going heavy meele jabs and no master, but my main focus is solo damage dealing in BGs so keep that in mind.
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »

That could work. Mentioned something similar. Wood elf might be unnecessary though, all depends on your max and spell Damage. Plus penetration.

But think of all that fall dmg mitigation while in mist form 😘
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonor wrote: »
    So 2nite I finally put together my first magplar build for battlegrounds and I must say I quite enjoyed the switch from all stam classess due to no problems of connecting light/heavy waves. OH besides that 1 time i felt like a complete waste of oxygen against heavy stamden with 3 swifts.

My build looked like :
    5 light 1 heavy 1 medium ; 2 skoria 5 axiom 1infused lightning masters destro and transmutation SnB backbar. Reinforced heavy chest infused legs and the rest impen, all magicka glyphs.

Main bar : ele drain, destro reach, reflective light, dark flare, radiant glory and soul assault.
    Back bar : honor tha dead,elusive mist, entropy, extended ritual, rune focus and empowering sweet.

What I liked about the build was definitely the burst damage of flare+drain+clench soul assault/beam combo. Mag sustain was perfect, survivability was okay-ish.
    What I didn't like is the lack of synergy. I was using axiom but drain clench and soul assault had 0 benefit from that set. Lighting staff gave 0 benefit outside of the clench since i wasn't using jabs and the burst was single target. But in order to use jabs id have to slot toppling charge and say goodbye to master destro staff and possibly light armor. My hp and stamina, 20k and 12k respectively felt a little on the low side aswell.

I'd like to hear your suggestions about tweaking the build to achieve better synergy between the 3 sets and skills, I don't mind going heavy meele jabs and no master, but my main focus is solo damage dealing in BGs so keep that in mind.

swap out innate axiom for overwhelming surge . I use lightning staff but not reach, I much prefer total dark/ Dawn breaker combo. imo total dark increases survivability alot in BG due to ppl not having stam to break it. I don't use a gap close I just move quick either with mist form or animation cancel mist into sprint.
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For reference:

AFSfHnd.png

Digestive problems ?
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if the new sets that block healing or put something on the target that increases damage in that target can be cleansed.
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I'm wondering if the new sets that block healing or put something on the target that increases damage in that target can be cleansed.

Anguish can, but because it has no cooldown and is effective 100% uptime, sitting there and Ritual + HtD + 2 seconds of damage gets you nowhere.

Large groups with purgebots will be unaffected.
    Edited by NBrookus on September 25, 2018 6:45PM
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Anguish can, but because it has no cooldown and is effective 100% uptime, sitting there and Ritual + HtD + 2 seconds of damage gets you nowhere.

Large groups with purgebots will be unaffected.

Yeah, kind of afraid of that. Blocking healing on stam toons that cannot cleanse it really screws a stamina character trying to run alone since you need to preemptively have those HOTs running. Shield nerf hurts most magicka characters running alone. Even if zerg surfing; you still depend on yourself for everything. Sucks because I think magplar is moving in the right direction finally but the game is not. We may not have to be healbots when this is all said and done, but might want to be.
    Edited by technohic on September 25, 2018 6:51PM
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In either unnerfed or current form, I don't really see Emo Soldier being of concern for magplars, though.

Even in a spec with no real investment in healing (soulshine, slimecraw, war maiden) I get crit BoLs that would burn through an Anguish heal cut and still give me some heals.

It's really HoT dependent classes that it targets, imo.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Emo Soldier"

LMAO
    Options
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's because the drink scales to your level, so it can be used by a character of any level. I think it is meant as "budget" replacement to tristat food that you can use on your low level alts. That flexibility has a cost, I guess.
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^ That was my interpretation as well. Still better stats than the health/mag from witchmother's though so if you're good on recovery then it's a viable option.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    "Emo Soldier"

LMAO

I've been trying to make it a thing.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've followed the hype and tried out 2h on my magplar.
    Been using frost staff backbar so I can have nice block and access to ED.
    5/1/1 LA
    2 Shadowrend
    5 overwhelming/3 trans/willpower GS frontbar
    5 overwhelming/5trans with frost staff backbar
    3xSwift and argonian for the sustain.
    Been thinking of switching out one swift for arcane so I get better max stats.

Stats
    24k hp
    33k Mag
    15 k stam
    3780 SD (buffed)
    1765 mag recovery with major intellect
    4300 crit resist
    20700 spell resist
    18200 physical resist.
    Lots of passive damage with surge proc and shadowrend (with dots up around 2.2 k per second if dots dont crit agains the average non tank target)
    More than enough survivability (especially in 1v1 with shadowrend proc since it's always up).
    I really start to like 2h and FM.

Edited by Ariades_swe on September 26, 2018 3:55PM
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5/1/1 LA
    2 Shadowrend

Stats
    24k hp
    33k Mag
    15 k stam
    3780 SD (buffed)
    4300 crit resist
    20700 spell resist
    18200 physical resist.
    Lots of passive damage with surge proc and shadowrend (with dots up around 2.2 k per second if dots dont crit agains the average non tank target)
    More than enough survivability (especially in 1v1 with shadowrend proc since it's always up).

wait till you figure out a way to sneak in the 2h Ultimate ;)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5/1/1 LA
    2 Shadowrend

Stats
    24k hp
    33k Mag
    15 k stam
    3780 SD (buffed)
    4300 crit resist
    20700 spell resist
    18200 physical resist.

wait till you figure out a way to sneak in the 2h Ultimate ;)

Oh yeah I forgot about that one.
    Thanks for the tip.
    :)
    Edited by Ariades_swe on September 26, 2018 5:07PM
    Options
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been playing with 7 heavy: 2 tk/slimecraw, martial knowledge, blessed meridia, with snb willpower. 5 sturdy/2 impen. Huge resists, surprisingly sustainable. Atro mundus and two regen glyphs. considering adding swift and race against time for extra mobility or just immovable speed pots might do the trick.

Front bar (currently 2h, I was using fm, but will probably look into destro staff): Toppling/javelin /sweeps/dark flare/radiant/ dawnbreaker.

Back bar: Purifying light/Total dark/ restoring focus/ extended ritual/breath of life/remembrance.

The tactic is to build a house with only so many degrees of access. Hitting 30k resists, with total dark and the meridia proc and natural ability to block makes for decent tankiness, while a toppling charge followed by dawnbreaker usually procs martial knowledge, empowering the dawnbreaker. Not enough mobility for openworld yet.
    Edited by Metemsycosis on September 26, 2018 6:55PM
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been playing with 7 heavy: 2 tk/slimecraw, martial knowledge, blessed meridia, with snb willpower. 5 sturdy/2 impen. Huge resists, surprisingly sustainable. Atro mundus and two regen glyphs. considering adding swift and race against time for extra mobility or just immovable speed pots might do the trick.

Front bar (currently 2h, I was using fm, but will probably look into destro staff): Toppling/javelin /sweeps/dark flare/radiant/ dawnbreaker.

Back bar: Purifying light/Total dark/ restoring focus/ extended ritual/breath of life/remembrance.

The tactic is to build a house with only so many degrees of access. Hitting 30k resists, with total dark and the meridia proc and natural ability to block makes for decent tankiness, while a toppling charge followed by dawnbreaker usually procs martial knowledge, empowering the dawnbreaker. Not enough mobility for openworld yet.

Any reason why Martial Knowledge?

I tend to think even the very basic Julianos would be a better set, since the 300 SD is up 100% of the time, affects all your skills including heals, and should add more damage than the 2.5% average that Martial would work out to be every 4 seconds, assuming a perfect proc rate.

It would also increase your damage against all enemies in an AoE situation, whereas Martial only affects one enemy every 4 seconds (most proc sets only proc per attack, not per enemy).
    Edited by danno8 on September 26, 2018 7:42PM
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PickleRick wrote: »
    Race against time+FM > Mist form.

Maybe...

But 75% mitigation is really, really, strong...

If I'm outnumbered, give me Mist Form over RaT/FM....

I wonder how many Sorc's are looking at that play style right now?
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    "Emo Soldier"

LMAO

PERFECT! :D
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I switched last night to vamp and mist for now. Block canceling mist at times when I want the mag regen and run it into an extended ritual afterwards if I have a lot of snares/roots and debuffs on me. Also went to 5 heavy with transmution, skoria, and shacklebreaker. Might go farm Surge and replace shacklebreaker, and runnind lightning destro/resto. Have to give the build some time.
    Options
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5/1/1 LA
    2 Shadowrend

Stats
    24k hp
    33k Mag
    15 k stam
    3780 SD (buffed)
    4300 crit resist
    20700 spell resist
    18200 physical resist.

I'm wanting to try this what trait do you use on the 2 hander and spell damage glyph or no?
    Options