Magplar PvP

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @TheDoomsdayMonster quite simply, I don’t need those things to deal with shields now and adding armor mitigation to them won’t change that. We also have larger burst windows because you can’t instantly get Harness or hardened up.

Considering I’ll also be able to build more damage next patch and get extra crit damage in shields too, they’ll basically be irrelevant as far as making build decisions goes.

The overall increased damage you’ll see when outnumbered and the lack of functional damage shields as well as Soldier of Anguish all push me towards heavy armor. If BoL can crit upwards of 15k then losing 5500 of that healing isn’t the end of the world.

Also, you’re misinterpreting the Major Evasion change, it’s a net nerf for Major Evasion
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 19, 2018 1:30AM
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    @TheDoomsdayMonster quite simply, I don’t need those things to deal with shields now and adding armor mitigation to them won’t change that. We also have larger burst windows because you can’t instantly get Harness or hardened up.

Considering I’ll also be able to build more damage next patch and get extra crit damage in shields too, they’ll basically be irrelevant as far as making build decisions goes.

The overall increased damage you’ll see when outnumbered and the lack of functional damage shields as well as Soldier of Anguish all push me towards heavy armor. If BoL can crit upwards of 15k then losing 5500 of that healing isn’t the end of the world.

Also, you’re misinterpreting the Major Evasion change, it’s a net nerf for Major Evasion

Its a nerf in some ways, but a buff in others...

The way I see it, its effectiveness has shifted from Direct Damage to AoE; so what does that mean?

Well, last I looked, there are more hard hitting AoE Ults to worry about (like Dawnbreaker, Destro Ult, Devouring Swarm, Leap, ect, ect) than there are Direct Damage Ults...

Inaddition Major Evasions mitigation will be much more consist; there are times when the current version of Major Evasion does absolutely nothing for you, but with the change it'll always mitigation AoE damage...

The change will definitely make Major Evasion much more effective vs Wardens and Templars for sure...

Now you will lose effectiveness vs Light Attack spammers and Ults like Incap (which is very significant) as well as the ability to passively dodge Direct Damage attacks that have CC attached to them (like a Spear from a Stamplar), but you gotta give to get...

So is it a net nerf to Major Evasion like you say?

I think that is very debatable...

It may very well be a buff as I think it is...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on September 19, 2018 2:54AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The way I see it, its effectiveness has shifted from Direct Damage to AoE; so what does that mean?

Well, last I looked, there are more hard hitting AoE Ults to worry about (like Dawnbreaker, Destro Ult, Devouring Swarm, Leap, ect, ect) than there are Direct Damage Ults...

Inaddition Major Evasions mitigation will be much more consist; there are times when the current version of Major Evasion does absolutely nothing for you, but with the change it'll always mitigation AoE damage...

The change will definitely make Major Evasion much more effective vs Wardens and Templars for sure...

Now you will lose effectiveness vs Light Attack spammers and Ults like Incap (which is very significant) as well as the ability to passively dodge Direct Damage attacks that have CC attached to them (like a Spear from a Stamplar), but you gotta give to get...

It’s a nerf buddy, trust me. Especially when taken in the context of some of the new sets. 500 spell damage on a single target... yikes
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s a nerf buddy, trust me. Especially when taken in the context of some of the new sets. 500 spell damage on a single target... yikes

That set is concerning...

I'm already planning on Misting away from people that use that set against me; especially if its clear you got that effect on you...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lexxypwns

Although on 2nd thought, that set is only marginally better damage wise than War Maiden (400 for War Maiden vs 500 for this one) so withstanding attacks from someone using this wont be so bad...

It'll hurt worse than someone using War Maiden, but not way worse...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    SneaK wrote: »
    The new magic bone pirate looks like it could be a decent set for magplars. Stamplars could be nasty next patch but I can’t help but think major evasion change might be a slap in the face to the class.

If you ever fought someone using sweeps and jabs while having blade cloak up you know it makes a big difference.

Mag BP will be interesting. I’m curious if we’ll be able to get high enough stam by just running tri glyphs though, otherwise might have to pair with shackle.

Mag BP/Innate with the new ulti might be nasty.

7x tri glyphs 1x triune ring is like 15k stam and lets you still run 2x swift.

I think it’ll really shine with Shackle though as you can run 7x tri glyphs 2x swift 1x Infused all damage and Balorgh. Tons of offense and limitless sustain there

Would you run heavy or light armor with this setup?

Heavy. My venture into light Magplar died when they added a cast time to shields

I will still probably run light armor magplar with defensive sets. I’ve never used damage shields on magplars as i’ve never felt that it would increase survivability more than the cleanse, BoL, and mist, which it competes with in slots.

I am unsure of how common the heal negating set would be though. Since it requires melee skills to proc, i doubt it’d be as common as sloads.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
    Options
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am tired of being an argonian, but im scared that i’ve become too reliant on the racial passives for the stam sustain. Anyone making solo play work as a non-argonian?

Options
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    I am tired of being an argonian, but im scared that i’ve become too reliant on the racial passives for the stam sustain. Anyone making solo play work as a non-argonian?

Yes, as a high elf. Dozens of videos on my YT, first as an imperial, then I race changed to high elf. Bretons are amaze for magplars too. Stam sustain isn't usually an issue with sets like bloodspawn, shacklebreaker and amberplasm. Doesn't have to be a set either. You could use a stam regen glpyh or have repentance slotted somewhere also.Just can't be carefree with the stamina pool though either, gotta just use it a lil smarter. Tri pots and heavy attacking help too of course.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »

I make it work as a Breton...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm maybe dunmer aint that bad as well. The Breton passives arent that nice imo. I wish they’d buff the cost reduction to be on par with high elf recovery.

Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    xGhost91x wrote: »
    On the new Sweep change: do you guys think it will be worth it to run it over Dawnbreaker?
    Why did (most) stamplars not run Crescent before? It wasn't the damage -- which was always on par with DBOS -- it was the hitbox. It's small and unreliable. The new morphs are definitely worth experimenting with, but the core problem with the skill hasn't been changed.

Ummmm....DBOS did more damage, did WAY more against anyone who was Vampire and has a Freakin Stun

The advantage of Crescent (and its only advantage) was that it cost less....

Options
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new magic bone pirate looks like it could be a decent set for magplars. Stamplars could be nasty next patch but I can’t help but think major evasion change might be a slap in the face to the class.

If you ever fought someone using sweeps and jabs while having blade cloak up you know it makes a big difference.

Mag BP will be interesting. I’m curious if we’ll be able to get high enough stam by just running tri glyphs though, otherwise might have to pair with shackle.

I think it’ll really shine with Shackle though as you can run 7x tri glyphs 2x swift 1x Infused all damage and Balorgh. Tons of offense and limitless sustain there
    Came back to a mag bp takeover, so it begins.

I’d actually prefer this set with the traditional snb front bar with all tri glyphs. Then go 2h back bar for forward momentum. Or resto.

I’m thinking defensive posture could be a decent skill to slot next update for extra block mitigation. And if you don’t care about running a monster set asylum snb is an option but could be overkill. If not I’d go skoria, grothdar, bloodspawn and KENA could be really good. Note: I wouldn’t run no monster helm in heavy, only light.

Sets you could pair it up would be spell power cure, shackle, overwhelming, axiom etc.

Anyways those are my off the top thoughts.

@Lexxypwns - Thought roughly the same thing last night so went and crafted my Shackle jewellery.
    I was trying to decide if I'd use Balorgh, Skoria or whatever and like @CatchMeTrolling started wondering if this would make Kena viable.

Should be interesting. I imagine in BGs where engagement time is usually low, it might be very strong and in CP campaigns, it'll probably be easier to manage consistent burst windows over something tied to a specific trigger like Balorgh, or something as unpredictable as Skoria; Of course this is providing that MagBP/Shackle/Drink/etc offer enough recovery, at least whilst you're not in overkill.

Then again, Dawny isn't exactly expensive.
    Edited by BNOC on September 19, 2018 9:26AM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Heavy. My venture into light Magplar died when they added a cast time to shields

I've never run Sheilds on my magplar so it won't effect me much ... But that said even I was like wtf ... 1 second cast time ... Now you've lost the plot
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

I've never run Sheilds on my magplar so it won't effect me much ... But that said even I was like wtf ... 1 second cast time ... Now you've lost the plot

I like the change...

There are few things in ESO as cheap and frustrating as the MagSorc/MagBlade that you get to Deaths Door only to have them Shield Spam until they are able to recover...

Now dat @ss is mines!!!!!

;,,,,;

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on September 19, 2018 11:20AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would you stop Light Armor?

Now that Shields can be Critted, that 4884 Spell Penetration and 10% Spell Crit is going to be very valuable...

Inaddition, if you are built correctly, this is a buff to Shields...

For example, given my high constant Resists, the Combat Physician Damage Shields strength will be 44% greater against Magical Attacks and 35% stronger against Physical...

Shields can still work, but you cant go glass canon as before and be successful with them; your base defenses still must be decent...

Radiant ward maybe going to give you some extra protection:

Base damage taken is 15k, damage shield is 3450 (23k health) and we got minor maim, minor protection, major protection, 19k resists with simple block.

Old calc:
    attack maim shield minor pro maj pro armor basic block
    (15,000*(1-(15)/100)-3450)*(1-(8)/100))*(1-(25)/100)*(1-(19000/662)/100)*(1-(50)/100)=
    (15,000*(0.85)-3450)*(0.92)*(0.75)*(0.71)*(0.50)= 2278

New Calc
    attack maim armor shield minor pro maj pro basic block
    (15,000*(1-(15)/100)*(1-(19000/662)/100)-3450)*(1-(8)/100))*(1-(25)/100)*(1-(50)/100)=
    (15,000*(0.85)*(0.71)-3450) *(0.92)*(0.71)*(0.50) = 1829

If you don't block its:
    - 4556 (live)
    - 3659 (pts)

Crit works exactly as it usually does, except multiply the crit dmg modifer after the damage then maim, etc.

It looks like it will front load the armor equation making it more important source of mitigation (with minor ma
    Xsorus wrote: »
    On the new Sweep change: do you guys think it will be worth it to run it over Dawnbreaker?
    Why did (most) stamplars not run Crescent before? It wasn't the damage -- which was always on par with DBOS -- it was the hitbox. It's small and unreliable. The new morphs are definitely worth experimenting with, but the core problem with the skill hasn't been changed.

Ummmm....DBOS did more damage, did WAY more against anyone who was Vampire and has a Freakin Stun

The advantage of Crescent (and its only advantage) was that it cost less....

If they can get the CP bugs to be fixed, Cresant can crit and have the penetration it needs to be higher damage than dbos.

The stun is generally the reason to run dbos on magplar. Otherwise most run other options.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

I like the change...

There are few things in ESO as cheap and frustrating as the MagSorc/MagBlade that you get to Deaths Door only to have them Shield Spam until they are able to recover...

;,,,,;

Great from a PvP aspect ... Not from a pve one though ... It's gonna screw a lot of players for a while till they adapt
    Options
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that Hardened Ward and Annulment so far are the only shields with the cast time - Healing Ward, Bone Shield and the various other class shields are still instant. I haven't seen a confirmation that the cast time will be slapped on all of them.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that Hardened Ward and Annulment so far are the only shields with the cast time - Healing Ward, Bone Shield and the various other class shields are still instant. I haven't seen a confirmation that the cast time will be slapped on all of them.

Quick math suggests the instant cast Stell shields with resists will be slightly more mitigation (19-20%) compared to live. Only problem is crits; non shield users still haven't accepted 4k+ as the new minimum in the minor force access meta and this will make shields feel like Doo doo.

Impreg+radiant Ward and maybe a shield set would be tested to make sure. Transmutation will still bea great defense/Regen/utility set for Templars this coming patch.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Quick math suggests the instant cast Stell shields with resists will be slightly more mitigation (19-20%) compared to live. Only problem is crits; non shield users still haven't accepted 4k+ as the new minimum in the minor force access meta and this will make shields feel like Doo doo.

Impreg+radiant Ward and maybe a shield set would be tested to make sure. Transmutation will still bea great defense/Regen/utility set for Templars this coming patch.

I'm assuming you mean 4k crit resistance in CP campaigns? I wonder what the no CP BG equivalent might be.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In my experience Dawnbreaker misses a bunch of times against mobile opponents, particularly those who are very close and right in front and't it's worse now bc/ they have 3 swift on.

I still don't really like any temp ultimate options so prolly will stick with bats.
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if the current changes go live as is, blazing shield builds might make a tiny resurrection...also, who else is drooling over the stamina rune for their magplar >:)
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm assuming you mean 4k crit resistance in CP campaigns? I wonder what the no CP BG equivalent might be.
    yea in CP. And even then it's still not enough because of 1.9 modifiers I can get without sneezing as a templar (and imagine for a nightblade lol).

1.7 modifer in nCP (NB templar targets). 1.6 for all others running minor force.
    1.9 modifer in CP (NB templar targets). 1.8 for all others running minor force.

Impreg for selfish builds. Transmutation for group play. ALL impen with maybe 1 or 2 well fitted to offset the dodge roll/sprint costs. Till they nerf crit dmg modifer again, everyone will need the highest impen values they can get.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    So if the current changes go live as is, blazing shield builds might make a tiny resurrection...also, who else is drooling over the stamina rune for their magplar >:)

According to some testers, your resistance will lower your BS damage since you are lowering the incoming dmg absorbed lol.

In my experience Dawnbreaker misses a bunch of times against mobile opponents, particularly those who are very close and right in front and't it's worse now bc/ they have 3 swift on.

I still don't really like any temp ultimate options so prolly will stick with bats.

I think that is why im liking empowering sweeps; don't need to hit the enemy for major protection, just a duration increase. So for nCP, where we don't have an answer for bleeds since CP is gone, we can at least have a dual offense/defensive ultimate that can help proc burning light if it hits. Frees up our monster set from pirate skele to something offensive on a light armor spec.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

According to some testers, your resistance will lower your BS damage since you are lowering the incoming dmg absorbed lol.

I think that is why im liking empowering sweeps; don't need to hit the enemy for major protection, just a duration increase. So for nCP, where we don't have an answer for bleeds since CP is gone, we can at least have a dual offense/defensive ultimate that can help proc burning light if it hits. Frees up our monster set from pirate skele to something offensive on a light armor spec.

Not sure it matters on BS as long as you take enough damage to pop it, you hit the max you could, right? Need to get on and test.

Bleeds on CP are bad enough as is. I need to I create my CP invested against that as it's in most my non zerged death recaps. Didn't realize the protection buffs covered it
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Not sure it matters on BS as long as you take enough damage to pop it, you hit the max you could, right? Need to get on and test.

Bleeds on CP are bad enough as is. I need to I create my CP invested against that as it's in most my non zerged death recaps. Didn't realize the protection buffs covered it

It probably needs a test for sure.

Bleeds are largely reduced by major protection, minor protection and crit resists. Since it ignores armor and block, most builds have to get something to recoup 20-50% worth of mitigation, and without the already mentioned buffs, that is largely impossible (aside from repositioning and healing).

Most of the nerf bleed threads that suggest bleeds are OP, are because most of those builds run less than 3k crit resists while refusing to run more hots. In nCP that translates to like 1800 crit resists when everyone is getting like 1.6-1.7 modifers lol (4080 or 4760 cR). I think the sweet spot you want is like 10% modifer to hit you only or anything under 15%. Otherwise you will take a 20% dmg increase if attacks crit and dots are notorious for crit dmg. Trans+ 6 impen with CP and 1 well fitted is about 4101 CR (exactly 60%). Impreg gets you the full 70-80% reduction.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bleeds are largely reduced by major protection, minor protection and crit resists. Since it ignores armor and block, most builds have to get something to recoup 20-50% worth of mitigation, and without the already mentioned buffs, that is largely impossible (aside from repositioning and healing).

Most of the nerf bleed threads that suggest bleeds are OP, are because most of those builds run less than 3k crit resists while refusing to run more hots. In nCP that translates to like 1800 crit resists when everyone is getting like 1.6-1.7 modifers lol (4080 or 4760 cR). I think the sweet spot you want is like 10% modifer to hit you only or anything under 15%. Otherwise you will take a 20% dmg increase if attacks crit and dots are notorious for crit dmg. Trans+ 6 impen with CP and 1 well fitted is about 4101 CR (exactly 60%). Impreg gets you the full 70-80% reduction.

That's a lot of crit resist. Without impreg; I sit at 2500 or so with full impen. I have some optimization I could do with CP but I don't think I'd hit much more with it.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a lot of crit resist. Without impreg; I sit at 2500 or so with full impen. I have some optimization I could do with CP but I don't think I'd hit much more with it.

1.35 modifer or 1.20 using trans. 2250 bleed tick versus 1999. With major protection/minor, 1449 versus 1287.

Definitely do what makes you feel comfortable! 2500 works if you got that hot with a way to reposition.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I like the change...

;,,,,;

You say that now, but the same mentality that got shields basically ruined exists about templars and healing. Just substitute "BoL Spam" for "Shield Spam". I bet they start clamoring for cast times on BoL before the month is over.
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

I like the change...

;,,,,;

You say that now, but the same mentality that got shields basically ruined exists about templars and healing. Just substitute "BoL Spam" for "Shield Spam". I bet they start clamoring for cast times on BoL before the month is over.

I don't crutch off of BoL...

If they nerf it I'll survive...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Of course you don't need BoL for survival when you spend most of your time in Cyrodil in Mist Form. :trollface:
    Options