KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »
    Does the Elegance set or Empower synergize well with Elemental Weapon?

No, it’s a separate instance of damage and isn’t buffed by light attack damage bonuses

"your next Light Attack used within 2 seconds to deal an additional 6177 Magic Damage"

This makes me think that there is still a base light attack under the skill damage. Would that at least be buffed?

It’s not a light attack. I’ve tested a lot of stuff with EW. It scales on magika+Spell damage, Spell crit, Spell pen, MAA, ele expert, and Minor/major berserk(and vulnerability)

So you confirmed that there is no regular light attack under the EW damage after it's cast? That is weird, I guess they thought it would be too OP for a spammable.

Your light attack exists, deals damage, procs glyphs, etc.

The easier explanation is that EW is like an an enchant, your light attack registers damage and the server checks to see if it should proc an enchant and if it should proc EW damage.

If your light attack does 2.5k and your enchant does 2.5k and Elemental Weapons does 6.5k you can have them all land at the same time WITH another skill.

This is how ranged Magplar builds burst, you get your DoTs running, apply PL, do whatever rotation, then time an EW-LA-Reach to hit as PL explodes. Ideally you’ll have Reflective/Vamps bane, Reach, Burning, and entropy all ticking then have reach-LA-EW-PL and Radiant all going off in basically the same second, it’s actually a whole lot to try to deal with as you can burst 20k+ with no ultimate and Beam will execute the people that try to CC break and instantly dodge roll.

Well if the light attack exists then why is it not affected by Empower or Elegance?

It does, it just doesn't buff the ele weapon skill. The light attack is its own damage

Precisely. Elegance will only boost the light attack damage not the other instances of damage attached to it; enchant or ele weapon.

Well that's exactly what I was assuming in the first place lol.

Anyway, I can't think of a better set if I'm going to be spamming light attacks. I'm trying a build with Elegance and War Maiden and will follow your burst combo advice. Thanks for the tips.

War Maiden isn't great for that, depending on how you setup your ranged build.
    A build that’s fun and different I feel some should try is:
    5 shacklebreaker body light
    5 spell power cure (jewelry and sword and board backbar or however you match it)
    1 grothdarr (or whatever max mag one piece you got perfect trait)
    1 domihaus (puts us about 15k ish stam so we can run witchmothers or blue max food)
    1 willpower Lightning infused (I prefer this because I love blockade on my magplar)
    Run this with 5l 1m 1h and it’s a cool build to play around with if you got sets laying around. Only downside you run mage light, entropy, and meteor front bar. I drop vamps bane because I get the crit elsewhere. It’s a build pushing mag magic so I suggest using mage Mundus. Let me know your criticism of the build.

I can't remember since it's been so long, but do sweeps/ritual kick off SPC or does it have to come from a direct heal?
    Regardless of whether it does or not, Julianos would be better for example (When out of a group & providing you're giving them the buff regularly) - Solo, there's no reason to run SPC.

The build is alright and will probably manage but I don't think it'll compete with some of the other builds posted on here - It seems to offer very little offence and not really much more defence.

The way I’m proccing it and using the max magic bonuses no other set brings more damage to my build. Unless I ran burning spell weave but the uptime kills it compared to spc. I also have willpower on the front bar for more max. Defense is important yes but I don’t have to defend against a target on the ground. People don’t expect huge damage from a Templar. Just some creativity I felt like sharing. Templar has a nice synergy with sets that proc on the back bar like trans or spc.
    And the offence it provides comes from purifying light, blockade and sweeps. Packs a punch at 55k max and almost 3k spell power.
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if I play in light I have to build with 1 maybe 2 defensive sets other wise it's hard to get off the back bar and go offensive
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    if I play in light I have to build with 1 maybe 2 defensive sets other wise it's hard to get off the back bar and go offensive

Typically you need to wear at least 2 Defensive Sets if you going to wear Light Armor as a Magplar (unless you want to go full glass canon of course)...

You can get away with wearing only 1 if you really know what you are doing and play conservatively; I have been experimenting with such a build, and it's alot of fun, but it can't stand up to a prolonged attack...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »

Typically you need to wear at least 2 Defensive Sets if you going to wear Light Armor as a Magplar (unless you want to go full glass canon of course)...

You can get away with wearing only 1 if you really know what you are doing and play conservatively; I have been experimenting with such a build, and it's alot of fun, but it can't stand up to a prolonged attack...

You need 0 if you run 3x swift and 2h. Just get enough magika for harness to be useful and slot rapid regen.

@BNOC the reason to run SPC solo is because it’s a single bar set and lets you run either Willpower jewels or front bar weapon
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 14, 2018 7:02PM
    Options
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    daemonor wrote: »
    To save new thread space I'll ask here.

I wanted to try magplar pvp and I have a *** for malubeth, would it fit into any build? Or Zaan/Skoria is da wei?
    Other sets I've been wanting to try were transmutation, shacklebreaker, cyrodil's light, overwhelimg surge and innate axiom.
    Playstyle - wise im thinking 5 heavy and swift jewels with jabs and destro (for ele drain) coupled with SnB?

Imo, Balorgh is BiS for Magplar offense. It’s hard to go from defense to offense traditionally so it’s not uncommon to have 300+ ult by the time you’re ready to use an offensive ult.

Allright well monster set wise i can try all of them prolly cause I have all of them laying around anyway, but what about rest of the sets? Definitely don't wanna feel like I wasted 150 stones transmuting *** set to swiftness that I can't even use on any other build.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wanted to try magplar pvp and I have a *** for malubeth, would it fit into any build? Or Zaan/Skoria is da wei?
    Other sets I've been wanting to try were transmutation, shacklebreaker, cyrodil's light, overwhelimg surge and innate axiom.
    Playstyle - wise im thinking 5 heavy and swift jewels with jabs and destro (for ele drain) coupled with SnB?

Imo, Balorgh is BiS for Magplar offense. It’s hard to go from defense to offense traditionally so it’s not uncommon to have 300+ ult by the time you’re ready to use an offensive ult.

Allright well monster set wise i can try all of them prolly cause I have all of them laying around anyway, but what about rest of the sets? Definitely don't wanna feel like I wasted 150 stones transmuting *** set to swiftness that I can't even use on any other build.

When PTS drops next week, test out all of these on your own. If swift looks good to you, then waste the stones to transmute.

Honestly, don't do swift if you think it is too expensive for you.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

When PTS drops next week, test out all of these on your own. If swift looks good to you, then waste the stones to transmute.

I mean, 150 stones is like 9 days of doing pledges
    Options
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭

Well I put it this way, - i just cashed in with the montly pvp rewards so now im sitting at 600 stones, but taking into consideraton that they're not that super easy to get when you need them I'd still hold back at wasting them completely.
    That being said I tried swift on my heavy orc stamsorc and there's literally no other trait I'd rather have.
    Options
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently running 3 offensive sets on my magplar. I didnt notice a huge difference in survivibility tbh.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xskinzcity wrote: »
    I'm currently running 3 offensive sets on my magplar. I didnt notice a huge difference in survivibility tbh.

Maybe it depends on the 'particulars' of your build and playstyle...

I have both 3 Offensive and 3 Defensive Set builds that I utilize and the difference between them is night and day...

As you'd expect, the 3 Offensive Set build is pure glass canon, and hits like a Thermonuclear Warhead while the 3 Defensive Set build can survive a Nuclear Winter...

The critical difference between the two is that the Offense of the 3 Defensive Set build is better than the Defense of the 3 Offensive Set build...if that makes any sense.

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just wanted to say love this thread. As a Magplar player of 4 years, its' always nice to see if I'm on the same wavelength as the other old school Magplars.

My only thing to add would be if you're offensive minded, get at least 2 swift. It's a game changer.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been using Temporal Guard ulti on back bar and think the passives are nice.
    Options
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can easily get by with only transmutation as my defense set in light armor.
    And yeah temporal guard is great.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on September 15, 2018 11:57AM
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want to say this thread is remarkably productive and respectful. It's pretty cool.

Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • xGhost91x
    xGhost91x
    I honestly didn't think this thread would blow up the way it did. Lots of great information. My gameplay has definitely improved.
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel like transmutation is more so a utility set, I’m using it now but I wouldn’t compare it to sets like wizards, reactive and pariah which all give mitigation before a crit.

Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How? The last time I did a pledge I got 1 stone lol

I'm probably missing something here, but I've never gotten more than 1 stone for each pledge. PvP on the other hand I've gotten 10 or 4 each day with the 50 each month.

I think Swift is great but I would recommend a new player wasting stones unless they get used to magplar a bit.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to say this thread is remarkably productive and respectful. It's pretty cool.

That's why Templar got some good buffs this patch ;)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Templar ult rework Monday. Get hyped.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel like transmutation is more so a utility set, I’m using it now but I wouldn’t compare it to sets like wizards, reactive and pariah which all give mitigation before a crit.

Crit reduction happens before it hits you. If the enemy crits, it's pulling the modifier before it hits your armor (which is next on the list).

DMG mitigation is still important though, reduce DMG they're reduces crit potential. Restoring rune + trans or trans + pirate Skeleton are currently the best combos. I'm liking restoring + trans, with an offense monster helm (DMG and just enough defense).
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crit reduction happens before it hits you. If the enemy crits, it's pulling the modifier before it hits your armor (which is next on the list).

DMG mitigation is still important though, reduce DMG they're reduces crit potential. Restoring rune + trans or trans + pirate Skeleton are currently the best combos. I'm liking restoring + trans, with an offense monster helm (DMG and just enough defense).

I’m not talking about calculations but the fact those sets work against normal attacks, while trans is meant to lower overall crit damage. Trans doesn’t make someone tanky.

Options
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It might be swift that helps me feel so survivable this patch plus the fact I always forgot to rebuff channeled focus every 8 secs before.
    I like how impen mitigate all types of damages compared to normal resistances.
    I wouldn't run it in no cp but in cp I'd reckon most players have over 40 percent critchance and 1.60 critbonus.
    Being able to completely negate that bonus makes me quite survivable.
    But yeah the sets you listed would prolly make me tankier overall.
    I will try out pariah but I feel I'm gonna lose too much damage since I cant run 3 spelldamage enchants for my build then.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on September 15, 2018 3:46PM
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

How? The last time I did a pledge I got 1 stone lol

I'm probably missing something here, but I've never gotten more than 1 stone for each pledge. PvP on the other hand I've gotten 10 or 4 each day with the 50 each month.

I think Swift is great but I would recommend a new player wasting stones unless they get used to magplar a bit.

And how many characters do you have?

3 pledges, X characters. 3 stones per character, say 5 characters that’s 15 stones per day which would be 10 days.
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It might be swift that helps me feel so survivable this patch plus the fact I always forgot to rebuff channeled focus every 8 secs before.
    I like how impen mitigate all types of damages compared to normal resistances.
    I wouldn't run it in no cp but in cp I'd reckon most players have over 40 percent critchance and 1.60 critbonus.
    Being able to completely negate that bonus makes me quite survivable.
    But yeah the sets you listed would prolly make me tankier overall.
    I will try out pariah but I feel I'm gonna lose too much damage since I cant run 3 spelldamage enchants for my build then.

I’m not advocating for you to wear those sets, I’m saying in my opinion trans isn’t a defense set. If you’re squishy in light , you’ll still be squishy but trans will reduce your chance of getting bursted down by crits. Personally feel like trans is really good when your basic mitigation is high.
    Options
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You prefer that combo over heavy this patch?
    Quite a few people I know that used WR and pirate before the wr nerf switched to heavy.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on September 15, 2018 4:04PM
    Options
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whaaaaat?

That would be great
    Options
  • xGhost91x
    xGhost91x

WAIT, are we really getting an Ult rework? I can finally use it over Dawnbreaker?
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah will cost 200 ult
    Options
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been trying to make a build without vamp but still have a lot of damage and can take a hit and possible to 1vx. Here’s another build I guess I’ll share since I’ve actually really loved this build.
    2x pirate skeleton (2 light because we don’t get a bunch of cost reduction in heavy)
    5x wyrd tree (heavy on body pieces, easily obtainable, great stats)
    5x transmutation (jewelry and sword and board backbar)
    2x willpower front bar (I use lightning for fat Dawnbreakers and having access to ele drain and lightning blockade)
    On my jewelry I run
    1 cost reduction
    2 spell damage
    1 Swift
    2 arcane
    For food I typically run witchmothers, and stam speed immovables for pots.
    High elf race.
    I wouldn’t dare call it the best but it’s really fun and in a 1vx situation when you’re spamming jabs on your front bar and wyrd tree is purifying a sorcs curses, or a dks dots is pretty nice lmao. I use like 4 sturdy on this build because we’re already pretty beefed up. Mundus depends how you play and your race. Let me know your insight guys, and what you think of the wyrd tree set. Constructive criticism is highly appreciated.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You prefer that combo over heavy this patch?
    Quite a few people I know that used WR and pirate before the wr nerf switched to heavy.

We didn't get anything magically changed to quickly change from LA back to heavy.

Crit reduction is really important this patch due to widely available minor force patch (I can get 90% in my CP Templar.)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options