Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Magplar PvP

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Been running Gankplar again >:) still just as good, almost better due to race against time psijic skill...5 warmaiden/5 Julianos/2slimecrawl, 4 divine 3 infused, lover mundus... biggest flare since patch: 22k

Hot. Need some juicy vids to see those 22k DF's touch players lol

I don't record videos but:

flare_22k.jpg

That's from this patch. I have oodles of 17-20k flare screenshots, but they aren't super interesting.

combo1.jpg

That's a much more "typical" gank I get on a regular basis. If you get lucky and land a crit flare, it's gravy.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Steadfast Hero (Heavy)
    2: Physical Resistance
    3: Spell Resistance
    4: Max Health
    5: When you cleanse a negative effect from yourself or an ally, gain Major Protection for 5 seconds, reducing your damage taken by 30%. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

I can't wait to try this set, along with with the new Crescent Sweep. :smile:
    Options
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the patch will cause some major shifts in the meta. On first glance the changes ( mostly those to other classes ) and the new item sets should help MagTemps to move up in the world, some really sweet stuff in there.

That set putting a +500 spell damage rune on the enemy after a light attack must be nuts with the Elemental Weapon RangePlar.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Steadfast Hero (Heavy)
    5: When you cleanse a negative effect from yourself or an ally, gain Major Protection for 5 seconds, reducing your damage taken by 30%. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

I was thinking that too.

Even running empowering sweeps might be decent. Trade burst ultimate damage for major protection for 7s (if you hit one enemy) on a 75 cost ultimate.

Lets you run LA, an offensive monster set and still have the defenses you need.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey guys i want to make a topic about getting help on my magplar after i've switched from stamplar cuz it sucks even tho i loved it. I don't want to write a wall of text that nobody will read so i'd like to ask

how is done that kind of picture that shows everything about ur character from gear used to spells in a single image.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steadfast Hero (Heavy)

I was thinking that too.

Even running empowering sweeps might be decent. Trade burst ultimate damage for major protection for 7s (if you hit one enemy) on a 75 cost ultimate.

I'm a bit annoyed that they switched this actually. Just created a build around it. What does the magicka morph do now anyway?
    Options
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    66% more damage to enemies in front of you. No complaints from me. :blush:
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool. Does that count for the dot as well?
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feyziness wrote: »
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Feyziness wrote: »
    Want to ask the magplar enthusiasts here of their opinion on running
    5 Cyrodills light/ 5 innate axiom Heavy/ valkyn or pirates. Do you guys think it’s feasible and if not what would be your recommendation for one offensive and one defensive set? I’d perefer to play in light but have no clue on how to make that happen.

I'd swap axiom for soul shine ....
    Or cyrodis light for another damager set and go all offencive

I'm actually doing just that ... But mainly for BGs

Are you running 5 light or heavy?
    Also, how’s the sustain with two offensive sets that trade higher stat pool and recovery for damage?

5 light, 1H,1M.

Sustain is great ... My biggest struggle is the killing blow ... I can get them to the lower limits of health but either some one steals my kill (BG) or they turtle up n take everything I hit them with on the precipice of death until my resources force me to back off then it's an evil back n fourth until my arthritis causes my hands to scream out and give up
    Options
  • Avnr
    Avnr
    ✭✭✭
    Make room for all sorc

Change class to lizard or stay high elf?

Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steadfast Hero (Heavy)

I was thinking that too.

I'm a bit annoyed that they switched this actually. Just created a build around it. What does the magicka morph do now anyway?

How can you build around an ultimate that scalled off the wrong penetration

only the initial hit.

This was the version of the ability previously mag based till stamplars complained they didnt have enough stamina morphs. Then zos did a lazy change to shut them up giving us the version on live.

- Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steadfast Hero (Heavy)

I was thinking that too.

only the initial hit.

This was the version of the ability previously mag based till stamplars complained they didnt have enough stamina morphs. Then zos did a lazy change to shut them up giving us the version on live.

I mean I was building around the damage reduction. The mag damage didn't hurt.
    Edited by Datolite on September 17, 2018 9:44PM
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    hey guys i want to make a topic about getting help on my magplar after i've switched from stamplar cuz it sucks even tho i loved it. I don't want to write a wall of text that nobody will read so i'd like to ask

how is done that kind of picture that shows everything about ur character from gear used to spells in a single image.
    It’s from an addon named Superstar. Once you install it just bind it to a key in your Controls and then press that key to bring up the info on your character.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new magic bone pirate looks like it could be a decent set for magplars. Stamplars could be nasty next patch but I can’t help but think major evasion change might be a slap in the face to the class.

If you ever fought someone using sweeps and jabs while having blade cloak up you know it makes a big difference.
    Options
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medium armor stamplar using shuffle and empowering sweep hmm...

Looks like we have been buffed as similar mitigation amount of the new evasion. New Spear Wall passive looks neat.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy *** by the looks of this thread, I think everyone and their brother is switching to magplar

damn
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring on the fotm cycle, we've survived it before and we will again.
    Options
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    Holy *** by the looks of this thread, I think everyone and their brother is switching to magplar

damn

Same people in this thread that have been in here for 3 months (Y)

Since the inception of this thread, all I've seen here is a solid bunch of players that don't feel it pivotal to chase the meta around to compete - I like that and hope it doesn't change.

Though, as you expect, the sheep may just flock.
    Edited by BNOC on September 18, 2018 11:21AM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
    Options
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah been a magplar main for a little over a year now, and it's like people are "discovering" how good the class is just now.

Options
  • Navras
    Navras
    ✭✭✭
    Magplar \ Healplar main since ever (even if I enjoy stamblade as well).

We've been through hell, we won't regret some time in Heaven, right?
    EU-PC
    cp 1500+
    Flawless Conqueror & Spirit Slayer

Main: Templar
    Alt: Stamblade, StamDK
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah been a magplar main for a little over a year now, and it's like people are "discovering" how good the class is just now.

A little over a year? Man; you never even seen the magplar heyday. Of course, its been like 3 years so; kind of crazy to think about it.

It has picked up some popularity lately before these latest notes; and a lot of it is old magplar mains and swift has eased some of the pain there. A few went stamplar over time but A LOT of magplar mains rerolled sorcs when Morrowind came out so I expect to see an influx again.
    Options
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

A little over a year? Man; you never even seen the magplar heyday. Of course, its been like 3 years so; kind of crazy to think about it.

It has picked up some popularity lately before these latest notes; and a lot of it is old magplar mains and swift has eased some of the pain there. A few went stamplar over time but A LOT of magplar mains rerolled sorcs when Morrowind came out so I expect to see an influx again.

I was a magsorc main during beta up to switching to magplar about a year ago so im familiar with the magplar "heyday." But of course, that was also the time where Stam DKs were kings as well!

Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how many people will look down on Spectre's Eye now...

I know Templars and Wardens wont...

Nor will anyone using AoE Ultimates...

;)
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on September 18, 2018 2:45PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steadfast Hero (Heavy)

I was thinking that too.

only the initial hit.

ok cool! thanks for clarifying!
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steadfast Hero (Heavy)

I was thinking that too.

only the initial hit.

Np, though tbh honest until they fix the sweep so it actually hits players, I don't think it's very viable. I wanted to boost pirate skeleton with another potential 23+% DR (before diminishing returns) by using sweep and Indomitable Fury synergy (solid up time and added DPS).
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Steadfast Hero (Heavy)

I was thinking that too.

only the initial hit.

Np, though tbh honest until they fix the sweep so it actually hits players, I don't think it's very viable. I wanted to boost pirate skeleton with another potential 23+% DR (before diminishing returns) by using sweep and Indomitable Fury synergy (solid up time and added DPS).

With the shield wall passive change, I don't think Indom Fury on sweeps magplar is a great choice. If you are using sweeps as a spammable you already have high uptime on half of Indom fury's buffs (minor protection).

A different defensive set would probably serve you better in that context.
    Options
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at Sorc patches notes. Looks at Templar patch notes. Looks at Magplar sitting there down on the roster (thanks for toon reordering coming up)

Hi guys!
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steadfast Hero (Heavy)

I was thinking that too.

only the initial hit.

With the shield wall passive change, I don't think Indom Fury on sweeps magplar is a great choice. If you are using sweeps as a spammable you already have high uptime on half of Indom fury's buffs (minor protection).

A different defensive set would probably serve you better in that context.

Good call. I didn't take that into account.
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    Look at Sorc patches notes. Looks at Templar patch notes. Looks at Magplar sitting there down on the roster (thanks for toon reordering coming up)

Hi guys!

You are welcome to join the party (now that multiple Repentances don't conflict with each other)!
    Options
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new magic bone pirate looks like it could be a decent set for magplars. Stamplars could be nasty next patch but I can’t help but think major evasion change might be a slap in the face to the class.

If you ever fought someone using sweeps and jabs while having blade cloak up you know it makes a big difference.

Mag BP will be interesting. I’m curious if we’ll be able to get high enough stam by just running tri glyphs though, otherwise might have to pair with shackle.

Mag BP/Innate with the new ulti might be nasty.

"IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
    Options