The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Buff to medium armor?

• templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t think medium is the problem. I main a 2h/bow medium armor stamplar and I’m fine in open world. The problem is that certain sets in heavy, I.e Fury, Seventh Legion, Ravager, allow you to obtain stats near identical to what you can pull off in medium. This creates a scenario where many people view medium as useless, because they can run sets in heavy to have near the same stats and be tanker.

TL;DR
    Nerf Heavy armor sets that give damage, buff current existing medium armor sets.
    Edited by templesus on July 25, 2018 2:05PM
    Options
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Daus wrote: »
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    Millz wrote: »
    Next the sneak passive. Its useless pve

you not using something does not make it useless.

He meant useless in the content that matters. I'm sure it's quite useful for RPers.

Despite your condescending wording, sneak passive is useful in many cases. Ask any stamblade, for instance.
    It's also extremely useful in legerdemain situations, even my MagDK has a full set of medium armor that I use with the passives for stealing, looting and backstabbing, which is gameplay that many people take part in.
    So no, it is not merely "useful for RPers" as you try and make it.

Edit: And I forgot to mention there's a whole new dungeon coming up where sneaking is one of the main mechanics as well.

Yes I think that the reduce sneak is still crucial but it terms of end game pvp and pve I think it would be better to place the reduce sneak cost else wear, maybe in legerdemain line. When it comes down to it, it doesnt bring alot to the table for surviving or dealing damage in both areas of content, that the majority of the community plays while the minority casual pve crowd uses it. I dont want anything nerfed I just want the survivability more in line with light and heavy armor, as medium is starting to lack more and more. And I read the community wants more and more undodgeable abilities for whatever reason which is killing medium armor.
    Edited by Zelos on July 25, 2018 2:17PM
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my bigger issues with medium armor gameplay vs heavy armor and light armor gameplay is this:

Light armor takes hard cc and need to ccbreak, you take a big chunk of dmg while doing so and get x amount of dots applied to you. When you've broken free you either shield up or purge or instant heal yourself back to no problemo in a matter of seconds.

Heavy armor takes hard cc and need to ccbreak, you take a big(alot is mitigated tho) chunk of dmg while doing so and get x amount of dots applied to you. When you've broken free you either block and heal or block and shield up or block and instantly heal yourself within a few seconds.

Medium armor takes hard cc and need to ccbreak, you take a big chunk of dmg while doing so and get x amount of dots applied to you. When you've broken free you either start applying HoTs and continue trying to dodge a few more times, most of the time youre already too far up ***'creek and you end up dying.

Now ofcourse the 3 scenarios above is merely examples, but in my experience is often an accurate description. .

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    One of my bigger issues with medium armor gameplay vs heavy armor and light armor gameplay is this:

Light armor takes hard cc and need to ccbreak, you take a big chunk of dmg while doing so and get x amount of dots applied to you. When you've broken free you either shield up or purge or instant heal yourself back to no problemo in a matter of seconds.

Heavy armor takes hard cc and need to ccbreak, you take a big(alot is mitigated tho) chunk of dmg while doing so and get x amount of dots applied to you. When you've broken free you either block and heal or block and shield up or block and instantly heal yourself within a few seconds.

Medium armor takes hard cc and need to ccbreak, you take a big chunk of dmg while doing so and get x amount of dots applied to you. When you've broken free you either start applying HoTs and continue trying to dodge a few more times, most of the time youre already too far up ***'creek and you end up dying.

Now ofcourse the 3 scenarios above is merely examples, but in my experience is often an accurate description. .

8% healing received results in better healing than 7% weapon crit and 12% extra WD? I beg to differ.

Also love how heavy armor is stronger than medium armor because block is used yet the same condition isn't shown for either MA or La lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • shinikaze
    shinikaze
    ✭✭✭
    Zelos wrote: »
    I enjoy medium armor but I feel like I'm suffocating in it. PvE and PvP the shuffle needs at least 4 to 5 seconds

You get 23 seconds of major evasion, which is very powerful and long lasting. You're not supposed to re-cast shuffle every 2.5 seconds, the snare and immobilization immunity is extremely powerful in PvP, and you're not supposed to have that up permanently. You asking for perma-immunity to snares and immobilization is way out of balance.

And this ability works at its full power under battlespirit, whereas light armor shield is cut in half for PvP, which is something you forget to mention. Unless you're a shield stacking sorc, that light armor shield is worth nothing in PvP, and I'll happily trade it for a 23 second passive dodge chance and 2.5 seconds of snare and immobilization immunity.

Medium armor is perfectly fine and on par with light armor. Of course you get better survivability from heavy, that's what heavy armor is for. And you also lose a lot of damage potential. The choice is yours.

I don't really want a defensive mechanic based on chance.
    In my opinion Major/minor evasion should be gone. make the base effect of the ability to remove snares and reduce effect of incoming snares by 50% for 10~15 secs.
    Then one morph would add 4.5 sec of snare inmunity +0.5 per medium armor piece .
    The other morph would add minor/major expedition.
    Options
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy medium armor but I feel like I'm suffocating in it. PvE and PvP the shuffle needs at least 4 to 5 seconds

You get 23 seconds of major evasion, which is very powerful and long lasting. You're not supposed to re-cast shuffle every 2.5 seconds, the snare and immobilization immunity is extremely powerful in PvP, and you're not supposed to have that up permanently. You asking for perma-immunity to snares and immobilization is way out of balance.

And this ability works at its full power under battlespirit, whereas light armor shield is cut in half for PvP, which is something you forget to mention. Unless you're a shield stacking sorc, that light armor shield is worth nothing in PvP, and I'll happily trade it for a 23 second passive dodge chance and 2.5 seconds of snare and immobilization immunity.

Medium armor is perfectly fine and on par with light armor. Of course you get better survivability from heavy, that's what heavy armor is for. And you also lose a lot of damage potential. The choice is yours.

Dude, what are you smoking. Do you play stamina classes?

The whole point of medium armor is to AVOID damage. The best way to avoid damage is to LoS & dodge, which evasion does nicely. However, as mentioned numerous times, 2.5s of immunity on near 4k cost skill is not NEARLY enough to supplement the amount of mobility required in medium armor to stay alive. The reason HEAVY armor builds use FM, is because they can AFFORD to drop rally due to the increased healing from heavy armor, in addition to constitution health/resource return. Medium armor CANNOT drop rally, without sacrificing their only burst heal & thus their only chance to recover from being bursted (bar stam warden, which has access to a class stam burst heal. Still 9/10 stamwardens run heavy). So you end up with heavy armor stam builds that can heal more than medium WITHOUT a burst heal, have 8s of snare immunity and thus HIGHER mobility than medium, can take more damage than medium DESPITE being more capable of avoiding it, and generally have better sustain than the same exact setup on a 5med spec via constitution & heavy attack return.

FM and shuffle should have their immunity durations switched. There is no reason a 2h weapon that requires 1 slot should have a skill that outperforms a skill that requires 5 pieces of the weakest armor type to be worn. Sure, major evasion is a broken OP buff in certain scenarios, and in others it literally does nothing (i.e, vs a DW stamsorc). Just because major evasion functions the way it does, does NOT mean that medium shouldn't get some sort of adjustment.

The fact that you cited questing, dark brotherhood/thieves guild content, and the "new dungeon" as reasons why the sneak passive is fine as well makes me cringe. Combat is what needs to be balanced in this game. You cannot possibly balance combat around the needs of "roleplayers, questers, and casuals". That sneak passive should be adjusted to include something relevant to ALL CLASSES, IN COMBAT.

You also compared shuffle not being affected by battle spirit to wards being cut in half by battle spirit. These are two COMPLETELY different things, lol. Wards are the main and direct source of surviving damage on most magicka specs, while HEALING is the main and direct source of surviving damage on most stamina specs. HEALING is, obviously, reduced by battlespirit.

Medium isn't even close in effectiveness to light armor, nor is it to heavy.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
    Options
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most heavy and light armor builds can often only get instagibbed while medium armor can be instagibbed and easily killed by pressure. Devs????

Nb is the only stam class which has a bit build diversity, the other 4 stam classes are locked into the same kind of build, which is sad.
    Edited by Ragnaroek93 on July 25, 2018 4:39PM
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
    Options
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Liam12548

Your selective reading of all my posts makes me very uninterested in engaging in a debate with you over this.

Cheers.
    Options
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Liam12548

Your selective reading of all my posts makes me very uninterested in engaging in a debate with you over this.

Cheers.

You made 3 posts. I read all 3 and touched on each of your major points. The simple fact is; you clearly don't understand what you're talking about. Don't bother debating, judging by what you've written thus far there is no reasonable argument you'll make.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
    Options
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shinikaze wrote: »

In my opinion Major/minor evasion should be gone. make the base effect of the ability to remove snares and reduce effect of incoming snares by 50% for 10~15 secs.
    Then one morph would add 4.5 sec of snare inmunity +0.5 per medium armor piece .

If anything the dodge chance for shuffle is 15% I want no percentages. I want every 4 attacks dodge the 5th one, way more skill in 1v1 and 1vX to do that as each side can count and make the 5th attack always miss. You can predict what will miss and if you make a mistake its your fault, no RNG CRAPP.

@ZOS_Wrobel

CP1200

Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just going to repeat the very obvious buffs that medium armor should get until something is done.

Shuffle immunity duration increased from .5 per medium piece to .75 (maybe 1).

AOE Damage Reduction removed from Blade Cloak and added to Athletics.
    Edited by usmcjdking on July 25, 2018 9:26PM
    Options
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He meant useless in the content that matters. I'm sure it's quite useful for RPers.

Despite your condescending wording, sneak passive is useful in many cases. Ask any stamblade, for instance.
    It's also extremely useful in legerdemain situations, even my MagDK has a full set of medium armor that I use with the passives for stealing, looting and backstabbing, which is gameplay that many people take part in.
    So no, it is not merely "useful for RPers" as you try and make it.

Edit: And I forgot to mention there's a whole new dungeon coming up where sneaking is one of the main mechanics as well.
    I have a stamblade its crap.Also yea sounds like alot of useless RP stuff it should he removed.
    Options
  • skinnycheeks
    skinnycheeks
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind seeing some physical penetration added to the medium tree. Even if it's only 2-3k. For trial scenarios stam dps are forced to run either the lover or a penetration set to hit pen cap where-as magicka users can get their with just passives, CP and debuffs.

This would also further differentiate the choice in pvp to run medium over heavy, as the 12% weapon dmg is currently not much of a damage gain over wearing heavy armor, especially given some of the high wpn dmg bonuses that heavy armor sets have.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as the 12% weapon dmg is currently not much of a damage gain over wearing heavy armor, especially given some of the high wpn dmg bonuses that heavy armor sets have.

Yes. This

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increasing the mobility/evasion should really be priority. Some possibilities
    • Reduce cost of Shuffle. FM is a pretty big trade-off so having Shuffle match duration is overkill. Reducing the cost would create greater mobility without diminishing the value of FM. Most people cast shuffle after a CC break anyways, so a high cost is kind of pointless.
    • Buff Major Evasion back to 20%. Mirage should probably as stay Major Evasion, otherwise NB could stack it. Although stacking Major and Minor Evasion may be acceptable. Would need to test.
    • AoE damage reduction that increases during roll dodge-medium suffers the most from AoE. AoE is more of an inconvenience than a counter in PvP. PvE-wise this would be a welcome change. Thematically, a nimble warrior should be able to dodge a few arrows, even if a hundred fall from the sky. It will still take more damage than heavy, but a little mitigation would help
    • Athletics should increase ALL movement speed by 2% per medium piece. Bonus increases to 3% while Sprinting
    • Add to Agility--Every second you Sprint increases Stamina Recovery by 240 for 1 second after you stop Sprinting, up to a maximum of 3 seconds--this would allow better repositioning without creating an excessive drain on Stamina
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »
    • Reduce cost of Shuffle. FM is a pretty big trade-off so having Shuffle match duration is overkill. Reducing the cost would create greater mobility without diminishing the value of FM. Most people cast shuffle after a CC break anyways, so a high cost is kind of pointless.
    • Buff Major Evasion back to 20%. Mirage should probably as stay Major Evasion, otherwise NB could stack it. Although stacking Major and Minor Evasion may be acceptable. Would need to test.
    • AoE damage reduction that increases during roll dodge-medium suffers the most from AoE. AoE is more of an inconvenience than a counter in PvP. PvE-wise this would be a welcome change. Thematically, a nimble warrior should be able to dodge a few arrows, even if a hundred fall from the sky. It will still take more damage than heavy, but a little mitigation would help
    • Athletics should increase ALL movement speed by 2% per medium piece. Bonus increases to 3% while Sprinting
    • Add to Agility--Every second you Sprint increases Stamina Recovery by 240 for 1 second after you stop Sprinting, up to a maximum of 3 seconds--this would allow better repositioning without creating an excessive drain on Stamina

Those are some good ideas.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Athletics
    Increases the Movement Speed bonus of Sprint by 3% for each piece of Medium Armor equipped.

Reduces the cost of Roll Dodge by 4% for each piece of Medium Armor equipped.

There, I fixed medium armor.

Seriously though, I think just having a certain 40m undodgeable/unblockable CC that shall not be named dodgeable would do wonders towards making medium armor more viable across the board.

Still preaching that message aye....rune is the least of mediums problems. I put up my sorc for several weeks and dusted off my stamplar. Know how many times I died in two weeks to rune cage? 5 total. Care to guess how many times I died to bleed dots, sloads, dawnbreaker and steel tornado? More than I cared to count. But keep on preaching how bad rune cage is.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

Options
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shinikaze wrote: »

If anything the dodge chance for shuffle is 15% I want no percentages. I want every 4 attacks dodge the 5th one, way more skill in 1v1 and 1vX to do that as each side can count and make the 5th attack always miss. You can predict what will miss and if you make a mistake its your fault, no RNG CRAPP.

@ZOS_Wrobel

I had a similar idea.... instead of having unblockable/ undodgeable skills have it to where the first skill you use when entering combat is a guaranteed hit. The rest of them can be blocked or dodged. Once in combat you are guaranteed an unblockable skill once every 20 seconds or so. Could have your skill bar glow to show you that your cooldown has finished.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    Athletics
    Increases the Movement Speed bonus of Sprint by 3% for each piece of Medium Armor equipped.

Seriously though, I think just having a certain 40m undodgeable/unblockable CC that shall not be named dodgeable would do wonders towards making medium armor more viable across the board.

Still preaching that message aye....rune is the least of mediums problems. I put up my sorc for several weeks and dusted off my stamplar. Know how many times I died in two weeks to rune cage? 5 total. Care to guess how many times I died to bleed dots, sloads, dawnbreaker and steel tornado? More than I cared to count. But keep on preaching how bad rune cage is.

5 Total? That sounds like my last BG match alone. 5/6 to Rune Cage 1 to Sload, good times...

Here's the secret on how to avoid bleeds, dawnbreakers & steel tornado: don't be in melee range.

Not ideal I know, but kinda makes me laugh at people who think dodge rollers "need to be countered by Rune Cage".
    Options
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Athletics

5 Total? That sounds like my last BG match alone. 5/6 to Rune Cage 1 to Sload, good times...

Here's the secret on how to avoid bleeds, dawnbreakers & steel tornado: don't be in melee range.

Not ideal I know, but kinda makes me laugh at people who think dodge rollers "need to be countered by Rune Cage".

Part of your problem is that certain bow skills make bow orientated players high on the list of kill first or be killed list. If I'm in an outnumbered situation bow players are the first to go because they hit hard but can be killed fast (most of the time). If I'm not dead after that I work on the other players by levels of how hard they hit vs how squishy they are.
    Edited by usmguy1234 on July 26, 2018 1:16AM
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

Options
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_Wrobel

I had a similar idea.... instead of having unblockable/ undodgeable skills have it to where the first skill you use when entering combat is a guaranteed hit. The rest of them can be blocked or dodged. Once in combat you are guaranteed an unblockable skill once every 20 seconds or so. Could have your skill bar glow to show you that your cooldown has finished.

The predictable dodge is actually a huge nerf. For instance how would that work with DoTs like Jabs? If 1 channel is 1 dodge then how does it mitigate Rend+LA-Jabs+LA-DB? It really only punishes players that can't weave and you shouldn't need help with those.

As for the guaranteed hit, not sure how it would work in practice. Interesting idea but I just don't see i working in ESO. Could you provide a scenario? 20 seconds seems far too long and it could actually make medium more punishing because people would just save their heavy hitting CC (Dizzy/DB/Meteor etc) for when it's unblockable.
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most heavy and light armor builds can often only get instagibbed while medium armor can be instagibbed and easily killed by pressure. Devs????

Nb is the only stam class which has a bit build diversity, the other 4 stam classes are locked into the same kind of build, which is sad.

Not really I mean. Stamsorc and templar can run either med/heavy, plar being more med, sorc being more heavy, but since bleeds exist and are mental when combo'd with the meta, every stam class has a fallback. DK and warden are basically heavy only, but even then its kind of possible to run bleed on it.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are some good ideas.

Thanks. I forgot to include Crit Reduction. Not impen but something like a Minor Reverse-Savagery (Minor Serenity?) that just flat out reduces crits by 8%. It should be harder to hit a vital spot on a mobile opponent. Honestly I think all of my suggestions could be implemented and I doubt medium would be overpowered.

Also the Stam Recovery on Sprint is the wrong value. It's supposed to refund all of 3 seconds of Sprint cost in 5 pc Medium. I think base cost is 480. So in full 7 medium the 3 second dash is a source of Stamina and with CP in Sprinter the 3 second dash would actually grant even more resources. Rewards players for smart positioning and lessens the penalty for over relying on Sprint as a defence. It's late and even though I know all the factors are 2 I can't wrap my head around the math for some reason...

I'd also like if they implemented something similar to Roll Dodge. Something that makes the first Roll Dodge "free" with 5 pc medium. In 7 pcs the first actually gives stamina (more with Tumble CP). It would work similar to Restoring Focus where its an unnamed source of Stamina recovery that restarts every time you roll dodge.

So I think the increase cost buff lasts 5 seconds. Whenever you Roll Dodge you restore 3232 (base roll dodge cost with 5 medium) stamina over 4 seconds. So if you don't dodge roll more than once in 4 seconds it becomes free. If you invest in well-fitted and Tumble you actually gain stamina. Roll dodging again while the stamina recovery is still active resets the 4 seconds, so if you roll dodge twice in 4 seconds you only get 6 seconds of recovery. IDK if this makes sense or if it would compliment or replace Athletics Roll Dodge reduction. If anybody understands my point and thinks it would work please feel free to properly present it lol. Had this idea for a year but for some reason it really confuses me.
    Options
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that matters TO THEM. im not an rper. its still not useless. this is your only argument, that YOU dont find it useful.

There are plenty of abilities i dont use. They should all be changed because i dont use them therefore they are useless
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right after sneak passive has been changed: Cost reduction on cloak please! I can already see it.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MA should not be a tank armor weight by offering crit damage taken reduction or an AoE damage reduction.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on July 26, 2018 8:38AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    I don’t think medium is the problem. I main a 2h/bow medium armor stamplar and I’m fine in open world. The problem is that certain sets in heavy, I.e Fury, Seventh Legion, Ravager, allow you to obtain stats near identical to what you can pull off in medium. This creates a scenario where many people view medium as useless, because they can run sets in heavy to have near the same stats and be tanker.

TL;DR
    Nerf Heavy armor sets that give damage, buff current existing medium armor sets.

In fact, everything wrong with PvP is the fault of heavy armor. Lag is also the fault of heavy armor, Man, if ravager and fury didn't exist, I would totally show those pesky rune cage spamming magsorcs who is boss. I don't get why ZOS can't see this obvious problem.

Edited by Ragnarock41 on July 26, 2018 12:26PM
    Options
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_Wrobel

The predictable dodge is actually a huge nerf. For instance how would that work with DoTs like Jabs? If 1 channel is 1 dodge then how does it mitigate Rend+LA-Jabs+LA-DB? It really only punishes players that can't weave and you shouldn't need help with those.

As for the guaranteed hit, not sure how it would work in practice. Interesting idea but I just don't see i working in ESO. Could you provide a scenario? 20 seconds seems far too long and it could actually make medium more punishing because people would just save their heavy hitting CC (Dizzy/DB/Meteor etc) for when it's unblockable.

Channels would hit for every hit but obviously the distance and los criteria would still exist.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

Options
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MA is just not in line with the survivability right now THIS IS WHAT I HATE THE MOST instead of buffing medium armor for more damage mitigation in whatever way to make it more viable in PvE and stop Light armor mageblade meta, they will NERF them and screw light armor and magicka over COMPLETELY. I dont want that just raise medium armor and dont bring everything else too it. Raise it up. PvP terms MA needs advantages and disadvantage. While still being in line with other armor weights. A AoE damage mitigation while roll dodging makes sense to me maybe a 10% or 15% while dodging (WHICH SHOULD BE UNCATEGORIZED FUCKK YOU OBLIVION DAMAGE BULLLSHIT). Next should be more damage increase somehow, doesnt matter how. Increasing the 12% adding 2k armor pen whatever. Then shuffle should take a 20% dodge chance or guaranteed miss of the 5th attack at you no matter WHAT THE FUCKK IT IS. And increase the snare immunity to 6 seconds as it it costs almost 4k I want my money's worth.

@ZOS_Wrobel

CP1200

Options
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Increase the duration of the snare immunity of Shuffle to 4 seconds and reduce the cost down of Evasion and morphs to ~2500 range.
    Revert the Evasion nerf so Major Evasion is back to 20%.
    Up the Weapon Damage buff to 14% from 12%.
    Add a Crit resistance passive in place of the sneak passives and move the sneak passives over to Legerdemain.

Reasonable enough buffs without being overwhelmingly powerful either. Shuffle gets some minor buffs to it, even if Forward Momentum remains superior for general survivability and snare removal, Medium Armor gets some small QoL uses with the Crit resistance and Damage buffs and everyone benefits from Sneak Passives being moved to Legerdemain.
    Edited by Silver_Strider on July 31, 2018 5:38PM
    Argonian forever
    Options