The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v4.1.1

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woah. My post got all buggy... what are Dark fissure bosses?

Dark Fissures are those mini rifts that open up all over the base zones. You get a first wave of 3 daedra/undead, followed by a mini-boss with one or two other mobs.

PC EU
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dx4raog0sqsp.jpg

Dremora Motif
    The Dremora Motif is available during the Witches Festival, inside the new Dremora Plunder Skulls. This style has been spread among all the evils that plague Tamriel; while wearing it, others might mistake you for one such evil, too.
    • The special new Plunder Skulls contain the Dremora Crafting Motif, in addition to all the bewitching loot that a normal Plunder Skull has. Each Dremora Plunder Skull is tied to a specific type of boss, such as Delve, Dungeon, or Trial Bosses. You can obtain a Dremora Plunder Skull by killing a boss of that type, once per day.
    • The specific Dremora Motif Chapter found in a Dremora Plunder Skull depends on the type of boss defeated to obtain it:
      af9yo8d54dif.jpg
    • Note that for Arenas, Dungeons, and Trials, only the final boss will provide a Dremora Plunder Skull. All other bosses leading up to the final boss will only provide a normal, non-Dremora Plunder Skull.

[/list]

Just because I was able to test, and maybe other persons wondered: its one dremora plunder skull per content per day. So per day one may get 7 of them. Both skulls I obtained contained motif pages (not sure if intended or luck, tho). edit: just noticed its worded more precisely in english, the german community was a little puzzed, tho. ;)

feedback: I still feel forcing players into specific content isn't the way to go in an event open to all players. Some players do not enjoy specific content, others just plainly miss the necessary requirements to finish content (looking at trials and arenas specifically).

In effect, I as a player do not like to be forced into content i don't enjoy and I feel this is the wron direction for events.

suggestion: Instead of even more sticks, why not give a (super-rare) chance for any dremora motif page to drop from normal plunder skulls as well? I understand economy reasons, but having only the chance to do things I don't enjoy in order to get what I like just doesn't seem like a cheerfull event to me, it rather feels like a chore/work/school.
    Edited by Elsterchen on July 17, 2018 11:50AM
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's the Festival of Sticks again folks. My first nine Plunder skulls yielded...

9HlVkxF.jpg

So, I guess all those comments about the sticks from last year's festival just got ignored.

great :/ ill need to by a second daggerfall overlook to fill the basement with stick storage
    Edited by ezio45 on July 17, 2018 12:15PM
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    Where are the balance changes?

We're still reviewing a lot of the feedback and data from the first week of PTS.

please nerf sloads a bit more its still busted on how strong it is.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    dx4raog0sqsp.jpg

Dremora Motif
    The Dremora Motif is available during the Witches Festival, inside the new Dremora Plunder Skulls. This style has been spread among all the evils that plague Tamriel; while wearing it, others might mistake you for one such evil, too.
    • The special new Plunder Skulls contain the Dremora Crafting Motif, in addition to all the bewitching loot that a normal Plunder Skull has. Each Dremora Plunder Skull is tied to a specific type of boss, such as Delve, Dungeon, or Trial Bosses. You can obtain a Dremora Plunder Skull by killing a boss of that type, once per day.
    • The specific Dremora Motif Chapter found in a Dremora Plunder Skull depends on the type of boss defeated to obtain it:
      af9yo8d54dif.jpg
    • Note that for Arenas, Dungeons, and Trials, only the final boss will provide a Dremora Plunder Skull. All other bosses leading up to the final boss will only provide a normal, non-Dremora Plunder Skull.

[/list]

Just because I was able to test, and maybe other persons wondered: its one dremora plunder skull per content per day. So per day one may get 7 of them. Both skulls I obtained contained motif pages (not sure if intended or luck, tho). edit: just noticed its worded more precisely in english, the german community was a little puzzed, tho. ;)

feedback: I still feel forcing players into specific content isn't the way to go in an event open to all players. Some players do not enjoy specific content, others just plainly miss the necessary requirements to finish content (looking at trials and arenas specifically).

In effect, I as a player do not like to be forced into content i don't enjoy and I feel this is the wron direction for events.

suggestion: Instead of even more sticks, why not give a (super-rare) chance for any dremora motif page to drop from normal plunder skulls as well? I understand economy reasons, but having only the chance to do things I don't enjoy in order to get what I like just doesn't seem like a cheerfull event to me, it rather feels like a chore/work/school.

@Elsterchen

I don’t think zos wants people sitting at dark anchors for the event anymore lol
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    dx4raog0sqsp.jpg

Dremora Motif
      af9yo8d54dif.jpg

[/list]

@Elsterchen

I don’t think zos wants people sitting at dark anchors for the event anymore lol

Fine with me, but then why are dolmen included at all? ... and not questing/PVP/crafting... and many more activities?

To limit rewards to specific activities just doesn't seem the right way if you want your playerbase to enage in ALL activities. ;)
  • shinikaze
    shinikaze
    ✭✭✭

We're still reviewing a lot of the feedback and data from the first week of PTS.

Will we see changes next week?

There will likely be a few changes starting next week, yes.

Am I the only one who read this with Razum-dar voice?
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will we see changes next week?

There will likely be a few changes starting next week, yes.

The class rep program should never have been started until you were absolutely committed to it.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balastar wrote: »
    Please make the Arenas drop the Dremora Motifs on both Normal and Veteran, there are many of us that don't have the time nor the patience and skill to grind this on veteran. Please reconsider.

I just tested in PTS, Dremora skull dropped from normal MA

Thank you @Balastar for testing and informing us about this <3 +1
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the Festival of Sticks again folks. My first nine Plunder skulls yielded...

9HlVkxF.jpg

So, I guess all those comments about the sticks from last year's festival just got ignored.

*facepalm* looks like one of my friends is going to receiving a lot of gifts from me again.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno hi i just wanted to let you know that pulsar is bugged and only inflicts minor mangle on 1 enemy that you're looking at when you cast it. You might have 10 enemies in your radius of pulsar but only the one that is highlighted gets mangle. Thanks if you see this!
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
      af9yo8d54dif.jpg

I have many opinions about this.

1) I like the idea of forcing players to try different types of content, especially content which they don't usually do.

2) I like the idea that if you're missing a piece of the motif, you can look at the table to figure out where you need to go to find it.

3) I am familiar with the extent to which other players read the forum and/or Patch Notes and/or articles on the website, and I can see a lot of complaints in /zone chat from people who have been farming dolmens all day and only obtained one Dremora Plunder Skull. I can see myself spending the entire event explaining the drop table to Guildies and strangers alike.

4) There is a massive discrepancy in the amount of time and effort required for the different pieces of the motif. I can solo a Dark Fissure or Dark Anchor in 3 minutes or less, even on one of my low DPS characters. But good luck getting 4 people through Dragonstar Arena in less than an hour! It isn't that Normal DSA is particularly hard, it's the enforced breaks between each round of the Arena and the amount of time you spend waiting for Hiath to finish yapping. That hour of time is generally only 40 minutes of play and 20 minutes of sitting around.

If you are going to have some motifs drop from Arena bosses, they need to be made available earlier than the final boss. Otherwise the only way anyone is going to have the time to farm extras to sell will be if they park all their characters on the penultimate round of Maelstrom and wait for the event to start.

5) Alternatively, roll the Arena and Trial group together, keep them with only 2 motifs, and separate one of the other groups to make up the difference. You could, for example, have IC Sweeper Bosses, Quest Bosses, and Dark Fissure Bosses in one group, and then Public Dungeon Bosses as a separate group. Or separate Cyrodiil delves from non-Cyrodiil delves to make up another group.

And regarding the regular Plunder Skulls,

6) PLEASE - NO MORE DEAD BRANCHES! I don't know who decided they were "Halloween-y" last year, but we've all had enough of them to last a lifetime. I really doubt there are any new players coming in going "Where did you get those cool burned branches?", and if there are, there are still plenty of last year's in circulation.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
      af9yo8d54dif.jpg

If you are going to have some motifs drop from Arena bosses, they need to be made available earlier than the final boss. Otherwise the only way anyone is going to have the time to farm extras to sell will be if they park all their characters on the penultimate round of Maelstrom and wait for the event to start.

If that actually works, that is going to be my plan. Park around 5 characters at the final round on normal.
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh comon, you are going to put Indrik mount into stupid feather runeboxes. Just sell it in crown store please.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EvilCroc wrote: »
    Oh comon, you are going to put Indrik mount into stupid feather runeboxes. Just sell it in crown store please.

No need to pay 5k crown for a mount!

Getting Indrik mount in runebox is a good gesture by ZOS
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 17, 2018 4:14PM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

But it seems likely that we'll have to do all 4 festivals to get all 4 Indrik feathers. The 4th festival being mid-year madness this time next year :(
    PC EU
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of us have been wanting a new in-game mount
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

9HlVkxF.jpg

They missed an opportunity to change out the sticks for a rock.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    So to get an indrik mount we will need to defeat 10 bosses during each festival (which is a nightmare, since there will be 30-50 players on every single boss in the open world) and wait for 3 festivals to happen? Damn it. Looks like everything is getting the jewellery crafting treatment :disappointed:

Relax, it will probably be an indrik pet (was datamined too). The mount will be 4-5k in CS

I wish I was wrong tough..
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone else been in IC? Have you seen any evidence that the alleged anniversary event is active?

I went in just now. The Telvar Merchant isn't selling Platinum like it says in the patch notes. The mobs in the sewers outside the pact base are dropping the same Telvar as on the Live server.

PC EU
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think locking festival reward motif pieces behind elite end game content is a mistake. The holiday festivals are supposed to be fun, accessible content to celebrate the game (IMO - maybe I'm wrong). It's not just a matter of "do content you don't normally do" but Trials and Arena? They're essentially excluding most new and low level players.

You think pugging Trials is bad now? Add hundreds of totally inexperienced people trying to get that Chest and Sword - and it is not lost on me that ZOS put the two most desirable parts of the motif behind the two least desirable bits of content.

I get that they're trying to get people to do different content - the group finder test - I mean 10 Million Stories event - was not as bad because if you were low level at least you got sent to a low level dungeon. And even if you had to carry a few newbies - it didn't take long.

Edited by anadandy on July 17, 2018 7:55PM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
      af9yo8d54dif.jpg

I have many opinions about this.

4) There is a massive discrepancy in the amount of time and effort required for the different pieces of the motif. I can solo a Dark Fissure or Dark Anchor in 3 minutes or less, even on one of my low DPS characters. But good luck getting 4 people through Dragonstar Arena in less than an hour! It isn't that Normal DSA is particularly hard, it's the enforced breaks between each round of the Arena and the amount of time you spend waiting for Hiath to finish yapping. That hour of time is generally only 40 minutes of play and 20 minutes of sitting around.

5) Alternatively, roll the Arena and Trial group together, keep them with only 2 motifs, and separate one of the other groups to make up the difference. You could, for example, have IC Sweeper Bosses, Quest Bosses, and Dark Fissure Bosses in one group, and then Public Dungeon Bosses as a separate group. Or separate Cyrodiil delves from non-Cyrodiil delves to make up another group.

And regarding the regular Plunder Skulls,

6) PLEASE - NO MORE DEAD BRANCHES! I don't know who decided they were "Halloween-y" last year, but we've all had enough of them to last a lifetime. I really doubt there are any new players coming in going "Where did you get those cool burned branches?", and if there are, there are still plenty of last year's in circulation.

I agree with your points I quoted.

I still hate being forced into 12 player trials though. That's just dumb to force that many people to hate each other and hate trials because obviously there will be a lot of rage-quits as they lose a lot even on the normal version.
    Also, still locking out a lot of players who are new or not very good.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But it seems likely that we'll have to do all 4 festivals to get all 4 Indrik feathers. The 4th festival being mid-year madness this time next year :(

I'm not sure about that. We do have the Witch's Festival, New Life Festival and the Anniversary and Jester's Festival, potentially.

My concern is it taking up 3 essentially permanent inventory slots until we get the necessary 4th piece. That's just stupid.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on July 17, 2018 7:59PM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    ezio45 wrote: »
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Mix wrote: »
    Dremora Motif Acquisition:

Overall I think this is a great idea - different chapters from different sources to make filling out your missing chapters easier.

BUT

I think Arena and Trials need to be removed and the chapters spread among the remaining. A lot of players do not do this level of content (technically Arenas are Trials). Holiday Events are much anticipated among the player base and putting in the Arenas and Trials makes the entire event a less accessible.

1. MA requires Orsinium DLC
    2. DSA usually is pre-made groups and the casual players are likely to find even Normal quite frustrating
    3. Normal Trials do seem to be pugged more often, but they definitely don't seem to take lower level players (sub CP160) often and casual players may not be sufficiently geared and get some grief about their poor performance - seeing as they never intended to run this sort of content but the want the motif chapter...

Other than that - the sources are great and accessible!
    day
    Move those into pvp

No, that's even less accessible or interesting.

not really, i dont want to run vma or dragonstar every.....

Nor do I, but pvp is even less popular for good reason.

God forbid you should be able to access something through PvP. Well, I know I won't run the same old content just for these motif pages. It wouldn't have hurt to add the motif pages to the rewards of the worthy containers. But no, of course not, because it's not PvE exclusive then.

I'm all for more "options".
    I just don't want one annoying and frustrating thing replaced with another annoying and frustrating thing.

Choice is good, but these developers forgot we have choices other than their game so maybe they should give us more choices within this game.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »
    dx4raog0sqsp.jpg

Special Merchant & Event Tickets
    Event Tickets are a special new currency that can only be earned by participating in Holidays, DLC Celebrations, and other in-game events. Event Tickets are account-wide, so an Event Ticket earned on one character is accessible to another character immediately. You can hold up to a maximum of 10 Event Tickets on your account, and Event Tickets cannot be traded, mailed, or banked.
    • The first event to feature Event Tickets will be the Witches Festival, which is being turned on during this PTS patch. You'll be able to earn one Event Ticket per day, per account, by defeating any boss monster during the Witches Festival.
    • You can spend your Event Tickets at the Impresario, found just north of Vulkhel Guard in Auridon, southeast of Davon's Watch in Stonefalls, and east of Daggerfall in Glenumbra. During the Witches Festival, she will be selling an Emerald Indrik Feather for 10 Event Tickets each.
      • This unique, account-bound Legendary Feather is a Runebox Fragment; the remaining three Runebox Fragments will become available during future events.
      • While we won't spoil what they combine into just yet, be aware that the thing they create when combined will also be account-bound and untradeable.

So will the runebox fragments from the old Events still be avaible to players who didnt participate in the previous one?

Cause if Not you wont be able to get the reward if you miss one of the Events.

Also i can only earn one Ticket per day in my Account. For example new players who startet playing before the last event cant get enough Tickets to buy all of the runebox if they are even avaible to buy.

The event tickets are only for the new item, the feather. The old runeboxes still drop the same exact way they always did.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone else been in IC? Have you seen any evidence that the alleged anniversary event is active?

I went in just now. The Telvar Merchant isn't selling Platinum like it says in the patch notes. The mobs in the sewers outside the pact base are dropping the same Telvar as on the Live server.

How strange, spooky even. It all seems to have started now. Double Telvar from those IC mobs, Witchmother Olyve has put in an appearance, and my bones have showed up along with the double xp. Still no Platinum on the General Telvar Merchant though.
    PC EU
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not too happy that two of the Dremora motifs require completion of Trials.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    And still no word from ZOS on this,...
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • Eradrann
    Eradrann
    ✭✭✭
    Not too thrilled about how the Dremora motifs will drop... hopefully I can try to make some (nice/non-judging) friends.

On the plus side, I might be able to find group(s) to help me complete DSA now! :D And maybe some of the Vet content.
    Xbox Series X - GT: VintageVinyl450 NA Player on the EU Server (always looking for help with dungeon/job dailies)Main - Eradrann, AD, Wood Elf, Bow/Bow Stamblade, 1500+CP
  • CurvedSwords123
    CurvedSwords123
    ✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »

please nerf sloads a bit more its still busted on how strong it is.

A lot more. It's a 0 skill set that provides unmitagatable DMG.