The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v4.1.1

• Sky_WK
    Sky_WK
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are wondering where are the class balance changes, why X hasn''t been buffed, or Y nerfed on the second cycle of PTS notes, you haven't been paying attention the past year or so.

Agree - Also, pretty rude comment to the public for someone with a "representative" title
    i do not read replies. still playing stamdk for some reason.
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    Where are the balance changes?

We're still reviewing a lot of the feedback and data from the first week of PTS.

Will we see changes next week?

There will likely be a few changes starting next week, yes.

Sounds exactly like the Summerset story on PTS:
    Next week would bring balancing... ah sorry... next week..... and once again.... next week..... and now it's live..... sorry guys!
    PS5|EU
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like events are going to get extra grindy.

Question: If you can only earn one account wide ticket a day and hold a max of ten, which is also how many you need to get a fragment, why bother adding a new currency or npc to the process? Couldn't you just roll this into the daily rewards during the event, or keep track and send us the collectable like you do with crates?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well that was an anticlimax :/
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The events and new secret cumulative rune box sound so cool! plus i love all things small group pve like hardmode dlc dungeons and arenas (coming soon)
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update on my Savage Werewolf comment:
    You have to delete and create a new character for it to show up!
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Special Merchant & Event Tickets
    Event Tickets are a special new currency that can only be earned by participating in Holidays, DLC Celebrations, and other in-game events. Event Tickets are account-wide, so an Event Ticket earned on one character is accessible to another character immediately. You can hold up to a maximum of 10 Event Tickets on your account, and Event Tickets cannot be traded, mailed, or banked.
    • The first event to feature Event Tickets will be the Witches Festival, which is being turned on during this PTS patch. You'll be able to earn one Event Ticket per day, per account, by defeating any boss monster during the Witches Festival.
    • You can spend your Event Tickets at the Impresario, found just north of Vulkhel Guard in Auridon, southeast of Davon's Watch in Stonefalls, and east of Daggerfall in Glenumbra. During the Witches Festival, she will be selling an Emerald Indrik Feather for 10 Event Tickets each.
      • This unique, account-bound Legendary Feather is a Runebox Fragment; the remaining three Runebox Fragments will become available during future events.
      • While we won't spoil what they combine into just yet, be aware that the thing they create when combined will also be account-bound and untradeable.

This sounds cool, giving us a special reward for participating in events. Thanks. :)

Dremora Motif
    The Dremora Motif is available during the Witches Festival, inside the new Dremora Plunder Skulls. This style has been spread among all the evils that plague Tamriel; while wearing it, others might mistake you for one such evil, too.
    • The special new Plunder Skulls contain the Dremora Crafting Motif, in addition to all the bewitching loot that a normal Plunder Skull has. Each Dremora Plunder Skull is tied to a specific type of boss, such as Delve, Dungeon, or Trial Bosses. You can obtain a Dremora Plunder Skull by killing a boss of that type, once per day.
    • The specific Dremora Motif Chapter found in a Dremora Plunder Skull depends on the type of boss defeated to obtain it:
      af9yo8d54dif.jpg
    • Note that for Arenas, Dungeons, and Trials, only the final boss will provide a Dremora Plunder Skull. All other bosses leading up to the final boss will only provide a normal, non-Dremora Plunder Skull.

On the other hand this is just plain silly.
    PS5 EU.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can the Arenas be normal or veteran for the Dremora motifs as well?
  • Sunday_Samurai
    Hey ZoS, it's very annoying to force players into content they don't like (some don't play trials, some can't do arenas, some can't bother doing dolmens...) so I would personally MUCH MUCH MUCH prefer it if it stayed the Hollowjack way, dropping a random page at once.

This means I'll have to fork off a lot of Gold to get those pages I don't want to see myself involved with...
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey ZoS, it's very annoying to force players into content they don't like (some don't play trials, some can't do arenas, some can't bother doing dolmens...) so I would personally MUCH MUCH MUCH prefer it if it stayed the Hollowjack way, dropping a random page at once.

This means I'll have to fork off a lot of Gold to get those pages I don't want to see myself involved with...

ZOS is doing it right. They are giving every type of player their own piece of the pie. The things you like to do isn't necessarily what others like to do either; giving you the opportunity to trade with those individuals and vice versa.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dremora Motif Acquisition:

Overall I think this is a great idea - different chapters from different sources to make filling out your missing chapters easier.

BUT

I think Arena and Trials need to be removed and the chapters spread among the remaining. A lot of players do not do this level of content (technically Arenas are Trials). Holiday Events are much anticipated among the player base and putting in the Arenas and Trials makes the entire event a less accessible.

1. MA requires Orsinium DLC
    2. DSA usually is pre-made groups and the casual players are likely to find even Normal quite frustrating
    3. Normal Trials do seem to be pugged more often, but they definitely don't seem to take lower level players (sub CP160) often and casual players may not be sufficiently geared and get some grief about their poor performance - seeing as they never intended to run this sort of content but the want the motif chapter...

Other than that - the sources are great and accessible!
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    If you are wondering where are the class balance changes, why X hasn''t been buffed, or Y nerfed on the second cycle of PTS notes, you haven't been paying attention the past year or so.

I knew there likely wouldn’t be any, but a guys gotta hope.

I agree a positive attitude is the best way to get anywhere. But it's self-defeating to hope for something when we're aware a specific pattern exists.

Hope for next week!

you're right, I keep hoping they'll fix PVP server issues
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Legendary Feather runebox, the first piece of a future secret item... do I smell Gryphon mounts in the future?

Also, farming for Dremora motifs looks to be brutal. I wonder if the Dremora Plunder skull will be a guaranteed drop on each boss type each day. Allowing for 7 total motifs to be earned per day. Or if completing a boss only provides a chance.

To make the arena motif farm easier, I wonder if we would be able to advance a number of characters to arena 9 of normal Maelstrom and then just complete the last boss each day with a different character to get the skulls.

It's called "Emerald Indrik Feather", ffs! Not "Emerald Gryphon feather"!
    We don't need flying mounts. The game's engine can't handle it. This topic was discussed at length during the Summerset PTS, go look that up.

there's lots of things the engine can't handle, they're still in game though :(
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Salty_ wrote: »

No balance for you. You are a templar. Take your nerfs and please continue to purchase from the crown store.

Regards,

Zenimax Online Studios.

Nerfs???? Templars are getting buffed!!
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »

Overall I think this is a great idea - different chapters from different sources to make filling out your missing chapters easier.

BUT

I think Arena and Trials need to be removed and the chapters spread among the remaining. A lot of players do not do this level of content (technically Arenas are Trials). Holiday Events are much anticipated among the player base and putting in the Arenas and Trials makes the entire event a less accessible.

2. DSA usually is pre-made groups and the casual players are likely to find even Normal quite frustrating
    3. Normal Trials do seem to be pugged more often, but they definitely don't seem to take lower level players (sub CP160) often and casual players may not be sufficiently geared and get some grief about their poor performance - seeing as they never intended to run this sort of content but the want the motif chapter...

^This. Entirely this.

It's like ZOS doesn't even know their playerbase.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

--- JP_Dovahkriid

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »
    _Salty_ wrote: »

No balance for you. You are a templar. Take your nerfs and please continue to purchase from the crown store.

Regards,

Zenimax Online Studios.

Nerfs???? Templars are getting buffed!!

"This will be a buff if you are under Level 50"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

--- JP_Dovahkriid

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We're still reviewing a lot of the feedback and data from the first week of PTS.

Will we see changes next week?

There will likely be a few changes starting next week, yes.

Surely, you mean next DLC? And then next DLC is the combat update once again?
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys! I represent the forgotten skills of the game and i really want to let you guys know about these skills.

I just wanted to know if you guys have seen trapping webs and how 4 meters of radius makes the skill really horrible. if you were to double the skill's radius and increase the damage a slight amount, i think people might use it over caltrops sometimes. Also soul trap has been neglected for a long time. The damage it does is negligible. It does around 650 damage over 10 seconds. Where as swarm does around 1600 over the same period of time. I feel that soul trap would have a use if it had a damage increase by about 350 and its damage type changed to oblivion so it acts as an unmitigateable dot. Fire rune also has a problem in that it does next to no damage and it has a little radius. Scalding rune has the worst dot damage in the game too.

And the ice furnace set gives weapon damage over spell damage and its 5 piece, while cool sounding, is definitly designed silly. It should proc off dealing ANY cold damage over DIRECT cold damage and it should have a slightly increased cooldown (2 seconds or so more cooldown time) to compensate. Many people i have talked to have thought how much potential the set has to be a decent frost tank set but it wont ever be if it remains procing off direct damage.

Thank you for hearing my post.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on July 16, 2018 11:11PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you are away on vacation at the time when witching event comes out, is there any way to ever get the special runebox?
    It seems that you have to be online and active for at least 10 days of the event... and it's not clear if subsequent special events will give a specific or generic runebox for the special memento or whatever it is. So... do you need to wait for the next year's witching event to catchup and get the missing part? (Same issue applies for the other special events of course...)
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dx4raog0sqsp.jpg

Special Merchant & Event Tickets
    Event Tickets are a special new currency that can only be earned by participating in Holidays, DLC Celebrations, and other in-game events. Event Tickets are account-wide, so an Event Ticket earned on one character is accessible to another character immediately. You can hold up to a maximum of 10 Event Tickets on your account, and Event Tickets cannot be traded, mailed, or banked.
    • The first event to feature Event Tickets will be the Witches Festival, which is being turned on during this PTS patch. You'll be able to earn one Event Ticket per day, per account, by defeating any boss monster during the Witches Festival.
    • You can spend your Event Tickets at the Impresario, found just north of Vulkhel Guard in Auridon, southeast of Davon's Watch in Stonefalls, and east of Daggerfall in Glenumbra. During the Witches Festival, she will be selling an Emerald Indrik Feather for 10 Event Tickets each.
      • This unique, account-bound Legendary Feather is a Runebox Fragment; the remaining three Runebox Fragments will become available during future events.
      • While we won't spoil what they combine into just yet, be aware that the thing they create when combined will also be account-bound and untradeable.

This better not be taking up valuable inventory space like other runebox fragments, especially since we can't sell them or get the other pieces to combine into the item and free up the inventory slot.
    It may just be one slot but we shouldn't have to be locked into one unusable slot for months or a year.

Please tell me you thought of this and have put it as a quest item or something else that doesn't use up an inventory slot?
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    UGH! Forcing us to do trials to get motif pieces. Not good, ZOS.

Dro'Mathra
    Celestial

Except those drop much more commonly than stuff like the Welkynar motif and can be sold to other players as well.

I haven't read most of the patch notes yet since I commented on the first issue I saw before doing so, but if they want me to do trials for motifs then they can stick that up their back end where the sun don't shine and kiss my money goodbye.
    I'm sick and tired of stupid grind and trying to control where I play, especially for "holiday fun events" which other games did a hell of a lot better as more fun and less grind.

I'm feeling more and more "obligated to get in and grind" rather than "wanting to get on and play", which is a very bad thing for a product that I pay money for. I'm removing the majority of my financial support and debating ever giving them any money ever again.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

ZOS is doing it right. They are giving every type of player their own piece of the pie. The things you like to do isn't necessarily what others like to do either; giving you the opportunity to trade with those individuals and vice versa.

Except that the only ones people will be buying in player trading are the ones from the harder and less accessible content, making the rich trial players richer and the poor grinding normal players poorer and requiring them to grind more, not to mention the fact that there will be fewer of the motifs from trials due to them taking longer to defeat bosses than normal delve bosses and dolmens and such.

This is an absolutely stupid idea just like the Welkynar Motif grind insanity.

Are they going senile? Are they suffering from dementia and Alzheimer's?
    Do they not know how games attract customers anymore? Do they not know how to properly make money?
    You don't make money by making things inaccessible, by making them overpriced and a pain in the *** to get on top of that.

We are watching the death of ESO. The cash cow is showing its age and they are squeezing harder and harder to get as much out of it as they can before they send it off to slaughter.

Well, at least I don't have to pay them anymore money for Skyrim since we get free mods from the community there and I paid them for it years ago. That's a far superior game even if the world isn't as big and it doesn't have the other players to make the world feel more alive. I'll gladly go back to single player offline games, even old ones, to avoid being "milked to death".
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    m5x69qsf1ut8.jpg

tmoggzde9xr6.png
    Performance
    • If you have multiple GPUs, it’s very likely you will crash when launching the game. As a temporary workaround, disabling crossfire or SLI will allow you to log into the PTS.

This is what happens when you try to force things that you should just let the graphics driver program figure out. They don't play well together.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Homes
    • Fixed an issue where the new homes were not free to teleport to.

Any chance we can jettison this gold sink entirely? At this point in the game it feels more like a newbie trap, since most experienced players will either port to a guild member or friend, then (maybe) sit through an extra load screen if they end up in the wrong part of the zone. While new players don't have access to those options.

This game is built on being as slow as possible and as expensive as possible, so they won't remove it.
    Just look at the new Welkynar Motif grind and the escalating housing prices and almost exclusively releasing "notable" homes.
    Hell, soon the "notable" homes will outnumber the "classic" and then the lowest tier also. Apparently everybody lives in the biggest most empty house because they all hate neighbors and yet the developers want us to socialize in hard content like hard mode trials, contradictory to everything smart and sane.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UGH! Forcing us to do trials to get motif pieces. Not good, ZOS.

Are they Bind of Equip? Why can't you buy them? Or trade someone who did trials for the one that you need? What's wrong with having a little cosmetic reward/incentive for doing a Trial?

Because trial players don't want "scrubs" anyway.
    1) People hate PUGs for numerous reasons they can bring up.
    2) Forming a group of willing players that isn't a PUG is like herding angry werecats; they just don't want to get together.
    3) Everybody wants the easiest run and if it isn't easy it self-destructs the group that took so long to form.

ZOS: "We must make this event fun and make people want to participate and maybe we can get people to see they may like certain content if they just try it. It works with kids and liver and onions or oysters or escargot(snails) or brussel sprouts and Velveeta cheese because everybody loves those as adults."
    Any parent or psychiatrist ever: "This ZOS person is delusional. They need to be committed for mandatory evaluation and treatment for public safety."

They're actively fighting against human nature and why their game has been successful. They're trying to turn the 1% into the 100% by giving everyone else no other choice but to join or miss out on something that has no need to be locked to the 1% content.
    This is like saying "you will lose weight if you just eat only lemons and very few of them" when there are better and more realistic options to lose weight without dropping dead.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on July 17, 2018 12:29AM
  • crystal_coppolab14_ESO
    @ZOS_GinaBruno are the new houses crown exclusive or can we buy them with gold too :)
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno are the new houses crown exclusive or can we buy them with gold too :)

No clue until they announce an availability date, either in live patch notes or the "crown store showcase". That is the only time they ever announce that.

Although, an educated guess can be made if the house says it has an achievement requirement and/or "available during/after a specific event" like the Coldharbour Surreal Estate and the Witch's Hut houses. Though, those were stil lon the live servers, not PTS, when they showed that info.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BUT

Move those into pvp
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

BUT

Move those into pvp

Screw that. Just let them drop normally.

Maybe make it a lower chance then hollowjack but enough of this crap, enough of needlessly dividing up the motifs, it's a blatent cashgrab, and it's dumb.