Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v4.1.1

• Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Mix wrote: »
    Dremora Motif Acquisition:

Overall I think this is a great idea - different chapters from different sources to make filling out your missing chapters easier.

BUT

I think Arena and Trials need to be removed and the chapters spread among the remaining. A lot of players do not do this level of content (technically Arenas are Trials). Holiday Events are much anticipated among the player base and putting in the Arenas and Trials makes the entire event a less accessible.

1. MA requires Orsinium DLC
    2. DSA usually is pre-made groups and the casual players are likely to find even Normal quite frustrating
    3. Normal Trials do seem to be pugged more often, but they definitely don't seem to take lower level players (sub CP160) often and casual players may not be sufficiently geared and get some grief about their poor performance - seeing as they never intended to run this sort of content but the want the motif chapter...

Other than that - the sources are great and accessible!

Move those into pvp

No, that's even less accessible or interesting.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @zos_chris @zos_holden @zos_edward

Will the dremora plunder skulls be a 100% drop on the bosses and will the dremora plunder skull contain the respective motif with a 100% chance?
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    UGH! Forcing us to do trials to get motif pieces. Not good, ZOS.

Dro'Mathra
    Celestial

those are full motifs not pieces, they can also drop from normal
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »

Will the dremora plunder skulls be a 100% drop on the bosses and will the dremora plunder skull contain the respective motif with a 100% chance?

God I hope at least that much.
    "Enquiring minds want to know."
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Overall I think this is a great idea - different chapters from different sources to make filling out your missing chapters easier.

BUT

I think Arena and Trials need to be removed and the chapters spread among the remaining. A lot of players do not do this level of content (technically Arenas are Trials). Holiday Events are much anticipated among the player base and putting in the Arenas and Trials makes the entire event a less accessible.

2. DSA usually is pre-made groups and the casual players are likely to find even Normal quite frustrating
    3. Normal Trials do seem to be pugged more often, but they definitely don't seem to take lower level players (sub CP160) often and casual players may not be sufficiently geared and get some grief about their poor performance - seeing as they never intended to run this sort of content but the want the motif chapter...

day
    Move those into pvp

not really, i dont want to run vma or dragonstar every.....
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »

good question @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »

BUT

day
    Move those into pvp

Nor do I, but pvp is even less popular for good reason.
  • twitch_zero
    twitch_zero
    ✭✭✭
    So IC event but no update on mid year mayhem?
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    If anyone needs help figuring out the actual problem with Rune Cage rather than the damage it does, have them take a knee for 5 seconds while everyone else in the office kicks them.

I don't get why people are upset about Rune Cage, it's like a less powerful version of Petrify (which is instant cast and can be morphed to follow up with an immobilize after break-free, whereas Rune Cage does have a pseudo cast-time that can be interrupted with a stun).

I think it's just that people are now noticing this ability since frags no longer have knockdown, but it has been in the game forever, and really doesn't need to be nerfed, considering there are other abilities like it and no one complains about those.

If you complain about having to endure the full duration of its stun, then that's your problem for running a setup with poor resource management. Almost any stun will do the same if you don't break free, so it's not like Rune Cage is really any different.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    If anyone needs help figuring out the actual problem with Rune Cage rather than the damage it does, have them take a knee for 5 seconds while everyone else in the office kicks them.

I don't get why people are upset about Rune Cage, it's like a less powerful version of Petrify (which is instant cast and can be morphed to follow up with an immobilize after break-free, whereas Rune Cage does have a pseudo cast-time that can be interrupted with a stun).

I think it's just that people are now noticing this ability since frags no longer have knockdown, but it has been in the game forever, and really doesn't need to be nerfed, considering there are other abilities like it and no one complains about those.

If you complain about having to endure the full duration of its stun, then that's your problem for running a setup with poor resource management. Almost any stun will do the same if you don't break free, so it's not like Rune Cage is really any different.

The stun isn't the problem. Its the curse tool tip damage and its a huge range 30+ meters.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stun is the problem, given latency, lag, problems with immunity and thus how difficult it can be to break free. The damage isnt the problem either. Sorcs have quite enough damage to stack with rune cage, and add to those ranging you while you are stunned that is the problem.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »

BUT

day
    Move those into pvp

Nor do I, but pvp is even less popular for good reason.

God forbid you should be able to access something through PvP. Well, I know I won't run the same old content just for these motif pages. It wouldn't have hurt to add the motif pages to the rewards of the worthy containers. But no, of course not, because it's not PvE exclusive then.
    Edited by Feanor on July 17, 2018 7:54AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dx4raog0sqsp.jpg
    Dremora Motif
    The Dremora Motif is available during the Witches Festival, inside the new Dremora Plunder Skulls. This style has been spread among all the evils that plague Tamriel; while wearing it, others might mistake you for one such evil, too.
    • The special new Plunder Skulls contain the Dremora Crafting Motif, in addition to all the bewitching loot that a normal Plunder Skull has. Each Dremora Plunder Skull is tied to a specific type of boss, such as Delve, Dungeon, or Trial Bosses. You can obtain a Dremora Plunder Skull by killing a boss of that type, once per day.
    • The specific Dremora Motif Chapter found in a Dremora Plunder Skull depends on the type of boss defeated to obtain it:
      af9yo8d54dif.jpg
    • Note that for Arenas, Dungeons, and Trials, only the final boss will provide a Dremora Plunder Skull. All other bosses leading up to the final boss will only provide a normal, non-Dremora Plunder Skull.

Please make the Arenas drop the Dremora Motifs on both Normal and Veteran, there are many of us that don't have the time nor the patience and skill to grind this on veteran. Please reconsider.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we trade and sell Dremora motifs to other players? @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »

my problem with it is it just doesnt seem fun, as a magsorc as my main it feels cheap and I dont like it or flame reach as a replacement for cfrag's stun

I also can see how the stun could be a bit much, like no it is not the worst stun in game but a shorter duration might be nice. I like the unblockable aspect as a way to deal with tanks.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The specific Dremora Motif Chapter found in a Dremora Plunder Skull depends on the type of boss defeated to obtain it:

Tying specific motif pages to specific boss types in this way effectively excludes very many players from having any hope of completing this motif. I think this panders to elitism. More importantly it's just not fun. Being given a page from a motif that you cannot hope to complete seems more like a studied insult than reward.

Would it not be better for all those bosses to have a chance to drop any of the pages. Or maybe redistribute the boss types so that, for example, Chests and Swords drop from Public Dungeon bosses as well as Trials bosses?

I assume Dremora motif is going to count towards Master Writ drop rate in the same way that Worm Cult does. How is that fair if a lot of players are excluded from learning it?
    PC EU
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the new event currency really necessary ? Why not just tie the rune box reward thingy to the completion of event related achievements ? Seems like the much more obvious and clean solution to me.

Introducing ever more currencies for very specific purposes is just adding bloat.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the new event currency really necessary ? Why not just tie the rune box reward thingy to the completion of event related achievements ? Seems like the much more obvious and clean solution to me.

Introducing ever more currencies for very specific purposes is just adding bloat.

And they like more bloats so they feel that they stuck their heads in the sand quite well like while problems are still there.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So to get an indrik mount we will need to defeat 10 bosses during each festival (which is a nightmare, since there will be 30-50 players on every single boss in the open world) and wait for 3 festivals to happen? Damn it. Looks like everything is getting the jewellery crafting treatment :disappointed:
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why dont you sell the motif directly from CS-cause this was your plan from start-instead of announcing
    stupid grind who demand puging for a change to drop a page,ffs who planed this ?

i feel dump for spending much money for supporting your game,i promise it wont happen again
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

Vasanha
    This one hears nothing. Sees nothing. This one only sweeps.
    desperately need a survey assistant
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dx4raog0sqsp.jpg

Special Merchant & Event Tickets
    Event Tickets are a special new currency that can only be earned by participating in Holidays, DLC Celebrations, and other in-game events. Event Tickets are account-wide, so an Event Ticket earned on one character is accessible to another character immediately. You can hold up to a maximum of 10 Event Tickets on your account, and Event Tickets cannot be traded, mailed, or banked.
    • The first event to feature Event Tickets will be the Witches Festival, which is being turned on during this PTS patch. You'll be able to earn one Event Ticket per day, per account, by defeating any boss monster during the Witches Festival.
    • You can spend your Event Tickets at the Impresario, found just north of Vulkhel Guard in Auridon, southeast of Davon's Watch in Stonefalls, and east of Daggerfall in Glenumbra. During the Witches Festival, she will be selling an Emerald Indrik Feather for 10 Event Tickets each.
      • This unique, account-bound Legendary Feather is a Runebox Fragment; the remaining three Runebox Fragments will become available during future events.
      • While we won't spoil what they combine into just yet, be aware that the thing they create when combined will also be account-bound and untradeable.

So will the runebox fragments from the old Events still be avaible to players who didnt participate in the previous one?

Cause if Not you wont be able to get the reward if you miss one of the Events.

Also i can only earn one Ticket per day in my Account. For example new players who startet playing before the last event cant get enough Tickets to buy all of the runebox if they are even avaible to buy.

• Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    Where are the balance changes?

We're still reviewing a lot of the feedback and data from the first week of PTS.

=\
    :quack:
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno about the Crossfire/SLI crashes, is there a fix in an upcoming update or is the game dropping support for running dual graphics cards? I'd hate to always have my sli off just to run this game.
    NA/PC
  • Balastar
    Balastar
    ✭✭✭
    Please make the Arenas drop the Dremora Motifs on both Normal and Veteran, there are many of us that don't have the time nor the patience and skill to grind this on veteran. Please reconsider.

I just tested in PTS, Dremora skull dropped from normal MA
    EU/PC trading guilds:
    Traders of the Covenant - Grahtwood - Elden Root
    Twist it Sis - Stormhaven - Wayrest
    To join, contact ingame @Balastar

Manager of Crown Network Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join!
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's the Festival of Sticks again folks. My first nine Plunder skulls yielded...

9HlVkxF.jpg

So, I guess all those comments about the sticks from last year's festival just got ignored.
    PC EU
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nvm
    Edited by OutLaw_Nynx on July 17, 2018 11:10AM
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    Magicka wardens are in a totally great state apparently.

Arctic Blast still scales from max health and still ticks every 2 seconds.

Wonderful lol

Arctic Blast is for tanks, obviously. Not everything in this game is for MAXDEEPS and the idea that it should be is myopic and ignorant about game design. It’s also a great skill since it basically gives minor maim too (chill effect)—almost a guarantee with the Warden’s passive.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Woah. My post got all buggy... what are Dark fissure bosses?
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's the Festival of Sticks again folks. My first nine Plunder skulls yielded...

9HlVkxF.jpg

So, I guess all those comments about the sticks from last year's festival just got ignored.

Zos pls :(
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

So, when is the invisible keep wall bug getting fixed?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.