The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Patch Notes v4.1.1

• ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Actually nerf sloads and runecage

Leave traitors vault alone...

get ride of the 10x upgrade jc system...

ty
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WembleyOTG wrote: »
    Why are the first comments of any update or dev post annoucment always negative and bashing.. And you wonder why they don't seem to care about making the game when all anyone on the forums does is complain.

I'm just in console land waiting for the game work again after Summerset. So I'm eager to read anything that's going on with the next update while I'm waiting for the last one to start working. This is about what I expected for week two, so no complaints here. Some interesting stuff about IC as well.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the Dark Cloak fix, any word on fixing Artaeum Takeaway Broth so that it works with Bone Pirate?
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    Where are the balance changes?

We're still reviewing a lot of the feedback and data from the first week of PTS.

Will we see changes next week?

will we see an actual sloads and rc nerf next week?
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We're still reviewing a lot of the feedback and data from the first week of PTS.

There will likely be a few changes starting next week, yes.

A few is better then nothing at all so I’m grateful. Thanks Gina!
    Edited by templesus on July 16, 2018 7:30PM
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka wardens are in a totally great state apparently.

Arctic Blast still scales from max health and still ticks every 2 seconds.

Wonderful lol
  • PureEnvelope35
    PureEnvelope35
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Thanks for the Dark Cloak fix, any word on fixing Artaeum Takeaway Broth so that it works with Bone Pirate?

It took them 6 months to fix the Spring Loaded Infusion + Bone Pirate :neutral:
    • Fashion is the true endgame.
    • PC EU
    • EP Astera the Charlatan Stamina Arcanist (PvE)
    • EP Malina the Pure Stamina Warden (PvP)
    • EP Athena the Pure Stamina Dragonknight (PvP)
    • EP Elizabeth the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvP)
    • DC Bonneville the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • DC Lyudmila the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvE)
    • DC Breña the Pure Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • DC Cirise the Pure Magicka Warden (PvP)
    • DC Melinda the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvP)
    • DC Adeliane the Pure Magicka Templar (PvP)
    • AD Valencia the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • AD Do'Nhadir Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • AD Xiphias Sword-Like-Comet Stamgicka Warden (PvP)
    • AD Eleanora the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvE)
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They'll rename it to food :trollface:
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rune Cage has been totally overtuned since you put it in its current incarnation. You've literally had MONTHS of this exact same feedback. You reduced the damage but around 95% of the issue with it has literally nothing to do with damage. Its break free is totally schizophrenic at times. "You have 20k of stam left but nah, break free doesn't want to work for you."

Oh yeah, and our "defensive stun" can hit you in a different zone lol, you know. It seems sensible that all sorcs in Daggerfall can stun potential threats in Shornhelm at any moment. Never know when that stam toon may decide to walk ages to within 28 metres so they can stampede.

#NerfTheRange

#FixBreakFree

#ActuallyCareAboutBalance
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There will likely be a few changes starting next week, yes.

Will they be positive for once?
    Depends if it's your class or not. :trollface:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are wondering where are the class balance changes, why X hasn''t been buffed, or Y nerfed on the second cycle of PTS notes, you haven't been paying attention the past year or so.

I knew there likely wouldn’t be any, but a guys gotta hope.

I agree a positive attitude is the best way to get anywhere. But it's self-defeating to hope for something when we're aware a specific pattern exists.

Hope for next week!
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

The art team better work on a new thumbnail then.
    Edited by Strider__Roshin on July 16, 2018 7:45PM
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've also adjusted the rates of rewards within all Plunder Skulls for greater variety, and to make the Hollowjack Motif rarer and more desirable.

Good luck with that.

PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Legendary Feather runebox, the first piece of a future secret item... do I smell Gryphon mounts in the future?

Also, farming for Dremora motifs looks to be brutal. I wonder if the Dremora Plunder skull will be a guaranteed drop on each boss type each day. Allowing for 7 total motifs to be earned per day. Or if completing a boss only provides a chance.

To make the arena motif farm easier, I wonder if we would be able to advance a number of characters to arena 9 of normal Maelstrom and then just complete the last boss each day with a different character to get the skulls.

It's called "Emerald Indrik Feather", ffs! Not "Emerald Gryphon feather"!
    We don't need flying mounts. The game's engine can't handle it. This topic was discussed at length during the Summerset PTS, go look that up.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, ZOS. 8 hours to add nothing new and game changing?
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

--- JP_Dovahkriid

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UGH! Forcing us to do trials to get motif pieces. Not good, ZOS.

• Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    dx4raog0sqsp.jpg

Special Merchant & Event Tickets
    Event Tickets are a special new currency that can only be earned by participating in Holidays, DLC Celebrations, and other in-game events. Event Tickets are account-wide, so an Event Ticket earned on one character is accessible to another character immediately. You can hold up to a maximum of 10 Event Tickets on your account, and Event Tickets cannot be traded, mailed, or banked.
    • The first event to feature Event Tickets will be the Witches Festival, which is being turned on during this PTS patch. You'll be able to earn one Event Ticket per day, per account, by defeating any boss monster during the Witches Festival.
    • You can spend your Event Tickets at the Impresario, found just north of Vulkhel Guard in Auridon, southeast of Davon's Watch in Stonefalls, and east of Daggerfall in Glenumbra. During the Witches Festival, she will be selling an Emerald Indrik Feather for 10 Event Tickets each.
      • This unique, account-bound Legendary Feather is a Runebox Fragment; the remaining three Runebox Fragments will become available during future events.
      • While we won't spoil what they combine into just yet, be aware that the thing they create when combined will also be account-bound and untradeable.

Witches Festival
    Beware the coming of the Dremora with the Witches Festival! During this event, which is available to test this week on the PTS, you will be able to earn the previously-unreleased Dremora Crafting Motif, obtained from Dremora Plunder Skulls, and the new Apple-Bobbing Cauldron Memento. We’ve also adjusted the rates of rewards within all Plunder Skulls for greater variety, and to make the Hollowjack Motif rarer and more desirable.
    • The delightful Apple-Bobbing Cauldron Memento can be obtained by acquiring the seven fragments of its Runebox. These Runebox Fragments can be obtained from any Plunder Skulls (Dremora or non-Dremora), found during the Witches Festival.

Dremora Motif
    The Dremora Motif is available during the Witches Festival, inside the new Dremora Plunder Skulls. This style has been spread among all the evils that plague Tamriel; while wearing it, others might mistake you for one such evil, too.
    • The special new Plunder Skulls contain the Dremora Crafting Motif, in addition to all the bewitching loot that a normal Plunder Skull has. Each Dremora Plunder Skull is tied to a specific type of boss, such as Delve, Dungeon, or Trial Bosses. You can obtain a Dremora Plunder Skull by killing a boss of that type, once per day.
    • The specific Dremora Motif Chapter found in a Dremora Plunder Skull depends on the type of boss defeated to obtain it:
      af9yo8d54dif.jpg
    • Note that for Arenas, Dungeons, and Trials, only the final boss will provide a Dremora Plunder Skull. All other bosses leading up to the final boss will only provide a normal, non-Dremora Plunder Skull.

Imperial City Celebration
    Prepare for double rewards with the Imperial City Celebration!  For the duration of the event, available to test now on the PTS, bosses drop twice their normal loot, daily quests give two reward boxes instead of one, harvest nodes give double resources, and you get twice as many Tel Var Stones and Bone Shards.  If you are lucky enough to find and slay a Treasure Scamp in the sewers, you’ll enjoy double the normal loot from it as well.  In addition, defeating the Simulacrum of Molag Bal in the Barathrum Centrata has twice the normal chance to award the Stonefire Scamp pet or Soul-Shriven skin.
    • Platinum, the Jewelry Crafting material for CP 150-160 rings and necklaces, is purchased from Tel Var General Merchants for 50 Tel Var Stones apiece, starting with the Imperial City Celebration. After that time, Platinum will be available from those same merchants, at that same price, even after the event ends.
    • During the Imperial City Celebration, drops from all bosses are doubled during the event. This includes sweepers, and bosses in the White-Gold Tower and the Imperial City Prison dungeons.

Overall this sounds pretty cool, but will the double resources apply to harvest nodes in open world Cyrodiil? Cause to my knowledge, there aren't any nodes in the imperial city. :p
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

oh ya, forgot welkynar motifs drop method needs some rework, please dont release it like that...
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can obtain a Dremora Plunder Skull by killing a boss of that type, once per day.

I'm assuming this is once per day per character, correct? Is that limited to type i.e. you can get one of each type of skull per character per day?

Looking forward to the (potential) balance changes next week though.
  • Phreeki
    Phreeki
    ✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    Actually nerf sloads and runecage

Leave traitors vault alone...

get ride of the 10x upgrade jc system...

ty

Lol only the bad players cry about Rune cage, all the good players i see hit with it are breaking free right away. If you're a run v xer or not running immovable pots or hiding in the back of your zerg spamming snipe from 40m away that seems like a L2p issue.
    Edited by Phreeki on July 16, 2018 8:18PM
  • Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭
    Where are the adjustments to the competitive battleground queue times introduced with Summerset? Is 40 minutes + deemed acceptable?

Cheers.
    Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy
    discord. fake_remedy#3254
    e. fake_remedy@hotmail.com
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

troll all you want but that is a very likely outcome for that bug lol. Renamed to "unique" and mark the bug as resolved in JIRA.

Edited by ManDraKE on July 16, 2018 8:23PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Homes
    • Fixed an issue where the new homes were not free to teleport to.

Any chance we can jettison this gold sink entirely? At this point in the game it feels more like a newbie trap, since most experienced players will either port to a guild member or friend, then (maybe) sit through an extra load screen if they end up in the wrong part of the zone. While new players don't have access to those options.
    Edited by starkerealm on July 16, 2018 8:28PM
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably not, but next patch I hope we get some changes.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on July 16, 2018 8:31PM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are they Bind of Equip? Why can't you buy them? Or trade someone who did trials for the one that you need? What's wrong with having a little cosmetic reward/incentive for doing a Trial?
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Legendary Feather runebox, the first piece of a future secret item... do I smell Gryphon mounts in the future?

Also, farming for Dremora motifs looks to be brutal. I wonder if the Dremora Plunder skull will be a guaranteed drop on each boss type each day. Allowing for 7 total motifs to be earned per day. Or if completing a boss only provides a chance.

To make the arena motif farm easier, I wonder if we would be able to advance a number of characters to arena 9 of normal Maelstrom and then just complete the last boss each day with a different character to get the skulls.

It's called "Emerald Indrik Feather", ffs! Not "Emerald Gryphon feather"!
    We don't need flying mounts. The game's engine can't handle it. This topic was discussed at length during the Summerset PTS, go look that up.

My bad, missed the Indrik part in the first paragraph. Just saw the Legendary feather.

And asking for a gryphon mount doesn't necessarily mean asking for a flying mount. Gryphons look cool, whether they are flying or not. So maybe don't jump to conclusions next time.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dro'Mathra
    Celestial
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great work this week everybody.. enjoy your weekend.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    8 hours of thumb twiddling and Savage Werewolf is still showing up as Blood Moon!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

--- JP_Dovahkriid

• Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix the friggin' channeled focus nerf and STOP MAKING MOTIFS AN INSANE GRIND.

Someone tank the value for these motifs out of principle please.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on July 16, 2018 9:08PM