The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Fang Lair and Scalecaller Motifs Now Available

• DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aimora wrote: »
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Another example of really bad quality controls in place before pushing out content to live servers. ZOS needs to hire more testers. Buggy content really hurts and enrages the player base.

I love this game but these bugs and unplayable parts of the game and for some platforms unplayable entire game is really hurting the game's ability to retain and attract players.

I think less focus on the Crown Store and more focus on the actual game would help with this!

The crown store lines their pockets though.

Nevermind a lot of games get by on base game, DLC, subscription and "chapter" releases, while still being able to push out new content.

I know this player base spends a ton on the crown store. Just look at how many purchased both motifs within minutes of it going on sale.

They are making money hand over fist and letting us continue to play a game that seems like it should be an alpha or beta release with the wall to wall bugs and issues we have.

The only return on investment we see in this game is more crown store items. More ways to get us to spend. You see how much time they spend testing their crown store items. Push it out and keep pushing more.

I'll be here until my wife quits regardless.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We just want the game to work properly with minimal to no lag/bugs. Things keep on breaking every patch/release. Bad server performance which was limited to PVP is now affecting PVE too.

I'm really disappointed. I was really looking forward to buying all the motifs this month. I waited all month for them to come out.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    It’s a complex game with complex issues. At least it’s being resolved quickly and the communication has been awesome. Not the end of the world.

@agegarton Uhmm, not so sure about that.
    I still cant access Summerset on PC that I pre-ordered directly from ZOS.

some issue they have with their billing systems, so come to find out I paid $80 for a bundle and only got part of it.
    Been waiting on the refund they promised for the Summerset part for over a month

just saying, every month is something new in addition to existing ongoing issues.
    I thought I'd pop in to check on things....updates and all....but I'll just go away
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    It’s a complex game with complex issues. At least it’s being resolved quickly and the communication has been awesome. Not the end of the world.

@agegarton Uhmm, not so sure about that.
    I still cant access Summerset on PC that I pre-ordered directly from ZOS.

some issue they have with their billing systems, so come to find out I paid $80 for a bundle and only got part of it.
    Been waiting on the refund they promised for the Summerset part for over a month

just saying, every month is something new in addition to existing ongoing issues.
    I thought I'd pop in to check on things....updates and all....but I'll just go away

My wife preordered the console collectors edition. She got the game and all the physical stuff included in the box, same as me. We make our accounts, link them, use our codes, etc. We then login to create our characters and she has no access to the Imperial edition, yet I do. Took them almost 4 months for her to receive Any Race, Any Alliance and Imperials unlocked with her Imperial white stallion.

Point being, they're just bad at handling things and have been for a long time. Sorry it happened to you. They'll get around to it, but as you can tell they have more pressing issues than your refund. :wink:
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    inexcusable given this is a 12 million player base, billion dollar company- that this stuff is so clumsily released , with no testing or stability protocols in place. i work in a field where we put out content on a constant basis for local broadcaster- and we would be fired if this happened. this isn't a one off- this is a pattern of ZOS- being incompetent over the years. people should not be working at that company that are.
    Edited by MakoFore on June 27, 2018 11:25PM
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After removing yet another handful of post, we must remind everyone that Bashing is a direct violation of the rules that we have in place. Continued bashing will result in disciplinary action being taken as deemed fit.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 28, 2018 1:07AM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Define bashing please. Because criticism of the care given to this game and the hypocrisy of immediate fixes to the Crown store but 3+ week delays to fixes to PvP isn’t bashing per the forum rules. Unless bashing is meant to be THAT subjective that any post that may or may not subjectively offend someone can be removed. If it’s that subjective, then the forum rules should be amended to reflect that it is also a subjective decision.

I think all areas of this game should get the same attention to detail and priority fixes, as all of your paying customers pay for a service that works. But that’s just my mentality about providing a product or service. Maybe there is some new age philosophy being incorporated by ZOS that I’m just unaware of presently.

It would be nice to be informed of the mentality going on with it so we can understand why this got such quick attention while PvP is still broken with no fix in sight. Without fear of repercussions from the overlords for simply questioning and wanting our frustrations resolved. Since we pay you guys for the service that is the game.
    Edited by davidj8291 on June 28, 2018 1:26AM
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

After removing yet another handful of post, we must remind everyone that Bashing is a direct violation of the rules that we have in place. Continued bashing will result in disciplinary action being taken as deemed fit.

-Greg-

well than please advise at to when the Motifs will be avail for purchase or GIFT if the Crown store. Thank you
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [removed comment discussing moderation action]

My wife can barely play in raids cuz of that crap that's giving lots of folks fps issues ever since summerset. One of my good friends quit the game because he can only get 10 fps on his damn super computer in raids. He previously didn't have this problem.

You wanna talk about pvp....actually it's obvious you don't even want to go down that road.

Resource drain bug? My attacks just randomly straight up missing? My attacks randomly not firing? Poison stacking problem (If this has been fixed then disregard)? And now this. I mean, I can keep going here if ya really want me to.

So to stay on topic, and as to my deleted post, YES your game is friggin broke. It's worse off now than it has been ever since I've played this game. Stuff keeps piling on without getting fixed.

I'm subbed to this game so when the areas of the game that I enjoy are broke then I have a right to complain.

Edited by ZOS_JesC on July 22, 2018 2:33PM
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... ZOS decides to break long-established precedent by making an in-game-earned motif available on the Crown store on the same day it is released in game.

And only did they make a motif available on the Crown Store with a period of zero in-game exclusivity, they did this by delaying in-game availability by over 5 weeks.

And the end result of all this?
    • Nobody had a chance to get the motifs in-game ahead of time, so nobody could notice this problem before the motif arrived on the Crown Store. This bug would've been far less embarrassing as a day-1 Summerset launch bug that affected only individual chapters dropping from the dungeons, than as a glaring bug in a pair of 5K Crown Store items.
    • The Crown Store release has to be delayed--by 3 weeks on console--so ZOS still doesn't get the item selling on the Crown Store on day 1.

Frankly, I think this fiasco is great. After the disrespect that ZOS showed the PvE community by this delay-for-the-Crown-Store nonsense, it is so very satisfying to see this terrible release plan blow up in their face so spectacularly.
    Edited by code65536 on June 28, 2018 12:35PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This all just seems odd to me.

These are the first motif styles that ZOS has seen fit to actually create an announcement thread in General of all places about their release to the players. Then theres the fact these are the first Dungeon styles that were withheld for nearly a month until a date where they can also be purchased for crowns, which is also a first. Then when the date FINALLY arrives, theres a bug that doesnt even allow players access to the style.

If they just let the chapters start dropping the day Summerset released this wouldnt be an issue. In fact if they caught this bug back then, the crown store release wouldnt have an issue. But i can see if the players had the last several weeks to farm the styles, then barely anyone would want to spend cash on the crown book.

I dont intend to be mean about it, but its obvious a cash grab plan by management backfired. I didnt see it before they took them down but lemme guess, both styles are priced at 5,000 crowns? Or is it 6,000?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    honestly I've been waiting for this motif since day one of its release to be available, so I'm pretty devastated that it got put off even longer. I was checking in last night and this morning cause i was excited for it, and was disappointed reading all the comments at work about the failed motifs... just really sad cause ive been wanting this outfit forever and now gotta wait even longer... by nature im not a patient person zos, so this hits me hard.
    Argonian Master Race
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

The Fang Lair and Scalecaller Crafting Motifs are now available, and there are two ways to obtain them. You can either defeat the last boss in the Fang Lair and Scalecaller dungeons for a chance at the Motif pages (or a guaranteed chance from Veteran Hard Mode!), or purchase the full Motif directly from the Crown Store.

EDIT: We had to remove these Motifs from the Crown Store temporarily due to a bug that was discovered. They will be re-added in the next incremental patch with the fix. These motifs are still dropping in-game.

First the Motif from last month and now this...
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I bought mine seemed to work fine... 5k crowns is a small expense to be able to dodge those dungeon fiascos... and its community.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I blew 520k gold on 2 motif pages, but was totally worth it. My sexy Psijic mage is ready.

8uAtGJT.jpg

Helped that I got a Psijic mount from my free crates too. :smiley:
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 28, 2018 6:53AM
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Update on the in-game Motif drops:

For now, hold off on learning the Scalecaller Motif or pages until the next incremental patch. For PC, this is scheduled for next Monday. For console, it'll be in about 3 weeks (we have some other fixes going into that patch). If you have a character that is currently unable to learn the Fang Lair Motif - which is tied to learning the Scalecaller Motif first - it should also be resolved in the next patch.

Fang Lair veteran dungeon, first boss keeps resetting. Can you move some devs from the crown store to the bugfixing department? Thank you...

You can't use pets in that dungeon. They reset all the bosses for some reason. So that means wardens can't complete this content. But it's okay, we're so bad almost no one wants us on their team anyway. Pet sorcs can just respec.
    For what it's worth, we're currently working on a fix for this.

@ZOS_GinaBruno So does this mean the crown store version of the motifs will be back on monday as well?
    For PC, yes.

Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    It is not clear to me how this affects in-game page drops from dungeon bosses. We can safely learn Fang Lair pages but not Scalecaller? Or is everything bugged and we should not learn any pages of Scalecaller or Fang Lair until after Monday's patch?
    Sorry, yes. If you haven't learned Scalecaller yet, you can still learn Fang Lair successfully. Basically what we found is if you learn Scalecaller first, then Fang Lair, that was causing Fang Lair not to work properly.

That is really odd as i don't have Scalecaller but i bought Fang lair and it seemed to work fine last night.. So i got really lucky?
    Edited by DanteYoda on June 28, 2018 4:55AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »

For now, hold off on learning the Scalecaller Motif or pages until the next incremental patch. For PC, this is scheduled for next Monday. For console, it'll be in about 3 weeks (we have some other fixes going into that patch). If you have a character that is currently unable to learn the Fang Lair Motif - which is tied to learning the Scalecaller Motif first - it should also be resolved in the next patch.

Fang Lair veteran dungeon, first boss keeps resetting. Can you move some devs from the crown store to the bugfixing department? Thank you...

You can't use pets in that dungeon. They reset all the bosses for some reason. So that means wardens can't complete this content. But it's okay, we're so bad almost no one wants us on their team anyway. Pet sorcs can just respec.

@ZOS_GinaBruno So does this mean the crown store version of the motifs will be back on monday as well?
    For PC, yes.

It is not clear to me how this affects in-game page drops from dungeon bosses. We can safely learn Fang Lair pages but not Scalecaller? Or is everything bugged and we should not learn any pages of Scalecaller or Fang Lair until after Monday's patch?
    Sorry, yes. If you haven't learned Scalecaller yet, you can still learn Fang Lair successfully. Basically what we found is if you learn Scalecaller first, then Fang Lair, that was causing Fang Lair not to work properly.

That is really odd as i don't have Scalecaller but i bought Fang lair and it seemed to work fine last night.. So i got really lucky?

That's what she said. If you unlocked Fang Lair first, you're fine.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    POps75p wrote: »
    Greetings all,

-Greg-

well than please advise at to when the Motifs will be avail for purchase or GIFT if the Crown store. Thank you

They did. Read the updated OP which was updated over 6 hours before this post I quoted.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

For PC, yes.

That's what she said. If you unlocked Fang Lair first, you're fine.

I was gonna buy both too but held off and only got Fang lair because its one of the only good looking skimpy gears to date..

Sick and tired of trenchcoats...
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

For PC, yes.

You can learn either on their own. Her explanation is not well worded, but the bug is that if you have already learned Scalecaller, trying to learn Fang Lair is bugged. Learning Fang Lair first or only is not a problem.

So you were lucky that you didn't buy Scalecaller.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

For PC, yes.

You can learn either on their own. Her explanation is not well worded, but the bug is that if you have already learned Scalecaller, trying to learn Fang Lair is bugged. Learning Fang Lair first or only is not a problem.

So you were lucky that you didn't buy Scalecaller.

Thank you for the response makes sense now.
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    So... ZOS decides to break long-established precedent by making an in-game-earned motif available on the Crown store on the same day it is released in game.

And only did they make a motif available on the Crown Store with a period of zero in-game exclusivity, they did this by delaying in-game availability by over 5 weeks.

And the end result of all this?
    • Nobody had a chance to get the motifs in-game ahead of time, so nobody could notice this problem before the motif arrived on the Crown Store. This bug would've been far less embarrassing as a day-0 Summerset bug that affected only individual chapters dropping from the dungeons, than as a glaring bug in a pair of 5K Crown Store items.
    • The Crown Store release has to be delayed--by 3 weeks on console--so ZOS still doesn't get the item selling on the Crown Store on day 1.

Frankly, I think this fiasco is great. After the disrespect that ZOS showed the PvE community by this delay-for-the-Crown-Store nonsense, it is so very satisfying to see this terrible release plan blow up in their face so spectacularly.

Yes there does seem to be some poetic justice in this :)
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    Is it possible to find on normal, or just vet?

If you take the other dungeons with motifs as a base then you have a chance of approximately 1% to get a motif page out of a normal run. So effectively, no they don't drop on normal.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

The Fang Lair and Scalecaller Crafting Motifs are now available, and there are two ways to obtain them. You can either defeat the last boss in the Fang Lair and Scalecaller dungeons for a chance at the Motif pages (or a guaranteed chance from Veteran Hard Mode!), or purchase the full Motif directly from the Crown Store.

EDIT: We had to remove these Motifs from the Crown Store temporarily due to a bug that was discovered. They will be re-added in the next incremental patch with the fix. These motifs are still dropping in-game.

It's sad that the Motif is also made available for outright purchase in the CS. It devalues it significantly.

So... either run a dungeon and get the reward or just purchase it. What's the point in playing at all it? I can work 1-2 hours in RL and earn my money for that Motif or work for several days in-game to get it (either by running the dungeon or earning in-game gold to purchase it in a guild store). Think about what people will prefer and if you really want a living game or a dead shop where we purchase something and wait for the next showcase while we play something else or just focus on RL.

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adernath wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

It's sad that the Motif is also made available for outright purchase in the CS. It devalues it significantly.

So... either run a dungeon and get the reward or just purchase it. What's the point in playing at all it? I can work 1-2 hours in RL and earn my money for that Motif or work for several days in-game to get it (either by running the dungeon or earning in-game gold to purchase it in a guild store). Think about what people will prefer and if you really want a living game or a dead shop where we purchase something and wait for the next showcase while we play something else or just focus on RL.

To be fair, you can just buy it with gold.
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 5:03PM
  • Pixel_Zealot
    Pixel_Zealot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Withhold PVE release so it can go live simultaneously on the crown store, ends up bugging out on the crown store.

giphy.gif
    Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to buy them from the CS. Holding them back from in-game, yet making master writs require them is a low blow and a good example how cynically they are viewing their player base. Thus, I will not buy them from CS. They want us to 'need' them ASAP so we'll pay real money for them - so I will NOT reward them for this travesty by doing so.

Their marketing strategies are becoming more and more predatory, greedy and cynical, treating their paying customers like mugs.

Funniest thing of all is: they don't even work properly! Bugged and not even fixed BEFOREHAND.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't plan on buying these since I only really like the look of the FL chests, so I was going to farm them or buy them with gold, but I know a lot of people were excited for their release, and its such a pity that not only they were bugged, but now there appears to be yet more delay in their availability... :pensive:
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adernath wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

To be fair, you can just buy it with gold.

Well, that's what I just said. Getting the hundreds of thousands of gold for the entire set also requires some effort. And regardless, someone would actually have to run this dungeon to farm the pages. But with the option of just purchasing it from the CS... it's just not the right way to implement it, if they are actually interested in people running that dungeon. I mean, the entire point of adding motifs into dungeons should be to have a motivation to run them, therefore increasing the health of the game and from ZoS point of view therefore also guarantee the income. In the end no one will invest into a dead game, which can not be of anyone's interest.

In my opinion if they add it to the CS it should at least be time-limited only.