The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Nightblade Feedback Thread

• xI_The_Owl_Ix
    xI_The_Owl_Ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by xI_The_Owl_Ix on April 19, 2021 5:30PM
  • xI_The_Owl_Ix
    xI_The_Owl_Ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5tcabVg.png

Thank you ZoS for nerfing this overperfoming skill! Finally!!!!! :clown:
  • Zewks
    Zewks
    ✭✭✭
    A bit late to the party, but here are my 2

1. For stam builds, other weapons just dont seem to be competitive with 2hand.

2. For mag pvp build, the fact that you pretty much HAVE to use a healing staff in your 2nd weapon slot.

In both situations, it feels like options are very lacking due to nothing else even remotely feeling anywhere near as good or as competitive.
  • Doczy
    Doczy
    ✭✭✭
    its joke right?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5tcabVg.png

Thank you ZoS for nerfing this overperfoming skill! Finally!!!!! :clown:
    I am kinda glad it is only 5%... and not 50 or something. ZOS tends to be heavy-handed sometimes lol :joy:

But with all seriousness, where are the bug fixes ? I mean, NB needs some buffs & qol fixes. But instead we got a nerf to a skill that is not even that good to begin with...

Idk how to "read" that change. Are we supposed to be happy that it is the only nerf we got ? ? ? 🤔
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power Extraction requires a buff.
    Power Extraction loses to Whirling Blades in solo PvE.
    Probably I'm the only one using Power Extraction in PvP.
    The quote below is my idea.
    Need change Drain Power's Major Brutality and Major Sorcery to Siphoning Strikes.
    And Drain Power, Sap Essence, Power Extraction needs to be redesigned.

[My idea]
    Change Drain Power's Major Brutality and Major Sorcery to Siphoning Strikes.
    Change Minor Cowardice of Power Extraction to Drain Power.
    Adds an effect to Power Extraction that "the more enemies hit, the more damage Power Extraction do".
    (It's like the Titanic Cleave of the Master Weapon set for two-handed skill)

The summary is as follows.

Drain Power
    AoE damage + Minor Cowardice

Power Extraction (Stamina Morph)
    AoE damage + Minor Cowardice + "the more enemies hit, the more damage Power Extraction do"

Sap Essence (Magicka Morph)
    AoE damage + Minor Cowardice + "Same heal effect as before"

Siphoning Strikes
    Major Brutality and Major Sorcery + "Same effect as before"
  • miguelcura
    miguelcura
    ✭✭✭
    Nigthblade magicka needs to give some unique benefit to the magicka group. It's disgusting to see everything full of necros just from bigger breach and colossus. gross.

It's simple, Hemorrhage should crit with spells too or something similar for magic.

Rather, all classes should give a unique buff.
    Edited by miguelcura on April 26, 2021 11:27PM
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zewks wrote: »
    2. For mag pvp build, the fact that you pretty much HAVE to use a healing staff in your 2nd weapon slot.

+ we are forced to use healing staff for a SINGLE heal that doesn't even heal us in many situations and instead target a random guy near (why cares that mNB has 10k hp = 50% that warden guy with 19k = 45% is more important)
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reaper's Mark need buff.
    I want increase the duration of Major Berserk.
    It would be even better if Major Berserk was given to the whole group.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reaper's Mark need buff.
    I want increase the duration of Major Berserk.
    It would be even better if Major Berserk was given to the whole group.

That would be absolutely insane in pve with any boss fight that has trash mobs. And equally silly in pvp with groups running with a nb bomber.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I would really just like stealth to work properly. Its got to the point where you may as well not bother what with broken detect pots that light you up permanently, getting dragged out by your own caltrops hitting, pets popping you and sentry having basically unlimited range....

PCNA
    PCEU
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still dissatisfied with Nightblade.
    Power Extraction and Reaper's Mark need improvement.
    If Reaper's Mark's Major Berserk is given to the group, it will be able to contribute more in PvE.
    Few people even use Power Extraction in PvE and PvP.
    It obviously needs a big improvement.
  • Sagetim
    Sagetim
    ✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    Honestly I would really just like stealth to work properly. Its got to the point where you may as well not bother what with broken detect pots that light you up permanently, getting dragged out by your own caltrops hitting, pets popping you and sentry having basically unlimited range....

Agreed
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    I feel our block is is junk...

Or maybe it's just me...

PvE, fighting mobs, see an arrow/shuriken/knife coming...Hit block and still take the damage.

I've gotten used to not even using it anymore. If I'm going to take damage anyway, I'll just keep light attacking instead...

Stealth, I can't seem to get it to work at all...Haven't gotten a stealth kill ever since I started playing....

Could be doing it wrong, but I don't think so....

I'll add more once I get to a higher level/more skills....

Lv26 currently...
  • hundergrn
    hundergrn
    ✭✭✭
    I feel our block is is junk...

Or maybe it's just me...

PvE, fighting mobs, see an arrow/shuriken/knife coming...Hit block and still take the damage.

I've gotten used to not even using it anymore. If I'm going to take damage anyway, I'll just keep light attacking instead...

Stealth, I can't seem to get it to work at all...Haven't gotten a stealth kill ever since I started playing....

Could be doing it wrong, but I don't think so....

I'll add more once I get to a higher level/more skills....

Lv26 currently...

Block only gives ~50% damage mitigation for the chunk of stam it takes away. Dodge Roll works for no damage but in PvP can be buggy and laggy... works 2/3rds of the time as long as you are on top of it. Bit more reliable in PvE and tends to cost less.
    Stealth be a bit borked, just about everything can take you out of it. Not only does Magelight, Hunter Skill, and several other skills detect you. You also have to worry about detect pots, sorc pets find you regardless, aoe damage, dot damage, detection bonuses through skills and armor, your own damage skills, and sometimes even your own healing skills popping your stealth prematurely .

Its good for the initial approach to get a guaranteed crit and stun to give you a small burst window or for the lucky disengage once the fight goes out of your favor (kind of boned there as is).

For stealth kills in PvE... at melee, you are down to blade of woe (good luck), saving your merciless resolve proc for the initial strike of the next mob, or getting the vVH Bow with a 3m snipe. Otherwise itll be sneak, ambush, surprise attack, execute.

Good luck leveling.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need change Drain Power's Major Brutality and Major Sorcery to Siphoning Strikes.

[My idea]
    Adds an effect to Power Extraction that "the more enemies hit, the more damage Power Extraction do".

Drain Power

AoE damage + Minor Cowardice + "the more enemies hit, the more damage Power Extraction do"

Siphoning Strikes
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do hope that upcoming changes will make cloak more reliable without making it useless. Because it may be the case 🤔
    If it happens (cloak becomes useless), NB class is dead.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 9, 2021 10:04PM
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do hope that upcoming changes will make cloak more reliable without making it useless. Because it may be the case 🤔
    If it happens (cloak becomes useless), NB class is dead.

The changes seem Interesting. Time will tell.
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if it gets ruined I'm hoping this is the starting point for some [snip] ground work for the adjustments they promised 2-3 years ago and are finally returning to in the next update and/or chapter.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 23, 2022 7:52PM
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Ezorus
    Ezorus
    ✭✭✭
    Well it was fun playing this game occasionally some 4 years but my god this PVP team couldn't balance an egg on a spoon!

Going into the patch notes I expected no buffs for night blades and also we got are massive [snip] nerfs. It's literally like the people deciding things dont play. We were promised in the pre-notes that stealth and cloak would be more realiable (cause you know it is THE most inconsistent skill in the game EVERYTHING breaks it including your own abilities).

Yet all's I'm seeing is that its going to be working LESS. And there is a buff to 3 skills that work AGAINST us and increased damage to vampires which nearly all night blades are!

No mention to nerf unkillable werewolves, reduce the amount of self healing some classes have, nerf over tuned skills like streak and leap.

Yet our CORE class identifying skill takes another hit.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 9, 2022 7:33PM
  • shrekt4303
    shrekt4303
    ✭✭
    Ezorus wrote: »
    Well it was fun playing this game occasionally some 4 years but my god this PVP team couldn't balance an egg on a spoon!

Going into the patch notes I expected no buffs for night blades and also we got are massive [snip] nerfs. It's literally like the people deciding things dont play. We were promised in the pre-notes that stealth and cloak would be more realiable (cause you know it is THE most inconsistent skill in the game EVERYTHING breaks it including your own abilities).

Yet all's I'm seeing is that its going to be working LESS. And there is a buff to 3 skills that work AGAINST us and increased damage to vampires which nearly all night blades are!

No mention to nerf unkillable werewolves, reduce the amount of self healing some classes have, nerf over tuned skills like streak and leap.

Yet our CORE class identifying skill takes another hit.

Good. Stamblade was overperforming damage wise.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 9, 2022 7:34PM
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[My idea]

Drain Power

Siphoning Strikes

I'm still dissatisfied with Nightblade.
    Power Extraction need improvement.

I'm the only player using Power Extraction in PvP.
    I like dual wield and bows, so I just use them "unavoidably".
    For solo and group PvE, Power Extraction is weaker than Whirling Blades.
    Power Extraction is too weak in both PvP and PvE.
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[My idea]

Drain Power

Siphoning Strikes

Power extraction is a joke, you can't literally use it unless you want to lose 1 slot of skill
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezorus wrote: »
    and increased damage to vampires which nearly all night blades are!

Where are you reading this? If anything the amount of damage done to Vampires is going down! Prismatic glyph is becoming a sustain glyph, and the Fighter's Guild passive will still equal 20% increased damage to vampires so nothing new there. Where in the patch notes is this mythical damage increase against vampires???
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malevolent Offering is absolutely terrible, the implementation and idea behind it was horrible from the day it came into existence. It even makes you scratch your head even when you see all the heals every other class gets. It's time to bring Nightblades into the future, Malevoent Offering should be a burst heal for Nightblade.

Cripple, needs a rework, I would suggest adding a heal over time option to it which heals for a portion of the damage ticks

Drain Power is absolute garbage tier, there are so many better ways to get access to Major Brutality and or Major Sorcery, putting these on the morphs for Siphoning Strikes makes sense. This allows you to rework the skill completely. What really irks me about this skill is that Dragonknight gets the same skill in 'Inhale' which its morph actually heals for 147% of the damage done while the Nightblade heals for 205 plus 20% for each enemy hit.

Asides I worry about update 32 with the crit cap, Nightblades are excelling right now because of how high we can get our crit. This is absolutely going to demolish Nightblades in PVP especially with crit mitigation being so easy to get and everyone running it.
  • Myux
    Myux
    ✭✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    Malevolent Offering is absolutely terrible, the implementation and idea behind it was horrible from the day it came into existence. It even makes you scratch your head even when you see all the heals every other class gets. It's time to bring Nightblades into the future, Malevoent Offering should be a burst heal for Nightblade.

Cripple, needs a rework, I would suggest adding a heal over time option to it which heals for a portion of the damage ticks

Drain Power is absolute garbage tier, there are so many better ways to get access to Major Brutality and or Major Sorcery, putting these on the morphs for Siphoning Strikes makes sense. This allows you to rework the skill completely. What really irks me about this skill is that Dragonknight gets the same skill in 'Inhale' which its morph actually heals for 147% of the damage done while the Nightblade heals for 205 plus 20% for each enemy hit.

Asides I worry about update 32 with the crit cap, Nightblades are excelling right now because of how high we can get our crit. This is absolutely going to demolish Nightblades in PVP especially with crit mitigation being so easy to get and everyone running it.

magblade doesnt need a burst heal. our whole thing defensively is that we, normally, have a lot of hands off HoT (that we do not currently have because the class is horrible).

cripple is perfect. its one of my favorite skills in the game, my only complaint is that its usefulness drops off a lot in cyro. if it got an aoe effect that would be neat, but removing anything from it would be absolutely horrible. its crucial for magblades game design of being a class that controls what the opponent is doing.
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Refreshing path/twisting path needs a synergy for each morph, twisting could add debuff since it already deal damage and refreshing could either be a burst heal with ressource gain or apply some good defensive/regen buff

Grim focus is getting nerfed/sidegraded in U32 as you loose 10% crit damage done and crit healing taken for just +5% damage at max stack

Drain power and its morphs are by far the worst skill in the NB kit, being forced to hit enemies in melee range to get the major damage buffs that any other class can cast out of combat and can last even much longer with better utility attached to them

Major sorcery/savagery needs to be given to another skill and change essence extraction due to the short range not really making the skill benefit anyone but a melee/tank in the middle of a blob of enemies since healers can't afford to stand in the middle of the fight in harder content
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade's Passive ability "Transfer" can hardly be used with Stamina DPS.
    Stamina DPS can trigger a "Transfer" with Leeching Strikes, but it's rarely used as it's not included in the rotation.

Need to change the effect of "Transfer".
    For example, Ultimate cost reduction or Minor Heroism.
    If the effect of "Transfer" change to Minor Heroism, it will be possible to create a unique tank.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foxtrot39 wrote: »
    Refreshing path/twisting path needs a synergy for each morph, twisting could add debuff since it already deal damage and refreshing could either be a burst heal with ressource gain or apply some good defensive/regen buff

Grim focus is getting nerfed/sidegraded in U32 as you loose 10% crit damage done and crit healing taken for just +5% damage at max stack

Drain power and its morphs are by far the worst skill in the NB kit, being forced to hit enemies in melee range to get the major damage buffs that any other class can cast out of combat and can last even much longer with better utility attached to them

Major sorcery/savagery needs to be given to another skill and change essence extraction due to the short range not really making the skill benefit anyone but a melee/tank in the middle of a blob of enemies since healers can't afford to stand in the middle of the fight in harder content

I agree with your opinion.
    Major Brutality and Sorcery should be in Siphoning Strikes.
    Edited by master_vanargand on October 7, 2021 3:41AM
  • TheS1X
    TheS1X
    ✭✭✭
    NB needs a buff, relentless should get back its stamina regen + 10% damage boost because upcoming relentless changes feel like huge nerf to me, that damage boost should be higher than 5% for sure, it really feels low, not sure if this skill would be worth of space on the skill bar.
    Stealth should work better, it feel very unreliable atm...
    I hope Zos sees NB as assassin class and tries to keep its gameplay style.
    Atm it kind of feels going other direction :disappointed: