Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Please LOSE the Commercial

• GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can wait for the "Announcement-Begone" Scroll. On sale for only 1200 crowns! Good for 1 week! Announcements don't comeback after the first closing while active! XD
    Options
  • ola.wilhelmssonb16_ESO
    I think this needs to be repeated until the marketing trolls at ZOS gets it:
    Advertisements for products we already bought and paid for, is utterly annoying and very counterproductive.
    Options
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'No thank you' doesn't let the window appears, but you still can get your daily reward from inside the crown store in a new tab they added ;)
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
    Options
  • Rocki
    Rocki
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else just close it now without even looking at it? I didn't even realise they'd added that goat until I saw some streamers talking about it on twitch. Before it only used to pop up when there was something new and I'd take a look through it, now I just insta-close it.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rocki wrote: »
    Does anyone else just close it now without even looking at it? I didn't even realise they'd added that goat until I saw some streamers talking about it on twitch. Before it only used to pop up when there was something new and I'd take a look through it, now I just insta-close it.

Yes. Even if it presented something I cared about, I wouldn't know because I would close it immediately. It is in the way. It is not what I want to be doing at the moment. It is taking up time, however small, and screen space, however large, and it has no benefit.

The add-ons now do this for me. They are not quite fast enough to prevent the window from appearing, so I am still not as happy as I could be, but it allows me to play for the 3-4 minutes per day that I am currently investing in the game.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rocki wrote: »

I think everybody who doesn't use an addon to hide it...
    Options
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I swear it's why the char load screen is so damn long.
    Options
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

You could be right about that one. I think my load screen is much longer.
    Options
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Earthewen wrote: »
    Mureel wrote: »

You could be right about that one. I think my load screen is much longer.

Yeah it's only when I swap characters, too damn long.
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    Durnik wrote: »
    Why are you guys discussing something that you can fix? This is the greatest puzzle of them all...

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2008-Nothankyoucontinued.html
    use this and just go play the game.

You are missing the point. You should not have to run an addon to get rid of a popup ad in game.

Yes, PC players have this option, which I have used.

I will... For the first time in my life, lobby on behalf of poor console players. They don't have this option.

#PoorConsolePlayers

#NoThankYouForConsoles

#PCmasterrace

I dont think this is going to end with No Thank You. Because this is likely going to be where you gather your daily rewards. I forsee ZOS coming down hard on the NTY add-on claiming that its interfering with gameplay.

The push here should absolutely be to get this changed/removed and for ZOS to figure out a better more player friendly interface to accept their daily rewards while still being updated about new Crown Store additions.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you guys discussing something that you can fix? This is the greatest puzzle of them all...

You are missing the point. You should not have to run an addon to get rid of a popup ad in game.

I will... For the first time in my life, lobby on behalf of poor console players. They don't have this option.

#PoorConsolePlayers

#NoThankYouForConsoles

#PCmasterrace

I dont think this is going to end with No Thank You. Because this is likely going to be where you gather your daily rewards. I forsee ZOS coming down hard on the NTY add-on claiming that its interfering with gameplay.

The push here should absolutely be to get this changed/removed and for ZOS to figure out a better more player friendly interface to accept their daily rewards while still being updated about new Crown Store additions.

No. You can get your daily rewards elsewhere, or at least you could on PTS. The purpose of this panel is to advertize. The daily reward is the justification for throwing it in our face a lot more.

They won't come down on NTY.

#PoorConsolePlayers
    Edited by Elsonso on May 26, 2018 3:39PM
    Options
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    i own base game, morrowind and summerset = stop the AD'S
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

#PoorConsolePlayers

#NoThankYouForConsoles

#PCmasterrace

There is already another addon that disables only the pop-up window on logging in, nothing else. It won't interfere with daily rewards.
    Options
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    I fear that blocking this may interfere with the daily rewards. If you read this article it states....
    "When you log into The Elder Scrolls Online, you'll see your available reward waiting to be claimed in the new announcement panel. You can claim it right there or when you log out. "

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26375
    Edited by Durnik on May 26, 2018 9:27PM
    Options
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I fear that blocking this may interfere with the daily rewards. If you read this article it states....
    "When you log into The Elder Scrolls Online, you'll see your available reward waiting to be claimed in the new announcement panel. You can claim it right there or when you log out. "

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26375

The crown store on the PTS had 2 new tabs: one for gifting and one for daily rewards. You could access it there directly without needing to do it through the pop-up ad.
    Options
  • Mica-Tempes
    That Crown Store tab is there on live.

Get rid of the ad!
    Options
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another stupid decision by the marketing department dribbled down into the game. :v

Ban marketing from participating in the game directly, industry-wide.
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
    Options
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently someone in ESO marketing believes that increasingly annoying us with ads, time-limited sales, over-priced crown shop houses, etc., has no impact on the bottom line.

Apparently the increasing need to qualify our enjoyment of the game when we discuss it with others by saying "yeah it's a fun game but their monetization is getting pretty bad" has no impact on attracting new players and it's no different to them than saying "yeah it's a fun game" with no negative qualifiers.

Maybe ZOS has gotten to the point in this game where they're ready to go maintenance mode, are bored with it and just want to focus on some new unannounced project so they could care less that the players and general public are increasingly seeing them as no different than EA with their lack of respect for customers.

At a time when there is an increasing number of studios trying to carve out a positive public image for themselves by making strong anti-lootbox and pro-consumer statements ZOS just seems to arrogantly not give much of a *** about how we perceive them. They seem to have no long term plan as long as they can grab a quick buck from a largely transient casual population.

I wonder how all of this will work out for them in the long run and how much anyone will trust anything they say when they constantly go back on previous statements about what they will and won't do to monetize the game.
    Options
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont mind the add once I login for the first time in a day or after long time in a day. But right now I am farming blueprints logging into different characters every 5 minutes and getting this annoying pop up EACH TIME. And to save myself from dying to mobs I have to wait for this stupid add to close itself first before I can actually do anything which sometimes takes up to 15 seconds because of how everything is loading in.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
    Options
  • Kimba_Do
    Kimba_Do
    ✭✭✭
    Not only is it intrusive and annoying, but come on, guys. Is your database so poorly managed you can't tell you are trying to sell me what I've already bought? How do you think this is going to encourage me to um, what, repurchase them? Hint: It won't. What it will do, however, is *** me off to the point I'll be considerably more reluctant to pre-purchase the next content you come up with. Maybe pissed enough to not purchase it at all, let alone get it early.
    Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with catsup.
    You're all just a bunch of pixels. Turn off the power and you cease to exist.
    White Lions. Bringing the jungle fame for over 50 years.
    Options
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_JesC wrote: »
    Greetings, we've removed a few comments that contained personal insults directed at other members. Please remember that baiting comments are not permitted as outlined in our forum rules. Posts need to remain constructive and contribute to the conversation in some way. Thank you for your understanding.

But you didn't remove the commercial, which was the point of this thread.

Options
  • idrankyourbeer
    idrankyourbeer
    ✭✭✭
    incite wrote: »
    0 people here who commented actually understand the reasoning behind it and its businessmodel, getting exposed to it repetitively is key here. If you really love the game, be happy they're doing it. Stop acting so smug about it.

yeah i should be happy that they are shoving ads in my face 10 times in a 3 minute span when i go to log in to all my characters and collect my mats from all my hirelings. real real happy.

i cant wait to login for the next round, where it will remind me 10 times in another 3 minutes just in case i might have forgotten about whatever crap i wasnt going to buy the last 10 times it popped up. in the last 3 days. ive been spammed over 50 times. i had no interest in buying any of this crap before hand, annoying me over and over and over again isnt going to change my mind and make me mosey on over to the crown store and gamble all of my hard earned money away on tri restoration potions, repair kits, and soul gems, or dump a huge amount of money on some virtual house or mount when i can just buy a couple full AAA games off of steam instead.

how anybody can defend this bombardment of unwanted spam in a AAA full priced game with additional subscriptions and additional DLC fees oops hurr durr i mean "chapters" is beyond me. i'd expect to find that kind of garbage in some game thats free to play on android or something

Edited by idrankyourbeer on May 27, 2018 12:26AM
    Options
  • missjackieb14_ESO
    missjackieb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    0 people here who commented actually understand the reasoning behind it and its businessmodel, getting exposed to it repetitively is key here. If you really love the game, be happy they're doing it. Stop acting so smug about it.

Why be exposed? I'm already a subscriber; which means they have my money every month. There is absolutely no logical reasoning behind the big ad, other than to annoy and possibly take more money from the paying customer.
    Options
  • aedra
    aedra
    ✭✭✭
    Not much new to add...I'm normally tolerant of ads but its starting to get on my nerves as well. I keep clicking off this big new obnoxious one straight away without even looking. Also, I don't want adds of things I already have.

Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Zeni, my wallet thanks you for your ambush marketing tactics.I had no problem with the market announcements before, they weren't too frequent, and on multiple occasions were the reason I saw and purchased something. The new ads are way too aggressive. I got so tired of having it shoved down my throat 10-12 times a day that I now use an add-on to suppress them. Now I'll never see an ad, and never make an impulse crown store purchase.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why be exposed? I'm already a subscriber; which means they have my money every month. There is absolutely no logical reasoning behind the big ad, other than to annoy and possibly take more money from the paying customer.

Rule #1. Leave no money on the table. :smile:
    Options
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Rule #1. Leave no money on the table. :smile:

Unless it's counterfeit. :D
    Options
  • kratier
    kratier
    ✭✭✭✭
    meh you want a f2p you got it
    Options
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Thanks Zeni, my wallet thanks you for your ambush marketing tactics.I had no problem with the market announcements before, they weren't too frequent, and on multiple occasions were the reason I saw and purchased something. The new ads are way too aggressive. I got so tired of having it shoved down my throat 10-12 times a day that I now use an add-on to suppress them. Now I'll never see an ad, and never make an impulse crown store purchase.

What addon is it? I'm looking for one that actually works right now.
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthewen wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »

What addon is it? I'm looking for one that actually works right now.

No, Thank You, in the settings under Crown Store, Hide Market Announcement.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options