Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Please LOSE the Commercial

• ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed a few comments that contained personal insults directed at other members. Please remember that baiting comments are not permitted as outlined in our forum rules. Posts need to remain constructive and contribute to the conversation in some way. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit agrees this is too much.

With a full staff of apprentices busy crafting and researching, to see this all the time, right in the nose, displacing the whiskers - it is too much.

Also actually as this one is a most stubborn sort of creature she is quite put off by over intrusive advertising of this type.

If you wave something in the face always then this one she is far more likely to hiss and retreat in annoyance than if she had received the information in another way - for example in the mail just once.

Once Khajiit is aware of something then she is aware and that it is that. Reminding this one again and again does not seek to heighten the awareness - only the annoyance.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So part of why this login announcement screen is so huge is that it's also going to contain the upcoming "login rewards" thing (which settles ill with me, but that's a discussion for another time). Since that system is not yet live, we're seeing a pretty messy, ugly advertising space.

A large problem is that we are LOCKED into this adspace, which while dismissing it is a quick press of Alt away, it is NOT dismissed by movement or any other keypress. This can be a problem if you login after a crash in the middle of combat (someone earlier used Cyrodiil as an example).

I'm hoping this gets fixed later as such: If the upcoming Login Rewards system is account-wide, then the Announcements Window should only appear ONCE per day per account. If it's per-character, then ONCE per day per character. I saw right away the "Announcements" option when you hit ESC, so if I really want to see it, I'll go back to it. And if any directional keypress is sent, dismiss the window.
          In verity.
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_JesC wrote: »
    Greetings, we've removed a few comments that contained personal insults directed at other members. Please remember that baiting comments are not permitted as outlined in our forum rules. Posts need to remain constructive and contribute to the conversation in some way. Thank you for your understanding.

Seriously? They really need to change moderators icons for the forums. This is actually a pretty big issue and instead of coming in and finding a comment by a Community Manager or Developer we have this.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    N/A
    Edited by hexnotic on November 16, 2020 1:22PM
    Options
  • John_1999
    John_1999
    ✭✭✭

can you remove the ads too?
    Magicka Templar: Tammi von Tamriel
    Stammina Templar: John James Smith

-Current CP: 3601-

-Just a noob in a world full of pro's.-
    -There is no bussines like lag bussines-
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a good medium point is it only appears once per day. At the very least once per day per character.

Seeing it 20x has caused me to ignore it by pressing any button as soon as I log in. So in the end it is has become an auto response and has negated the benefit Zos had intended.

At least make it smarter. Seems that is something Zos should be able to do. Seeing an ad for the expansion that I clearly own it very pointless. The rest of the stuff that I may or may not have will never be seen. I find this kind of laughable.
    Options
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not understand why people are upset over an advertisment?

Close window
    Move on

What about this is so upsetting?

No ads for ESO plus seems reasonable to me but if it is just when you first log in a character I do not see the issue.

I will get to experience it on June 5th.

Hope all your gaming experiences improve in the future.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
    Options
  • billp_ESO
    billp_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's about as enjoyable as a 2 year old asking me for a cookie EVERY TIME I walk in the room, even if I just gave him a cookie.
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    incite wrote: »
    Funny how every reply I get starts with how "I experience these adds". Please think about the bigger picture, ESO doesnt only revolve around what you want.

I think we can all agree, the more these adds appear to thousands of players a day, the more chance zos gets more money in the bank.

There is actually something bigger going on than some individuals not liking dem adds.

If the goal is for ZOS to get money, then can they quit bombarding me with ads for stuff I already bought?

I'm playing my pre-order of Summerset. Somehow I dont think I need to reminded to buy Summerset.

"Quit bombarding ME", "I'M playing MY preorder", "I dont think I need to reminded".

Ok.

But the long-term implications of this are that people will be conditioned to alt out of the ad without looking; the notifications aren't based on your past purchases or interests so there's no reason to look through them. Therefore said ad is actually counterproductive to getting people into the store and spending money.

Even people that DON'T own the content will quickly get tired of the persistence (made especially awful for people who have a lot of alts) of the ad. It comes up every log-in, every day, on every character regardless of if you actually looked through it before or despite not offering anything new since last time. Again, counterproductive.

It's not about "me" or "my experience". It's about the long-term effects of such aggressive marketing, especially in a paid for game. One again, ZOS appears to be focusing on short-term flash profit, rather than extended customer satisfaction and long-term revenue from them. How many people are already installing what amounts to an ad-blocker and the update had been live less than 72 hours?

If ZOS wants people opening the crown store and spending money, annoying them incessantly is probably one of the worst ways to accomplish that goal.

I think yall are feeding the trolls here. Its been universally hated since it launched and suddenly theres a handful of posters that are telling people to "suck it up" and baiting people into these long responses. They arent adding anything to the discussion, they arent making any rational attempts to explain why this is a good thing. Just that there "must be a good reason" while telling players theyre over reacting... As if thats going to do anything besides eventually getting the thread shutdown from someone succumbing to their need to snap over being baited. My advice here is if they arent actually putting in the effort to actually engage you with real discussion. Ignore them.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • Night_Watch
    Night_Watch
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit agrees this is too much.

[Other fuffy, yet wise, remarks from our most esteemed kitty]

As much as the annoyance can be easily dismissed the ads are just too big and intrusive.

Come on Zos! Play fair. We all kmow that, as a bussiness, your goal is to make money. This ad campaign is, evidentally, turning loyal customers against you though. I already pay ESO+ have bought the base game [and again as a gift] and Morrowind and Summerset and other things including crowns. Advertise by all means but listen to your customers before you lose not only them but their family members, friends and other social contacts as potential customers and more importantly their trust in you regarding any future products.

And whichever genius thought that these huge ads would be OK and not put off existing or new players / payers ... well I'm not going to make further personnel [sic] remarks.

"If there is an underlying oneness of all things, it does not matter where we begin, whether with stars, or laws of supply and demand, or frogs, or Napoleon Bonaparte. One measures a circle, beginning anywhere."

Charles Fort - Lo! (1931)
    Options
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭

Truly? Lets remove some Comments but adressing the Issue at Hand? No Way. Awesome, perfect skills
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
    Options
  • incite
    incite
    ✭✭✭✭
    [edited to remove quote]

[edited to remove baiting comment]

Ofc you are allowed to dislike and say so, but then also allow me to disagree.

You seem to have the impression I love these adds and I want to see them each time I log in. No, im just stating I understand the reasoning behind it from a business point of view. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you think im going after snappy responses, you're gravely mistaken and missed the point entirely.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on May 24, 2018 2:23PM
    PC EU

no1 knows me, no1 cares about me but sshh, don't tell

Options
  • incite
    incite
    ✭✭✭✭
    0 people here who commented actually understand the reasoning behind it and its businessmodel, getting exposed to it repetitively is key here. If you really love the game, be happy they're doing it. Stop acting so smug about it.

What's truly smug is some smartarse pretending he knows something we don't but not explaining the how or why of it.

No matter how many times ZoS try to bully me into do it, I am not buying Summerset again.

PS: People, be sure to submit this as an in-game feedback (there's a UI subcategory somewhere). Then you know your complaint is going to ZoS.

There's a diff in me explaining it and you not want to accept it, which is fine.
    PC EU

no1 knows me, no1 cares about me but sshh, don't tell

Options
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    making a feature that's so annoying players install an addon that means they'll never see it again kind of defeats the whole point of making that feature in the first place, surely?
    Options
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather have it once a day at first log on. I am really hoping that it does not start happening when using the /reloadui command.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Options
  • Asha_11_ESO
    Asha_11_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Once per day, seems reasonable to me. Once I've seen it, either I read it and follow up on something that interests me, or I close it.

Shoving it in my face over and over again whenever I switch characters, or log off and on again during the day, is just obnoxious and rude. And the effect of this is that I'm bleeping annoyed and will download an addon so I never have to see it.
    Options
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank goodness there is already an addon to deal with this annoyance:

Hid Login Announcement.
    Options
  • runicnomad
    runicnomad
    ✭✭✭
    I use the addon below and this popup no longer shows.

It is obvious that with all the different posts about this and the solutions to fix it with an addon being in all of them people are not interested in actually fixing this themselves. However if you want a fix here you go...

this addon fixes the announcement so it never shows up:
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info865-Nothankyou.html

there is a newer version someone else picked up to fix the UI errors and there are instructions in comments on how to fix them in the above version.
    I use it and I have no more ad popup when I login.
    Options
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously? They really need to change moderators icons for the forums. This is actually a pretty big issue and instead of coming in and finding a comment by a Community Manager or Developer we have this.

Anyone that has ever been in the industry knows if you are a mod (and these days even a dev) you do not engage when the mob is screaming about whatever is making them angry this minute.

It doesn't mean they aren't listening, or not caring about what you are saying (Still that doesn't mean they agree with you after all it's their game their vision). The advert itself is probably not going away...but I suspect the ad for something that has been purchased by the player will have a substitution for something else they may be selling.

I know I know that is terrible too ...ZoS is evil greedy blah blah blah
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if the marketing department knows this but as soon as I log in and see that HUGE popup the first thing I search for is the close button to get it off the screen. I don't even pay attention to what is in the advertisement.

The old way was a little more friendly.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way, there is already an addon to hide this... thing. It works. For once, people win.

You have to search for 'hideloguinannouncement' in minion.

"I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's a novel idea that would be a win/win...

You know an excellent time that a slideshow could offer the latest and greatest from the crown store and no one would mind so much?

Load screens...
    • You're not missing out on anything, since you can't do anything during this time anyway.
    • There are several during any given login, so one is likely to see all the slides.
    • You don't have the option (nor need) to exit out of it.
    • While the ability to weapon swap at L15 is no doubt an outstanding loadscreen tip, I think most here have that covered.
    This way, it becomes the equivalent to a billboard you look at while waiting for a stoplight to change, vs the barricade a construction crew brings out and plants firmly in your lane, 10 feet in front of your car.

Which do you think would be more effective and may actually generate leads, vs annoyance or avoidance?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are now a couple addons that hide this, as others have stated. I recommend No, Thank you!

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2008-0.0.1.html
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
    Options
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A smaller window when new stuff gets added, or when something is about to get removed from the store would be more than enough. (Or better, stop removing stuff from the store to create artificial rarity.)

Advertising is cancer and detracts from the overall experience of the game.
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
    Options
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    It's too big ... It's locking content ... it's making people die to the enemy ... seriously you guys are nuts

It takes up one quarter of the screen, as soon as it pops circle on the ps4 closes it ... It's visible for less then a second unless you choose to click through it

Get a grip people this is fine 1 second at log in isn't much

Ah excuses for people to accept it. I wonder when it will be unacceptable to you. Maybe having a 30 second cool like watching a video commercial on YouTube? Maybe the screen should be on for a minute. After all if one second is acceptable, 60 seconds should be acceptable as well.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a novel idea that would be a win/win...

You know an excellent time that a slideshow could offer the latest and greatest from the crown store and no one would mind so much?

Load screens...
    • You're not missing out on anything, since you can't do anything during this time anyway.
    • There are several during any given login, so one is likely to see all the slides.
    • You don't have the option (nor need) to exit out of it.
    • While the ability to weapon swap at L15 is no doubt an outstanding loadscreen tip, I think most here have that covered.
    This way, it becomes the equivalent to a billboard you look at while waiting for a stoplight to change, vs the barricade a construction crew brings out and plants firmly in your lane, 10 feet in front of your car.

Which do you think would be more effective and may actually generate leads, vs annoyance or avoidance?

Actually, pretty solid plan. Also dont forget, Wayshrines are not just for Resurrection, you can travel to them as well.
    Options
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    billp_ESO wrote: »
    It's about as enjoyable as a 2 year old asking me for a cookie EVERY TIME I walk in the room, even if I just gave him a cookie.

So True. It's even worse because I ALREADY HAVE IT! So why throw it in my face? I already supported you and bought what you are shoving in my face.

Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
    Options
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    So amused at the (very) few people who are eye-rolling and telling us this will help ZOS earn money. Will it though? Really?

Buy Summerset! kthx I have it
    Preorder to get flaming mount! Yep, thanks.
    Buy Morrowind! mmhmm I have that too
    OMG what about Battlegrounds! see above

Switch characters and the entire process starts over, as if somehow I lost all of the above.

Once a day is MORE than enough. If they also used that entire screen to block show the different ads in one space...that would be even better since it's not intuitive enough to know what's on my account. And ESO+ should have an opt-out.

Did you know that you don't have to read them all and can instantly dismiss it?

Did you know that was my entire point? It's counter-productive. Training me to not read it is not going to get me to spend money in the store. So, um, thanks for reinforcing my point?
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
    Options
  • Ssalaar
    Ssalaar
    ✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    It's too big ... It's locking content ... it's making people die to the enemy ... seriously you guys are nuts

It takes up one quarter of the screen, as soon as it pops circle on the ps4 closes it ... It's visible for less then a second unless you choose to click through it

Get a grip people this is fine 1 second at log in isn't much

If we become comfortable with this then what else will they be able to get away with? -,-

Ummm, this patch hasn't hit the PS4 TMK. It is only out on the PC for Summerset and it takes up the whole screen. The old version was 1/4th the screen and once a day on the first toon signed in. This is now full screen, 10 panes and you get it with every character.

It is sad and annoying. But apparently it is here to stay for now. It reminds me of the subliminal messages the drive ins got banned for playing to try to get people to buy extra food and stuff. Seeing how they cant have ESO scents, they have to go this route. I don't know what their income is coming in but advertising for stuff i already own and the additional lag i get with Summerset that i never had before, i almost wish i could turn off the DLC. Its sad that we have to resort to add ons to remove a game feature.

Ssalaar
    Options