Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Please LOSE the Commercial

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ad is annoying, of course, but what puzzles me most is that it's so... poorly done. I already have Summerset, I don't need a giant ad encouraging me to buy it. And let's say I do buy something - I don't need to see the same ads 8 times in a row as I relog.

It's like ZOS wants it to fail.
    Edited by Rosveen on May 24, 2018 9:31PM
    Options
  • Caran
    Caran
    ✭✭✭
    That thing definitely is way too big and having lots of alts I see it way too often. As a subscriber, I wonder why I should see it at all.
    Options
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont even have this as i play on console, and its already annoying me seeing how its annoying my PC brethen, if this is going to console my cash stays firmly in my bank account and i will continue to play tera online instead.

As others have said, if we own morrowind why is it shoved in our faces over and over, and the same goes for anything we already have in possession.

The least you could do is remove the stuff from advertising that people already have, you know, a filter, that might work wonders, instead of pushing folk away with crappy advertising.
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The old way had utility and I liked it. That is, the pop up only came up when there was something NEW in the crown store. So when it came up, I paid attention and checked out what was new.

Now it just blasts you everytime you log in or even change characters so, naturally, I insta-dismiss it the moment it comes up.

So here's the result. New item in crownstore today (barbaric hair pack):
    - Under the old system, I would have gotten a pop up because a NEW item was available in the crown store, immediately checked it out and likely purchased it.
    - Under the new system it got completely lost and overlooked by me since I've just been trained to insta-delete no-value popup.

Counterproductive much?
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on May 24, 2018 9:49PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options
  • Caran
    Caran
    ✭✭✭
    The more I think about it ... the more it bothers me. Shop ads are ok, but this one is so blatant, so "hit them over the head with a mallet" ... I think I just won't buy any crowns as long as this ad stays ... it might also influence my decision to resub ...
    Options
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    I do not understand why people are upset over an advertisment?

Close window
    Move on

What about this is so upsetting?

No ads for ESO plus seems reasonable to me but if it is just when you first log in a character I do not see the issue.

I will get to experience it on June 5th.

Hope all your gaming experiences improve in the future.

It's not. The window is there every time you log in with a character (unless you hide it with an addon). Every single time.
    Options
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes I agree to the first post, the big screen with every login (even with multiple characters) is not very nice.

I don't think ESO has to have that to make money...
    Options
  • MTijhuis
    MTijhuis
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a novel idea that would be a win/win...

You know an excellent time that a slideshow could offer the latest and greatest from the crown store and no one would mind so much?

Load screens...
    • You're not missing out on anything, since you can't do anything during this time anyway.
    • There are several during any given login, so one is likely to see all the slides.
    • You don't have the option (nor need) to exit out of it.
    • While the ability to weapon swap at L15 is no doubt an outstanding loadscreen tip, I think most here have that covered.
    This way, it becomes the equivalent to a billboard you look at while waiting for a stoplight to change, vs the barricade a construction crew brings out and plants firmly in your lane, 10 feet in front of your car.

Which do you think would be more effective and may actually generate leads, vs annoyance or avoidance?

Don't bring them on more ideas. It's not a free mobile game or app. You pay for the game, there shouldn't be any advertising in the game. The weekly announcement was one thing.

Adding advertisements, by logging in is annoying and will avoid me from logging on to other toons. And when I get kicked I will play a other game. Which means I am less tempted to spend any money.

But adding adds on every single load screen, are you mental? You know how many there are in this game, and how long they take. Not to mention they will feel 2x as long. If they add that, it's time for a other game.

Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MTijhuis wrote: »
    Here's a novel idea that would be a win/win...

You know an excellent time that a slideshow could offer the latest and greatest from the crown store and no one would mind so much?

Load screens...
    • You're not missing out on anything, since you can't do anything during this time anyway.
    • There are several during any given login, so one is likely to see all the slides.
    • You don't have the option (nor need) to exit out of it.
    • While the ability to weapon swap at L15 is no doubt an outstanding loadscreen tip, I think most here have that covered.
    This way, it becomes the equivalent to a billboard you look at while waiting for a stoplight to change, vs the barricade a construction crew brings out and plants firmly in your lane, 10 feet in front of your car.

Which do you think would be more effective and may actually generate leads, vs annoyance or avoidance?

Don't bring them on more ideas. It's not a free mobile game or app. You pay for the game, there shouldn't be any advertising in the game. The weekly announcement was one thing.

Adding advertisements, by logging in is annoying and will avoid me from logging on to other toons. And when I get kicked I will play a other game. Which means I am less tempted to spend any money.

But adding adds on every single load screen, are you mental? You know how many there are in this game, and how long they take. Not to mention they will feel 2x as long. If they add that, it's time for a other game.
    It's not intended to be in addition to, but in replacement of. As an alternative to what they're pushing now? Yeah, I'd take this in a heartbeat.

They're not going to stop pushing crown store items...ever. So why not make it less instrusive in the process?

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The old way had utility and I liked it. That is, the pop up only came up when there was something NEW in the crown store. So when it came up, I paid attention and checked out what was new.

That thing popped up regularly for me regardless if something new was in the store or not. Theyve definitely been increasing its presence on screen and how often it appears for a while now. It used to be that youd see it once a week or every few weeks. Now its on there almost daily. Honestly not surprised theyve gone as far as they have. We opened the door for this.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • SolidusPrime
    SolidusPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1. I paid for the game, all it's expansions, and I sub. I do not want these ads blasted in my face all the time. It looks tacky.
    Edited by SolidusPrime on May 25, 2018 1:20PM
    Options
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just can't believe they are going to ignore us all like this. This ad really upsets players. I quit listening to radio and watching TV because of advertising. This is honestly the first time in the history of ESO where I find myself wondering how much longer I can look past all the BS just to play a game that I enjoy.

Advertising is my break point over all else. I have put up with many in game flaws but this has seriously crossed a line.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
    Options
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    John_1999 wrote: »
    ZOS_JesC wrote: »
    Greetings, we've removed a few comments that contained personal insults directed at other members. Please remember that baiting comments are not permitted as outlined in our forum rules. Posts need to remain constructive and contribute to the conversation in some way. Thank you for your understanding.

can you remove the ads too?

Well played well played haha
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
    Options
  • CerebralNoise
    CerebralNoise
    ✭✭
    Very annoying...and no response from ZOS yet? Nice.

I get that this is a business, but having just purchased a $30+ Chapter, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I'm force fed a full screen ad for things that I already own. Just seems like shameless greed imo. As other's have said, I'm starting to question how much longer I can look past this blatant greed on a daily basis to continue playing a game that I really enjoy.

I'm an ESO+ subscriber and already pay you all $15 per month as it is, most subscription based business models of today will remove ads once you are a subscriber. I'd appreciate if ZOS took the same approach and stopped spamming us with advertisements on EVERY character login. Thanks.
    Edited by CerebralNoise on May 25, 2018 2:00PM
    PC/NA

Raelisan - AD MagNB
    Visceralie - EP StamNB

Options
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit agrees this is too much.

With a full staff of apprentices busy crafting and researching, to see this all the time, right in the nose, displacing the whiskers - it is too much.

Also actually as this one is a most stubborn sort of creature she is quite put off by over intrusive advertising of this type.

If you wave something in the face always then this one she is far more likely to hiss and retreat in annoyance than if she had received the information in another way - for example in the mail just once.

Once Khajiit is aware of something then she is aware and that it is that. Reminding this one again and again does not seek to heighten the awareness - only the annoyance.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JesC There you go...when possibly the most well liked Community Ambassador is taking the time to respond in character about how terrible seeing this every log on with every character is...you might want to get this removed ASAP.

Once per day, no matter how many characters we log on with, is more than enough. We are all aware of the Crown store and the items you have. The truth is if I'm somebody who buys from the Crown Store I'm going to check it every couple days for new items with or without advertisement like this. If I was somebody who refuses to buy items from the crown store. I'm never going to check the store with or without this advertisement.

It serves no purpose other than to annoy and alienate your customers both Crown store buyers and haters. So I guess congrats are in order. You might be the first company to ever get essentially an entire playerbase to agree on something. The ad is abtrusive, over the top, maddening and needs to be removed.
    Options
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

As the head community Manager this feels like it's directly up your alley.

The ad is very intrusive and tacky.
    Options
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like a fat guy from Miramax in your grill! Can you just make the crown store icon sparkle with glitter or something the first time you log in (and not sparkle the 2nd), thanks!
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
    Options
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must admit that I nearly missed the latest cosmetic pack because this advert is so intrusive and the fact that it's conditioned me to instantly dismissing it.

Only realised something new was out when I saw another character wearing the hairstyle in game.

Overcooked advertising is counter productive, displaying it once in a 24 hour period is easily enough. In fact, only displaying it when something new is released is enough.

If I log out on one character and log in another I get the advert again, if I then log out and log in again on the character I was originally on I STILL get the advert again.

Considering that I'm an ESO+ subscriber and that I've already spent more money in the Crown Store than I'd care to admit I find this very unreasonable.

Options
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with those who feel the new billboard is counterproductive. I do spend crowns in the store and I do want to know about sales and new items. But the poor design of the new billboard quickly trained me to ALT as fast as possible when logging in, and then to install No Thank You. I did not even know that the Barbaric Beauty pack was available because I had already been trained to ignore/dismiss the billboard. The old crown store ad was superior in every way - in size, design, placement, relevance, and frequency.

I am aware that Daily Rewards will be attached to the billboard when this feature is released. How will those who have turned to No Thank You to streamline our login deal with it then?
    Options
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_JesC wrote: »
    Greetings, we've removed a few comments that contained personal insults directed at other members. Please remember that baiting comments are not permitted as outlined in our forum rules. Posts need to remain constructive and contribute to the conversation in some way. Thank you for your understanding.

"However, continue to get upset about the banner ad. Its not going anywhere."
    Options
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marketing, per usual, has most likely forbidden @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom from responding to this topic. What marketing wants is final, regardless of how cheap it is making this company look now.
    PC-NA
    Options
  • efduncanub17_ESO
    efduncanub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Once a day okay but every time I have to change toons not cool
    Options
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    I do not understand why people are upset over an advertisment?

Close window
    Move on

What about this is so upsetting?

No ads for ESO plus seems reasonable to me but if it is just when you first log in a character I do not see the issue.

I will get to experience it on June 5th.

Hope all your gaming experiences improve in the future.

Think you're missing the point. The ads themselves aren't actually the issue per se, people just want a way to switch those intrusive ads off, just like we have a way to switch off intrusive ads on our mobiles/tablets/PC's without having to do it each and every single time multiple times. We only need to see the ad once. That's enough. That way, people like you can continue to enjoy the daily ads on every log in, whilst those of us who dislike seeing intrusive ads get what we want to. Options are a good thing, mate, not a bad thing.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on May 25, 2018 4:02PM
    Options
  • runicnomad
    runicnomad
    ✭✭✭
    Why are you guys discussing something that you can fix? This is the greatest puzzle of them all...

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2008-Nothankyoucontinued.html
    use this and just go play the game.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    incite wrote: »
    incite wrote: »
    Funny how every reply I get starts with how "I experience these adds". Please think about the bigger picture, ESO doesnt only revolve around what you want.

I think we can all agree, the more these adds appear to thousands of players a day, the more chance zos gets more money in the bank.

There is actually something bigger going on than some individuals not liking dem adds.

If the goal is for ZOS to get money, then can they quit bombarding me with ads for stuff I already bought?

I'm playing my pre-order of Summerset. Somehow I dont think I need to reminded to buy Summerset.

"Quit bombarding ME", "I'M playing MY preorder", "I dont think I need to reminded".

Ok.

But the long-term implications of this are that people will be conditioned to alt out of the ad without looking; the notifications aren't based on your past purchases or interests so there's no reason to look through them. Therefore said ad is actually counterproductive to getting people into the store and spending money.

Even people that DON'T own the content will quickly get tired of the persistence (made especially awful for people who have a lot of alts) of the ad. It comes up every log-in, every day, on every character regardless of if you actually looked through it before or despite not offering anything new since last time. Again, counterproductive.

It's not about "me" or "my experience". It's about the long-term effects of such aggressive marketing, especially in a paid for game. One again, ZOS appears to be focusing on short-term flash profit, rather than extended customer satisfaction and long-term revenue from them. How many people are already installing what amounts to an ad-blocker and the update had been live less than 72 hours?

If ZOS wants people opening the crown store and spending money, annoying them incessantly is probably one of the worst ways to accomplish that goal.

I looked at it a couple times, but every time it wanted me to buy Summerset, which I was already standing in, so I just alt out and don't even look at it any more.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A one time, once a day ad is fine. An ad that takes up almost the whole screen with the login of every toon is infuriating. It certainly doesn't make me want to buy a damn thing it makes me want to tell zos to shove it.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
    Options
  • Kharret
    Kharret
    ✭✭✭
    Once a day? Once a week maybe and not in the morning farm run. It is pretty much annoying and looks like add-on error screen.
    Options
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you guys discussing something that you can fix? This is the greatest puzzle of them all...

Not available to the thousands and thousands of console players.
    PS4NA
    Options
  • GlennGVZ
    GlennGVZ
    ✭✭
    I am voting with my wallet, sadly.

So many things to love about the game, but lately so many things to hate.

6 more weeks on my sub, then time to look elsewhere. I really enjoyed my time with ESO, but an evil wind has picked up strength.
    Options
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »

Not available to the thousands and thousands of console players.

We don't exist. Tbf, he or she isn't the only person to think every single thing discussed on here is PC related.
    Options