The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Its healers job to rezz dead people in vet dungoens , followed by DPS and finally tank.

• Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AnviOfVai wrote: »
    I always thought the tank should res, as they can take much more damage and the healers should stay healing so that the tank does not die while rezzing someone.

When taunt on boss is gone , good luck. Group wipe confirmed. Boss one shot everyone. What healer do in vet dungeons , spam heals when no one needs or just look and evaluate tanks & dps doing ?
    No one need spam heals in vet dungeons all the time.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 16, 2018 4:10PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    Often I rez as healer in PUG dungeons because the DDs usually focus on their rotation or learning to play the game, and with the lack of voice comms we cant quickly inform them that somebody went down and needs a rez. As healer I am the one noticing it immediately so I am in the best position to get them up quickly. That said, when I start the rez I focus on the other group members and will not hesitate to stop rezzing and throw out some heals if needed.

But DDs should be the one rezzing, because wipes often happen if the healer dies trying to rez someone. As DD you arent actually needed, you simply speed up the process, tank and healer are everything and should not be put in the vulnerable position of having to rez.

I dont think so. All hard vet dungoen content, healer is the best choice for rezz. Healer will be in back, he has full view of all people. Healer have plenty of time . No one needs heals all the time except vet trials tricky situcations. If dps is going to rezz in tough dungoens like falkreath , good luck . What healer will do during same time ? Heal all the time !!! Adds will kill entire group in no time. DDs are not needed ? Good luck in clearing dungeons. I put a dps in healer slot when its dps race . Many dungeon group are already doing that.

Good luck with myth that when I stop healing some dies.

You are speaking of extremely specific instances.

You are attempting to come off as the voice of reason and experience on this topic yet put forth false information to back your claim in the OP. I suggest setting back and seeing the big picture and understand the mechanics properly first.

Edit:. The main thing is, if someone did not rez a fallen player it is on all of them but mostly the DPS first and healer second.

The big question is why didn't OP rez? My guess is he is a DPS.
    Edited by idk on May 16, 2018 4:19PM
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank should be 1st rezzer.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a fundamental issue on how useful healers are to people? Or maybe it's a gap in ESO generation? Seems like newer players find healers useless while old ones still find them useful. Either way this was the issues tanks starting having in dungeon design. It used be 3 dps and 1 healer not so long ago.
    Edited by Tasear on May 16, 2018 4:27PM
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's situational but for the most part the dps should be the one rezing

If the healer rezes then things can go bad fast 90% of the time when i try to rez as a healer i have to stop and heal or let the group die why i rez this one guy

If tank rezes then group can be exposed to 1 shot mechanics
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Sounds like a fundamental issue on how useful healers are to people? Or maybe it's a gap in ESO generation? Seems like newer players find healers useless while old ones still find them useful. Either way this was the issues tanks starting having in dungeon design. It used be 3 dps and 1 healer not so long ago.

You, and well all of us, are missing the point.

This is less about who has priority on rezing but that someone did not rez in a recent dungeon OP was part of. My first guess is OP is a healer and someone was saying OP, as healer, should have rezzed the fallen DPS.

I could be wrong and that OP could have been the tank but this thread is still someone trying to point the blame and get everyone to agree with him/her because they think they are right.
    It's situational but for the most part the dps should be the one rezing

If the healer rezes then things can go bad fast 90% of the time when i try to rez as a healer i have to stop and heal or let the group die why i rez this one guy

If tank rezes then group can be exposed to 1 shot mechanics

Valkysas has a great view on this. It is situational and that DPS has priority.

After all, it does not make sense that easier content has different priorities on this matter than the more challenging content as OP suggests. Again, I think OP is just looking for someone to blame.
    Edited by idk on May 16, 2018 4:36PM
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ascan7 wrote: »
    Lol, tell this to the hundreds of leet DPS that dies as soon as i stop healing them and start rezzing someone

This. If im spending X seconds rezzing someone, i am spending X seconds not healing. If tank spends x seconds rezzing, that is X seconds the tank isnt tanking or interrupting. In both cases it could lead to a wipe. If a dps spends x seconds rezzing no one is going to die because of that. And when someone is rezzing, as a healer, i lay the heals heavy on them since they cant do anything else while rezzing.

The healer is probably the last person you want to rez in a dungeon. Though really the general consensus among intelligent people is whoever can do it safely should make the attempt rather than everyone standing around and saying " not my job!". I like playing with intelligent people.
  • SilvyrNixe
    SilvyrNixe
    ✭✭✭
    I would also like to add something.

I have played several MMOs and I have almost always mained being the healer role. In no single game that I have ever played where it was the Healers main job to rezz dead team mates. Healers have to buff, debuff, heal, and chase after DPSs that don't know to stick near the healer.

So no, it's firstly the DPSs job to rez in their free time, then Healer if the DPSs are down, then tank should be last man standing for it to be their job to rez.

Not to butter anyones parsnips, but being a healer is not an easy role, and if you think so then you have not tried to do end game content as a healer. It's hard, takes all of your focus, and you need to have your build and rotation down to an art to be the 'perfect' healer.

P.S. Healers master race :wink:
    "Real courage is not to give up hope, even in the most terrible darkness, and to carry on." -The Sight by David Clement-Davies
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Often I rez as healer in PUG dungeons because the DDs usually focus on their rotation or learning to play the game, and with the lack of voice comms we cant quickly inform them that somebody went down and needs a rez. As healer I am the one noticing it immediately so I am in the best position to get them up quickly. That said, when I start the rez I focus on the other group members and will not hesitate to stop rezzing and throw out some heals if needed.

But DDs should be the one rezzing, because wipes often happen if the healer dies trying to rez someone. As DD you arent actually needed, you simply speed up the process, tank and healer are everything and should not be put in the vulnerable position of having to rez.

I dont think so. All hard vet dungoen content, healer is the best choice for rezz. Healer will be in back, he has full view of all people. Healer have plenty of time . No one needs heals all the time except vet trials tricky situcations. If dps is going to rezz in tough dungoens like falkreath , good luck . What healer will do during same time ? Heal all the time !!! Adds will kill entire group in no time. DDs are not needed ? Good luck in clearing dungeons. I put a dps in healer slot when its dps race . Many dungeon group are already doing that.

I didn't mean DDs aren't needed to clear the dungeon. What I meant is DDs aren't needed to prevent a wipe. Both DDs can die and if the tank and healer know what they're doing they can get everyone back up and continue on. If the tank and healer go down, things get crazy and wipes happen.

I mentioned doing PUGs, and you reply with a pre-made 3 DPS group to prove my points wrong? Throw 3 random newbie DDs together with a tank and see how that works out in a DLC dungeon. It might work out, but I would bet more often than not it doesn't.

Healer rezzing might be the optimal choice. But DD rezzing is the safer choice. Its highly dependent on the situation for how much risk you are willing to take for that small DPS reward. Let's face it, if rezzing is happening, then things are probably a little rocky already.
    [DC/NA]
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

This is less about who has priority on rezing but that someone did not rez in a recent dungeon OP was part of. My first guess is OP is a healer and someone was saying OP, as healer, should have rezzed the fallen DPS.

I could be wrong and that OP could have been the tank but this thread is still someone trying to point the blame and get everyone to agree with him/her because they think they are right.

Answer this one question ? What healers job apart from healing when no one requires healing most of the time when dps needs to deals with so many adds when not requires heals? Point is dps deal with the adds tank hold the boss , healer should rezz in vet dungeons. Whats the point of dps rezz when adds gang up on you and you are the only dps left ? Doesnt look stupid ?
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 16, 2018 4:44PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Priyasekarssk

1) You can't think of any situations where another role should be rezzing instead of the healer?

2) Do you believe all healers only heal, and contribute no damage/debuffs or buffs for the group?
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Glenmorils
    Glenmorils
    ✭✭✭
    It’s a great way to get a team wipe to have your healer stop healing in order to res.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are trying to force a blanket rule on a fluid situation. The person that should res first is the person who can do it the fastest and safest manner with the least negative impact on the fight. This is simply not always the same person. If you have 2 monster DPS and a self sufficient tank, and the healer really is just there for utility, then sure, healer should prob res first most of the time. If your are in a crazy damage/shield phase of a boss, often that is the perfect time for a DPS to res. If you are an experienced tank and know you dont need to block for a little while, sometimes it makes sense for them to do it. A good group is not going to abide by hard and fast rules like you are proposing. They know it is situational.

If you were looking for a general rule for groupfinder pug run, then well, I actually disagree. DPS should be the first to res as a general rule. There are so few hard DPS checks in this game that halting damage for a few seconds is almost always the smoothest and safest way to handle the situation. In group finder, the number one goal should always be to prevent a wipe, as its the most likely way a pickup group is going to disband. A tank and healer arent going to kill anything, but they can usually function in a holding pattern in most fights almost infinitely. If a healer stops to res at the wrong moment, and the tank gets into trouble, welcome to wipe city.
  • SilvyrNixe
    SilvyrNixe
    ✭✭✭

Answer this one question ? What healers job apart from healing when no one requires healing most of the time when dps needs to deals with so many adds when not requires heals? Point is dps deal with the adds tank hold the boss , healer should rezz in vet dungeons. Whats the point of dps rezz when adds gang up on you? Doesnt look stupid ?

You need to remember that all those adds that DPS is having to deal with, that healer is doing x3 the work to keep you buffed, keep the adds sometimes debuffed, and also healing you. Most of the time DPSs have low health pools and low resistance because they focus too much on being a glass cannon.

So why should it be my job to rez someone that 1 tends to not stay near the healer when they could get all the heals in the world as long as they are in front of me, 2 chase after DPSs that don't need to be running away from the heals, and 3 rez 1 glass cannon when the other DPS can very easily rez them while I keep them healed.

This system is easier then forcing the healer to not only force themselves to stop healing the glass cannon and the main priority (tank) while being animation locked trying to rez someone while my team is dying?

Doesn't make much sense.
    "Real courage is not to give up hope, even in the most terrible darkness, and to carry on." -The Sight by David Clement-Davies
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Priyasekarssk

1) You can't think of any situations where another role should be rezzing instead of the healer?

2) Do you believe all healers only heal, and contribute no damage/debuffs or buffs for the group?

Point Healers have some time . DPS dont. Especially in vet dungeons with so many adds spawning and only 1 dps left.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Answer this one question ? What healers job apart from healing when no one requires healing most of the time ?

Perhaps you should play a healer for a while and see it from their side.

What is a healers job when no one is low of health? Buffs, mainly. I run a warden healer and while it might just look like heal spam to you, it's me applying buffs to up YOUR damage. First I hit you with the mutigen to continuously proc Spell Power Cure to increase spell damage, then I hit you with combat prayer to increase your damage, then I hit you with the mushrooms to increase your stamina and magicka regen, then I hit the whole group with arctic buff that increases resistances, in between doing all that I throw down a couple DOTs on the boss, and keep my betty netch up to increase my heals, I also have crushing shock ready to interrupt anything that needs to be.
    [DC/NA]
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urgg.. too much drama and too many little britches. That's why l prefer to do things sololy. I can heal, l can tank, l can dps and l can even rez self; all one single lonewolfie toon. That's the way l like it.. unless it's the ones that need a second to interrupt.
  • SilvyrNixe
    SilvyrNixe
    ✭✭✭
    @Priyasekarssk

Point Healers have some time . DPS dont. Especially in vet dungeons with so many adds spawning and only 1 dps left.

Healers have some time? Have you ever been a healer trying to keep 2 people made of thin glass alive? It's not easy when they can get 1 shot at any time.

Boy oh boy. *facedesk*
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Answer this one question ? What healers job apart from healing when no one requires healing most of the time when dps needs to deals with so many adds when not requires heals? Point is dps deal with the adds tank hold the boss , healer should rezz in vet dungeons. Whats the point of dps rezz when adds gang up on you and you are the only dps left ? Doesnt look stupid ?

Healing is such a small function of what a good healer actually does. Yes it's the most important part of their job, but anyone who can roll a templar and spam 1-2 skills can perform this function adequately for most 4 man content. Healers arent just their to keep your health topped off. If that is all your do as a healer, you get like a D+. You are passing, but barely. Healers should be helping to manage all three attribute bars for their groups (sustain), they should be providing useful buffs and debuffs, and the should be spitting out warhorns like their pants are on fire.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on May 16, 2018 4:57PM
  • Franieck
    Franieck
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not entirely sure you are not trolling OP? If you are not trolling, as a dps/healer I couldn't disagree more with you. Dps should res first. What the healer must do is keep the dps alive while he is resurrecting. If the healer stops healing to res the dps die and the tank might die as well.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on the situation, most cases in most of the dungeons is not really that big of a problem if the healer is the one rezing, that death may be due to distraction from the member or no serious issue anyways aka the other members are safe enough to stay without healing or support for that short time.
    dlc dungeons though is definitely better and/or needed the DD go rez because can be some actual danger if healing stops.

Personally, I got the urge/instinct to immediately go rez whatever role I'm playing and several times I had to restrain myself as healer or tank to do it :# like... it really took me some effort, can't help.

Edited by RANKK7 on May 17, 2018 8:47AM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now as a healer I must stop healing,dpsing and tanking to rez so that I don't screw up your bow snipe light attack rotation. Lol
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are attempting to come off as the voice of reason and experience on this topic yet put forth false information to back your claim in the OP. I suggest setting back and seeing the big picture and understand the mechanics properly first.

Edit:. The main thing is, if someone did not rez a fallen player it is on all of them but mostly the DPS first and healer second.

Its common adds spawn in vet dungeons. Sometimes so much. Its not specific instance. Give me one scenario you need healing all the time.
  • SilvyrNixe
    SilvyrNixe
    ✭✭✭

Its common adds spawn in vet dungeons. Sometimes so much. Its not specific instance. Give me one scenario you need healing all the time.

You are entirely missing the point here. Healers don't just exist to keep your health pool max. We also give you buffs so YOU can do more damage, take less damage, and have a little more resistance while also debuffing the mobs your fighting so that they're even easier to kill. Tell me in what instance would you not want these buffs 24/7 in any situation?

None. You would want these ALL the time. If you say otherwise then you are lying, lol.
    Edited by SilvyrNixe on May 16, 2018 4:58PM
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you aware that when adds spawn and the tank doesn't taunt them, those adds aggro on the healer until the DPS does enough damage to pull them away? So when the tank is busy tanking the boss, and the other DPS is also focused only on the boss, it means every add is going to be coming down hard on that one healer who is trying to rez the other DPS.

If that situation were the DPS doing the rezzing, the adds would still be hitting the healer, but at least the healer would be able to negate that damage while also keeping the DPS alive while rezzing, if need be.
    [DC/NA]
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Many bosses have high damage phases where a healings springs stack is the easiest and safest way to deal with the mechanic. Last bosses of Fungal 2 and Darkshade 2 for example. Those are also great times for a DPS to res a fallen comrade.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on May 16, 2018 5:02PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait, I got it.

Yes, OP, you are special and your insane damage numbers are all that matter. The rest of the group is there to support you. The humble dead are not your concern.

....that what you're looking for?

I mean, ultimately their isn't a right answer. Of course there are situations where the healer should rez because the DPS is otherwise occupied. Heck, there are fights where it's trivial for the tank to hold aggro and rez at the same time.

But in general, as a rule of thumb in pug groups and in most fights, the DPS should rez.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SilvyrNixe wrote: »

Answer this one question ? What healers job apart from healing when no one requires healing most of the time when dps needs to deals with so many adds when not requires heals? Point is dps deal with the adds tank hold the boss , healer should rezz in vet dungeons. Whats the point of dps rezz when adds gang up on you? Doesnt look stupid ?

You need to remember that all those adds that DPS is having to deal with, that healer is doing x3 the work to keep you buffed, keep the adds sometimes debuffed, and also healing you. Most of the time DPSs have low health pools and low resistance because they focus too much on being a glass cannon.

So why should it be my job to rez someone that 1 tends to not stay near the healer when they could get all the heals in the world as long as they are in front of me, 2 chase after DPSs that don't need to be running away from the heals, and 3 rez 1 glass cannon when the other DPS can very easily rez them while I keep them healed.

This system is easier then forcing the healer to not only force themselves to stop healing the glass cannon and the main priority (tank) while being animation locked trying to rez someone while my team is dying?

Doesn't make much sense.

Players with low hp and are very squishy just so they can obtain some ridiculous DPS goal, become the lowest priority for heals for me. At first i tried to keep such players alive, but it drains me of resources quickly. So now they are considered expendable for not properly building their character so they can cheese high dps numbers. I am not someone's pocket healer. So if your a pain in the ass to heal you are also going to be the lowest priority for heals when im healing.

On a similar note, if you are someone that runs all over for absolutely no logical reason, i am not chasing you around trying to buff and heal you. I have no qualms about letting people die who make my life difficult because the only thing they understand is how to do good dps on a dummy and literally nothing about combat or group play.
  • SilvyrNixe
    SilvyrNixe
    ✭✭✭
    SilvyrNixe wrote: »

Doesn't make much sense.

Players with low hp and are very squishy just so they can obtain some ridiculous DPS goal, become the lowest priority for heals for me. At first i tried to keep such players alive, but it drains me of resources quickly. So now they are considered expendable for not properly building their character so they can cheese high dps numbers. I am not someone's pocket healer. So if your a pain in the ass to heal you are also going to be the lowest priority for heals when im healing.

On a similar note, if you are someone that runs all over for absolutely no logical reason, i am not chasing you around trying to buff and heal you. I have no qualms about letting people die who make my life difficult because the only thing they understand is how to do good dps on a dummy and literally nothing about combat or group play.

Oh, I completely agree with you, but the issue that I tend to run into is that if I refuse to chase around DPS trying to heal them all day, then who gets blamed first when we all wipe? Healer of course. :neutral: It's that stupid idiotic circle of chase stupid DPS to heal and waste my mana and stamania, or let them die for being idiots but also get entirely blamed for the DPS being stupid.

It's the biggest pain in the arse.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the healer stops healing, more can die. It makes very little sense for them to stop healing then. If the tank stops tanking, others will start taking aggro, therefore damage, and therefore dying. So it also makes little sense for them to stop tanking. If a DPS stops dealing damage, it takes a little longer for the enemies to die, but the team isn't at greater risk of wiping, so DPS are the most logical choice to res. If it's the tank or the healer going down, the others in the group may need to step up and temporarily take on a role, but either way, you don't want to stop preventing or negating damage, or you'll just make the problem worse, I don't care what bonuses y'all have. If that's a concern, make the DPSes use those bonuses.
    Edited by Marginis on May 16, 2018 5:19PM
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.