The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Its healers job to rezz dead people in vet dungoens , followed by DPS and finally tank.

• Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank should be 1st rezzer.
    Tank can rez only in a few situations.

1) Many bosses will interrumpt a rez with heavy attacks or similar.
    2) Moving the boss is not always a good idea in some fights
    3) Last and most terrible, the tank could lose boss aggro if he is rezzing and can't re-taunt, which in my experience it's even worse than losing a healer.

I agree. Tank can rezz in some in vet hard dungeons specific instances. Dark shade caverns 2 final boss, imperial city prison final boss. Tank is very risk choice in most cases. He has to hold boss aggro. Otherwise group wipe confirmed.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 16, 2018 6:10PM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EvilCroc wrote: »
    I agree. Just tell me, how to stop DD's from rezing and force them to keep damaging and dodge red?
    My main wears SPC and Kagrenac's. She can rez really fast, but no, dumb DD's always try to stand in stupid and rezing.
    I'm tired of this.

Type it in chat. That's how. They aren't stupid for not knowing all your gear.
  • Eyro
    Eyro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I usually Rez as a healer because most dps are so leet and aware of their surroundings they don’t even notice when someone is dead.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eyro wrote: »
    I usually Rez as a healer because most dps are so leet and aware of their surroundings they don’t even notice when someone is dead.

I normally heal as the tank because the healer doesn't do their job consistently. Doesn't mean that's what should happen.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DD res first.

Anyone saying different is a bad DD.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I....

Hmmm.....

I will have to strongly disagree with you.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Priyasekarssk
      Priyasekarssk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dubhliam wrote: »
      DD res first.

Anyone saying different is a bad DD.

omg B)
      Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 16, 2018 6:22PM
    • Zardayne
      Zardayne
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      red_emu wrote: »
      Absolutely wrong! It's always DPS -> tank -> healer. Especially in a vet content! If I start getting someone up, more than likely tank will die, once tank is dead, there is no-one to keep the mobs or boss taunted off me.

Every vet players knows, that it's most important to keep the tank alive! Healer should only res if the tank isnt taunting enough and the other DPS is busy kiting. You want healer to Res? You'll wipe. And then it's healers fault for some reason.

I agree 100%
      Edited by Zardayne on May 16, 2018 6:25PM
    • Priyasekarssk
      Priyasekarssk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This again ?

1/ Templar is a class. Healer is a role. All classes can heal well. Not all healers are templars.

2/ The only true fun and efficient way to run a vet dungeon is to be on vocal coordination (Skype, TeamSpeak, Mumble, Discord, whatever, and integrated voice com on consoles) and see there, on vocal, who's best supposed to rezz. Because it's all situational.

That's all, really.

"All situational " its acceptable statement. Here problem is healer never rezz.
    • Tasear
      Tasear
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      idk wrote: »
      Tasear wrote: »
      Sounds like a fundamental issue on how useful healers are to people? Or maybe it's a gap in ESO generation? Seems like newer players find healers useless while old ones still find them useful. Either way this was the issues tanks starting having in dungeon design. It used be 3 dps and 1 healer not so long ago.

You, and well all of us, are missing the point.

This is less about who has priority on rezing but that someone did not rez in a recent dungeon OP was part of. My first guess is OP is a healer and someone was saying OP, as healer, should have rezzed the fallen DPS.

I could be wrong and that OP could have been the tank but this thread is still someone trying to point the blame and get everyone to agree with him/her because they think they are right.
      It's situational but for the most part the dps should be the one rezing

If the healer rezes then things can go bad fast 90% of the time when i try to rez as a healer i have to stop and heal or let the group die why i rez this one guy

If tank rezes then group can be exposed to 1 shot mechanics

Valkysas has a great view on this. It is situational and that DPS has priority.

After all, it does not make sense that easier content has different priorities on this matter than the more challenging content as OP suggests. Again, I think OP is just looking for someone to blame.

Sounds like OP was a dps to me, but really don't know till they say otherwise.
    • Priyasekarssk
      Priyasekarssk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      troomar wrote: »
      Good DDs don't die even without a healer. And the bad, dead ones, are not worthy the time spend on res, they would die again anyway :)

On the serious hand, in dungeons it's healer's job to res, in vet trials it's off-tank/DDs job.

I know its annoying some noob dps dying one shotted. Its not healers job to rezz running around ,when dies for stupid reasons. Sensible comment from a perfect healer. Also in PVP its DPS ro rezz.

What more irriating is that pugging noob healers not doing anything in vet dungeons, and dps and tanks works hard to bring down multiple bosses and adds, and still has to rezz while fighting all mobs ? Its been used as shortcut lowbies & noobs to get monster sets and not even contributing anything . There are some boss mechanics which one shot dps randomly, even tank holding the aggro. Eg banishedcells 2 final boss. When 1 dps dead , other one has to fight so many adds as well as the boss. Another example is bloodforge bosses.

I am better off with a dps rather a healer and make my life comfortable.
      Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 16, 2018 6:47PM
    • AcadianPaladin
      AcadianPaladin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      As a healer, I'm just a support role. So the answer to me is, based on the situation, whoever the group leader wants doing rezzing is what I'm gonna try to do. Lol.

From my healer's perspective, however, my focus tends to be on the tank. If the tank is holding things and the healer is healing/buffing the tank then we can generally afford a few seconds of reduced team dps for one dps to rez the other. Additionally, when one team mate goes down, the damage is then spread among 3 instead of 4 of us so healing becomes more critical. Notably, I can actually heal one dps while they are rezzing the other . . . not sure a dd or tank can heal me during the few seconds it takes me to rez someone else though. Finally though, it does indeed depend on the situation and what is going on and I have certainly seen exceptions to the 'dps should usually rez' guideline.

PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    • Priyasekarssk
      Priyasekarssk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      As a healer, I'm just a support role. So the answer to me is, based on the situation, whoever the group leader wants doing rezzing is what I'm gonna try to do. Lol.

From my healer's perspective, however, my focus tends to be on the tank. If the tank is holding things and the healer is healing/buffing the tank then we can generally afford a few seconds of reduced team dps for one dps to rez the other. Additionally, when one team mate goes down, the damage is then spread among 3 instead of 4 of us so healing becomes more critical. Notably, I can actually heal one dps while they are rezzing the other . . . not sure a dd or tank can heal me during the few seconds it takes me to rez someone else though. Finally though, it does indeed depend on the situation and what is going on and I have certainly seen exceptions to the 'dps should usually rez' guideline.

yes dps will be mauled by mobs or other mini boss while rezzing and entire group wiped. Excellent suggestion. Sorry " thank you" I am better with 1 more dps or wait until I got a sensible healer.

DD has to protect healer while rezzing/interrupting from mobs.
      Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 16, 2018 6:52PM
    • Mitoice
      Mitoice
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Noo just no.... dont blame the healer if you dont know how to play....

LOT OF times... people expect me to rez while also tanking....

Listen, some times the healer rezzes, BUT if im in a crappy DPS group, that half of them die when i stop healing HELL sure im not gonna be rezzing, it all depends on the group or the scenario.

For example, on the new fang lair dungeon where healer is the one in charge of the yellow orbs, you cannot expect him to rez to or its a wipe.
    • badmojo
      badmojo
      ✭✭✭✭✭

yes dps will be mauled by mobs or other mini boss while rezzing and entire group wiped. Excellent suggestion. Sorry " thank you" I am better with 1 more dps or wait until I got a sensible healer.

DD has to protect healer while rezzing/interrupting from mobs.

Your tank & healer can't keep a single DPS alive while they rez the other? Sounds like a bad group.
      [DC/NA]
    • PlagueSD
      PlagueSD
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Vapirko wrote: »
      IF the dungeon/trial is light on damage and everyone is comfortable with the mechanics then the healer can rez

No one should be dying in the first place in that scenario. But yes, I agree. Healer resses mean heals stop. Tank has agro and can't drop block long enough to res without being stunned/knocked down/eats a HA. If dPS stops, the only thing that happens is the fight will last a little longer.

• Animus-ESO
      Animus-ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This OP just proved how ignorant he is when it comes to this games mechanics and group play.
      Dude Where's My Guar?
    • Ratzkifal
      Ratzkifal
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I think the healer has these bonuses not to be the primary reviver, but as a fail safe in case he/she is the only one left alive.
      This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
    • Priyasekarssk
      Priyasekarssk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      PlagueSD wrote: »
      Vapirko wrote: »
      IF the dungeon/trial is light on damage and everyone is comfortable with the mechanics then the healer can rez

No one should be dying in the first place in that scenario. But yes, I agree. Healer resses mean heals stop. Tank has agro and can't drop block long enough to res without being stunned/knocked down/eats a HA. If dPS stops, the only thing that happens is the fight will last a little longer.

Problem here in vet hard dungeons is , mobs. If dps try to rezz, both healer & dps will be mauled. Sometimes there will be multiple bosses. Its doesnt make any logical sense for dps to rezz, for dungeons like bloodforge , when only 1 dps available. Its better to have extra dps with self heal than uselss egoistic healer.
      These mobs hit pretty hard. If its 5 man dungeon with 1 extra dps . Fine with dps rezz. Its not the case.
      Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 16, 2018 7:33PM
    • Oreyn_Bearclaw
      Oreyn_Bearclaw
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @Priyasekarssk: This rant really made me smile, especially this little goldnugget:
      I literally hate fake healers just doing nothing in Vet dungeons ( mazzatum, falkreath , Direfrost ) , its hard dps race

Mentioning Direfrost in one sentence with vRoM and vFalkrath and claiming Direfrost to be a hard dps-race shows an amazing level of expertise. o:)

Yes. Try to do Direfrost with 10K dps in vet hard mode and show video to everyone. Boss will heal forever. same words
      " Amazing expertise" .
      Final words
      Learn the game before commenting dont waste others time. I hate complete noobs thinking himself as pros.

Its not a DPS race. There is a very clear mechanic. The boss targets a player, lifts them up in the air and heals. If you are targeted and you break free, the boss stops healing. There are WAAAAYYYY harder fights in 4 man content than this. It's literally one mechanic that can be mastered in about 3 seconds.

Also, if your group DPS is only 10k, you simply shouldnt be doing hardmodes so its a moot point.
      Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on May 16, 2018 7:34PM
    • plutosshadow
      plutosshadow
      Soul Shriven
      I am one of those people who sees someone go down and instantly has the urge to run and rez them, no matter what role I'm in, and because of this I've definitely seen what happens when the healer is always the one to rez. Some of the easier fights, yep sure you can do it and get away with it. But also a lot of fights where I've been rightfully scolded to keep healing and let the DPS rez, because me rezzing instead of healing has meant death.

Anyway if you truly feel healers are so useless or whatever and you might as well just run 3 dps rather than "carry" some poor leeching healer, why don't you A) find yourself a regular group of people who feel as you do; or B ) (sorry everyone *ducks*) start queueing as a fake healer and prove your theory that a healer isn't needed?
      Edited by plutosshadow on May 16, 2018 7:33PM
    • Micah_Bayer
      Micah_Bayer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Tasear wrote: »

Second easiest.
    • Priyasekarssk
      Priyasekarssk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @Priyasekarssk: This rant really made me smile, especially this little goldnugget:
      I literally hate fake healers just doing nothing in Vet dungeons ( mazzatum, falkreath , Direfrost ) , its hard dps race

Mentioning Direfrost in one sentence with vRoM and vFalkrath and claiming Direfrost to be a hard dps-race shows an amazing level of expertise. o:)

Yes. Try to do Direfrost with 10K dps in vet hard mode and show video to everyone. Boss will heal forever. same words
      " Amazing expertise" .
      Final words
      Learn the game before commenting dont waste others time. I hate complete noobs thinking himself as pros.

Its not a DPS race. There is a very clear mechanic. The boss targets a player, lifts them up in the air and heals. If you are targeted and you break free, the boss doesnt heal. There are WAAAAYYYY harder fights in 4 man content than this. It's literally one mechanic that can be mastered in about 3 seconds.

Also, if your group DPS is only 10k, you simply shouldnt be doing hardmodes so its a moot point.

Again try it in hard mode. When boss lifts player , break free immediately. Try to kill the boss with 10K group dps and show me. Comments not acceptable. Try with 1 less dps with 20 K group dps .
      Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 16, 2018 7:40PM
    • Merenwen_812
      Merenwen_812
      ✭✭✭
      I agree with the majority. If a healer stops healing to rez, even with passives to make it faster, someone else most likely will die.

and so this
      Ratzkifal wrote: »
      I think the healer has these bonuses not to be the primary reviver, but as a fail safe in case he/she is the only one left alive.
      Edited by Merenwen_812 on May 16, 2018 7:38PM
    • Priyasekarssk
      Priyasekarssk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I am one of those people who sees someone go down and instantly has the urge to run and rez them, no matter what role I'm in, and because of this I've definitely seen what happens when the healer is always the one to rez. Some of the easier fights, yep sure you can do it and get away with it. But also a lot of fights where I've been rightfully scolded to keep healing and let the DPS rez, because me rezzing instead of healing has meant death.

Anyway if you truly feel healers are so useless or whatever and you might as well just run 3 dps rather than "carry" some poor leeching healer, why don't you A) find yourself a regular group of people who feel as you do; or B ) (sorry everyone *ducks*) start queueing as a fake healer and prove your theory that a healer isn't needed?

Its not healer role is useless. Pugs make healer role useless , not understanding simple commonsense , by not doing their role correctly. When tank busy with main boss and dps with mini boss / adds and argue healers wont rezz & tell we only heal kind of stuff. On vet dungeon hard , when 1 dps died, other dps will be always busy with adds or miniboss. Its not logical to fight and rezz at same time.
      Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 16, 2018 7:45PM
    • badmojo
      badmojo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I think something is being lost in translation.
      [DC/NA]
    • BooPerScOOper
      BooPerScOOper
      ✭✭✭

" Amazing expertise" .
      Final words

Are you saying that you do 10k dps in vDF?
    • oli.j.reillyb16_ESO
      Anyone with a modicum of respect and understanding of support roles should know well enough one simple thing.

You are DPS - it doesn’t actually matter what you think about the situation. Do what the tank/heals want you to do - or go make your own 3/4 DPS groups instead.

You want the support roles to do their job well - then do what they tell you ... end of story.

They are the foundation of any group and the shotcallers - not you.

Unless they are completely new and don’t know basic mechanics - for the sake of the group - you follow their lead.

Your job is to parse and do as your told, when you’re told to - that’s it. Stop acting like some kinda rockstar and you’ll have more fun I’m sure, if you know how.
    • Priyasekarssk
      Priyasekarssk
      ✭✭✭✭✭

" Amazing expertise" .
      Final words

Are you saying that you do 10k dps in vDF?

LOL . he said he can do it. I just asked for proof.
    • Oreyn_Bearclaw
      Oreyn_Bearclaw
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      In summary, this is what I have learned today:

I am pretty sure OP does not heal, as he is on the forums yelling about how healers need to do their supposed job, and he seems wildly uniformed about what they actually should be doing. If you do in fact heal, consult a therapist because you shouldn't yell at yourself this much.

I am also guessing he doesnt tank, as its generally a safe assumption, but maybe I am mistaken about that. The example about how mobs will simply overwhelm a group if a DPS stops DPS to res, suggests that he is in a group with a tank who cant hold aggro on more than one thing. If you are the tank in your examples, well, you arent doing your job.

He also consistently brings up arguments about 10k DPS groups. Well, if you are a DPS and are in a 10K DPS group, you are part of the problem. 10k DPS groups certainly shouldn't be doing HMs. A good DPS will simply never have that experience because they will pull 4 times that by themselves. If you are a damage dealer in a 10k DPS group, you have no business calling anyone else a noob.

So which is it? Are you a self loathing healer, a tank that cant hold aggro, or a 4 figure DPS. In any event, who is resing sounds like the least of your problems.