The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Its healers job to rezz dead people in vet dungoens , followed by DPS and finally tank.

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    Aurielle wrote: »
    As DD you arent actually needed, you simply speed up the process, tank and healer are everything and should not be put in the vulnerable position of having to rez.

Uh...what? :D Tanks and healers are optional in a lot of vet dungeons if you have good damage dealers in the group that are capable of keeping themselves alive. I once accidentally queued as a fake tank for vet Direfrost (I thought I’d selected normal). We completed the dungeon in about 10 minutes with no deaths. Pretty sure we didn’t have a healer either.

Good DDs are absolutely needed. Try doing vet DLC dungeons or vet II dungeons with group DPS that tops out at 10-15k.
    Often I rez as healer in PUG dungeons because the DDs usually focus on their rotation or learning to play the game, and with the lack of voice comms we cant quickly inform them that somebody went down and needs a rez. As healer I am the one noticing it immediately so I am in the best position to get them up quickly. That said, when I start the rez I focus on the other group members and will not hesitate to stop rezzing and throw out some heals if needed.

But DDs should be the one rezzing, because wipes often happen if the healer dies trying to rez someone. As DD you arent actually needed, you simply speed up the process, tank and healer are everything and should not be put in the vulnerable position of having to rez.

I dont think so. All hard vet dungoen content, healer is the best choice for rezz. Healer will be in back, he has full view of all people. Healer have plenty of time . No one needs heals all the time except vet trials tricky situcations. If dps is going to rezz in tough dungoens like falkreath , good luck . What healer will do during same time ? Heal all the time !!! Adds will kill entire group in no time. DDs are not needed ? Good luck in clearing dungeons. I put a dps in healer slot when its dps race . Many dungeon group are already doing that.

Good luck with myth that when I stop healing some dies.

I didn't mean DDs aren't needed to clear the dungeon. What I meant is DDs aren't needed to prevent a wipe. Both DDs can die and if the tank and healer know what they're doing they can get everyone back up and continue on. If the tank and healer go down, things get crazy and wipes happen.

I mentioned doing PUGs, and you reply with a pre-made 3 DPS group to prove my points wrong? Throw 3 random newbie DDs together with a tank and see how that works out in a DLC dungeon. It might work out, but I would bet more often than not it doesn't.

Healer rezzing might be the optimal choice. But DD rezzing is the safer choice. Its highly dependent on the situation for how much risk you are willing to take for that small DPS reward. Let's face it, if rezzing is happening, then things are probably a little rocky already.

Wasn’t a pre-made. It was a PUG. It’s unusual, I know, but PUGs are occasionally filled with competent players who understand mechanics, know how to defend themselves, don’t need a tank/healer to hold their hand, and can actually put out a sufficient amount of damage.

Also, your claim that DDs aren’t needed to prevent wipes is false. Try doing the Planar Inhibitor on vet with 10k group DPS. Try doing Valkyn Skoria on vet with 10k group DPS. It’s not happening. I’ll take a group of four good DDs than a group of 2 DDs + meta tank/healer any day. It’s kind of sad that the game has turned into such a DPS race, but fact of the matter is this: pure dedicated tanks and healers are not needed outside of trials. If we’re going to have tanks/healers in 4-man dungeons (esp. base game dungeons), I prefer running with those who have hybrid builds. A meta tank in something like vet FG 1 is just a waste of time.

As to the topic at hand, I’d say it’s situational. If the boss is at 10% health and the tank goes down, I’m not stopping my executes to res him/her. It’s not worth it 99% of the time. If a low skill DD who’s doing maybe 5k DPS total goes down, I’m leaving him/her down for the rest of the fight — especially if the boss is around 50% or so. They’re of little help when they’re alive, so they’re frankly not worth the DPS loss it would take to res them. If the healer or tank feels like healing them, that’s up to them. If the other DD is actually pulling his/her weight, then sure, I’ll throw them a res as soon as I can.
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are two bugs/problems in this game -

1. the one that has been adressed here is that sometimes you can't find the body - chat bubbles helps. Type X if dead!
    2. it appears that some of the team are just standing there doing nothing.... see below (Ally Effects)

@Priyasekarssk - check your game settings - make sure that "Ally Effects" is turned on - if it is not on - it may appear that "the healer" is doing nothing, while they may actually be very busy.

---

I have several healers - a tank - and several DD's.

All PUG group dungeons.

All do vet DLC dungeons - but only with guild members and people on my friends list and with the assistance of a voice chat program like discord or teamspeak.

Rezzing is situational, but normally done by DD's first

EDIT: spelling
    Edited by Imza on May 17, 2018 12:49PM
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imza wrote: »

1. the one that has been adressed here is that sometimes you can't find the body - chat bubbles helps. Type X if dead!
    2. it appears that some of the team are just standing there doing nothing.... see below (Ally Effects)

@Priyasekarssk - check your game settings - make sure that "Ally Effects" is turned on - if it is not on - it may appear that "the healer" is doing nothing, while they may actually be very busy.

---

All PUG group dungeons.

All do vet DLC dungeons - but only with guild members and people on my friends list and with the assistance of a voice chat program like discord or teamspeak.

Sorry I think . I think you misunderstood or I make you misunderstood. I am not saying healer is not busy. Many healers know what they need to do. This is all about pug healers arguing that DPS has to rezz, when mobs going to enrage or DPS busy with the mobs/ miniboss. This scenario pretty common in VET dlc dungeons. These pug healers expecting DDs to kill the mobs before they enrage and come to rezz, when healer might have done in no time. Majority of DLC contents expect 1 DPS active all the time , kill mobs before the start enrage or ran out of time. This is simple plain English to understand.
    So many max cp noobs in this game .lol
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 17, 2018 2:25PM
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you think Direfrost HM is hard content you should really uninstall the game xD
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Nerf Droda Already! Stop catering to elitists ZoS1!1!!!1!!!!!"
    [continues LA only rotation and fails to break free the 5th time]
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DarkScatha wrote: »
    If you think Direfrost HM is hard content you should really uninstall the game xD

LOL. Question is who has to rezz . Why always noobs interested doing personal attacks rather discussing . That argument is started by another noob here.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 17, 2018 2:24PM
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »

First solo a vet dungeon on hard mode. Then come and speak. Noobs not even reading the content, doing personal insults and wasting thread space. ESO majority of max cp guys are noobs and only show off. Not even worth to solo a WB in vvanderfall or wrothgar. Except ESO , no place in gaming world.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 17, 2018 2:31PM
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPS templar to rez...

Always

See this is why DPS Templars with far subpar DPS have a reason to be DPS!! They HAVE to choose us right?!

Seriously healer stops healing...group wipe
    Edited by Baconlad on May 17, 2018 2:43PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

First solo a vet dungeon on hard mode. Then come and speak. Noobs not even reading the content, doing personal insults and wasting thread space. ESO majority of max cp guys are noobs and only show off. Not even worth to solo a WB in vvanderfall or wrothgar. Except ESO , no place in gaming world.

First time I did that dungeon was about 6 weeks after I started playing. The dungeon guide was on the Internet even back then. I read it before I got in. For literally half an hour I was writing in group chat at people telling them to break free, to push RMB+LMB together. It went on for that long until I decided to quit, since people didn't want to be helped. Saw that in plenty of PuGs, some people are so stupid they can't follow simple advice, don't bother to answer at all, or even curse you for politely asking them to follow mechanics. Then probably some of them come and whine they have been persecuted by the big bad "elitist" that haunts the dungeon queue :)

As for doing Direfrost solo, it was only possible by glitching trough the door which requires you to push 2 plates at the same time. AFAIK that glitch has been fixed long time ago. Other than that there isn't literally anything remotely challenging in that dungeon - the trash packs are weak, and being entirely undead means you can drop ult on them and refund it straight away, the mini bosses have simple mechanics, and none of them do one-shots; also their HP is pretty low and if you open with an ultimate they're half dead in a few seconds. At the end boss the AoE has a very long telegraph, and there's literally no drain on your stamina since you can simply walk out before she comes, no need to roll dodge or block anything. As stamina you can simply do a heavy attack front bar rotation and stay at full stamina all the time with very little penalty to your rotation. The cost of break free ~4K w/o any modifiers, so you can easily do it even on a magicka character with a ~10K stamina pool.

As for the bosses in Wrothgar, the only one that's difficult to solo is the Ash titan Zandaadunoz the Reborn. I must confess that the lowest I've gotten him when trying solo was ~30% but the bomber scamps proved too much. In Vvardenfell Wuyuvus is the only one I failed to do solo, due to the uninterruptible stun & feed mechanic. Had I tried enough on my DK I would have probably done it eventually, since I got him pretty low before I missed my timing on Deep Breath.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

First time I did that dungeon was about 6 weeks after I started playing. The dungeon guide was on the Internet even back then. I read it before I got in. For literally half an hour I was writing in group chat at people telling them to break free, to push RMB+LMB together. It went on for that long until I decided to quit, since people didn't want to be helped. Saw that in plenty of PuGs, some people are so stupid they can't follow simple advice, don't bother to answer at all, or even curse you for politely asking them to follow mechanics. Then probably some of them come and whine they have been persecuted by the big bad "elitist" that haunts the dungeon queue :)

As for doing Direfrost solo, it was only possible by glitching trough the door which requires you to push 2 plates at the same time. AFAIK that glitch has been fixed long time ago. Other than that there isn't literally anything remotely challenging in that dungeon - the trash packs are weak, and being entirely undead means you can drop ult on them and refund it straight away, the mini bosses have simple mechanics, and none of them do one-shots; also their HP is pretty low and if you open with an ultimate they're half dead in a few seconds. At the end boss the AoE has a very long telegraph, and there's literally no drain on your stamina since you can simply walk out before she comes, no need to roll dodge or block anything. As stamina you can simply do a heavy attack front bar rotation and stay at full stamina all the time with very little penalty to your rotation. The cost of break free ~4K w/o any modifiers, so you can easily do it even on a magicka character with a ~10K stamina pool.

As for the bosses in Wrothgar, the only one that's difficult to solo is the Ash titan Zandaadunoz the Reborn. I must confess that the lowest I've gotten him when trying solo was ~30% but the bomber scamps proved too much. In Vvardenfell Wuyuvus is the only one I failed to do solo, due to the uninterruptible stun & feed mechanic. Had I tried enough on my DK I would have probably done it eventually, since I got him pretty low before I missed my timing on Deep Breath.

For your information, I dont need glitch for direfrost. I know some other players soled it. DPS has to be above 30K with good sustain with tri stat potions.
    I soled Ash titan Zandaadunoz the Reborn. Need to kill portals as quickly as possible even before boss or scamp. Mostly portals can be one shotted in range. Magic templar is best , if all shields up all the time with magicka recovery around 1500+ with 15k stamina to avoid one shot mechanics. Some pros might have better suggestion.

In fact I know a player who solo DLC vet dungeon bosses, including the falkreath final boss. I cannot do that. It requires extreme precision.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 17, 2018 3:17PM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No one said Direfrost is hard? That’s the point: so much content in this game does not require a true healer or a true tank — especially in base game content. The whole res hierarchy is often a moot point, because often times NO ONE is a true tank/healer in the dungeon. Some DLC dungeons benefit from true tanks and healers, but others (e.g. WGT) aren’t that bad at all. I used to subscribe to the “damage dealers res first” philosophy, but then discovered that it is very situational. It’s frequently more time efficient to leave someone dead (especially if you’re essentially carrying that person and the boss is almost dead anyway). A good example that immediately comes to mind is CoH II. I could diligently (and repeatedly!) res folks who can’t understand something as simple as “don’t dodge roll into AOE circles,” or I could just solo the boss and demonstrate to them how not to die to predictable mechanics next time. If a healer is closer to a DD who goes down, and the tank/other DD are self-sufficient, it’s better for that healer to chip in and res. And vice versa. It all depends on the situation. If I know that a tank is going to die as soon as the healer stops healing, and the dead DD is worth rezzing in the first place, I’ll obviously stop DPSing to res.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

---

All PUG group dungeons.

Sorry I think . I think you misunderstood or I make you misunderstood. I am not saying healer is not busy. Many healers know what they need to do. This is all about pug healers arguing that DPS has to rezz, when mobs going to enrage or DPS busy with the mobs/ miniboss. This scenario pretty common in VET dlc dungeons. These pug healers expecting DDs to kill the mobs before they enrage and come to rezz, when healer might have done in no time. Majority of DLC contents expect 1 DPS active all the time , kill mobs before the start enrage or ran out of time. This is simple plain English to understand.

No. This thread is about a pug dps that cannot figure out how to kill the trash mobs first then rezing the fallen player because he/she would rather argue about who has responsibility to rez.

The moderately experienced and capably dps would have killed the adds then rezed. Their thought was they will do what is needed to clear the content rather than make excuses for why they did not rez.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

---

All PUG group dungeons.

No. This thread is about a pug dps that cannot figure out how to kill the trash mobs first then rezing the fallen player because he/she would rather argue about who has responsibility to rez.

The moderately experienced and capably dps would have killed the adds then rezed. Their thought was they will do what is needed to clear the content rather than make excuses for why they did not rez.

Good luck with pugging and leaching. 1 minute silence for the group for noob healers who believe someone carry them for free . Let me tell you this, after healer and 1 dps died, I didnt rezz both. Noob healer left. Me and tank finished off the boss. I dont need to carry a heavy weight noob. I am better off with 1 extra dps than noob healer who dont know he has to rezz and dps is busy preventing adds get into rage phase.

I dont need a noob healer in these scenarios , who doesnt have common sense that he has to rezz , when other dps is busy with miniboss/mobs arguing dps has to rezz.

EIther I will kick or I will leave. Period. No argument . I dont need any advice from noobs, who has to rezz & lack basic common sense. Healers have right to complain, dps is not shielding from mobs while rezz and dps has to stop dpsing the boss and move to towards rezz location. Statement " Always DPS has to rezz " is not acceptable.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 17, 2018 8:00PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    my typical res procedure:
    - where the hell is that body needs to res? <start running around to find the body>
    - uhhh... well... :*<continue healing>

I use Nameplates set to Group only.

Make it easier to find group members who think they need to dps from China.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The white elephant in the room that we all have ignored really is that sometimes you cannot find the body. Its a common problem especially in large boss rooms where there is a lot of boss movement or in areas with a lot of objects and clutter. It is really something they need to address. We need a tombstone or something that makes it easier to find a body in a fight. there have been several times where i didnt rez just because i couldnt find the body to rez and i dont get a lot of time during a boss fight regardless of role to hunt for it.

I use Nameplates set to Group only.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

---

All PUG group dungeons.

Good luck with pugging and leaching. 1 minute silence for the group for noob healers who believe someone carry them for free . Let me tell you this, after healer and 1 dps died, I didnt rezz both. Noob healer left. Me and tank finished off the boss. I dont need to carry a heavy weight noob. I am better off with 1 extra dps than noob healer who dont know he has to rezz and dps is busy preventing adds get into rage phase.

I dont need a noob healer in these scenarios , who doesnt have common sense that he has to rezz , when other dps is busy with miniboss/mobs arguing dps has to rezz.

EIther I will kick or I will leave. Period. No argument . I dont need any advice from noobs, who has to rezz & lack basic common sense. Healers have right to complain, dps is not shielding from mobs while rezz and dps has to stop dpsing the boss and move to towards rezz location. Statement " Always DPS has to rezz " is not acceptable.

I have been around over 4 years and have seen much. Have pugged dungeons and used GF often though mostly form from guild. Rarely do I have an issue with GF groups.

That is why I say this thread is not about who should have rezzed, it is about who did not rez and that seems to be everyone that was in that group other than the dead dps chose to not rez for one reason or another.

So the question that really needs to be asked, why did you not rez after you killed the adds/mobs you speak of? That is the real question.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

LOL. Question is who has to rezz . Why always noobs interested doing personal attacks rather discussing . That argument is started by another noob here.

You have to Rez. Or anyone else who isn't dead. To be really honest though: if the dps was all that, no one would be dead anyway. Dps is more than just point and shoot. Actually requires you to have your eyes on the front of your face, too. (Or slightly to the sides if pursegonian)
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aside from the OP being wrong, everyone who says that tanks should ress before healers have probably never had a proper tank char. Unless there is a special mechanic demanding a change in the behavior (vAA burn phase on mage, vMoL 1st boss shield phase), it should be DD -> healer -> tank.

1. As the tank I always get interrupted when trying to ress, unless I pop the 1hs ulti (so it's quite a long break between ress attempts, even if you are one of those paranoid tanks who ignore "teh metah" and keep that skill on your bars just in case).
    2. If I tank more than just the boss, I won't have enough time between taunting the last target and taunt expiring on the first one, so some adds might go kill the healer while I'm trying to ress.
    3. Moving the boss could be a death sentence to the rest of the group.
    4. A good tank rarely actually needs a healer to stay alive long enough for the healer to ress someone, especially in 4-man dungeons, so if it's down to healer or tank to ress, the healer attempting it carries lower risk than a tank neglecting his survival and taunting for a ress while being hit by (near) 1-shot mechanics (vFH last boss likes to 1-shoot when you aren't blocking, for example). And I am talking about stuff like vFH, vBRF, vSP, and even vet trials when I'm talking about tank survival.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is this topic 7 pages long?

It's not that hard. If there are dangerous dungeon mechanics or a lot of incoming damage, neither the tanks nor healers rez. If the mechanics are predictable and there isn't a lot damage, then the DPS should DPS and the healer should do the rez (unless the tank is particularly bored).
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

You have to Rez. Or anyone else who isn't dead. To be really honest though: if the dps was all that, no one would be dead anyway. Dps is more than just point and shoot. Actually requires you to have your eyes on the front of your face, too. (Or slightly to the sides if pursegonian)
    ZeroXFF wrote: »
    Aside from the OP being wrong, everyone who says that tanks should ress before healers have probably never had a proper tank char. Unless there is a special mechanic demanding a change in the behavior (vAA burn phase on mage, vMoL 1st boss shield phase), it should be DD -> healer -> tank.

1. As the tank I always get interrupted when trying to ress, unless I pop the 1hs ulti (so it's quite a long break between ress attempts, even if you are one of those paranoid tanks who ignore "teh metah" and keep that skill on your bars just in case).
    2. If I tank more than just the boss, I won't have enough time between taunting the last target and taunt expiring on the first one, so some adds might go kill the healer while I'm trying to ress.
    4. A good tank rarely actually needs a healer to stay alive long enough for the healer to ress someone, especially in 4-man dungeons, so if it's down to healer or tank to ress, the healer attempting it carries lower risk than a tank neglecting his survival and taunting for a ress while being hit by (near) 1-shot mechanics (vFH last boss likes to 1-shoot when you aren't blocking, for example). And I am talking about stuff like vFH, vBRF, vSP, and even vet trials when I'm talking about tank survival.

Topic is about Vet hard dungeons where many are running with 3 dps. Trials is not even in context. Please read the post first before commenting something "OP is wrong" . If healer dont rezz in vet dungeons , when I am dealing with mobs or miniboss especially when I have to prevent rage, I dont need healer. I will kick healer or I will leave. Period. All noobs here cry dps should rezz without any convicning arguments.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 18, 2018 3:47PM
  • Ajitator
    Ajitator
    ✭✭✭
    Rez Order is DPS > Tank > Healer There is no other answer.

If you're talking about killing trash mobs you can do w/e the hell you want. But when it matters.... If you're talking about hard content and boss fights if you try to do it any other way you have a much higher chance of wiping. There's no question about it.

While healers have faster rez, that is absolutely built for PVP situations and emergency rezing. The reason is that when you're rezing you can't do anything else obviously. While that lack of DPS is not ideal, anything aoe or affect that comes up while you're rezing can be handled by the healer with purges and focused heals. If you're the healer and you get hit by an AOE you basically have to stop the rez and move out of it or die.

Now you have 2 problems.
    Edited by Ajitator on May 18, 2018 4:20PM
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Topic is about Vet hard dungeons where many are running with 3 dps. Trials is not even in context. Please read the post first before commenting something "OP is wrong" . If healer dont rezz in vet dungeons , when I am dealing with mobs or miniboss especially when I have to prevent rage, I dont need healer. I will kick healer or I will leave. Period. All noobs here cry dps should rezz without any convicning arguments.

At this point, this topic should just be locked. It's clearly a waste to continue discussing when it devolves into pointless name calling and elitist toxicity.
    Argonian forever
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your reply is an irony overload. You didn't bother reading my comment and you criticize me for not reading the OP. I am talking about all group content, and I explicitly mention multiple vet DLC dungeons later in that comment. This only tells me that you decided to stop reading before I got to the arguments, which means you wouldn't even know even if I did make convincing arguments against healers ressing first.

What's even more ironic is that those fights I mentioned in trials are those where it should be the tank(s) ressing first and not DDs, and yet you attack me.

Also, if none of the previous arguments convinced you, there is nothing I can say that will. It's situational, but if the healer is busy, everyone else is more likely to die when he tries ressing someone.

Also, your 3dd runs are a red herring. If you can do content without a healer or tank, that content is too easy for you, and it wouldn't matter who is ressing whom, because everyone present can probably solo it.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At this point, this topic should just be locked. It's clearly a waste to continue discussing when it devolves into pointless name calling and elitist toxicity.

Yes . You are correct . Its waste of time. Rezz should be always situational. Period. Agree or not agree I dont care. No one want to waste time .
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your reply is an irony overload. You didn't bother reading my comment and you criticize me for not reading the OP. I am talking about all group content, and I explicitly mention multiple vet DLC dungeons later in that comment. This only tells me that you decided to stop reading before I got to the arguments, which means you wouldn't even know even if I did make convincing arguments against healers ressing first.

What's even more ironic is that those fights I mentioned in trials are those where it should be the tank(s) ressing first and not DDs, and yet you attack me.

Also, if none of the previous arguments convinced you, there is nothing I can say that will. It's situational, but if the healer is busy, everyone else is more likely to die when he tries ressing someone.

Also, your 3dd runs are a red herring. If you can do content without a healer or tank, that content is too easy for you, and it wouldn't matter who is ressing whom, because everyone present can probably solo it.

Point is rezz is always situational . There is no generic rule. If tank is dead and 2 dps alive, 1 dps will have no problem in rezz.
    If you have played all hard content on this game, you might have agree. There are situations tank or healer should take rezz initiative. DPS should always rezz is a moot point. Not convinced. Again its waste of time , where there are many show offs and max cp noobs in this game when compared to top pros in other game as far I seen. Again its my personal opinion.

Its waste of time for everyone. No one can teach anyone, unless its willing to learn.

My friend solo falkreath main boss on hard mode. No tank , no healer.
    "everyone present can probably solo it" . Please ask everyone to solo it and provide a guide.

I need a tank obviously.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 18, 2018 5:23PM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol, written like someone who's clearly never healed anything.

I was going to crush most of your (wrong) points, but I'm guessing 7 page in, everyone else already has it covered.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healers rezzing people ha ha ha ha ha, no. How about I keep the other three people who didn’t stand in red getting one shotted while the other dd rezzes you. Last night I healed Selene guy died to the bear on last boss five times in a row. And another guy stayed in big aoe from FG 1 last boss. Even the tank ran out of it and never died but the dd stayed after a few one shots we kept him dead and finished the boss.
    Edited by DHale on May 18, 2018 5:24PM
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Point is rezz is always situational . There is no generic rule. If tank is dead and 2 dps alive, 1 dps will have no problem in rezz.
    If you have played all hard content on this game, you might have agree. There are situations tank or healer should take rezz initiative. DPS should always rezz is a moot point. Not convinced. Again its waste of time , where there are many show offs and max cp noobs in this game when compared to top pros in other game as far I seen. Again its my personal opinion.

Its waste of time for everyone. No one can teach anyone, unless its willing to learn.

My friend solo falkreath main boss on hard mode. No tank , no healer.
    "everyone present can probably solo it" . Please ask everyone to solo it and provide a guide.

I need a tank obviously.

Dude, you're again missing the point by a mile. I said it was situational, and I did put the necessary qualifiers in my first comment too. And on top of that you also took my quote out of context, there was a conditional statement before what you took.

There is no point arguing with all these strawmen of yours. Have a nice day.
  • SilvyrNixe
    SilvyrNixe
    ✭✭✭
    this-post-is-ikc0gv.jpg
    "Real courage is not to give up hope, even in the most terrible darkness, and to carry on." -The Sight by David Clement-Davies
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every now and then its argued , that dps should rezz dead , because of some noob healers not understanding mechanics of the game and just want to watch what dps and tanks doing ? This game have passives only for healers for rezz people. No dps or Tank passives have that bonus. Templars has passive. Support passives from PVP. Followed by Lord in champion system. DPS has nothing do with lord champion tree. Its specifically meant for Tanks and healers. In hard dps race fights only healers have privilege of time in vet dungoens. No one needs heals all the time.

Is healer / Tank are meant only for fake healers not understanding their role just look what dps is doing ? At least tank has to hold aggro. Healer has plenty of time , excluding time to time debuffs. Even passives are meant only for healers. I literally hate fake healers just doing nothing in Vet dungeons ( mazzatum, falkreath , Direfrost ) , its hard dps race & healers have no contribution and loot monster sets , because of others hardwork.

Topic is only limited to Vet dungoens.

Judging by the number of player that say other wise I'm going to take it that you are wrong.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)