The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Sooo AOE cap is swapped to AOE Stacking?

TheValar85
TheValar85
✭✭✭✭✭
Today and yesterday i was in Cyrodill on PC/EU/Vivec and my fellow Dominion mates have faced some realy interesting thing.

3QCOv9e.jpg

They are like a train of Aoe, they are making the whole game so lagging, that basicly it is a lag kill.

Each of those players are constantly spamming AOE's while they are basicly on eachothers neck, they just simply wall trhough everyone, and you instantly dead.

Not to mention, the fps in cyrodiil is already having some sirius issues, but this makes it even worst.

And the rest of the group members are not even loaded when i took the screenshot.it was sooo lagging as hell. According to my fellow group mate tryed to count them, but he stoped at 50.

Nothing was effective against them basicly, nor the sieges, nor destro ultimates, they just kept going and slauthering everything in their way.

People basicly button smashing their escaping abilties to get away from them as fast as they could, but thax for this directly coused lagfest by AOE stacking up no one stands a chance. I went leater on to sota Sil to look around what is goign on tthere. It was the same, Ad had an emperor a very decent one, with 2 full raid, they are all died by the same method like the others on vivec. And they all mentioned on the zoen chat this is clearly an exploit cousing directly making teh whole palce lagging and making the game to loose frames as well. And tehy are not palying with this game with potato pc's and nor do i. The game were unable to react basicly to do the bidding of making the skills work in time.
I decied to look around on Shor as well with my alt toon. it was very sad to see it was the same thing.

I would like to say that i am not here to QQ about the shade things what is going on in Cyrodiil, becasue every fraction hase its own methods, but directly cosuing lagfest kills is a clear exploit, ruinning the whole gaming experiance in Cyrodiil. Becasue they do know this, and so does now the Reds as well. They do exactly the same thing, in vivec, in Shor, in Sotha Sil.

It is not my first time to face zergs, and i do know how to wipe them out of the face of nirn, but seeng this constantly it is a real cheap move. Not to mention seeing how hard to try working together the DC and EP against AD is just prooving it right how miserable some players are. (i feel sorry for them)
But using these methods to take advantage over one fraction? Realy? And the forums are full of complains about AD? :D Look around you guys first and then judge the other fraction thank you.

Don't get me wrong because i have a lot of friends from each fractons, and i love them too. But when it comes like this, it is just eh i dont know i dont want to offend anyone from teh other fraction but i have to get out of this from my chest, it is pathetic what you guys doing. And also adding other facts like using the rest of the remaing campins, to do emperor boosting for real money and millions of golds just makes it wors too.

I don't get this, siriusly why people doing this? it is not fun anymore. Taking advantages over others in a way that using the games issues just to take advantages? thats everything just not fair in a competative game method like AVA.

GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're in a 20 group dude. What's the issue?
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vilestride wrote: »

Have you read all of my post or just looked at the image? I said the rest of teh enemy group was not even loaded, later on around 2 misn later the whole wall was full of them, my fps were 1 and my latency was 900. even i was unable to get a screenshot from that.

About my group then, 20 peeps against aoe stackers? is that a sirius question? were you ever in that situation my friend?

I gues not becuase you would't asked that question :) (please dont take it personaly i have nothing against you in real life)
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    latency doesnt increase because of animation lol
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arobain wrote: »

if the server cant hadle that muc of people and their action it does.
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheValar85 wrote: »

Have you read all of my post or just looked at the image? I said the rest of teh enemy group was not even loaded, later on around 2 misn later the whole wall was full of them, my fps were 1 and my latency was 900. even i was unable to get a screenshot from that.

About my group then, 20 peeps against aoe stackers? is that a sirius question? were you ever in that situation my friend?

I gues not becuase you would't asked that question :) (please dont take it personaly i have nothing against you in real life)

I run in a ball group. I am well aware of the effect well stacked AOE has on a group of 20. Welcome to large scale pvp friend.

Is that guild unfriendly fire? I can't quite make it out from the image? If so they're a good guild. You're going to need to try coordinating some aoe of your own to beat them.
    Edited by Vilestride on April 20, 2018 4:19AM
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I run in a ball group. I am well aware of the effect well stacked AOE has on a group of 20. Welcome to large scale pvp friend.

Trust me i am not new at pvp :D seen a lot of things, but this taking the torch so far that i had experianced in cyrodiil :D
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arobain wrote: »

These groups are creating server lag.

I see it slowly turn into a slide show while 90 ping and 60 fps on my end.

You can literally turn in place and find where they are by looking for the server lag from the distance roughly keep to keep...
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, performance issues is the reason I play on Shor. Vivec is unplayable 99% of the time for me. Not saying these ball-groups contribute more to FPS drops and lags than anyone else, since they usually go to places where a lot of people already are.

Edit:

And Shor on PC/EU has no such things as ball-groups (they occur but very, very rarely). Shor is basically DC and EP trading emperor-ship and when they´re not doing that, you´ll find the same DC players PvDoor AD and EP home keeps 24/7. Hopefully some of the changes to Cyrodil will have a positive impact on the PvDoor.
    Edited by Qbiken on April 20, 2018 5:53AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone wanted caps removed so they could deal with these groups easier.

Now the caps are gone and people are still mad at organised train groups.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Group there is Exile by the looks of it @Vilestride . I very much doubt there were 50 (18 in the screenshot) of them but I guess it's possible there's pugs too.

It's funny to see people complain about such large groups and then also at the tools of dealing with them.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on April 20, 2018 9:06AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't take your complaining seriously when you yourself are in a 20 man group.

Also I don't really believe you are "experienced in pvp" if this is the first time you see a ball group. They've been a daily thing for over 3 years.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just amazed you've never seen it before. This is nothing new - and nothing to do with the AOE caps change - its been around for years. Pretty much every day at primetime.

I guess AD must have had the luxury of always having the ball-groups either on their faction or playing at Bleakers.

*Edit.. btw, your stats look terrible for magsorc..
    Edited by Biro123 on April 20, 2018 9:38AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • psypanda
    psypanda
    ✭✭✭
    Not to mention, the fps in cyrodiil is already having some sirius issues, but this makes it even worst.

You are talking about some sirius issues here I think
    nTqsvkX.png

Edited by psypanda on April 20, 2018 10:53AM
    President of the official Lucina Civello Fanclub
  • VoiDGhOs7
    VoiDGhOs7
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD crying about numbers :lol:
    Edited by VoiDGhOs7 on April 20, 2018 10:54AM
  • Altercator
    Altercator
    ✭✭✭
    Turn on friendly fire.
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today and yesterday i was in Cyrodill on PC/EU/Vivec and my fellow Dominion mates have faced some realy interesting thing.

3QCOv9e.jpg

They are like a train of Aoe, they are making the whole game so lagging, that basicly it is a lag kill.

Each of those players are constantly spamming AOE's while they are basicly on eachothers neck, they just simply wall trhough everyone, and you instantly dead.

And the rest of the group members are not even loaded when i took the screenshot.it was sooo lagging as hell. According to my fellow group mate tryed to count them, but he stoped at 50.

Nothing was effective against them basicly, nor the sieges, nor destro ultimates, they just kept going and slauthering everything in their way.

People basicly button smashing their escaping abilties to get away from them as fast as they could, but thax for this directly coused lagfest by AOE stacking up no one stands a chance. I went leater on to sota Sil to look around what is goign on tthere. It was the same, Ad had an emperor a very decent one, with 2 full raid, they are all died by the same method like the others on vivec. And they all mentioned on the zoen chat this is clearly an exploit cousing directly making teh whole palce lagging and making the game to loose frames as well. And tehy are not palying with this game with potato pc's and nor do i. The game were unable to react basicly to do the bidding of making the skills work in time.
    I decied to look around on Shor as well with my alt toon. it was very sad to see it was the same thing.

I would like to say that i am not here to QQ about the shade things what is going on in Cyrodiil, becasue every fraction hase its own methods, but directly cosuing lagfest kills is a clear exploit, ruinning the whole gaming experiance in Cyrodiil. Becasue they do know this, and so does now the Reds as well. They do exactly the same thing, in vivec, in Shor, in Sotha Sil.

It is not my first time to face zergs, and i do know how to wipe them out of the face of nirn, but seeng this constantly it is a real cheap move. Not to mention seeing how hard to try working together the DC and EP against AD is just prooving it right how miserable some players are. (i feel sorry for them)
    But using these methods to take advantage over one fraction? Realy? And the forums are full of complains about AD? :D Look around you guys first and then judge the other fraction thank you.

Don't get me wrong because i have a lot of friends from each fractons, and i love them too. But when it comes like this, it is just eh i dont know i dont want to offend anyone from teh other fraction but i have to get out of this from my chest, it is pathetic what you guys doing. And also adding other facts like using the rest of the remaing campins, to do emperor boosting for real money and millions of golds just makes it wors too.

I don't get this, siriusly why people doing this? it is not fun anymore. Taking advantages over others in a way that using the games issues just to take advantages? thats everything just not fair in a competative game method like AVA.

This has absolutely nothing to do with aoe caps. These playstyle is still supported by sets like earthgore or skills like healing springs. In the upcomming chapter patch 4.0 will earthgore burst heal nerved, so it is much easier to kill this balls with coordinated aoe like destro and the new psijik aoe stun.
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was only a matter of time before the scenarios of launch returned. Congratulations, we have come full circle and the journey only took roughly 4 years.

"smaller" groups complaining about zerging "larger" groups rationalizing their behavior; all we need now is Frozn screaming "spread out" and we will be right back to year 1.5 where the only enemy we all fight regularly is the server lag.
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Complains about a aoe spamming zerg but is in a 20 man group himself xD just lmao.

Open your eyes and see the truth kid, just because they spam aoe isn't the reason you lose or the lag.
    Seeing your stats on that sorc and to what skills you're using makes you loose. Dont blame it on the server now because the organized groups lag too.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went leater on to sota Sil to look around what is goign on tthere. It was the same.
    They do exactly the same thing, in vivec, in Shor, in Sotha Sil.

Just wait until new changes go live. Wheeler said that performance would improve and ballistas would do 10% less damage to players. That will no doubt put an end to lemming gameplay.

Just kidding. Go to Kyne, or ragequit.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on April 20, 2018 11:43AM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the AD ball group, not the OP's ball group of 20 that is lagging the server.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those groups were doing it before the removal of AOE caps and they're doing it after.

I'm not really sure what's going on here. Thread feels about 3 years late.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    hope you reported all 50! of them .. cheat exploit abusers :trollface::trollface:

.. reading posts by zerglings is more fun than actually playing the game xD
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

• Fivefivesix
    Fivefivesix
    ✭✭✭
    Those kinds of ball groups are nothing new on vivec PC NA. Its actually quite impressive how long they can survive sometimes.
    United we stand, divided we fall.
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think thats my group at the time we sieged alessia and ran around the walls. We had 13 while unofficial night im guessing the rest is shadows league. Cant see picture properly the sun is on my phone screen.

Your group is bigger than both ours put together and we are in enemy territory while youre riding the wave.

AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think thats my group at the time we sieged alessia and ran around the walls. We had 13 while unofficial night im guessing the rest is shadows league. Cant see picture properly the sun is on my phone screen.

Your group is bigger than both ours put together and we are in enemy territory while youre riding the wave.

... but you are lagging them out ...
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I stopped reading at 'sirius'.
    PC EU
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »

... but you are lagging them out ...

It's strange that if I'm in a group with 14 guildies and we run around spamming AoEs, the game seems to run fine. But as soon as I come up to 30-40 solo players in a keep the performance dips a bit.
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know you've seen everything when a guy in a group of 20 complains about another large group lagging the server out.

YOU are part of the problem just as much as they are.
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've learned my lesson, Next time i will bring 5 people to fight your 20 man anti lag group.

Apologies.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Everyone wanted caps removed so they could deal with these groups easier.

Now the caps are gone and people are still mad at organised train groups.

In truth the problem is likely that AOE is too cheap in cost. If people are going to resort to this type of behavior the easiest solution is too make it so they can't nearly perpetually cast aoe's.

What's even worse is they have a whole bunch of people using lightning staves and just going for the heavy attack knockdowns on top of the aoe. I don't even know what gimmick that is... because I regularly see just some random lightning heavy attack with no off balance on me and get knocked down. It's not CP either (I don't play on CP servers). Even more annoying is they only need one tick of the lightning heavy attack to knock you down... when it should only be on the final pulse.

That and add a dozen plus people wearing Earthgore monster set... well lol, good luck killing them. You get 2-3 earthgore procs at same time on an aoe spamming zergball and you aren't killing them. The fact that they run more than that, makes it more obnoxious.

We we're told and argued that eliminating aoe caps would "save the game". It didn't do anything except make things worse...I've not really seen any improvement in pvp gameplay due to it and have only seen negatives. Performance is arguably worse, Zergballs are arguably harder to kill and most of the vocal "OMG get rid of AOEcaps" crowd is largely silent on it after they spent 3 years complaining about it.