The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 18 - [SPOILERS] Feedback Thread for Summerset Main Quest

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the Summerset main quest. Please note this thread will contain spoilers to the main quest. Proceed with caution!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    z96c9s4u55v8.png
    wemi5s4wbdlq.png

Spoilers: In the tutorial for the summerset expansion we have mephala trap us in a "mind trap" which is a prison in our own mind. The psijiic Oriandra helps us escape it and as a result we learn about the psijiics involvement in summerset and just down the road is the start of the summerset main quest with razumdar. I tested on both an existing character and a summerset character and the existing character cannot access the tutorial and the skillpoint and the dialogue isn't any different for the existing and summerset character for meeting the psjiic in the next quest, "The queen's decree".

Please allow "The mind trap" tutorial to be done by existing characters. Have us take a ship to mainland summerset and then on our way there we are trapped in our mind and it seems mephala wants us to not meddle in her affairs. We the vestige, who stopped molag bal, stopped clavicus vile in morrowind, stopped nocturnal in cwc would have been noticed by mephala and so should be trapped in a mind trap in an attempt to stop our interference in summerset.

Tested in both morrowind beta and summerset beta... Both summerset created characters and morrowind created characters can do their tutorial quest for an extra skillpoint and do then do the coldharbour tutorial for another skillpoint yet existing characters are shafted by not having that extra skillpoint from either the morrowind or the summerset tutorial. Existing characters SHOULD be able to do "The Mind Trap" summerset tutorial as not only does it flows perfectly to the Introduction of summerset main quests and introduction of the psijiic order, but we should also have access to its skillpoint. I paid just as much money as the people who started with summerset so I SHOULD be able to access the tutorial quest and its skillpoint.

Edited by Aliyavana on April 18, 2018 4:39AM
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're not allowed to post in here right? because the main quest is NDA?
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • VicRedguard
    VicRedguard
    ✭✭
    Took quest from Collecticle , activated "The Queen's Decree". Went to speak to Boatswain in Stormhaven (I'm DC). Arrived in Summerset, Quest remains to "Travel to Summerset" and does not update. No White arrow anywhere for next step, no character coming to talk to me... No clue where to go/what to do, been pacing around at the dock for like 10 minutes now.
  • VicRedguard
    VicRedguard
    ✭✭
    Maybe the quest should be "Travel to Simmersene" rather than Summerset ? The Alidor Docks are very far from Simmersene. Plus there is no white arrow nowhere, no direction, nothing.
    Edited by VicRedguard on April 21, 2018 5:02PM
  • VicRedguard
    VicRedguard
    ✭✭
    Please note that I have abandonned the quest, used a wayshrine to Simmersene, Calibar came running to me, started a Queen's Decree which allowed me to see a white arrow, and thus know where to go find Razum'dar (after 40 minutes of turning around). As there are no bug sections for Main Quest, I am leaving this here. Summary : The Collectible's quest start never turns into a white arrow (target objective) when arrived in Summerset.
  • Sonic_113
    Sonic_113
    Soul Shriven
    Definitely cannot continue the quest “The Queen’s Decree” if you don’t abandon it once on Summerset. Once abandoned you can “restart” it and then an NPc comes running.
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Same for me, started the Quest The Queens Decree from my Home in Ravenhurst Rivenspire, on a AD Template Highelf, it showed me a Arrow for Daggerfall, none for Auridon(Vulkhel Guard), arrived at the Harbour, no NPC, no arrow, nothing, just Travel to Summerset, Thx, I Am here, what now, lol? Feel lost, the first time in forever
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    AdamBourke wrote: »

You can post your feedback about the main quest in this thread.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ravendies
    ravendies
    ✭✭✭
    I am trying to advance in the main quest and am at the Pearl of Great Price quest. Upon entering the Rellenthil Sinkhole and speaking to Valsirenn I have been kicked back to the character selection screen 2 times now.
    This happened when I was in a group with one other person. We decided to try going into the sinkhole and talk to the npc separately which enabled us both to advance the quick without an issue. Once we got the quest to advance then we grouped again and I rejoined the other player in the sinkhole. We did not encounter any further problems with that portion of the quest.
    Edited by ravendies on April 17, 2018 4:15AM
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just can’t over how beautiful everything is! The furniture is amazing! You have really stepped up your game. I can tell that you have really listened to housing fanatics. I love all the building materials that are available for purchase. Please add something like the dark elf coals too please. I especially love the items that are made in such a way that they look like more than one item but count as one item, for example, the window boxes.
    I love the gifting system. My buddies in my housing guild were gifting each other back and forth. It was a lot of fun. I’ve been wanting to do that for a long time for birthdays or to contribute to the guild houses.
    The only thing that was bothersome is that all my items don’t want to seem to stay in my storage boxes. I put items in my boxes, left my house, and all the items were back in my inventory. Putting them in the bank did work, however. More later.
    Edited by Sweetpea704 on April 17, 2018 5:02AM
  • Footfalls
    Footfalls
    ✭✭✭
    My review, having solely played through the main quest and nothing else so as not to spoil anything later in May.

BIG SPOILER ALERT
    The main quest was overall quite good, if I were to describe it single sentence , it would be "base game main quest, but better". The stakes were higher than usual compared to previous main quests as well.

Although I prefer villains to not be Daedra, the MQ worked as it did. I liked the portrayal of the Daedric Princes as backstabbers, very fitting and explains why we don't see alliances between them as much.

I like how Sotha Sil specifically asked Divayth Fyr in CWC to take the Skeleton Key as far away from Nocturnal as he could, which ties back into how the Princes couldn't just break into the Crystal Tower, and needed to do some legwork.

The companions were great, and a major highlight for me. I like how the traitor was actually a nice and reasonable guy with clear motivations and a reasonable viewpoint (not wanting the world to end), goes a long way into showing that not all Daedric cultists are crazed lunatics (which can be seen in their general portrayal e.g. Veya being the most recent). I felt the introduction of Sotha Sil was a little rushed, though I'm happy he had a part to play in the MQ (as opposed to the usual modus operandi of NPCs letting me do all the work). Raz had a few lines and scenes which were gold (though a little less than expected) but Mr. D really stole the spotlight with some very, very good writing.

I also appreciate the portrayal of the Proxy Queen. I was certain she was going to be somehow a pawn or disguised Daedra but no! She's just a competent, slightly xenophobic queen, but firmly on our side.

Also big thumbs up for having the side quests you've completed in Summerset play a part in the main quest finale. That's a very nice touch which I noticed in Morrowind, glad to see that being continued here.

Compared to the Morrowind MQ, which really was hindered by nostalgia (I felt the writers were constrained with what we knew about Morrowind which meant it couldn't be too surprising), the Summerset MQ plot was new and interesting to me, and overall I enjoyed it.

The quest markers were also different than Morrowind MQ (which I suspect was intentional to get players to explore, though if you don't have max horse speed this could be quite slow). At one point Morrowind had you go in a single quest to three different corners of the island to get stuff to put a Macguffin together. In Summerset, every event led logically to another, while taking you to different parts of the island (which I think is a better way to do things).

One minor complaint was that Iachesis and the College of Sapiarchs were kinda pushovers? I'd expected a little more magical might from them considering who they are, but once again it's up to me to save them from their problems. This isn't too bad actually, just a minor nitpick.

My only major problem with the MQ was a visual one. I strongly did not like the way Nocturnal was visually portrayed throughout - I never liked that crown store outfit, it looks like cheap plastic and gave a bad impression. Maybe it would have worked if it had the graphics that she had in Skyrim (which was great), but the ESO Nocturnal costume is not nearly as good as the one in Skyrim. Difficulty wise the final boss fight was slightly more challenging than previous boss fights (as in more than just a faceroll, which was nice), but honestly I wish a giant Nocturnal wasn't just floating there in human form and costume in the background - I don't think she even moves her lips when talking (though I may have been mistaken on that point).

^In comparison, Mephala and Vile had significantly better NPC models, especially Mephala's

For final boss fights, I'd rate this very low just from the visual factor. Orsinium's was great, interesting mechanics, you could feel the strength of the orcs. I loved DB's final boss, the time stop mechanic was visually done well and something completely new and cool but expected from a priest of Akatosh. CWC had a great backdrop for the final boss fight, very beautiful to fight in the centre of the Cogitum Centralis, the shadows being banished by the light effect was great too. But the Summerset MQ final boss environment was... visually not impressive compared to the previous three. The actual final boss NPC has a great design though, looked suitably scary.
    Edited by Footfalls on April 18, 2018 9:28AM
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    Does tutorial fall within this thread? Not sure, so sorry if mis-posted

Anyway, just thinking back to Morrowind and there were sections of the tutorial for crouching, sneaking and lockpicking. It may have been decided to leave these out completely or I may have missed them but just think that they were very helpful for new players.
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please note that I have abandonned the quest, used a wayshrine to Simmersene, Calibar came running to me, started a Queen's Decree which allowed me to see a white arrow, and thus know where to go find Razum'dar (after 40 minutes of turning around). As there are no bug sections for Main Quest, I am leaving this here. Summary : The Collectible's quest start never turns into a white arrow (target objective) when arrived in Summerset.

Calibar also ran up to me as soon as I started the Summerset Tutorial. After talking to Calibar. In my Journal I used M to find the location. I just had to use the mouse wheel to zoom the map out to find the arrow, then placed a marker.

After speaking to Razum-Dar I used the same procedure with Journal > Summerset > Queen's Decree to find and mark subsequent Quest Objectives.

FYI, my Summerset Template toon is EP, in case that makes a difference.
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    This thread would be considered part of the NDA. So we can post main quest things in here, but we can't repost anything from this thread anywhere else.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the new Gifting option. Haven't tired it yet since this was my first, brief session in Summerset so I concentrated on the beginning of Queen's Decree from Razum Dar. Plus, it's late night PDT so no friends were online.

Scenery in Summerene is impressive and I like my special mount and baby Gryphon pet. Surprised the Summerset Template toon, despite the maxed CP, has no armor or weapons in the Mail or Inventory.
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭
    Delay in quest progression
    In general, there is some delay between the objectives. When i complete a dialog, the objective should update right then, but it takes sometimes up to one minute until objective updates.
    F.e. Talking to Raz, he says in the last dialog "Talk to Valirenn", who stands behind me directly, dialog completes, but I have to wait amost 1 minute until I actually can talk to Valirenn also the quest objective update delays.
    It is not on this specific NPCs, overall some objective updates have a delay. Can be confusing.

Starting the main quest
    As pointed above, it is difficult to find out where the main quest starts. After starting it says "Travel to Summerset", using wayshrine to Shimmersene, arrived, nothing happens. You have to go about 100-200m south-east from the wayshrine until it updates and leads to Raz. It took me a while and some help from other players to get that right.
    PC - EU
    Primary: PvP: magSorc, magNB, PvE: DK Tank, Templar Heal
    Secondary: PvP: magDK, Templar, PvE: Warden something
  • Quasaur
    Quasaur
    ✭✭
    Moved to bug report area.
    Edited by Quasaur on April 17, 2018 12:52PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty please make the Elegant Outfit a reward at the end of the quest line.
  • Ingimarr
    Ingimarr
    Soul Shriven
    When starting the Main quest I'm told to go t Summerset and talk to Raz, but no quest marker as to were to go. I spawned up in Summerset and the quest still told me to go to Summerset. I took a boat from Auridon and it took me to Alinor so I hopped onn my Wolf and rode up to Summerset and still no update to the quest. After Shouting in chat for about 30 min I was finaly told to go South from the Summerset Wayshrine then I finally found Raz.
  • Mirelurk
    Mirelurk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was standing in Summerset when I accepted the Queen's quest. It told me to go to Summerset even though i was already there. So I went on the boat and left Summerset. And came back again. It still told me to go to Summerset.
    Knights of Nirn | Daggerfall Covenant | PC | NA server

Swamplurk | V16 | Breton | Sorceror
    Morass | V16 | Breton | Templar
    Knightmire | V16 | Imperial | Dragonknight
    Catagory | V9 | Khajit | Nightblade

• DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, dont wanna say too much, because i dont know what is considered NDA, but, hint to all the peeps out there that worry about Skillpoint`s: Dont worry :)
    Edited by DirkRavenclaw on April 17, 2018 9:54PM
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't like having the gift ability notification each time logging in, the big gigantic ad each login, and the double exit logout.

I liked the quest, and I liked the Kinlady's gown and her 2-seater bath tub/sauna. (you can actually sit in it, but there's no water)

dress1.pngbath1.png
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear
    Footfalls wrote: »
    My review, having solely played through the main quest and nothing else so as not to spoil anything later in May.

BIG SPOILER ALERT
    The main quest was overall quite good, if I were to describe it single sentence , it would be "base game main quest, but better". The stakes were higher than usual compared to previous main quests as well.

Although I prefer villains to not be Daedra, the MQ worked as it did. I liked the portrayal of the Daedric Princes as backstabbers, very fitting and explains why we don't see alliances between them as much.

I like how Sotha Sil specifically asked Divayth Fyr in CWC to take the Skeleton Key as far away from Nocturnal as he could, which ties back into how the Princes couldn't just break into the Crystal Tower, and needed to do some legwork.

The companions were great, and a major highlight for me. I like how the traitor was actually a nice and reasonable guy with clear motivations and a reasonable viewpoint (not wanting the world to end), goes a long way into showing that not all Daedric cultists are crazed lunatics (which can be seen in their general portrayal e.g. Veya being the most recent). I felt the introduction of Sotha Sil was a little rushed, though I'm happy he had a part to play in the MQ (as opposed to the usual modus operandi of NPCs letting me do all the work). Raz had a few lines and scenes which were gold (though a little less than expected) but Mr. D really stole the spotlight with some very, very good writing.

I also appreciate the portrayal of the Proxy Queen. I was certain she was going to be somehow a pawn or disguised Daedra but no! She's just a competent, slightly xenophobic queen, but firmly on our side.

Also big thumbs up for having the side quests you've completed in Summerset play a part in the main quest finale. That's a very nice touch which I noticed in Morrowind, glad to see that being continued here.

Compared to the Morrowind MQ, which really was hindered by nostalgia (I felt the writers were constrained with what we knew about Morrowind which meant it couldn't be too surprising), the Summerset MQ plot was new and interesting to me, and overall I enjoyed it.

The quest markers were also different than Morrowind MQ (which I suspect was intentional to get players to explore, though if you don't have max horse speed this could be quite slow). At one point Morrowind had you go in a single quest to three different corners of the island to get stuff to put a Macguffin together. In Summerset, every event led logically to another, while taking you to different parts of the island (which I think is a better way to do things).

One minor complaint was that Iachesis and the College of Sapiarchs were kinda pushovers? I'd expected a little more magical might from them considering who they are, but once again it's up to me to save them from their problems. This isn't too bad actually, just a minor nitpick.

My only major problem with the MQ was a visual one. I strongly did not like the way Nocturnal was visually portrayed throughout - I never liked that crown store outfit, it looks like cheap plastic and gave a bad impression. Maybe it would have worked if it had the graphics that she had in Skyrim (which was great), but the ESO Nocturnal costume is not nearly as good as the one in Skyrim. Difficulty wise the final boss fight was slightly more challenging than previous boss fights (as in more than just a faceroll, which was nice), but honestly I wish a giant Nocturnal wasn't just floating there in human form and costume in the background - I don't think she even moves her lips when talking (though I may have been mistaken on that point). In comparison, Mephala and Vile had way more interesting NPC models.

For final boss fights, I'd rate this very low just from the visual factor. Orsinium's was great, interesting mechanics, you could feel the strength of the orcs. I loved DB's final boss, the time stop mechanic was visually done well and something completely new and cool but expected from a priest of Akatosh. CWC had a great backdrop for the final boss fight, very beautiful to fight in the centre of the Cogitum Centralis, the shadows being banished by the light effect was great too. But the Summerset MQ final boss environment was... visually not impressive compared to the previous three. The actual final boss NPC has a great design though, looked suitably scary.

One hundres percent agree, also I would add that the questline is kinda the love child of Orsinium and Clockwork it had nice lore and well made characters with motives more then because I'm evil
    Also agree on the appearance of Nocturnal, she is kind lackluster especially compared to Mephala on which you can clearly that Mephala was very well designed and kudos to those who had a hand in that

One more thing I'd add, I race changed my characters one time to see if the NPC would have slightly remarks about my race, and wonderfully they did reacted more welcoming if I was a High Elf and when I switched to Dark Elf they went a little xenophobic in some way
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Esmaralda
    Esmaralda
    ✭✭
    Razum-Dar is nowhere to be found :(
    ♥♥♥ Ezmaralda, Vampire of Morrowind ♥♥♥
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Esmaralda wrote: »
    Razum-Dar is nowhere to be found :(

I think he's Shim rather than Alinor.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • VicRedguard
    VicRedguard
    ✭✭
    Queen's Decree
    In Monastery main building
    All yellows (neutral) NPC have no names and cannot be pickpocketed (but they can be blade of woe'd)

• saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ritemaster's Gifted Staff

I did an in-game bug report, but thought I'd mention it here, too.
    This is an quest reward item as part of the main quest. In the tooltip, it says it increases weapon and spell critical by 4000%.
    Which I am totally down with, btw.
    Edited by saf227_ESO on April 18, 2018 3:17AM
  • Nexerous
    Nexerous
    ✭✭
    The quest "Buried Memories" has broken for me. The option to burn Mephala's Barrier doesn't appear, and logging out doesn't fix the issue.
  • thetookybird
    thetookybird
    ✭✭
    In The Tower Sentinels quest there is a invisiblity/non-interactable bug.

Upon entering the Sapiarch College Labyrinth my character is invisible, as is the quest NPC that is required to speak with to further the quest. The dialogue option is there to speak to her, but it will not respond when toggled.
    I cannot interact with my combat keys, or swap weapons.
    Enemies are also invisible, but can attack me. I cannot initiate combat, or attack back.
    Reloading ui, leaving the area and re-entering, and fully restarting the game have not worked.

I also tried to send a ticket, but the Submitting Ticket notification window is stuck on "Submitting..."

(To add: Exiting the area, my character does reappear. It is only in the Labyrinth that this issue happens)
    | NA | PC | Daggerfall Covenant
    » Anna Caiohme | Sorc Healer
    Life's a little Wyrd

• DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to say too much because I'm not to clear on the NDA. But...
    Great Job. I am absolutely blown away and was left wanting more. The final quest didn't auto trigger like all the others. I checked my achievements and saw there was 1 more quest and then got it. But other than that, no complaints only praise. I think it got better and better as it went. You guys did a really good job with this chapter.