The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

PTS Update 18 - Feedback Thread for Sorcerer Balance

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Tasear wrote: »
    What do you guys think about changes to dark magic?

Will mines be useful?

Is the heal enough say use twlight tormentor?

How is encase looking?

I always like the mine, but as I remember they were clunky as boss didnt trigger them all as intended or understood

Ill give it a try again.

Maybe this is what meant by mines not going off with things immune to etun or something?
    Options
  • Svidrir
    Svidrir
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

As I said, it provides the stat buff :) If you have bound armor on 1 bar, you will only have the magicka or stamina bonus on that very bar and it won't carry over to your other bar or Overload bar.

Thank you for the information, that's what I was afraid of .....

Edited by Svidrir on April 17, 2018 12:34PM
    Ulaan Baator sorcier bdsm
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did 8% increase magic or stamina go bye bye from bound armaments?

It's still there.

Do we need to have it on the 2 bars for it to be active, or one bar is enough ?

@Dracane

@Morgul667

Having it on 1 bar provides the stat buff and and also the minor ward and resolve if you are using Bound Aegis or the light attack bonus when you use Armaments. The 20% block mititgation is a baseline effect for both morphs.
    When you activate bound armor, you get that old purple mist animation for 3 seconds which gives you the block buff and it remains active for the duration when you swap bars.

Thanks @Dracane what about the 8% magicka or stamina bonus?

As I said, it provides the stat buff :) If you have bound armor on 1 bar, you will only have the magicka or stamina bonus on that very bar and it won't carry over to your other bar or Overload bar.

Sorry i didnt understand the first time but thanks for clarification :)
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you guys see more diversity in sorcs in gameplay next patch?
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will mines be useful?

How is encase looking?

I always like the mine, but as I remember they were clunky as boss didnt trigger them all as intended or understood

Ill give it a try again.

Maybe this is what meant by mines not going off with things immune to etun or something?

I dont remember if it was alcast or someone who poste an explanation thread about the bug.

Basically the boss takes damage for two mines but not 3 if i remember correctly

I did my own testting as i ran a build without crystal frag at a point ( trying to develop my own thing). It had potential but was not on par with other skills for the magicka spent. Ill give it some tests again
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will mines be useful?

How is encase looking?

Ill give it a try again.

I dont remember if it was alcast or someone who poste an explanation thread about the bug.

Basically the boss takes damage for two mines but not 3 if i remember correctly

I did my own testting as i ran a build without crystal frag at a point ( trying to develop my own thing). It had potential but was not on par with other skills for the magicka spent. Ill give it some tests again

Thanks more testing and results will help sorc get to where it needs to be.
    Options
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hard to say. There is always a meta and people tend to be meta chasers. This is only partly justified by the fact that the PvE DPS role doesn´t offer much space for "individual builds."

I´d love to see more Sorc healers (even in PvP!), or more Sorc tanks, though. The tools are there, people just have to use them.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did 8% increase magic or stamina go bye bye from bound armaments?

It's still there.

Do we need to have it on the 2 bars for it to be active, or one bar is enough ?

@Dracane

@Morgul667

Having it on 1 bar provides the stat buff and and also the minor ward and resolve if you are using Bound Aegis or the light attack bonus when you use Armaments. The 20% block mititgation is a baseline effect for both morphs.
    When you activate bound armor, you get that old purple mist animation for 3 seconds which gives you the block buff and it remains active for the duration when you swap bars.

Thanks @Dracane what about the 8% magicka or stamina bonus?

Thanks for answering. Was curious since it would´ve been very beneficial for stamsorc werewolf in that case :)
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Diversity? No, or at least nothing to write home about. You've got maybe 1 bar slot, if you used BA before. But you weren't reliant on a GC before. And the cost reduction after block really benefits SnB builds the most, which ironically many stam sorcs already run in PvP.

The issue at hand is that sorcs "core strengths" (mobility) is still weak and can't compete with shield stacking. Someone already said it, even the "stand your ground" DK now has a snare removal in his class kit, while the oh-so-mobile sorc has to rely on extern skills which all have it's own drawbacks and opportunity costs.

Nothing class relevant has changed to move the meta or anything near it around. In PvP the former frag nerf still hurts mag sorcs. Only thing I can imagine is that imbued weapons will be some kind of class spam replacement for stam sorcs. As Mag you're forced into destro anyway.

I hyped myself too much when they said this will bring changes to the classes.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My magicka sorc is going to choose the stamina morph for Bound Armor :smiley:
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have the disk space for PTS. Whoever gets to go on it an play about, can they please, please test:
    a) what is the light attack damage increase on PTS compared to live
    b) does the the new passive for 15% cost reduction after block, have a cool down.
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Guys, I don't know how many of you have gotten on PTS yet, but the old "Invalid Location" Bolt Escape bug is back.

Haven't uploaded the video of it yet, but it's exactly the same as the old Invalid Location bug back from Thieves Guild PTS, which you can see here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvVOFw2u7pk

Well they better sort this out sooner rather than later, because if this makes it to live (again) there shall be carnage.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    jeskah wrote: »
    Quick test: empower do not empower overload.
    The bound armaments 11% looks like does.

Goodbye Overload gankers :) A bit sad, that overload remains rather useless offensive wise, but also glad that no nerfs will be needed.

Not sure what's going on. so on PTS my overload light attack reads 17k when I mouse over it...then I cast mage light and it jumps to 22k. I would say its affected by empower....

It buffs by 20%... not 40%. Not sure if bug that it doesn't do 40%, or a bug that it still does 20%... or if it was supposed to stay at the same level.

22/17= 1.3

That (what Malamar is listing) is a 30% buff. Neither 20% nor 40%.

It's what is known as "ZOS math".
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    NBrookus wrote: »
    jeskah wrote: »
    Quick test: empower do not empower overload.
    The bound armaments 11% looks like does.

Goodbye Overload gankers :) A bit sad, that overload remains rather useless offensive wise, but also glad that no nerfs will be needed.

Not sure what's going on. so on PTS my overload light attack reads 17k when I mouse over it...then I cast mage light and it jumps to 22k. I would say its affected by empower....

It buffs by 20%... not 40%. Not sure if bug that it doesn't do 40%, or a bug that it still does 20%... or if it was supposed to stay at the same level.

22/17= 1.3

That (what Malamar is listing) is a 30% buff. Neither 20% nor 40%.

It's what is known as "ZOS math".

ZOS also invented common core
    Options
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lightning Flood is only viable for a 6 second rotation builds which are close to non existing. Running liquid lightning for 7 seconds pulls of almost the same damage as the 6 second Lightning flood and you also have 3 more seconds of its duration.

The damage increase of lightning flood should be raised from 15% to 25% or at lease the duration should be increased by 1 or 2 seconds to make it on par with the other morph.

Also I don't understand why Dreadric mines are doing single target explosions. It is common sense that they should do an area of effect damage when one of them explodes.

Also I'd suggest pets to be able to be one slotted and their damage lowered to compensate.
    Edited by rosendoichinoveb17_ESO on April 17, 2018 2:11PM
    Options
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the Sorcerer combat balance and ability changes. After you have a chance to try out different combat scenarios, let us know what you think of the current balance.

Ah, because this is more of a conversational thread due to the lack of anything worth talking about in the sorc patch notes:

1) Reduce both the costs and the damage of Overload light attacks by 50%.
    2) Increase the damage of the Overload heavy attacks by 50%.
    3) Dark Deal should convert more ressources per usage

4) Give Sorcs back their class identity:
    a) Chrystal Frags: Magicka Skills have a 15% chance of causing the next CF to be instant, deal 20% more damage, and apply minor breach.
    b) Chrystal Explosion: Now scales off stamina. 20m range. Does no longer stun, or deal AoE damage. Stamina Skills have a 15% chance of causing the next CE to be instant, deal 20% more damage, and apply minor fracture.

Well, we can at least dream :)
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
    Options
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wishlist is simple

-frag stuns and 10/20% dmg nerf is restored

-streak has no front/back delay (removes snares)

-hard ward has minor protection that kicks in for x seconds when attacked by 2+ people.

-destro ult reworked into 3 ults
    1. Inferno: lobs a fireball at single target for x damage and applies a unique burn that while active provides minor beserk to the user. Undodgeable but blockable.
    2. Lightning: conal magicka db that deals x damage, concusses and disorients enemies hit (stunning them much like db.)
    3. Ice: slam staff into the ground to cause an aoe ripple (ic atro boss) that shoots icicles outwards in an 8m radius all enemies hit once are rooted and take 100/75/50/25% damage for successive icicles. On the 3rd icicle to hit a target they are stunned much like permafrost.

Note: this should reduce stress on server performance and make old ults more popular (diversity). Providing mag classes with unique low cost ult options that don’t lack counterplay like the current ult (compared to the stationary ult counterparts)

I’ll keep the list short so it isn’t scary to read.
    Edited by Irylia on April 17, 2018 2:44PM
    Options
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just made a comparison between light attacks on live and pts and I am positively shocked. Yet can hardly believe, these numbers are correct.

Light attack on live: 58189 Magicka, 2120 spell damage: 2899 damage
    Light attack on pts : Exactly the same stats : 5929

This is on a skeleton, no penetration applied, no maelstrom weapon. Exact same CP layout with 720 CP.
    Holy Trinimac.

Ahaha called it in my excel calc sheet @Qbiken ! 100% increase in light attack damage for your typical magicka stacking petsorc build thanks to the new ratio.

Stong shields, strong pets, now with strong empowered light attacks. Big winner of this new patch, you guys are going to have fun :smiley:
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
    Options
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    Your goal in the dps department is a bad one. In your comments, you wanted to close the gap between. Stamina and magick does in trials. In reality, this would remove any chance of stamina wanted in competitive trial runs. The reason stamina was allowed in trials was the fact that they COULD potentially pull more dps. Magicka would then be there to be survivable/ranged. I understand this leaves magDKs in a bad place, which I would suggest making your goal to have magDKs comparable with stamDPS, not your original goal of making stamina and magicka dps the same.
    Because of your changes, magicka dps pull WAY more damage than stamina--much more than stamina ever pulled. Someone was able to do a 50k parse on a dummy on a magblade WITHOUT BUFFS. In relation tosources, the magsirc can pull 47k whereas the stamina sorc falls behind by 5k with comparable conditions. Your changes have made magicka way too overpowered with your light attack buff.
    The buff is only a symptom of the problem, the true problem is your goal. In summary, you should change your goal to have magdk pull similar numbers to stamsorcs or other stam players. The clockwork city patch has actually been the most balanced when it comes to dps in trials--magdks were practically the only ones left out from the original roster. Do NOT try to boost magDPS over stamina; it will be homestead all over again, with only magicka toons requested in trials.
    Edited by WardogAce on April 17, 2018 2:57PM
    You walk the narrow path that cuts between glory and sacrifice--valor and patience. You measure your pursuit of honor with reason and foresight.
    Playing since October 2013
    • Armazd Krikor: Stamina Sorcerer- DC Redguard | PVE/PVP DPS
    • Artemis Mihr: Magicka Templar - EP Dunmer | PVP DPS
    • Arwen Lucine: Magicka Sorcerer - DC Dunmer | PVE DPS
    vMA | vDSA | vSO HM | vHRC HM | vAA HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS +1 | vCR +2

Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NO. :(
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We REALLY need our class identity back in PvP.

Movement, burst, fun.

Not to blocking and tankier than ever.

Fix streak, give it distance
    Remove the clunky feeling from rune cage if you are forcing us to use it
    Boundless be boundless!
    Frag needs power back
    Ultimate back to 1000 (wish list)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone spot that in known.issues streak is bugged ?

I'm at least hoping that means they meddling with its code to stop the horrid delays.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    My wishlist is simple

-hard ward has minor protection that kicks in for x seconds when attacked by 2+ people.

1. Inferno: lobs a fireball at single target for x damage and applies a unique burn that while active provides minor beserk to the user. Undodgeable but blockable.
    2. Lightning: conal magicka db that deals x damage, concusses and disorients enemies hit (stunning them much like db.)
    3. Ice: slam staff into the ground to cause an aoe ripple (ic atro boss) that shoots icicles outwards in an 8m radius all enemies hit once are rooted and take 100/75/50/25% damage for successive icicles. On the 3rd icicle to hit a target they are stunned much like permafrost.

Note: this should reduce stress on server performance and make old ults more popular (diversity). Providing mag classes with unique low cost ult options that don’t lack counterplay like the current ult (compared to the stationary ult counterparts)

I´d be careful to ask for buffs at this point.

Magica as a whole due to lightattack changes and sorc specifically due to changes to rune cage + psijic skilline do not feel weak on pts.

I might agree on CF buff in some way because i´m inclined to no longer slot it under certain circumstances. This shouldn´t be the case for a core skill.

Overload should see a complete overhaul. It´s nuts in combination with the new empower + imbued weapon. On the other hand it´s useless without.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Irylia wrote: »
    My wishlist is simple

I´d be careful to ask for buffs at this point.

Magica as a whole due to lightattack changes and sorc specifically due to changes to rune cage + psijic skilline do not feel weak on pts.

I might agree on CF buff in some way because i´m inclined to no longer slot it under certain circumstances. This shouldn´t be the case for a core skill.

Overload should see a complete overhaul. It´s nuts in combination with the new empower + imbued weapon. On the other hand it´s useless without.

That’s the point. *Magicka* got buffed, that means the Magicka spec of every class, not just ours. The light attack buff is nice, but stamina ayers have been running around with that for years with 5K weapon damage.

The base skill Crystal shards needs to have minor breach on it, even if it’s just for a couple of seconds. Giving the frags morph 10% more damage (20% total) would sweeten the deal. Right now it just doesn’t hit hard enough to justify having an instant cast locked behind a one third proc chance.

Something has to be done about the buff/debuff imbalance with Sorc. Fact is we don’t have any debuffs except those we get from crutching on broken sets. (Riposte, durok, etc)

Rune cage was a nice thing we didn’t really ask for, but many of us don’t see the point of a stun hitting for 3-4K tops when we can spam flame reach. It does the same thing, and lays down six times the damage because it still hits when the enemy CC immunity is up.

Overload isn’t an excuse not to buff our class, that skill is going to get nerfed. We all know it. The only question is how. Hopefully/personally I hope they reduce the light attack damage and make the heavy attack *really* impressive so that the skill isn’t completely pointless. We don’t have any really impressive damaging ultimates, nothing that compares to leap or incap strike.
    Edited by Minalan on April 17, 2018 7:08PM
    Options
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Pet Sorc player...
    1. Allow Twilight Tormentor to apply minor breach or something so it's not useless for half of a fight.
    2. Reduce the cost of the Clannfear's active heal because it's about 6k for me. For a tank ~6k is ridiculous especially when managing a pet since shields on a tank are weaker than a full mag sorc DPS. Also consider increasing his passive damage while at that.
    3. Allow Sorc pet's passive damage to benefit from CP.
    4. The charged storm atronach AoE attack would be more useful if tied as a second function when activating the atronach again after being summoned so players have more control and can time when this is necessary.
    5. Then just make an air atronach morph that deals physical damage. Remember the last update where you made him scale better with penetration and max resource? Awesome for magic users but where is the love for stam sorcs on this one?
    6. Why does Daedric Prey buff pet's damage by 55% BUT the storm atronach? Not asking for a buff but it's eyesore to look at, just make it 55% for all pets and respectively reduce the atronach tooltip if you have to...

While it's great that Empowered Ward and Bound Armour got buffed...
    I want the abilities in the game to function with the system's that have been implemented for years. All of the deceiving tooltips are a bloody half-arse mess while morphs are left to be point-blank useless.
    Edited by SirMewser on April 17, 2018 7:20PM
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Overload isn’t an excuse not to buff our class, that skill is going to get nerfed. We all know it. The only question is how. Hopefully/personally I hope they reduce the light attack damage and make the heavy attack *really* impressive so that the skill isn’t completely pointless. We don’t have any really impressive damaging ultimates, nothing that compares to leap or incap strike.

After you brought that up a lot of times I must ask myself where do you see Overload's uses then?
    In PvE boss fights w/ adds you're good with Elemental Rage since that isn't a channel. For PvP single target or even ganking it would be worse than on live. I also don't think it's wise to use a channel when you're relatively close to a tight group, which is needed to do damage with it.
    So the only thing that swapped damage would be good for is PvE AoE trash fights. And for that you don't need an ultimate anyway. And after all, there is still a morph that increases damage and range of the heavy attack.

If they don't rework that skill completely (by which I fear loosing out our third bar) they need to either stop empower from working on OL or adjust how it scales with the new system. Maybe through lowering the base damage.
    Options
  • Daila820
    Daila820

Why?
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

After you brought that up a lot of times I must ask myself where do you see Overload's uses then?
    In PvE boss fights w/ adds you're good with Elemental Rage since that isn't a channel. For PvP single target or even ganking it would be worse than on live. I also don't think it's wise to use a channel when you're relatively close to a tight group, which is needed to do damage with it.
    So the only thing that swapped damage would be good for is PvE AoE trash fights. And for that you don't need an ultimate anyway. And after all, there is still a morph that increases damage and range of the heavy attack.

If they don't rework that skill completely (by which I fear loosing out our third bar) they need to either stop empower from working on OL or adjust how it scales with the new system. Maybe through lowering the base damage.

You have a point, the heavy attack activation time is too slow in PVP, and the range too short to really be useful there.

In any event it needs to be made useful. If the overload bar is a sacrifice we make for it being “really good” then I’d be willing to take that risk

I use the overload bar more than anything. I stick three or four utilities there that I don’t have room for otherwise. Outside of ganking some newbie on a horse, I can’t remember the last time I fired a light attack in anger.

On PTS, Makkir managed to get a tooltip of 27K or something insane. Using it with rune cage is a one shot nearly every time.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    I just made a comparison between light attacks on live and pts and I am positively shocked. Yet can hardly believe, these numbers are correct.

Light attack on live: 58189 Magicka, 2120 spell damage: 2899 damage
    Light attack on pts : Exactly the same stats : 5929

This is on a skeleton, no penetration applied, no maelstrom weapon. Exact same CP layout with 720 CP.
    Holy Trinimac.

Ahaha called it in my excel calc sheet @Qbiken ! 100% increase in light attack damage for your typical magicka stacking petsorc build thanks to the new ratio.

Stong shields, strong pets, now with strong empowered light attacks. Big winner of this new patch, you guys are going to have fun :smiley:

At about 58k Magicka, you will have a 100% damage increase. However, everything else will be significantly lower.
    It's basically keeping the same damage niveau as before, thus it does not really benefit magicka stackers much more.

I don't notice this at all in combat.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daila820 wrote: »

Why?

Increased damage to light attacks just for having it slotted.
    Options
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At about 58k Magicka, you will have a 100% damage increase. However, everything else will be significantly lower.
    It's basically keeping the same damage niveau as before, thus it does not really benefit magicka stackers much more.

I don't notice this at all in combat.

What ? i'm just saying a petsorc on PTS has the same shields, pet and ability damage as on Live, but twice the light attack damage it has on Live.

Magicka stackers do get the biggest boost from this change, they had lesser than everyone else light attacks, and now they have at least the same has everyone.

I "predicted" this 10 days ago :
    Aznox wrote: »
    Ok i've run some quick math to know where such a change would get us with our LA/HA damage ...

... and it's seems maybe too big of a change for them to only change the ratio, they would probably tune down the coef too because a 42% increase (value for my example werewolf build, it would be around 100% for a petsorc build ...) would have a very big impact on the overall game balance.

OVCjyVy.png

Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
    Options