Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

PTS Update 18 - Feedback Thread for Sorcerer Balance

• Svidrir
    Svidrir
    ✭✭✭
    In stamina, to have bound armor on a single bar will surely make lose the passive 20% regen stamina on 1 bar, the guardian will possess him in buff.

It must be a moph stam for the curse veloce (love) or change the passive if it is the case
    Let the curse stall on the highest resource (it will always be lower in stamin but less useless) for exemple .

Edited by Svidrir on April 17, 2018 6:21AM
    Ulaan Baator sorcier bdsm
    Options
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Goody. Another oblivion proc set.

Somebody will twin it with shieldbreaker, guaranteed.

Have you met indigitally on Vivec? He will rejoice when this comes on live...
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kova wrote: »
    Someone else mentioned it, but the invalid location bug is pretty gamebreaking for a sorc. Here's what I've tested:

-You can bolt on flat land with no objects in the way

-If you bolt off of a ledge, invalid location

-If you bolt to a wall, invalid location

-if you bolt from one ledge across a gap to another, as long as the landing space is big enough you will be allowed to bolt.

I'm not sure what could've possibly been touched with this skill, but whatever it was really broke it.

It’s mentioned in the 4.0.0 patch notes as known issue. So it’s not really surprising and I expect it to be fixed until live.
    Sorcerer
    Bolt Escape may get stuck and not teleport when you cast it on uneven terrain or stairs.
    Edited by Feanor on April 17, 2018 6:25AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since bound armor isn´t a toogle anymore, does the increased magicka/stamina carry over to the overload bar?
    (Let say you´ve it slotted on your frontbar but not on your overload bar)
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm honest the changes are utterly depressing.

I've mailed a Sorc from launch and they are less and less fun to play. And these changes do nothing to improve that.

1. You have taken the sparkle away from the class, with the repeated Nerfs. Yet seem to be pushing Sorc Tanks. Of all the ways add diversity to Sorc this really is not the right way. It caters to about 0.0001% of the player base.
    2. This patch kills MagDW. It was already dead but its effectiveness compared to 2H has had the gap increased further and with loss of empower burst is gone. Meteor & Frag need a buff
    3. Overload. I've been using Overload as a niche build from launch, there are some buffs to it here depending on your viewpoint (nerf to Ganking as empower gone) but seriously everyone reliant on Overload looking good this patch is redicious of everone has to run it. For half a second I thought you made it undodgeable but then see that's heavy attack which no one uses.
    4. PvE gets a buff from 2H slots. But who needs a buff in faceroll easyPvE anyway.

Sorcs should be dynamic, squishy but high powered burst and mobility yet you have drained that from the class.

I honestly wish your overall direction was just clear I.e. Jist say out loud We want sorcs to tank. We want all to use Overload. We want all to ward and block and be tanku in PvP. You must use rune cage

We need streak buff (less cost / distance), frag sorted (power/minor breach on impact) more class debuffs, more class buffs, MagDW damage buff, rune cage should be instant, boundless storm should act like a CC purge (I.e. Be boundless)

Etc etc etc

Honestly its the first time I've thought about quitting the class. But I have no other options, sorc is my main. But the lack of progression or listening to the other Sorc threads is depressing.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not gonna lie here. Pretty disappointed. It's pretty appernt that the devs have no idea.
    Options
  • Svidrir
    Svidrir
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I
    Honestly its the first time I've thought about quitting the class. But I have no other options, sorc is my main. But the lack of progression or listening to the other Sorc threads is depressing.

Same for me and my Stam sorc ... Welcome ^^ .
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Svidrir wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I

Same for me and my Stam sorc ... Welcome ^^ .

What changed for them?
    Options
  • Andferne
    Andferne
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    I feel the need to point out this fantastic chart again to the devs team, and make a few notes:

(Credit to Reddington James for this!)
    eso.png

* Yes, this *is* accurate. Please read that over again and let it sink in how bad it is.
    * Major Berserk is NOT a buff Sorcs actually use or ever see, because it’s given to someone ELSE as a synergy. We counted it regardless because it makes our list look less pathetic compared to the others listed.
    * No, our damage dealing capability does *not* make up for this. We’re outpaced in that department by better designed damage dealing classes with rich sets of buffs and debuffs that work together.

Once you fix overload damage, and yes you HAVE to because it’s a mess right now. Our one instant cast damage ability “crystal fragments” needs to be addressed. Our lack of buffs and debuffs needs to be addressed.

I mean, I’m okay with slapping people with unavoidable 20K overload shots if that’s what you want. That almost makes up for that chart. But I’d rather have balanced, fun gameplay with real counters.

+1
    Options
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Didnt see much stamsorc love :(

Oh, stamsorcs profit from Silver Leash more than any other (except MagSorc Minestanders, that is xD).

It is glorious.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »

Oh, stamsorcs profit from Silver Leash more than any other (except MagSorc Minestanders, that is xD).

It is glorious.

Care to elaborate?
    Options
  • Andferne
    Andferne
    ✭✭✭
    Just a few things I would to see for Sorc.

Please revert the extensive nerf changes you did throughout the years to streak. The game as evolved a lot since those days. Pretty much every gap closer in the game has a longer range and can be spammed more than streak because of the ridiculous cost increase. Stamina players can even sprint faster (and longer) than Sorcs can streak.

I would love to see Sorcs get an actual class spammable for dps. But I am not holding my breath for that to ever happen. Along with some of the class passives to get a rework and not be so useless.

The two morphs of bound armor are hardly in the same league now. The stamina one gives a vastly better ability while the magical one is lack luster to say the least.

Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andferne wrote: »
    Just a few things I would to see for Sorc.

Please revert the extensive nerf changes you did throughout the years to streak. The game as evolved a lot since those days. Pretty much every gap closer in the game has a longer range and can be spammed more than streak because of the ridiculous cost increase. Stamina players can even sprint faster (and longer) than Sorcs can streak.

I would love to see Sorcs get an actual class spammable for dps. But I am not holding my breath for that to ever happen. Along with some of the class passives to get a rework and not be so useless.

The two morphs of bound armor are hardly in the same league now. The stamina one gives a vastly better ability while the magical one is lack luster to say the least.

What do you not like about the class passives?

What do mean about stamina morph being superior?
    Options
  • Andferne
    Andferne
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

The stamina one now increases the damage done with Light attacks instead of heavy attacks. This can be huge, especially with the changes made to light attacks.

The magic version gives you minor ward and minor resolve.. Does more need to be said about that?

To me the morphs should be made comparable. Let one increase you stamina and light attacks (basically as it is). Then let the other morph increase your magic and light attacks.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel the need to point out this fantastic chart again to the devs team, and make a few notes:

eso.png

* Yes, this *is* accurate. Please read that over again and let it sink in how bad it is.
    * Major Berserk is NOT a buff Sorcs actually use or ever see, because it’s given to someone ELSE as a synergy. We counted it regardless because it makes our list look less pathetic compared to the others listed.
    * No, our damage dealing capability does *not* make up for this. We’re outpaced in that department by better designed damage dealing classes with rich sets of buffs and debuffs that work together.

Once you fix overload damage, and yes you HAVE to because it’s a mess right now. Our one instant cast damage ability “crystal fragments” needs to be addressed. Our lack of buffs and debuffs needs to be addressed.

I mean, I’m okay with slapping people with unavoidable 20K overload shots if that’s what you want. That almost makes up for that chart. But I’d rather have balanced, fun gameplay with real counters.

+1

+10
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is glorious.

Care to elaborate?

MagSorcs: the old "I pull guys into my mines" tactic is back again.

StamSorcs (PvP): The arguably strongest PvP build for stamsorcs (based on Dots and shield) has neither a gap closer nor a ranged attack. By Putting Silver Leash on your Overload bar, and using either an improved overload light attack, or simply by using the StamSorc version of the "Minestander" tactic above, you can make up for this WITHOUT changing the build in any way.

StamSorcs (PvE): StamSorc tanks can now pull mobs. As we can already root, we now have good tanking tools, and - unlike the other classes - we have the free skill bars to actually use them.

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
    Options
  • Svidrir
    Svidrir
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]

MagSorcs: the old "I pull guys into my mines" tactic is back again.

StamSorcs (PvP): The arguably strongest PvP build for stamsorcs (based on Dots and shield) has neither a gap closer nor a ranged attack. By Putting Silver Leash on your Overload bar, and using either an improved overload light attack, or simply by using the StamSorc version of the "Minestander" tactic above, you can make up for this WITHOUT changing the build in any way.

StamSorcs (PvE): StamSorc tanks can now pull mobs. As we can already root, we now have good tanking tools, and - unlike the other classes - we have the free skill bars to actually use them.[/quote]

Reassured me when you talk about shield you speak well of "sword and shield" and you do not think about used daedric mines?

Figth in pvp with 3e bar is not realistic with the lag, on utilitary bar yes but combat bar ............
    Edited by Svidrir on April 17, 2018 8:41AM
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guess you mean SnB + DW or 2h for the bleed Dots and reverb.

Sure, bar space is tight but SnB and 2h both already have options for a gap closer. Also Streak is a thing, just like Hurricane + Major Expedition (Pots, Quick Cloak) with sprint. I can't say I feel bad for not having a gap closer slotted. But sure, a real GC makes things even easier.

But to say sorcs profit the most from it? Simply because of the third bar? It's clunky and you give up a second ult. OL might be worth it as a real used ult with the new changes to la scaling + empower, but I wouldn't bet that these changes go trough with OL. Guess Zeni finds a way to keep OL just as useless for real combat as it is on live.

Besides that, Fighter's Guild trap is a already commonly used skill, even by non-sorcs. You could simply switch to lightweight trap and put it under them as well, no real need for the pull.

I haven't tested the new pull yet. But does it grant CC immunity to the pulled? That means the imagined Pull > OL > Cage > OL combo some people came up with won't let you put the rune cage on the opponent.
    Options
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1) Reassured me when you talk about shield you speak well of "sword and shield" and you do not think about used daedric mines?

2) Figth in pvp with 3e bar is not realistic with the lag, on utilitary bar yes but combat bar ............

1) The standard Dot/sword´n shield build everyone is using.

2) Well, at least on my computer overload is MORE reliable than weapon switch. But if it won´t work for you it might be bad luck.

3) Even without overload, StamSorcs are now the number 1 class for a 1vs X fight against an enemy raid due to silver leash and their class inherent mobility, survivability (and our Negate). Here a StamDK example, though a StamSorc would be FAR more dangerous with a similar playstyle:

https://youtu.be/hSKjjpULHbo

4)
    Guess you mean SnB + DW or 2h for the bleed Dots and reverb.

Besides that, Fighter's Guild trap is a already commonly used skill, even by non-sorcs. You could simply switch to lightweight trap and put it under them as well, no real need for the pull.

I haven't tested the new pull yet. But does it grant CC immunity to the pulled? That means the imagined Pull > OL > Cage > OL combo some people came up with won't let you put the rune cage on the opponent.

Yes, it does give immunity. So only root mines (lightweight trap, daedric minefield, Eternal hunt) add CC here.
    Edited by Thraben on April 17, 2018 9:44AM

Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The stamina one now increases the damage done with Light attacks instead of heavy attacks. This can be huge, especially with the changes made to light attacks.

The magic version gives you minor ward and minor resolve.. Does more need to be said about that?

To me the morphs should be made comparable. Let one increase you stamina and light attacks (basically as it is). Then let the other morph increase your magic and light attacks.

Maybe it was balanced though? Weren't they nerfed in intial changes and staves buffed inintial changes with light attacks? If I am not mistaken mage guild change covers this. Just my thoughts.
    Options
  • Rastoric
    Rastoric
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Just by going through the patch notes I’m 1) grateful there are no further nerfs and 2) disappointed that the class still will be the same play style that it has been for the last few years.

I really had wished for an overhaul. It’s a missed opportunity.

i understand but don't agree. we need another skill line or new mage class.Oblivion based comes to mind, but that come from years of playing warlocks (eq2/rift) and void eldrich(daoc).
    Edited by Rastoric on April 17, 2018 11:09AM
    Just Say No! to changing Sorcerer Magicka skills to Stamina.
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you guys think about changes to dark magic?

Will mines be useful?

Is the heal enough say use twlight tormentor?

How is encase looking?
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you guys think about changes to dark magic?

Will mines be useful?

Is the heal enough say use twlight tormentor?

How is encase looking?

I always like the mine, but as I remember they were clunky as boss didnt trigger them all as intended or understood

Ill give it a try again.
    Options
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭

eso.png

I would prefer they remove buffs from other classes as opposed to giving sorcs more. Reason for that is to encourage dependency on group play which was a core value of the game design.
    Options
  • Svidrir
    Svidrir
    ✭✭✭

3) Even without overload, StamSorcs are now the number 1 class for a 1vs X fight against an enemy raid due to silver leash and their class inherent mobility, survivability (and our Negate). Here a StamDK example, though a StamSorc would be FAR more dangerous with a similar playstyle:

Seriously in the zerg you can do almost anything like on a video

Say that the wizard will become the best stam because of silver leash and in addition use a video of DK for the illustrated .....

If silver leash was so great it would already be used ...
    (which anyway is not a wizard skill, everyone has access to it)

In terms of group opti currently the sorc stam brings nothing special unlike a warden for example who even in stam to piles of buffs

I do not see anything in the patch that will make the wizard stam so great, no new morph, a place more in bar yes for some build it's good but not enough

More over again, with the modification on armor bound which is good but poses a problem I find >> lose 20% of regeneration stam and health on bars without armor bound ..

Need a spamable and group buffs
    Edited by Svidrir on April 17, 2018 12:05PM
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Did 8% increase magic or stamina go bye bye from bound armaments?

It's still there.

Do we need to have it on the 2 bars for it to be active, or one bar is enough ?

@Dracane

@Morgul667

Having it on 1 bar provides the stat buff and and also the minor ward and resolve if you are using Bound Aegis or the light attack bonus when you use Armaments. The 20% block mititgation is a baseline effect for both morphs.
    When you activate bound armor, you get that old purple mist animation for 3 seconds which gives you the block buff and it remains active for the duration when you swap bars.

Edited by Dracane on April 17, 2018 12:10PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Since bound armor isn´t a toogle anymore, does the increased magicka/stamina carry over to the overload bar?
    (Let say you´ve it slotted on your frontbar but not on your overload bar)

It does not carry over. Overload does not carry over anything from your normal bars, only weapon traits like nirnhoned will carry over.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's still there.

@Dracane

@Morgul667

Having it on 1 bar provides the stat buff and and also the minor ward and resolve if you are using Bound Aegis or the light attack bonus when you use Armaments. The 20% block mititgation is a baseline effect for both morphs.
    When you activate bound armor, you get that old purple mist animation for 3 seconds which gives you the block buff and it remains active for the duration when you swap bars.

Thanks @Dracane what about the 8% magicka or stamina bonus?
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's still there.

@Dracane

@Morgul667

Thanks @Dracane what about the 8% magicka or stamina bonus?

As I said, it provides the stat buff :) If you have bound armor on 1 bar, you will only have the magicka or stamina bonus on that very bar and it won't carry over to your other bar or Overload bar.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1) Seriously in the zerg you can do almost anything like on a video

2) Say that the wizard will become the best stam because of silver leash and in addition use a video of DK for the illustrated .....

If silver leash was so great it would already be used ...
    (which anyway is not a wizard skill, everyone has access to it)

3) In terms of group opti currently the sorc stam brings nothing special unlike a warden for example who even in stam to piles of buffs

4) More over again, with the modification on armor bound which is good but poses a problem I find >> lose 20% of regeneration stam and health on bars without armor bound ..

Need a spamable and group buffs

1) Well, the randoms weren´t more numerous than the group above, were they? I am not arguing here, I´m just pointing out that there are multiple ways to play a stamsorc. StamSorcs ought to be more than just rapid bots (no offence).

2) Silver Leash works like chains now, but smoother. It is not in the patch notes but already on the PTS. I fear you have missed the point. Yes, in the very old days hardly anyone remembers, Silver Leash already pulled Vamps. Given the StamSorc´s core strenghts (survivability, mobility, negate etc) it is quite safe to say that you will see things like this performed by stamsorcs more often. This also compensates another classical stamsorc weakness, the lack of a gap closer when using 2 weapons. So, yes, Silver Leash is indeed a blessing not only for PvE StamSorc tanks.

3) StamWardens shouldn't be a benchmark for anything. Everyone knows they are overperforming.

4) Agreed.

Edited by Thraben on April 17, 2018 1:19PM

Options