Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

PTS Update 18 - Feedback Thread for Sorcerer Balance

• Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    jeskah wrote: »
    Quick test: empower do not empower overload.
    The bound armaments 11% looks like does.

Goodbye Overload gankers :) A bit sad, that overload remains rather useless offensive wise, but also glad that no nerfs will be needed.

Not sure what's going on. so on PTS my overload light attack reads 17k when I mouse over it...then I cast mage light and it jumps to 22k. I would say its affected by empower....

As long as I can't access the pts, believing this person is all I can hope. Sad, that few here are trustworthy.

you follow me on youtube so you better believe me!
    Options
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Goodbye Overload gankers :) A bit sad, that overload remains rather useless offensive wise, but also glad that no nerfs will be needed.

Not sure what's going on. so on PTS my overload light attack reads 17k when I mouse over it...then I cast mage light and it jumps to 22k. I would say its affected by empower....

It buffs by 20%... not 40%. Not sure if bug that it doesn't do 40%, or a bug that it still does 20%... or if it was supposed to stay at the same level.

look at my math....17k approx. X .40 = 23k approx. my tooltip is displaying a 40% increase
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as I can't access the pts, believing this person is all I can hope. Sad, that few here are trustworthy.

I don't follow anyone on YouTube as far as I am aware :) I don't even know you, dear.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does twlight torrementer have a heal with it now?
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Makkir just threw on a build with 27K overload tooltip empowered. He just killed three people with just rune cage and overlol.

It works, and it has zero counterplay.

I won’t say I told you so, but....

ZOS approved gameplay?
    Edited by Minalan on April 16, 2018 11:50PM
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

This only applies to the umorphed pets. Twilight Tormentor is still trash.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't follow anyone on YouTube as far as I am aware :) I don't even know you, dear.

Dracane version 2.0 then I suppose....
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dracane version 2.0 then I suppose....

Could be for all we know. These are the ones I am following.
    30711006_1503875029734909_626841539024257024_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=eac9ebfdccc489d2f21eed10f235101b&oe=5B72C278

I just made a comparison between light attacks on live and pts and I am positively shocked. Yet can hardly believe, these numbers are correct.

Light attack on live: 58189 Magicka, 2120 spell damage: 2899 damage
    Light attack on pts : Exactly the same stats : 5929

This is on a skeleton, no penetration applied, no maelstrom weapon. Exact same CP layout with 720 CP.
    Holy Trinimac.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wrobbel can this skill be looked at? If it gave a self heal to user maybe it would be useful? I only see other morph 99.9 percent of the time.
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

can this skill be looked at? If it gave a self heal to user maybe it would be useful? I only see other morph 99.9 percent of the time.

@ZOS_Wrobel
    Edited by Tasear on April 17, 2018 1:23AM
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

can this skill be looked at? If it gave a self heal to user maybe it would be useful? I only see other morph 99.9 percent of the time.

@ZOS_Wrobel

And by the way, the twilight still does not scale with CP :) Just tested that, as with any update.
    It's tooltip takes all expected CP into account, but the actual damage it deals does not and is perhaps half as much as the tooltip indicates. Since years.
    Edited by Dracane on April 17, 2018 1:35AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_Wrobel

And by the way, the twilight still does not scale with CP :) Just tested that, as with any update.
    It's tooltip takes all expected CP into account, but the actual damage it deals does not and is perhaps half as much as the tooltip indicates. Since years.

That's odd? Are you sure because twlight was scaling with me on live with passive that increases light attacks or so I thought.
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

It buffs by 20%... not 40%. Not sure if bug that it doesn't do 40%, or a bug that it still does 20%... or if it was supposed to stay at the same level.

look at my math....17k approx. X .40 = 23k approx. my tooltip is displaying a 40% increase

I was testing actual damage on a test dummy. Unless my math is really off today... this is 20% yes?

St8Yb7g.png
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_Wrobel

That's odd? Are you sure because twlight was scaling with me on live with passive that increases light attacks or so I thought.

Then you are mistaking I'm afraid. It does not, despite what its tooltip tells you.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But would like bring up unbalanced issue with clanfear and twlight torrementer.

Clanfear I just don't understand how it fits in active gameplay. It takes two bars to slot. It will only attack the boss because that's what tanks will be heavy attacking. It's tail whip attack is weaker then tail whip attack in Pokemon. Maybe I wrong though, bit I just don't see it. It doesn't compare to new nb cloak or dragon blood heal.

Twlight torrementer ...was hoping dps would use dps one. Still waiting for download, but people are saying it doesn't inherit the base heal which is a pity. Maybe changes with dark magic heal will help it?

Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Clanfear I just don't understand how it fits in active gameplay. It takes two bars to slot. It will only attack the boss because that's what tanks will be heavy attacking. It's tail whip attack is weaker then tail whip attack in Pokemon. Maybe I wrong though, bit I just don't see it. It doesn't compare to new nb cloak or dragon blood heal.

Twlight torrementer ...was hoping dps would use dps one. Still waiting for download, but people are saying it doesn't inherit the base heal which is a pity. Maybe changes with dark magic heal will help it?

I can confirm, it does not inherit the heal. Basically, the unmorphed familiar and unmorphed twilight have the same effect as the morphed ones, just a bit weaker. But once morphed, they are as they are on live. No changes here sadly.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can confirm, it does not inherit the heal. Basically, the unmorphed familiar and unmorphed twilight have the same effect as the morphed ones, just a bit weaker. But once morphed, they are as they are on live. No changes here sadly.

Thanks that's a pity. Would like to see greater separatation of sorc healers and sorc dps.
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay...is charged storm antonach actually useful? What does increase health do for it?

I suppose thinking about probably a good uptime on concussion with the morph but heard damage doesn't compare to other morph?
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didnt see much stamsorc love :(
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay...is charged storm antonach actually useful? What does increase health do for it?

I suppose thinking about probably a good uptime on concussion with the morph but heard damage doesn't compare to other morph?

Not at all. Damage wise, it is still worse as far as single target is concerned. It's aoe is outdamaged by any other aoe in the game. The Atronach was immortal anyway if you took some care. No health buff needed.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not at all. Damage wise, it is still worse as far as single target is concerned. It's aoe is outdamaged by any other aoe in the game. The Atronach was immortal anyway if you took some care. No health buff needed.

I see greater storm antonach in gameplay but charged not much.

Maybe it's that synergy that is holding it back in game play? Seems like same issue emprowerd ward but in this case but morphs have the supportive effective. I am stil pushing charged atronach could belong to support ( tank and healer) if was tweaked. We need something to compare to war horn in offensive. Take note war horn is defensively morph too with extra health being enough of a buffered.
    Edited by Tasear on April 17, 2018 2:12AM
    Options
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone else mentioned it, but the invalid location bug is pretty gamebreaking for a sorc. Here's what I've tested:

-You can bolt on flat land with no objects in the way

-If you bolt off of a ledge, invalid location

-If you bolt to a wall, invalid location

-if you bolt from one ledge across a gap to another, as long as the landing space is big enough you will be allowed to bolt.

I'm not sure what could've possibly been touched with this skill, but whatever it was really broke it.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m very curious about the wording of bound armaments. It seems that LAs are only buffed while slotted. Does this mean that even though you may have activated the buff LAs will only be stronger on the bar the ability is slotted on? So in other words it’s no longer a toggle, but it will still function as a toggle for LA damage increase? Also zos, the the increased block for 3 seconds as part of the base morph means t extends to bound armaments as well which mean that we lose the extra resistances? Or is that still there? Cause this block thing is really bad. Not to mention stam sorcs are still missing out on at minimum 2 passives and there wasn’t even a single other change to make even one ability beneficial to stam sorcs.
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did 8% increase magic or stamina go bye bye from bound armaments?
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's still there.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the change to lightning flood. The values seem balanced well, it does slightly more DPS than liquid lightning, at the cost of more maintenance. The timing works well with unstable wall and haunting curse for a non-pet sorc, and the larger area helps to make up some of the AoE lost by not taking the Elemental Blockade morph of wall. This skill finally feels like it has 2 viable morphs, and which is best will depend on the build. Well done!
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel the need to point out this fantastic chart again to the devs team, and make a few notes:

(Credit to Reddington James for this!)
    eso.png

* Yes, this *is* accurate. Please read that over again and let it sink in how bad it is.
    * Major Berserk is NOT a buff Sorcs actually use or ever see, because it’s given to someone ELSE as a synergy. We counted it regardless because it makes our list look less pathetic compared to the others listed.
    * No, our damage dealing capability does *not* make up for this. We’re outpaced in that department by better designed damage dealing classes with rich sets of buffs and debuffs that work together.

Once you fix overload damage, and yes you HAVE to because it’s a mess right now. Our one instant cast damage ability “crystal fragments” needs to be addressed. Our lack of buffs and debuffs needs to be addressed.

I mean, I’m okay with slapping people with unavoidable 20K overload shots if that’s what you want. That almost makes up for that chart. But I’d rather have balanced, fun gameplay with real counters.
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think removing the stun and the damage from Crystal Frags tore the soul out of this class......

This right here. There are so many individual nerfs I could touch on, but this legitimately made me no longer care as much for my main. At least in PvE I can do stuff in peace. Whenever I enter PvP I realize just how unbelievably bland the class (and meta) has become.

I’m supposed to run a Master Destro now to replace my class-defining skill?? NO.

And now Magicka Warden is being forced to also run a Master Destro since Deep Fissure no longer stuns. Plus that staff will either need to be Fire or Lightning.... the message is clear - everyone should be running Destructive Touch. If you wanted to play an Ice Mage then gtfo or deal with having no way to CC your opponents.

Thats what happens when numerous class-defining skills get slammed with nerfs.
    Options
  • Svidrir
    Svidrir
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    I feel the need to point out this fantastic chart again to the devs team, and make a few notes:

(Credit to Reddington James for this!)
    eso.png

* Yes, this *is* accurate. Please read that over again and let it sink in how bad it is.
    * Major Berserk is NOT a buff Sorcs actually use or ever see, because it’s given to someone ELSE as a synergy. We counted it regardless because it makes our list look less pathetic compared to the others listed.
    * No, our damage dealing capability does *not* make up for this. We’re outpaced in that department by better designed damage dealing classes with rich sets of buffs and debuffs that work together.

Once you fix overload damage, and yes you HAVE to because it’s a mess right now. Our one instant cast damage ability “crystal fragments” needs to be addressed. Our lack of buffs and debuffs needs to be addressed.

I mean, I’m okay with slapping people with unavoidable 20K overload shots if that’s what you want. That almost makes up for that chart. But I’d rather have balanced, fun gameplay with real counters.

+1

It is possible to make the same sad observations if one compares for example the wizard and the guardian in term of moph stamina or, magic spell useful in stamina but also with the other classes.
    Ulaan Baator sorcier bdsm
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's still there.

Do we need to have it on the 2 bars for it to be active, or one bar is enough ?

@Dracane
    Edited by Morgul667 on April 17, 2018 5:36AM
    Options