The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 18 - Feedback Thread for Item Sets & General Itemization

• Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an issue with the psijic motif.
    We get a different version of the heavy armor chest than is worn by Ritemaster Iachesis and also worn by other psijic npcs including a random non-interactable woman named Tarwannewen on the east side of Artaeum on the cliff edge.
    It looks like the psijic heavy armor we get only with less cloth covering the armor. It actually loosk more heavy than the heavy armor we get.

Can we please, PLEASE, get this changed to be that version of the heavy armor or an alternate version kind of like older motifs that had different tier looks???
    I NEED that heavy psijic armor! It looks amazing.

Edit:
    I found out we actually do get this outfit style, just not as obvious and easy as I expected. I was pleasantly surprised by it.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on May 1, 2018 11:12AM
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really had no idea where this should be put as there was no Feedback thread for Outfits, only sets and general itemization.

Long story short, the Light variant is exponentially more tanky styled compared to the heavier version.

Scalecaller motif Gloves:
    Light: Heavy bone plate with scale mail wrist guard.
    Screenshot_20180429_143222.png?width=1214&height=683

Medium: Heavy bone plate covering hands and wrists.
    Screenshot_20180429_143228.png?width=1214&height=683

Heavy: Heavy bone plate only covering hand, cloth wrist guard.
    Screenshot_20180429_143245.png?width=1214&height=683

Horned Dragon Gloves: - Ignoring the elbow guard difference between HD and SC.
    Light: Heavy bone plate covering hands, cloth wrist guard.. looks the same as Scalecaller Heavy bar the elbow guard.
    Screenshot_20180429_144053.png?width=1214&height=683

Medium: Heavy bone plate covering wrists and hands.
    Screenshot_20180429_143859.png?width=1214&height=683

Heavy: Heavy bone plate covering wrists and hands. Only difference to Medium is dye zones.
    Screenshot_20180429_143909.png?width=1214&height=683

I am wondering if Heavy and Light Scalecaller are swapped around in the Outfit station.

I am also wondering if Horned Dragon Heavy is suppose to have the Scale wrist guard like Scalecaller Light has.

Noticed that too, my guess is they swapped it around by accident.

Also mousing over the scalecaller sash, so it previews it at the outfit station, will make divine prosecution heavy boots lose their top armor/kneepad. This may happen to other armors.
    Options
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aegis of Galenwe

2: Max Health
    3: Minor Aegis
    4: Healing Taken
    5: After successfully blocking, you have a 50% chance to grant Empower to 3 allies within 15 meters, increasing the damage of their next Light Attack by 40%. 1 second cooldown.

This set would be so much better if it was the old empower like woah I'd actually would wanna wear it but the current change to empower makes it less likely I'll even try it on.

Sloads semblance could use max recovery stats instead of max resourc.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arm of Relequen,

This set 5 piece bonus is still very weaker and have no place comparing VO or WM.

As Proc sets can not crit, ZOS should get rid of them. We already have have enough monster sets for proc damage.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on April 30, 2018 7:38PM
    Options
  • Gallagher563
    Gallagher563
    ✭✭✭
    Aegis of Galenwe with Alkosh or Torags is going to be nice. In four man's this might be the best setup with three dps should be tons of burn while almost constantly granting empower. On a nightblade tank Aegis of Galenwe with Master Architect will add tons of group buffs.
    Options
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HakaiDo wrote: »
    Is this the thread for feedback for changed, old itemsets as well? If not I can post it in another thread, too.

I personally think the visual indicator of Acuity is way over the top. Before, your character hat this "lightning form" for the duration of the proc; now, your whole screen turns purple and the vision is distorted.

I get how Stam Sorcerer could not see the proc while Hurricane was active, but this is way to much. Please at least consider tuning the purple colour down a bit and get rid of the blurred border.

I agree. I really do not care for the new visual effect and would like to see it removed. It's just too much.
    Edited by ecru on May 2, 2018 1:22AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
    Options
  • HakaiDo
    HakaiDo
    ✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    HakaiDo wrote: »
    Is this the thread for feedback for changed, old itemsets as well? If not I can post it in another thread, too.

I personally think the visual indicator of Acuity is way over the top. Before, your character hat this "lightning form" for the duration of the proc; now, your whole screen turns purple and the vision is distorted.

I get how Stam Sorcerer could not see the proc while Hurricane was active, but this is way to much. Please at least consider tuning the purple colour down a bit and get rid of the blurred border.

I agree. I really do not care for the new visual effect and would like to see it removed. It's just too much.

Thanks for bringing that up again.
    I have seen videos of people where the effect doesn't show up, at all. There might be an option to turn that whole blurry screen + purple frame off, I have not found it myself, thought.

On another note: Visually, the reworked Vestment of Olorime Set does not work. Last raid one healer wore the set and on screen, I had no indication of where the circle was. I was getting the buff after asking where the thing is supposed to be but I couldn't see anything on my screen. First, I had additional allied abilities turned (the relativ new setting under Video) turned off, but I should see it regardless. Later, I turned it on thinking that might be the issue but to no avail. I still couldn't see any circles placed by the set. Might be an issue with how the PTS performed yesterday in general, I was pretty wonky for me to say the least. I hop on later today and see if anything changed regarding this issue and will update again.
    PC EU - @HakaiDo

Elenwen Stormwatch - Magicka Sorcerer
    Lilith Varen - Magicka Nightblade
    Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aegis of Galenwe

I dont understand why ZOS encourages permablocking with this set, when permblock is what they wanted to move away from to more tactical blocking.

Change the 5 pieces to "when u take dmg" instead.
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Generally, I really like the new patch and the combat changes that came with it. However, I wanted to adress two points regarding itemization:

The changes to sunderflame and night mother's gaze were not needed in my opinion. Group coordination should be rewarded, and removing support sets is exactly what the endgame community does not want. The reworked new item sets go in the same direction, but the DD sets are selfish again. Stamina builds would be better off if they retained the coordination, because they lack the penetration built into their kit.
    Removing these two sets leads to one simple thing: everyone will use twice-fanged serpent because it offers the highest penetration value for a 5-piece set, basically just doing what the light armor passive does. I suggest reverting these changes, becaus PTS-testing revealed that stamina builds will fall behind magicka builds in melee without the coordination provided by these sets. Stamina DDs do not have the advantage of a shield, so their damage should be slightly ahead of magicka builds in melee range, because if we follow history, stamina builds do not have any place in a trial.

Secondly, ability-altering weapons have received an indirect nerf through the possibility of having two five-piece set bonuses with 2 handed weapons. Especially the front bar weapons will not survive this change, because they were often only ever used in niche builds on live, and underperform on th PTS. I tested multiple 2h weapones and they simply do not compete with five-piece bonuses AND another regular set bonus. Doing arena trials and asylum sanctorium on hardmode should reward you with gear that is usable without an exception, because otherwise, players will stop doing them.

I really hope you consider these changes, because these points may hurt the game in the future.
    Edited by Masel on May 6, 2018 5:48PM
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of Sload's or at least change the bonuses.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • HakaiDo
    HakaiDo
    ✭✭
    Wrong forum...
    Edited by HakaiDo on May 2, 2018 4:49PM
    PC EU - @HakaiDo

Elenwen Stormwatch - Magicka Sorcerer
    Lilith Varen - Magicka Nightblade
    Options
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sloads. Nerf it.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
    Options
  • Jeremiah87
    Jeremiah87
    ✭✭✭
    I also want to voice my concerns due to the Night Mothers Gaze and Sunderflame changes/nerfs. As many people before me have suggested, these sets will become next to useless with the planned changes and will simply be replaced by other sets. In addition it will make stamina DDs less attractive for trial groups, since they will not be able to bring the valuable group supporting effects these sets have currently have into the trials anymore.
    With the NMG nerf specifically we will also be loosing a decent crafted set which will hurt new and veteran players alike.

Making sets "selfish" and removing it's group support is not something that nurtures cooperative thinking and play styles.
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/VAlBG2vT76M

Someone testing new item set. Has quite a few issues.
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Tasear wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/VAlBG2vT76M

Someone testing new item set. Has quite a few issues.

Outdated video, it does not work with orbs anymore.and requires you to be in combat to work.
    Edited by Masel on May 3, 2018 6:21AM
    PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zaan is still over performing. Reduce the range or make the proc location static rather than attached to the user.
    Options
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Minor Breach and Minor Fracture should be moved to the NMG 5 piece bonus.

Leave Sunderflame with the current 5 piece it has on live servers.

No change needed.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Options
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    2: Max Health
    3: Minor Aegis
    4: Healing Taken
    5: After successfully blocking, you have a 50% chance to grant Empower to 3 allies within 15 meters, increasing the damage of their next Light Attack by 40%. 1 second cooldown.

I kind of was trying to make a Magicka Templar Build using Solar Barrage. Giving away Empower Buffs like for everyone like that kind of disrupts that and therefore is another indirect nerf to Magplars. I'd like you to consider something else.
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    The Minor Breach and Minor Fracture should be moved to the NMG 5 piece bonus.

Leave Sunderflame with the current 5 piece it has on live servers.

No change needed.

I hope ZOS will do something for NMG and Sunderflame.

Nerf will simply kill these sets value.

Summer trial sets still need some buff, currently they are not better than existing!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on May 6, 2018 4:05PM
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New trial healer seems to not be refreshing with blood altar.

Elemental wall procs it at end or beginning or end of the wall. It's quite mysterious.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Sloads.

I want to use it
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tasear

I don’t think it’s supposed to work on Blood Altar. That’s an AoE debuff + Synergy.
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like Sloads.

I want to use it

Because it's completely unbalanced and you want to get carried by it?
    This set should never hit live server
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @Tasear

I don’t think it’s supposed to work on Blood Altar. That’s an AoE debuff + Synergy.

Tooltip says all area of effect abilities, so it does not exclude abilities like blood altar. Rune focus also procs it for example. Even steel tornado does...
    PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92

Oh, odd. Thought they’d of just made it only work on Ground based AoE HoT abilities. If it’s just all AoE abilities then yeah, it should work on Blood Altar.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on May 6, 2018 7:39PM
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @Masel92

Oh, odd. Thought they’d of just made it only work on Ground based AoE HoT abilities. If it’s just all AoE abilities then yeah, it should work on Blood Altar.

It works just doesn't refresh duration like it should.
    Options
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay without any more class updates we can now focus on item set changes. Apparently it is much easier to make set changes than class changes.

Sunderflame and Nightmothers Gaze changes. A lot of people have expressed their opinion. My opinion was that I feel like everything should be sloted into the minor and major system because it is elegant. But..... I feel like that kind of has to be all done at once. I am assuming you made this change because stamina dps was getting too much group penetration by stacking these sets. But I think you went a little too far.

I think we should go ahead with the sunderflame changes but not the nightmothers gaze changes. Since any good tank will always have major fracture up giving NMG major fracture makes it useless outside of PVP and weakens Stam group DPS too much to lose both sets.

There are a lot of sets that need reworks too many to name.
    I think the new cloudrest trial sets are all really good and finally seem to understand the roles of healer and tank.
    I think perhaps a lot of older tank and healer sets need to be looked at for how they can help group dps rather than healing power and tanking effectiveness.
    PVE DPS is diluted a lot by all the trails sets but right now Mechanical acuity is everywhere. Personally I'd prefer more sets like it rather than nerfing it. I think a lot of sets need more "windows of power" style game play it provides. the new cloudrest sets are examples of power if standing still. We also have the popular burning spellweave, that procs and gives a window of power for its effect. I feel like this is something you should be exploring for proc sets, rather than just extra damage randomly on some skills. A proc that gives you a window of power to exploit.
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like Sloads.

I want to use it

Me too.

I saw the purple glow.

It was pretty.
    Options
  • Ritter
    Ritter
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Not sure where best to put this, but Might of the Guild is incredibly lackluster in light of the changes to empower.

Getting that rank 10 Mages Guild passive used to feel really special and now it's really insignificant.

I enjoyed using that skill on niche builds, too, when you could do something cheeky like empower a Snipe with it.
    Options