The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 18 - Feedback Thread for Item Sets & General Itemization

• Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Jaxaxo wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    The oblivion dmg set is way broken(Sload’s Semblance), dmg that cant be mitigated or warded is a bad idea and should not exist in the game period.

300-400 dmg per sec in pvp is broken? And can not crit.

In fact this set need buff!

Oblivion dmg is not affected by Battle spirit. It's 853 unavoidable, unblockable dmg that ignores shields and resistancec. Seems pretty strong

Idk, it purgable at least and single target. While with Torug you can apply 2x more oblivion pressure and now can craft jewelry for torug combining it in new combinations.

Ye, that's true. But most of ppl when see "oblivion" somewhere they panic. To be honest im ok with this set and i hope it will stay as it is, dont feel it too strong comparing to other.
    The oblivion dmg set is way broken(Sload’s Semblance), dmg that cant be mitigated or warded is a bad idea and should not exist in the game period.

Oblivion dmg is not affected by Battle spirit. It's 853 unavoidable, unblockable dmg every second that ignores shields and resistances. Seems pretty strong

Battle Spirit Effect:
    Increase Health by 5000
    Reduce damage taken by 50%
    Reduce healing received and damage shield strength by 50%
    Increase range of abilities with greater than 28m range by 8m in Cyrodiil

I am aware that Oblivion Damage is not mitigated against any resistance but may be its bug that Oblivion Damage is not reduced by Battle Spirit as its very clearly mention "Reduce damage taken by 50%"

At least It can be purge, I do not care whether ZOS nerf or replace 5th piece bonus as most of Summerset sets seems not interesting comparing existing sets.

And Oblivion dmg is "true dmg" which cant be reduced or increased (except the enchant on weapons wih infused, but it's rather increasing enchant value than dmg value) by anything. On live it's a bit weird, cuz cp and, berserk increase its tooltip, but not the dmg. Go check oblivion enchant on live if u doubt.
    Edited by Jaxaxo on April 17, 2018 8:12PM
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oblivion dmg is not affected by Battle spirit. It's 853 unavoidable, unblockable dmg every second that ignores shields and resistances. Seems pretty strong

Battle Spirit Effect:
    Increase Health by 5000
    Reduce damage taken by 50%
    Reduce healing received and damage shield strength by 50%
    Increase range of abilities with greater than 28m range by 8m in Cyrodiil

I am aware that Oblivion Damage is not mitigated against any resistance but may be its bug that Oblivion Damage is not reduced by Battle Spirit as its very clearly mention "Reduce damage taken by 50%"

At least It can be purge, I do not care whether ZOS nerf or replace 5th piece bonus as most of Summerset sets seems not interesting comparing existing sets.

Not a bug. Oblivion damage is unaffected by everything in the game. Intentionally.
    Edited by SodanTok on April 17, 2018 8:09PM
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harmony: Increases the potency of Damage, Healing, Recovery & Damage Shields granted by Synergies by 35%

Why not have this also reduce cooldown on synergies, it seems kind of underwhelming for what it currently does. Also have it reduce cooldown on synergies by its own % and not 35%
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This idea that pvp players don't like proc sets is false. I'm a pvp player and I enjoy proc sets. Why? Because they are fun. Not everyone is some type of elitist with an ego trying to prove they have superior skill in some vanilla version of the game with restricted sets, potions, poisons, and abilities. This game is for fun, and procs are fun, period. Its especially fun how angry people get when you break their falsified viewpoint of what constitutes fairness in a game. That's why combining shield breaker, sload, and using zaan with an oblivion weapon enchants is something I'm looking forward to trying in battlegrounds. Cry all you want, that's not gonna stop me, because I play for fun and that sounds very fun to me.
    Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
    Options
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sload's Semblance+Shield Breaker+Infused Bow with obv.dmg. enchant= Sorcerer's Bane. :o
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know there's a selfish part of me that wants Sload's to go live as is because I will use and abuse it. I do however know how bad this item set is for the health of the game.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

its 844/s in pvp.
    Cinbri wrote: »

Oblivion dmg is not affected by Battle spirit. It's 853 unavoidable, unblockable dmg that ignores shields and resistancec. Seems pretty strong

Idk, it purgable at least and single target. While with Torug you can apply 2x more oblivion pressure and now can craft jewelry for torug combining it in new combinations.

you can also combine it with infused torugs/ knightslayer / shieldbreaker.

The issue isn´t 1 source of oblivion dmg the issue is the game drifting towards allowing players to combine multiple sources of said dmg that can not be defended against.

If combined with shieldbreaker for example it can deal 4700 oblvion dmg dps.
    With torugs it/s about 2500 oblivion dmg dps.
    With knight slayer its roughly 3000 oblivion dps (on 24k hp).
    With only light/heavyattacking - the dmg of these attacks/dots gets added on top.

It can be purged is a pretty cynical statement from the only class with access to purge with a good ability.
    Edited by Derra on April 18, 2018 8:37AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oblivion damage should have stayed a PvE mechanic and not opened to be useable by players. Shieldbreaker really opened the Pandora’s Box in that regard. :/
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shieldbreaker, infused oblivion damage torugs and sload need to go.

Shieldbreaker should be changed to deal 20% more damage against shields (still very strong against shields but it's not an I Win Button)

Make oblivion damage enchant not be affected by infused and torugs

Sload: give us another set like shackle. Shackle is used on so many builds unlike all those crappy procs that keep getting implemented with every new update.
    Options
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All new trial sets are useless , thanks for the afford btw .

Won't use it even free .
    Options
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my current Stam NB build (no cp) viper dot accounts for about 17% of my total damage. If this set goes live as it is, I estimate it will account for 30% of my total damage.
    Options
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Healers...I won't agree we need to provide more damage but buff it. Worm isn't as good as guidance set that is offensive and defensive.

The problem with Gaudiance isn't that 5 pc bonus its the rest of the set.

Gaudiance
    (2 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (3 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 2% Healing Done

Worm
    (2 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
    (4 items) Adds 129 Magica Recovery

2% of not a lot, is still not a lot.

Without spell damage its pretty weak as a set..... except the 5 pc bonus which is very strong.
    Worm is also offensive and defensive... for mag characters..... its just not good for stam characters.

Options
  • RGRadik
    RGRadik
    Soul Shriven
    This set is so unbelievably strange:
    "Adept Rider
    2 – 2975 Spell Resist
    3 – 2975 Physical Resist
    4 – 1206 Max Health
    5 – While mounted, you gain Major Evasion, increasing your dodge chance by 15%. Dismounting spawns a dust cloud at your position for 12 seconds that deals 1436 Physical Damage every 1 second to enemies who stand inside it. You and group members inside the dust cloud gain Major Evasion. The dust cloud can be created once every 12 seconds."

What is it's purpose? That 5 piece desperately needs a complete rework, nobody is riding horses into zerg's :lol: . If the idea is for protection when you get knocked off of your horse, it's not gonna save your life anyway and becomes a total waste of a set. Who's going to sacrifice a full set just to try and protect themselves from ganks while they are on their horse? You could wear Fortified Brass and be better protected from ganks and still be competitive in actual combat...

I can see Vanus being useful for non-Templar healers outside of trials and in PvP so no complaints with that one.
    Siroria looks nice for MagDK's, when the PTS finally stops failing to download and actually downloads I'll give it a go.
    "Medium - Arms of Relequen
    2 – 833 Weapon Critical
    3 – 129 Stamina Recovery
    4 – 833 Weapon Critical
    5 – After landing a Critical Light or Heavy Attack on an Enemy, you have a 15% chance to curse them with harmful winds, dealing 1358 Physical Damage to them and nearby enemies every 1 second for 5 seconds."

I actually really like the look of this one on paper but would propose to change it from proccing on critical light and heavy attacks (as the actual diminishing chance of ever proccing this reliably falls massively) to just damage with a lower percentage. Then I would swap the 2 weapon crit bonuses for Max Stamina and Weapon Damage.
    It could be really nice on a Stamsorc with just a couple of changes.
    But, with all that said, I don't think it should be a trial drop set as it's never going to be used in trial groups. It would make more sense as an overland set.

As many others have said the trial sets are really lacklustre; no minor slayer on them, no real group buff utility and some all round useless 5 piece bonuses. The only one I'm intrigued by is Siroria and that's just to see what it's like on a MagDK fire mage not for any actual belief it will give great DPS.

Gryphon's Ferocity 5 piece is weird and won't get used. It's easier to run trap beast and get the passive weapon damage from fighters guild. The movement speed buff is pants as well.
    Also, I'm not really understanding the lean towards crit bonuses here, has it something to do with elves being more finessed in their swordplay or something?
    I feel like a bleed would make more sense here but with the current bleed meta shift in PvP that's probably a bad idea.
    Maybe even a % based chance to make your next critical strike proc a Gryphon claw strike or something that then does x amount of physical damage. Again though with the hatred towards proc sets (which are nowhere near as bad as they used to be since the balance pass) that would probably get shouted down too.
    Again though I'm not fond of the crit bonuses, crit isn't exactly hard to get and just because a set works on critical doesn't mean it needs 2 critical bonuses, just seems overkill and makes the set less appealing.
    If your aim is to make the set a passive buff set then I would personally prefer to see Max Stamina, Weapon Damage or Stamina Recovery as all 3 are more useful than Weapon Critical bonuses.

I almost feel like as a company ZOS are trying to avoid making the sets too good in case "P2W" gets screamed out but I don't see why this should be an issue. The sets don't need to be crap and nor should they be too good. They should fit in with other sets that are already in a good place to increase build viability without forcing a new meta. That way no one can claim P2W, it's just Pay to Play Differently.
    At the end of the day if someone is willing to put their hand in their pockets and buy an expansion to promote the lifespan of the game they enjoy, why shouldn't there be good rewards for it?

I can find an issue with just about every single new set on the list, I honestly think all of them need a rework but please start with adept rider...
    Options
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the Sload set needs to be toned down a little, but I am fine with it staying.
    Options
  • Wabu
    Wabu
    ✭✭✭
    • I do not like the overall itemization and loot from Summerset.
    • Picking up new sets felt like it was flooding my inventory with Foul Hide which did not stack.
    • Did not have time to search for a clam, will find one later.
    • It is not worth the trouble to equip the new item sets, I think it is unimpressive enough to not test.
    • I might try [Gryphon's Ferocity] or [Grace of Gloom] after release.
    • Imho this should be happening:
      1. Thematically the trial should drop 3 piece set jewellery with a 2 bonus imperfect and 3 bonus perfected with any possible trait (to encourage new and vet players to group).
      2. This should be applied to the crafted sets: 3 piece sets but with 2 bonuses or like in the early days where wearing 3 items grants a bonus and wearing 5 grants another bonus.
      3. For zone sets I suggest replacing all bonuses from [Wisdom of Vanus] with [Sload's Semblance], [Gryphon's Ferocity] & [Grace of Gloom] are ok.
    • My final point is a request: I would like to see popular 5 piece sets get truncated. i.e. the 5th bonus from [Spell Power Cure] truncated to a 1 piece bonus weapon or 3 piece bonus jewellery set.
    Edited by Wabu on April 18, 2018 3:42PM
    EU PC | CP 1,000+
    NA PC | Level 10
    Options
  • Matrix117
    Matrix117
    ✭✭
    Revert the changes of NMG and sunder flame, there is too many forms of Major frac in the game not even solo players are going to run it, and Sunderflame is taking away the only reason why a lot of trials groups run stamplars (a class that needs a lot of love (fix jabs) ).

The new trials sets are underwhelming and useless, healers do not need more heals, they can do that just fine, rather add sets that give group utility.
    Options
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    BUG, or rather, unintended feature: Sload seems to be taking nightblades out of cloak. I suppose this is not how it should work.
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You know what every healer says when new trial sets are announced?
    "Gimme a set with utility for my group and don't waste my time with another useless set which does 1k mkre healing"
    Options
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    Instead of giving Sunderflame the debuffs that puts Stamplars out of any trials team, just make it work like a fire version of Storm Master (without requiring a critical).

Storm Master set:

2 items: Adds 9-833 Weapon Critical
    3 items: Adds 9-833 Weapon Critical
    4 items: Adds 1-129 Weapon Damage
    5 items: When you deal Critical Damage with a fully-charged Heavy Attack, your Light Attacks deal an additional 15-1333 Shock Damage for 20 seconds.

Please think of some way to give a bit of penetration to Stamina (maybe just reverting NMG), not enough to equals Magicka since they have higher weapon damage, but enough to not force every single stam DPS into TFS.
    Edited by DoonerSeraph on April 18, 2018 4:20PM
    Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    "Gimme a set with utility for my group and don't waste my time with another useless set which does 1k mkre healing"

The set is only up half the time, so only around ~600 extra healing on average.
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

The set is only up half the time, so only around ~600 extra healing on average.

I mean i didn't even expect anything, i didn't even bother reading after i saw it doesn't grant any buff but 600 hps that's just pathetic
    Options
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sload set was already tuned down from the pre-PTS. Testers like Gilliam confirmed that it was something like 2k oblivion damage ticks over 3 seconds for a total of 6k. Now it is ticks of 844 over 6 seconds for a total of ~5k damage. I don't understand what everyone is complaining about, overwhelming surge in CP is hitting for about 800 shock damage and 1.2k shock damage in no CP.
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cries wrote: »
    The sload set was already tuned down from the pre-PTS. Testers like Gilliam confirmed that it was something like 2k oblivion damage ticks over 3 seconds for a total of 6k. Now it is ticks of 844 over 6 seconds for a total of ~5k damage. I don't understand what everyone is complaining about, overwhelming surge in CP is hitting for about 800 shock damage and 1.2k shock damage in no CP.

It’s damage you can’t mitigate other than healing through. That’s a big difference.

@BohnT

The healer’s dilemma is that healing is actually so easy. So of course all the healing sets bar SPC and Sanctuary/Worm are lackluster because you don’t need all healing power the other sets give. If healing was brought down and healers had to actually heal there would be more set diversity. Right now it’s just “give me moaaaaar group buffs for even more Deeeeeps”.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had to comment on Sunderflame, I'd suggest adding a DoT to the 8s duration as well. Make the flame weapon anim feel more impactful than just the dark aura.

Using the 4000 as the building point, I'd suggest adding a 3500 DoT over the 8 seconds.

"Your Fully Charged Heavy Attacks deal an additional 4000 Flame Damage, and apply Minor Breach and Minor Fracture as well as an additional 3500 Flame Damage over 8 seconds to the enemy.
    Options
  • mobe94
    mobe94
    Soul Shriven
    Concentrated barrier passive can proc now infernal guardien in BG :D
    Options
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kudos for the new house materials, especially the stair sections and large tile floor section.

I do find the large tile to thick. Maybe about half the thickness would be preferred. [ Edit: add in one that is half as thick, the thick one s are good for leveling ground but not so good to act as a second floor. ]

Also would like to a see a stair section that would be more floating style. Without the wedge stone support underneath. A curved section as well, floating style or even a spiral staircase.
    Edited by Grimm13 on April 19, 2018 2:41AM
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
    Options
  • Aricj
    Aricj
    Soul Shriven
    Boring... new sets are just boring. Enough with proc sets, and useless sets. Stop adding sets just revamp the already 30+ near useless sets already out there.
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aricj wrote: »
    Boring... new sets are just boring. Enough with proc sets, and useless sets. Stop adding sets just revamp the already 30+ near useless sets already out there.

30? I'm pretty sure there are more than 100 useless sets atm :lol:
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right, so I tried out some of the new gear on PTS and there was one set in particular that really stuck out: Mantle or Siroria.

lxwk1qoew6gp.png

I tried this out in duels on magicka DK and it felt simply amazing.

The proc is guaranteed from direct damage, hard (not impossible, unless procced with something like Chains->Fossilize) to get out of since it's an AoE circle and might be the first DoT proc set that is truly impactful and not niche like Overwhelming, Viper, Sheer Venom etc.

Being fire damage, it also procs Burning Spellweave (which puts a DoT that can proc Skoria) & being a DoT itself it also procs Skoria, so there's perfect synergy there.

Really looking forward to getting this from the new trial & trying it out in open world, so please don't nerf.

On the other hand... why is the stamina set so sad in comparison?
    dpuv2hesmgwe.png

Half the damage of the magicka set (screenshot taken on my stamina character) and much, much harder to proc.

ZOS...
    Edited by DDuke on April 18, 2018 10:15PM
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Right, so I tried out some of the new gear on PTS and there was one set in particular that really stuck out: Mantle or Siroria.

lxwk1qoew6gp.png

I tried this out in duels on magicka DK and it felt simply amazing.

The proc is guaranteed from direct damage, hard (not impossible, unless procced with something like Chains->Fossilize) to get out of since it's an AoE circle and might be the first DoT proc set that is truly impactful and not niche like Overwhelming, Viper, Sheer Venom etc.

Being fire damage, it also procs Burning Spellweave (which puts a DoT that can proc Skoria) & being a DoT itself it also procs Skoria, so there's perfect synergy there.

Really looking forward to getting this from the new trial & trying it out in open world, so please don't nerf.

On the other hand... why is the stamina set so sad in comparison?
    dpuv2hesmgwe.png

Half the damage of the magicka set (screenshot taken on my stamina character) and much, much harder to proc.

ZOS...

#Balance lol
    Options