The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Update 18 - Feedback Thread for Item Sets & General Itemization

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the new item sets and general itemization improvements. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you like the overall itemization and loot from Summerset?
  • Did anything you received feel under or over-rewarding?
  • What did you think of the items from the clams, if you found them?
  • Which of the new item sets did you try out, and what did you think of them?
  • Would you include any of the new item sets in any of your current builds?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Delete Sload's Semblance. Dont even bother to adjust the numbers or something. Just delete it and create something new.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adept rider is a very niche set. You cannot use mounts in battlegrounds and no one is going to run a horse into a zerg and get instantly knocked off, ccd knockdown, and instantly get nuked. Change to it applying to rapid maneuver and have the cloud apply on you when you cancel or end maneuver, or have the cloud follow you around when you cast rapids
    Edited by Aliyavana on April 16, 2018 9:11PM
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad the trial sets are already eyed for a makeover because on paper they seem really uninspired..the healing one in particular is just so boring. "When you healing springs, you also do a healing springs!"
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    those were my thoughts too when i read the healer one actually :p
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They seem boring on paper. At least the healing ones. I just don't see where they could be useful. At this current time, I do not see myself collecting and I collected them all to this point.

This change though.

Jorvuld’s Guidance: Fixed an issue where this item set’s bonus was not increasing the duration of Major Slayer or Major Aegis.

Master architect + guidance + harmony + war horn or light's champion = equals first class healer

:lol: or just imagine storm antonach 25% damage in play with other dps or healer.

XD this finally a boon.
    Edited by Tasear on April 16, 2018 10:10PM
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure if it's a bug, joke or test to make sure people are paying attention, but...ummm
    EH2exUl.png
    do i need to say more?
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    I'd like to address the issue of ability-altering weapons. The back bar weapons will most likely remain there because their main advantage was that you could use them and swap to the front bar, which you can still do. This is more about the rest (master dual Wield, destro+resto and 1h+s, vMA 2h and Dual Wield, Asylum Dual Wield, Destro, 2h and Resto, and 1h+s) so basically all that you use on your front bar. These are competing with a 5 piece bonus and another normal bonus (E.g. BSW with 257 spell damage at 50% uptime and Burning every 12-16 seconds and a spell critical bonus, spell power cure on front bar only on a healer).

Undoubtedly most of the arena weapons need a rework of some kind. Getting through the hardest content should reward you with something that is at least as good as other gear. Many of these weren't even used in the first place. Asylum Bow/1h+s and especially dual wield were never used because they were underperforming in every regard. Master dual wield has the same issue.

Either amplify the numbers or add in the original 1.5x stat bonus as a "1-piece".
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Raz415
    Raz415
    ✭✭✭
    I'd just like to say that I was hoping for more interesting (gameplay wise) healer sets. I do not personally have any interest in any sets that boost healing numbers (and to be honest I don't find pure "passive" stat improvement sets like SPC fun either).

I wish there would be more sets that grant visible effects when they proc (such as summoning a pool of something under a player or enemy or a minion that does X). I'd be even happier if the summoning was related to a player action (such as hitting an enemy with a heavy attack or dodging or sprinting instead of having a proc chance on healing ticks.

Less numbers, more fun please! :)
  • Raz415
    Raz415
    ✭✭✭
    Raz415 wrote: »
    I'd just like to say that I was hoping for more interesting (gameplay wise) healer sets. I do not personally have any interest in any sets that boost healing numbers (and to be honest I don't find pure "passive" stat improvement sets like SPC fun either).

I wish there would be more sets that grant visible effects when they proc (such as summoning a pool of something under a player or enemy or a minion that does X). I'd be even happier if the summoning was related to a player action (such as hitting an enemy with a heavy attack or dodging or sprinting instead of having a proc chance on healing ticks.

Less numbers, more fun please! :)

There are many sets like this already in-game, but most of them are not even close to being competitive performance-wise with the ones that increase numbers.

LE: Sorry for the double post, I just wanted to add this to my previous comment :(
    Edited by Raz415 on April 16, 2018 11:29PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Change proc effect of Pirate Skeleton into something else instead of still buggy tranformation that disable you char and press off you block. Cheesy mechanic of suppressing that transform by disguises, that should not even work in pvp zone, sounds wrong.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please get some developer comments in relation to the Night Mother's Gaze set changes?

What prompted this change? There are so many sources of Major Fracture in the game it doesn't make much sense to add another one.

I thought support play and team work was something the devs were wanting to encourage yet they remove one of the most useful support sets for Stamina DPS that required team coordination to maximize dps.
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Delete Sload's Semblance. Dont even bother to adjust the numbers or something. Just delete it and create something new.

Agreed this set is broken OP. It's this kind of nonsense that ruins PvP. Mark my words if you do not completely change that 5 piece everyone is going to be running around with Zaan and Sloan's embrace.

Stop it with these OP proc sets!
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    I'd like to address the issue of ability-altering weapons. The back bar weapons will most likely remain there because their main advantage was that you could use them and swap to the front bar, which you can still do. This is more about the rest (master dual Wield, destro+resto and 1h+s, vMA 2h and Dual Wield, Asylum Dual Wield, Destro, 2h and Resto, and 1h+s) so basically all that you use on your front bar. These are competing with a 5 piece bonus and another normal bonus (E.g. BSW with 257 spell damage at 50% uptime and Burning every 12-16 seconds and a spell critical bonus, spell power cure on front bar only on a healer).

Undoubtedly most of the arena weapons need a rework of some kind. Getting through the hardest content should reward you with something that is at least as good as other gear. Many of these weren't even used in the first place. Asylum Bow/1h+s and especially dual wield were never used because they were underperforming in every regard. Master dual wield has the same issue.

Either amplify the numbers or add in the original 1.5x stat bonus as a "1-piece".

After much testing, Asylum Bow is my go to for PVP these days. I would never use it in PVE though.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Essence thief still needs to be changed where it could be proc'd off of all damaging abilities rather than a light attack + the essence should go towards you not away and the damage buff should be 15 or 18%.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Knight Slayer + Sloan's embrace + Zaan and you can heavy attack your way to victory.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won't use any of these sets.
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally would like to understand the reasoning behind the Sunderflame and NMG nerf.
    That's the only bad thing I can say about this patch and I sincerly can't understand why such change was brought up.

Thanks
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weps wrote: »
    I personally would like to understand the reasoning behind the Sunderflame and NMG nerf.
    That's the only bad thing I can say about this patch and I sincerly can't understand why such change was brought up.

Thanks

I truely dont get it, they push people to coordinate themselves and work together as a group to achieve better results

I feel there should be more of those, not less
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how to obtain those new outfit shoulders and helms of undaunted sets that currently on pts - kena, ilambris, shadowrend. But please add Engine Guardian shoulder to outfit undaunted styles so we can change shoulders to look like it.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The healing set from the trial need to last 10 seconds and be able to be use every 10 seconds. This 5 seconds for 1k heals every 10 seconds is no good at all. Adding ~600 heals per second is not worth a five piece, especially one from a trial. If it was a pool that restored mag or stam, randomly, even a low amount like 300 per second, that would be good.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im extremely bored and sick of the proccset mindset your dev team creating these new sets apparently are on. I was hoping for some new and more interresting sets to come with this chapter, sets like shacklebreaker and amberplasm and hundings rage, that give your character focus into something, not a procc that does something specific to the ppl you are attacking etc etc.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im extremely bored and sick of the proccset mindset your dev team creating these new sets apparently are on. I was hoping for some new and more interresting sets to come with this chapter, sets like shacklebreaker and amberplasm and hundings rage, that give your character focus into something, not a procc that does something specific to the ppl you are attacking etc etc.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. It´s true.

This set is an abomination that counteracts every attempt made towards balancing the game in this update.

It´s 7 x 844 obliviondmg dot on your target. The game does not need unavoidable uncounterable dmg. Just no.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• LtBottle
    LtBottle
    ✭✭✭
    You start to be a little unimaginative with sets.

I do not think even the worst pvper want such a set.

Why do you destroy team-play set like nightmother & sunderflamme and always go for insane proc set every one will ask to nerf them?

This a a mmo. we want to play together, all bring something to a group / a raid. Not a proc set which will be used to kill a mounted player before he lands from his horse by some unskilled/troll ganker.

Team play sets gave an advantage to stam? why dont you create some for magicka? A Morag tong like for fire / shock / cold damage? A magickal armor debuff under certain conditions? Another kind of spell power cure?

Sets you offers us here are a little sad.

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

This. It´s true.

This set is an abomination that counteracts every attempt made towards balancing the game in this update.

It´s 7 x 844 obliviondmg dot on your target. The game does not need unavoidable uncounterable dmg. Just no.

Not entirely sure, but aren't these the numbers from the normal Cloudrest sets ? So the HM mode set could be even more than 844 oblivion damage.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As already said: Sload’s Embrace is awful and needs to go. General itemization is lacking and the snowballing/ mothballing of sets is getting out of control. A serious itemization pass on EVERYTHING needs to happen.
  • VizigothAlaric
    VizigothAlaric
    ✭✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »
    Can we please get some developer comments in relation to the Night Mother's Gaze set changes?

What prompted this change? There are so many sources of Major Fracture in the game it doesn't make much sense to add another one.

I thought support play and team work was something the devs were wanting to encourage yet they remove one of the most useful support sets for Stamina DPS that required team coordination to maximize dps.

I would like to get this answer too with specific detailed reasons.

We all know that the fact is in this game now there is 20 different useless sets that noone bothers to use it at all both pve - pvp and now u just decide to rip most usefull 2 sets in this game for pve.

If this is what u understand from BALANCE, everyone is already knows this whole patch stamina will be %90 dead.

Like I said I would like to get detailed explanation

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Vizi - PC EU
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The big issue I see with most of the new sets is that they don't give weapon/spell damage, it doesn't matter how much you crit or how much resources you have without a good base of weapon or spell damage you'll hit (or heal) like a wet noodle. Dps is basically all that matters in this game, getting to resistant cap is easy and things tend to 1 shot if you mess up. As such Healers need only do the minimum of healing required while otherwise contributing to DPS in someway.

Tanking
    Tanking sets that don't give any group advantage are only used in PVP. There hasn't been a good tanking set since thieves guild and neither of them were even heavy armor. All the heavy armor sets are far far too selfish. There needs to be a change in heavy armor design philosophy. Tanks = support give them support tools.

Healing
    Spell power cure is overwhelmingly the best healer set, the buff to Jovad's (applying to slayer) is appreciated but its barely diversifying healer builds. Twilight remedy becoming obsolete with the psyjic skill line is also not helpful. A set that heals is redundant, healers have plenty of heals.. this game is not cooldown limited. Healers are resource limited and mechanics DPS gated. As such a Healer needs to be providing damage, infact providing damage is more important to a healer than anything else its just group damage instead of personal damage. Healer set design is also all wrong... nothing is anywhere as good as SPC + Worms. (group damage + group resources).

DPS
    PVP hates procs stop making new ones and now they cannot crit they are also pretty much useless in PVE where crit multiplier (through Force buffs) is where the real damage is. As such proc sets are either broken or unplayable, just don't make them. Honestly just having a set of stats is all anyone really wants.... see Julianos and Hundings rage. The more interesting damage sets are ones with some kind of class or mechanic specific damage buff... see Burning Spellweave. Its a good set... Mechanical actuary is a recently designed set that while kind of a proc set is all about crits and rewards good lining up of damage in a narrow window of power.

I am disappointed in the nerfs to Nightmothers gaze and Sunderflame. I mean its nice that they are now under the elegant minor/major system. In many ways I"d like everything to have it *cough* snares *cough*. But you took two team play sets and made them completely useless in teamplay. (As someone else always has that buff). Also stamina dps continiues to lack magicka dps's penetration.
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    I know it is maybe not the correct thread, but you haven't made any for crown items. So I will put it as Itemization Category.

I just stumble across a Motif Page from a Crown Crate.

I really hope this is nothing you are going to plan @ZOS_GinaBruno Crown Store exclusive motifs... ok. but having Crown crates exclusive motif PAGES? This is one step to much.

If you are planning to really set this up like this, you either have to drop crown crate prices or sell the crown packages for way less money than you do now.
    I am not willing to pay 200 Euro just to (maybe) get a Crafting Motif out of crates.
    This one has wares if you have coins, yes!

ESO-Streamerin https://www.twitch.tv/littlepumpkin030
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not over this.

Maybe, I missing something and new trial will need another healing springs designed into the set?

Design wise most of the new sets are providing passive healing. How to say this we want new buff sets designed for us.
    The healing set from the trial need to last 10 seconds and be able to be use every 10 seconds. This 5 seconds for 1k heals every 10 seconds is no good at all. Adding ~600 heals per second is not worth a five piece, especially one from a trial. If it was a pool that restored mag or stam, randomly, even a low amount like 300 per second, that would be good.

This^ it's a good idea no?
    Edited by Tasear on April 17, 2018 1:21PM