Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVPers that kill people questing in towns

• DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No point in getting upset with PvPers doing their thing in their territory. Rather grouse at ZMax for putting PvE objectives in PvP territory.

Sorry, ZMax, but that (putting PvE objectives) in PvP-land is annoying. If we wanted to "taste" PvP, we would of our own volition.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

Because that's all they have going for them in game, and maybe in life. :D

I never thought I'll ever give an awesome to DoctorESO.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    I like how pvpers want us to take extra steps in order to do pve content in a pvp zone. Pve in pvp is always a bad idea anyways and the two should be separated completely, content and in balancing

Almost as ridiculous as those pesky pve'ers who expect me to take extra steps to do pve content. What do you mean I can't wear Transmutation gear in vhof? No I'm not gonna take mist form off my bar. :trollface:
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You don't really get very much AP, the person you're killing obviously will not be geared for PVP so it's under no circumstances a fair fight, and killing them serves no purpose at all.

Why are so many people actually going to the trouble of camping quest towns and ambushing people who obviously aren't there to PVP during this event?

because they are easy kills would be my guess. Personally i would just avoid cyro during the event. Plenty of other places to do dailies.
  • CyborgPlatypus
    CyborgPlatypus
    ✭✭✭
    When I was after my cyrodil achievement I killed any player who was there first. It's easier that way. It's a pvp zone. There are plenty of easy pve dailies to do. The world bosses are packed in CWC and crafting writs carry no risk. Try those.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You don't really get very much AP, the person you're killing obviously will not be geared for PVP so it's under no circumstances a fair fight, and killing them serves no purpose at all.

Why are so many people actually going to the trouble of camping quest towns and ambushing people who obviously aren't there to PVP during this event?

because they are easy kills would be my guess. Personally i would just avoid cyro during the event. Plenty of other places to do dailies.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »

extra-salty-restaurant-vector.jpg

I agree with him. If you go out of your way to hunt down defenseless targets and get some sort of high from it, it speaks a lot about your life and personality.

The only "salty" players here are the gankers and griefers themselves.
    Edited by Nyladreas on April 5, 2018 4:13AM
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You guys wanna know why PVEers hate PVPers? This is your answer
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    How does the event affect AP? Yeah, I have no idea. ha ha. I do spend a lot of time in Cyro, so I'm very interested.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While adding a PvE zone of Cyrodiil would be nice, in the end all it will become is just another grind spot for PvE players. I like that there are things that actually forces the meshing of both groups.

It shouldn't be too excessive of course, but I think it's pretty balanced so far here.

Not to mention the tension of trying to play PvE while there are no guarantees that that guy next to you won't decide to be a *** and screw you over... Mmm, the psychological factor of that, I just love it. And it makes actually working together with a random enemy feel so much better.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on April 5, 2018 4:05AM
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »

I agree with him. If you go out of your way to hunt down defenseless targets and get some sort of high from it, it speaks a lot about your life and personality.

The only "salty" players here are the gankers. But nice try.

There's a difference between 'going out of your way' and just stumbling across them while doing your own dailies. If I come across a noob, pver, or pvper, I'm going to fight them

I remember being a noob myself doing these dailies and no one showed remorse then, so why on earth should I?
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No point in getting upset with PvPers doing their thing in their territory. Rather grouse at ZMax for putting PvE objectives in PvP territory.

Sorry, ZMax, but that (putting PvE objectives) in PvP-land is annoying. If we wanted to "taste" PvP, we would of our own volition.

As someone who enjoys Cyrodiil content,
    particularly since they implemented town ownership via flags

Thank you Zenimax for putting these objectives into Cyrodiil <3

Sorry to the players who do not like it,
    but if it makes you feel any better -- did not slow any of you down by running a single pledge today
    nor got myself involved with Morrowind or Wrothgar quests
    Got 90 boxes from doing crafting writs on all my characters,
    then went and enjoyed playing around with an exp buff on my most recent character

best thing to do is get boxes doing what you enjoy,
    rather than chase boxes that seem easiest
    then complain that it was not as easy as it seemed because the design of the content 'got in the way'

Hope people manage to find ways to enjoy the event either way
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eMPsWy2.gif
    :p;):D
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these savages wondervwhy pvp gets no love in games. They can't control themselves from griefing..pretty much making the majority of the player base avoid pvp like the plague

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't want to be engaged in PVP activities get the hell out of Cyrodiil. It's pretty simple.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    You guys wanna know why PVEers hate PVPers? This is your answer

Because the learning curve for PVP is super high and if you go in unprepared for PVP you might be lucky enough to get off a hit or two before you die miserably and then have to ride back from the nearest home keep on the good 'ol Cyrodiil Horseback Riding Simulator 3000?

Or because PVPers dont have the decency to stand still in your AOEs like dungeon NPC because the whole point of player vs player is you aren't fighting predictable AI?

Or because PVPers target probable PVEers who're totally just questing and just want the rewards of a PVP zone without any of the risks of PVP?

I'm not unsympathetic. The learning curve for PVP is high. The riding around is a huge waste of time if you aren't actually actively fighting for keeps. It sucks being targeted.

But I confess I really don't understand the idea that PVEers should be able to get the rewards of a PVP zone without the risk of PVP. The quests are seriously reduced in difficulty thanks to the added risk of PVP already.
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eh. I have a 'non combat character' that just does scouting missions in Cyro. Ride across the map, make a report, ride back. If I encounter enemies it's the same as when I run into PVE enemies: sneak, hide, run, or die. If I can't handle the possibility of my character's guts getting splattered in that zone, then perhaps I should stick to crafting, or thieves guild tip board quests.

Tamriel and beyond are full of danger. If you don't want to handle it, you may as well hide under your bed and avoid the world.
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    It's a pvp zone. PvP folks have all the right to stop people from pouring into pvp zone to grind quests and make a long queuing for those who actually want to go there to pvp.

THIS.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »

There's a difference between 'going out of your way' and just stumbling across them while doing your own dailies. If I come across a noob, pver, or pvper, I'm going to fight them

I remember being a noob myself doing these dailies and no one showed remorse then, so why on earth should I?

Why on earth could you not? Congratulations on becoming the same crappy person as they were and being a part of the problem. If honestly you feel like killing innocent players that have absolutely no relation to who used to be killing you, is accomplishing anything then just wow. Wow... It's not even real vengeance.

Just wow. I'm speechless. Another sheep in the herd.

The key is to realize there isn't a problem

if Cyrodiil is not the playstyle for you, can respect that
    but you may come across difficulties
    if you expect people to change their playstyle for your sake
    just by virtue of your presence in the zone
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why on earth could you not? Congratulations on becoming the same crappy person as they were and being a part of the problem. If honestly you feel like killing innocent players that have absolutely no relation to who used to be killing you, is accomplishing anything then just wow. Wow... It's not even real vengeance.

Because they are in a PvP zone, therefore they should be prepared to fight back or accept being killed.

I'm not saying its a vengeance thing lol. I completely accepted my deaths back then and didn't come to the forums to cry about it. But what's the point in sparing someone who I don't know, just for the sake of some irrelevant moral reason? I'd rather take the easy AP thank you very much

Also I don't appreciate the name calling and flaming. You should know that's against the forum rules since you're such a moral person
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy pvp being ignored for your temporary kicks lol
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

but if it makes you feel any better -- did not slow any of you down by running a single pledge today
    then went and enjoyed playing around with an exp buff on my most recent character

then complain that it was not as easy as it seemed because the design of the content 'got in the way'

Eh, I was speaking in more general terms. The boxes? Don't need to go into Insta-Death Territory. Have plenty of other places to do 'em. :)

But the achievements etc. that ZMax decided needed to be in IDT...that does irk me.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    monktoasty wrote: »
    All these savages wondervwhy pvp gets no love in games. They can't control themselves from griefing..pretty much making the majority of the player base avoid pvp like the plague

All these PVEers who want to be safe from PVP in a PVP zone just because they are totally just questing. And then get wrecked and declare they hate PVP like the result wasn't obviously inevitable.

Personally, I found that PVP sucked when I went into it with the perspective of "I just wanna get my fish/skyshards/delves/dolmens/quests and get out" because I was unprepared for PVP and thus got wrecked.

PVP got a lot better when I decided to actually PVP and prepare for PVP. In my experience, prepare for PVP and the PVE aspects get a lot more enjoyable.

I wouldn't bring my PVP build or attitude to a group dungeon. I bring PVE builds and tactics. Similarly, bringing PVE builds and tactics to PVP is going to be a lot less fun than actually preparing to PVP in a PVP zone.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when we go to PvE zone should you stop PvE'ing?
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The key is to realize there isn't a problem

if Cyrodiil is not the playstyle for you, can respect that
    but you may come across difficulties
    if you expect people to change their playstyle for your sake
    just by virtue of your presence in the zone

It's really not about me as much as others and me being courteous to them knowing exactly how *** it can be. But no matter. I'll have my opinion and you keep yours
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're doing the Cyrodiil dailys for the event, do others instead. Otherwise just find a campaign that is lightly populated or one that your faction holds most of the map.

I have completed all the daily's, got all skyshards, done all delves and fishing achievements in Cyrodiil without too much drama. Most of the time I didn't even see anyone of another alliance.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not about the AP, how are we to know who is doing what? Towns can be crucial respawn points, especially Bruma. There may be some noob up there in PvE gear, but guess what? If you leave them alive they may just end up snipe spamming you when the a real opponent shows up. I agree its frustrating sometimes when you're just trying to get gear, but damn it its a PvP zone. You take your chances.
  • CromulentForumID
    CromulentForumID
    ✭✭✭✭

After the third time that I did not immediately attack a town quester, only to have them turn around and attack me when I was spotted, the whole "be a better person" went out the window.

How many times do I have to get killed like this before I am no longer one of those same, crappy people?

• Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Eh, I was speaking in more general terms. The boxes? Don't need to go into Insta-Death Territory. Have plenty of other places to do 'em. :)

But the achievements etc. that ZMax decided needed to be in IDT...that does irk me.

Why do the achievements irk you exactly?

Personally enjoy that they put achievements in game that reward different playstyles
    everyone likes when cheevos pop
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm coming at this from the perspective of someone who was once so adamantly PVE-only that I only forced myself into Cyrodiil for the fish. Thats right, Master Angler was the only reason I ever stepped foot in that godforsaken PVP land.

I got my fish. I got wrecked a couple times, badly. I killed a vampire by the skin of my teeth purely because I was a Dunmer MagDK. I got my fish and left, never to return.

Well...I got my skyshards and delves. Then I went back to really PVP. I sucked. I got wrecked so bad. Then I found a group to work with, them a PVP guild. I got better, though by no means great. I got a PVP build. I finished the PVE town quests. I finished Imperial City. I now PVP regularly.

If you would have told me two years ago that I would PVP several nights a week, I'd have laughed in your face.

This is a long-winded way of saying that I benefited from exposure to PVP through PVE content. However, getting good at PVP required a lot of time and practice. When I was first learning to PVP, I just accepted that I was going to die, rezzed up, and moved on. If you can't die, rez up and move on, PVP isn't going to be enjoyable. If you don't prepare for PVP, its not going to be much fun either.