The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PVPers that kill people questing in towns

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing I know: complaining about grief-adjacent behavior in PvE has the effect of increasing, rather than decreasing it.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty sad, but it is a PvP zone. I just wish you could do a sarcastic clap emote with your ghost when they kill you so they know what a great achievement it is to kill someone wearing 5 light divines pieces and 2 bars of AOE DOTs.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 5, 2018 3:03AM
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the thing. You get what, 300 ap for killing me.

I see you only run with the zerg homie.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't really get very much AP, the person you're killing obviously will not be geared for PVP so it's under no circumstances a fair fight, and killing them serves no purpose at all.

Why are so many people actually going to the trouble of camping quest towns and ambushing people who obviously aren't there to PVP during this event?

Nope, sorry lol
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another easy way to gain AP is to gank the gankers ganking the questers.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

There is a ganker code.
    PC EU/NA
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't go to a PVP zone if you don't want to deal with PVP. The point of questing in Cyrodiil is that it's dangerous.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the thing. You get what, 300 ap for killing me. You get that exact amount of AP for doing one of the quickie quests. So instead of sitting there killing a player every other minute and wasting their time, you could just do the quests and move on to the next set, make more ap, and not waste the other person's time.

This is a big issue with this event, the dailies in the towns are by far the quickest to do, and it's absolutely trolling to be sitting there killing people trying to farm these instead of going where actual PVP is.

Also, if your goal is AP, that's literally what battlegrounds are for.

How long are they camping and killing people for?
    has someone been farming a particular town all evening,
    or are they killing whoever is around while questing for boxes themselves?

Have not had an opportunity to hop into Cyrodiil for the event yet
    do the Kill Enemy Players quests count as dailies and give boxes as well?
    Edited by Samadhi on April 5, 2018 3:12AM
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Trinotops
    Trinotops
    ✭✭✭✭
    The PvE'ers are already crying. God, I love this event. Almost as good as midyear.
    cKNYbaS.jpg
    But seriously though, I couldn't care less about the AP. If I see you trying to take flags or start trouble while I'm doing my own dailies, I have no reason not to kill you.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »

There is a ganker code.

I'm not a ganker. I'm a counter-ganker. I follow the counter-ganker code instead. :D
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are just griefers, in every game where there's pvp.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a ganker code.

I'm not a ganker. I'm a counter-ganker. I follow the counter-ganker code instead. :D

You can't kill a ganker. You either are a ganker yourself or you are dead.
    000065.jpg
    Edited by Yakidafi on April 5, 2018 3:26AM
    PC EU/NA
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know you’re not complaining about getting attacked by a player in a PVP zone, so where exactly are you getting attacked?
    /sarcasm

Well, if for some reason you are, then it is a pvp zone and should be expected. Just be glad there isn’t open world pvp.

Edited by Odnoc on April 5, 2018 3:28AM
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    whoa... I've done my PvE in cyro back in 2015. My achievements. Got rekt thousands of times. Won mb 5 times. Never did I bother to come here and cry about a PvP zone.

And I bet you did bother whispering them to ask them to let you do the quests. You are too good to speak with scumbags like that.
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on April 5, 2018 3:28AM
  • Knowledge
    Knowledge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These threads are why I PVP people.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Yakidafi

Gankers can get countered easily. Pop on some defensive armor, and slot Radiant Magelight (no stun from stealth attacks and reduces stealth attack damage by 50%). That usually stops most ganks from being successful.

If you're a NB, use Piercing mark, or get some detect pots and that ganker doesn't really have a chance of killing you.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »

Gankers can get countered easily. Pop on some defensive armor, and slot Radiant Magelight (no stun from stealth attacks and reduces stealth attack damage by 50%). That usually stops most ganks from being successful.

If you're a NB, use Piercing mark, or get some detect pots and that ganker doesn't really have a chance of killing you.

Also, don't be a super squishy PVE DPS, but that would require actually preparing for Cyrodiil with things like impenetrable armor and a decent amount of health. Which is apparently more prep work than some people want to put in. Sorry, if you come out in your PVE gear and PVE build, you probably are going to get wrecked. Believe me, I've been there, been wrecked, learned from my mistake.

• DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There is a ganker code.

000065.jpg

morpheus-im-trying-to-free-your-mind-neo-but-i-10589961.png
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    whoa... I've done my PvE in cyro back in 2015. My achievements. Got rekt thousands of times. Won mb 5 times. Never did I bother to come here and cry about a PvP zone.

And I bet you did bother whispering them to ask them to let you do the quests. You are too good to speak with scumbags like that.

Doesn't that just make them come back and kill you more?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how pvpers want us to take extra steps in order to do pve content in a pvp zone. Pve in pvp is always a bad idea anyways and the two should be separated completely, content and in balancing
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    I like how pvpers want us to take extra steps in order to do pve content in a pvp zone. Pve in pvp is always a bad idea anyways and the two should be separated completely, content and in balancing

Go do wrothgar world bosses or something. Plenty of dailies to be getting on with outside of Cyrodiil
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, they wouldn't gank you if you didn't make fun of them for trying to do vHOF and vMOL in impenetrable gear.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah, you don't need any extra steps to do PVE in a PVP zone. The NPCs aren't any worse than usual.

Its the sudden PVP in a PVP zone while doing your PVE questing that seems to give the PVEers problems. We PVPers just want you to take extra steps to deal with the sudden and inevitable PVP in a PVP zone that happens while PVEing in a PVP zone.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »

Go do wrothgar world bosses or something. Plenty of dailies to be getting on with outside of Cyrodiil

Nah, I am avoiding pveing in cyrodil after I got my pve achievements in there and I go only for what its actually should have been for, pvp, not pve.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »

Nah, I am avoiding pveing in cyrodil after I got my pve achievements in there and I go only for what its actually should have been for, pvp, not pve.

Exactly. That's not a dolmen in Cyrodiil...
    itsatrap.jpg
    Everything in a PVP zone can and will abruptly become PVP without warning. Because its a PVP zone.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here's the thing. You get what, 300 ap for killing me. You get that exact amount of AP for doing one of the quickie quests. So instead of sitting there killing a player every other minute and wasting their time, you could just do the quests and move on to the next set, make more ap, and not waste the other person's time.

This is a big issue with this event, the dailies in the towns are by far the quickest to do, and it's absolutely trolling to be sitting there killing people trying to farm these instead of going where actual PVP is.

Or they could kill you AND do the quest.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a ganker code.

000065.jpg

morpheus-im-trying-to-free-your-mind-neo-but-i-10589961.png

tumblr_mkkbvueC1R1s60bsco1_500.gif

PC EU/NA
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Or they could kill you AND do the quest, for twice the AP
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    So i was cruising around town today with my EP Warden doing the dailies and their was several other factions doing them too. We just nodded and smiled.

Right at the end, i was literally logging out, and standing beside the npc, and 4 AD Ganked me. Was i a tad upset? Yes. Did i ask for it? Not really. Am i in a PvP zone yup.

Crying averted lol.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every event this post pops up, I love it.