Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVPers that kill people questing in towns

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeroBad wrote: »
    True in a PVP zone it is no surprise that I get killed sometimes. True PVErs go for Cyro because if one gets killed only 2-3 times it is about 3 times faster then PVE dailies (or more depending on quest sharers, because without them you will have hard time to get to even 20).

Gankers allowed to be ganking in Shor where most of the people do NOT PVP related achievements. Shor's ganker population is much-much lower without this event. So let be honest these gankers come for the easy kills (AP advise its more efficient to go for Vivec or Sotha Sil and lfg so it not about AP), if others say they come for a nice chance for a surprise great duel or battle, then why not go for Vivec or Sotha Sil where people more likely prepared for PVP battle in towns.

Im allowed to think that most of this people (especially those who sneak in indoor quest giver room) are like playing the bully,. Maybe because they are bullied in their real life, maybe they express their real life behaviour.

The drop rate for Worm Cult is abismal, altough it is only a periodical Motif. In PVE I think it would take 10-18 hours to get 112 boxes (I have 4 chracters and 2 are very low level to do anything but writs). I have a daywork, and a family, but I like gaming and achievements. So it is a very time comsuming achievement and one only has 12 days to complete it (maybe one year later another 12), so I really appreciate those who don't kill my not so great PVE builded characters when I'm questing in a PVP campaign which is mostly populated by PVE players.

Yes, people who gank other players in a PVP zone, especially a PVP campaign that everyone knows is practically empty of PVP and really just used by questers, are either bullies or bullied IRL.

Seriously? Its a PVP zone. Shor is a PVP campaign, not a safe haven for questers. Ganking is a well known and common PVP playstyle.

Why the heck do PVEers expect to be exempt from PVP when they come to a PVP zone? Its Player vs Player. Are you not a Player?

I'm not expecting but I hope for an Understanding, because Worm Cult has a very low drop rate, and I (and many others) have work on weekdays.
    I hope that many will drop this behaviour atleast during the event because of sympathy.

There are many I think who don't gank now altough they are gankers, and for them Thank you!

PS: I said the bully theory about the ones who gank in Shor campaign in towns, especially during this event. I know its not a safe haven, but I have hard time understanding someone who likes to kill players who are no match for them (at least 80% of them), camp around places where they can found many of these PVE players(who are there for great time saving) and refuse if they called a bully (or similar expression). Then tell me why not gank in Vivec or Sotha Sil?

That's the bit I don't get either so maybe I need to be enlightened. How much AP I guess it is do you get for clobbering someone? I have no idea...

It depends on how much AP they are worth (which varies based on how much AP they've earned and the time since they last died) and how many people hit them.

I've seen some people in the various threads saying they make good AP, I remember one person saying they made 70k an hour which is good but not spectacular.
  • TheOldPopster
    TheOldPopster
    ✭✭
    That's the bit I don't get either so maybe I need to be enlightened. How much AP I guess it is do you get for clobbering someone? I have no idea...

Depends on how many times you have killed that player and how recently they have been killed (there are diminishing returns). I am not skilled enough with my old hands to be a decent ganker but those who are probably make well above 50K AP an hour at it. Finding one of the towns full of low-hanging fruit is hoggy-heaven for them.
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    True in a PVP zone it is no surprise that I get killed sometimes. True PVErs go for Cyro because if one gets killed only 2-3 times it is about 3 times faster then PVE dailies (or more depending on quest sharers, because without them you will have hard time to get to even 20).

Gankers allowed to be ganking in Shor where most of the people do NOT PVP related achievements. Shor's ganker population is much-much lower without this event. So let be honest these gankers come for the easy kills (AP advise its more efficient to go for Vivec or Sotha Sil and lfg so it not about AP), if others say they come for a nice chance for a surprise great duel or battle, then why not go for Vivec or Sotha Sil where people more likely prepared for PVP battle in towns.

Im allowed to think that most of this people (especially those who sneak in indoor quest giver room) are like playing the bully,. Maybe because they are bullied in their real life, maybe they express their real life behaviour.

The drop rate for Worm Cult is abismal, altough it is only a periodical Motif. In PVE I think it would take 10-18 hours to get 112 boxes (I have 4 chracters and 2 are very low level to do anything but writs). I have a daywork, and a family, but I like gaming and achievements. So it is a very time comsuming achievement and one only has 12 days to complete it (maybe one year later another 12), so I really appreciate those who don't kill my not so great PVE builded characters when I'm questing in a PVP campaign which is mostly populated by PVE players.

Yes, people who gank other players in a PVP zone, especially a PVP campaign that everyone knows is practically empty of PVP and really just used by questers, are either bullies or bullied IRL.

Seriously? Its a PVP zone. Shor is a PVP campaign, not a safe haven for questers. Ganking is a well known and common PVP playstyle.

Why the heck do PVEers expect to be exempt from PVP when they come to a PVP zone? Its Player vs Player. Are you not a Player?

I'm not expecting but I hope for an Understanding, because Worm Cult has a very low drop rate, and I (and many others) have work on weekdays.
    I hope that many will drop this behaviour atleast during the event because of sympathy.

There are many I think who don't gank now altough they are gankers, and for them Thank you!

PS: I said the bully theory about the ones who gank in Shor campaign in towns, especially during this event. I know its not a safe haven, but I have hard time understanding someone who likes to kill players who are no match for them (at least 80% of them), camp around places where they can found many of these PVE players(who are there for great time saving) and refuse if they called a bully (or similar expression). Then tell me why not gank in Vivec or Sotha Sil?

It depends on how much AP they are worth (which varies based on how much AP they've earned and the time since they last died) and how many people hit them.

I've seen some people in the various threads saying they make good AP, I remember one person saying they made 70k an hour which is good but not spectacular.

Then in my forays I wouldn't be worth very much at all. Of course, there's no way for them to know that, I guess.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. :)

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Depends on how many times you have killed that player and how recently they have been killed (there are diminishing returns). I am not skilled enough with my old hands to be a decent ganker but those who are probably make well above 50K AP an hour at it. Finding one of the towns full of low-hanging fruit is hoggy-heaven for them.

I'd be the semi-rotten, not-worth-much fruit then.

Thanks for the explanation! :)

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have hard time understanding someone who likes to kill players who are no match for them (at least 80% of them), camp around places where they can found many of these PVE players(who are there for great time saving)

Let me help you understand. What you apparently fail to appreciate is that in Cyrodiil, you ARE an AP resource node to be harvested. I ignore all campaigns except Vivec but understand that there are those who want to farm in the lighter populated campaigns for AP who, like you, are probably "there for great time saving." Why are you more entitled to do your 'time saving" farming than is the similarly inclined AP farmer?

I don't have proof for comparison but its hard to believe that when you join to a group in Vivec you would earn less AP compared to wait for PVErs in Shor and hope they wont overwhelm you (or successfully run away), if I'm wrong sorry then at least this would make a much better reason for them. Or just gank there for other (in the event the main campaigns are still more populous)
    Fact is, there are "safe" dailies in Wrothgar, Clockwork, Hews Bane, Gold Coast, Mages, Thieves and Undaunted guilds, Craglorn. Go to any of them and you will be absolutely entitled to be safe from other players.

As I mentioned it takes way-way more time, also when you looking for missing quests, its sometimes gets really hard to get the last 2-3 one in a zone.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sympathy? I don't see PvE players giving me a spiinner staff because I don't have time to farm for it. I have to pay like 200k gold for it.

I leaned how to PvP by jumping in zerges several hours a day non stop. I've died more times than I can count. When you see DC running from the zerg there is a good chance I am running towards the enemy. I fear nobody.

During that time, I learned how survive longer, fight harder, and began thinking about how to get better. Also, i was brainwashed to hate EP/AD. Why? Because I've received so many hate tells, a few death threats, I've been called scum and much more. Through time I was brainwashed.

Now. I am a trained killer. I don't care why you are in PvP, I don't care that you might be a low level noob, or an Emperor. I will attack, I will cry for help if needed, and I will not stop till I get what I want.

Some players don't understand this because they have a completely different play style. Some will argue "Why play like that, it is only a game". I do know it is a game, you play your way, and I play my way. Shouldn't be that hard to understand.

However, I do have a weakness for 'weaklings". If you messages me some sob story there is a good chance I would let you quest. But you better message me before I turn on you.

There is a good reason why I named one of my characters "Emily The Serial Killer". :)

Edited by vamp_emily on April 10, 2018 4:30PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    That's the entire damn point, Sharee. If someone is obviously trying to leave everyone else alone and not have any kind of effect on resources/goals, it is extremely jerkish to make them waste their time running away from/fighting you or getting blown up and having to take another 5-10 minutes (depending on mount speed) to travel back and continue. What did you gain by doing that? 1/12th the AP you could have done a 10-minute battleground match for? Some kind of PVP thrill by picking on the little guy that let you get the first 1-5 shots? Good job I guess?

The ease of those PVP quests is balanced by the possibility that some enemy player will blow you up and now you have to ride 5 to 10 minutes to travel back and continue, yeah.

We get it. You want the rewards of easy dailies in a PVP zone with none of the risks of doing dailies in PVP zone, despite the fact that those quests are only easy because of the risk of PVP. If they were PVE only, they'd be far closer in difficulty to the Undaunted daily, which you know, you could do and not face the risk of PVP at all.

Meh, I couldn't care less about Cyro dailies. I just want to finish up an achievement line from outside of Cyro. I agree that if there are dailies that originate IN Cyro, well, they should fit the Cyro ruleset. No argument there at all.

Anyway you put it - if ZOS placed fishing spots in Cydoriil, they purposely made PvP a part of the achievement. Its not like they forgot players could get attacked by other players while fishing.

Again, I'm aware of that. :)

My beef is with ZMax trying to nudge PvEers into Cyro. I think that stinks since if I wanted to PvP, I could do so at any time. I don't care to be shoved into content I am uninterested in.

It’s not at all surprising that ZOS wants people to engage in all forms of content the game has to offer. The more time you spend in game, the likelier you are to make purchases. It’s a very basic business practice. You don’t NEED to do that content in Cyrodiil, however — unless you want the achievements or the rewards that go along with completing that content. Do I WANT to grind out Undaunted on my PVP characters? Of course not (I have dedicated PVE characters for PVE content), but I do it anyway, because I have simply accepted that I have to do it if I want the min/max benefits of Undaunted Mettle.

Want the easy anniversary reward boxes you get from Cyrodiil dailies? Well, then you’re just going to have to accept that you might get ganked, and that you might even get ganked repeatedly. Them’s the risks of completing content in a PVP zone. Many PVP players accept that they have to grind out PVE content to get what they want without complaining.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    That's the entire damn point, Sharee. If someone is obviously trying to leave everyone else alone and not have any kind of effect on resources/goals, it is extremely jerkish to make them waste their time running away from/fighting you or getting blown up and having to take another 5-10 minutes (depending on mount speed) to travel back and continue. What did you gain by doing that? 1/12th the AP you could have done a 10-minute battleground match for? Some kind of PVP thrill by picking on the little guy that let you get the first 1-5 shots? Good job I guess?

The ease of those PVP quests is balanced by the possibility that some enemy player will blow you up and now you have to ride 5 to 10 minutes to travel back and continue, yeah.

We get it. You want the rewards of easy dailies in a PVP zone with none of the risks of doing dailies in PVP zone, despite the fact that those quests are only easy because of the risk of PVP. If they were PVE only, they'd be far closer in difficulty to the Undaunted daily, which you know, you could do and not face the risk of PVP at all.

Meh, I couldn't care less about Cyro dailies. I just want to finish up an achievement line from outside of Cyro. I agree that if there are dailies that originate IN Cyro, well, they should fit the Cyro ruleset. No argument there at all.

Anyway you put it - if ZOS placed fishing spots in Cydoriil, they purposely made PvP a part of the achievement. Its not like they forgot players could get attacked by other players while fishing.

My beef is with ZMax trying to nudge PvEers into Cyro. I think that stinks since if I wanted to PvP, I could do so at any time. I don't care to be shoved into content I am uninterested in.

It’s not at all surprising that ZOS wants people to engage in all forms of content the game has to offer. The more time you spend in game, the likelier you are to make purchases. It’s a very basic business practice. You don’t NEED to do that content in Cyrodiil, however — unless you want the achievements or the rewards that go along with completing that content. Do I WANT to grind out Undaunted on my PVP characters? Of course not (I have dedicated PVE characters for PVE content), but I do it anyway, because I have simply accepted that I have to do it if I want the min/max benefits of Undaunted Mettle.

Want the easy anniversary reward boxes you get from Cyrodiil dailies? Well, then you’re just going to have to accept that you might get ganked, and that you might even get ganked repeatedly. Them’s the risks of completing content in a PVP zone. Many PVP players accept that they have to grind out PVE content to get what they want without complaining.

To be entirely fair, many PVPers complain bitterly about having to grind dungeons, trials, and Undaunted points. But most of us shut up about it because its pretty clear that ZOS wants us to experience all of the game and doesnt care that PVPers have to play PVE content to get what we "need" to PVP.
  • TheOldPopster
    TheOldPopster
    ✭✭
    I have hard time understanding someone who likes to kill players who are no match for them (at least 80% of them), camp around places where they can found many of these PVE players(who are there for great time saving)

Let me help you understand. What you apparently fail to appreciate is that in Cyrodiil, you ARE an AP resource node to be harvested. I ignore all campaigns except Vivec but understand that there are those who want to farm in the lighter populated campaigns for AP who, like you, are probably "there for great time saving." Why are you more entitled to do your 'time saving" farming than is the similarly inclined AP farmer?

I don't have proof for comparison but its hard to believe that when you join to a group in Vivec you would earn less AP compared to wait for PVErs in Shor and hope they wont overwhelm you (or successfully run away), if I'm wrong sorry then at least this would make a much better reason for them. Or just gank there for other (in the event the main campaigns are still more populous)
    Fact is, there are "safe" dailies in Wrothgar, Clockwork, Hews Bane, Gold Coast, Mages, Thieves and Undaunted guilds, Craglorn. Go to any of them and you will be absolutely entitled to be safe from other players.

As I mentioned it takes way-way more time, also when you looking for missing quests, its sometimes gets really hard to get the last 2-3 one in a zone.

Has it not occurred to you that the reason those quests in Cryodiil are so quick, short and easy is that the risk of getting ganked is "built into them"?

There are many players who don't like group activities in Cyrodiil and are full-time gankers. They are often obnoxious and always inconvenient for the full-time pvp populace. Why should you get a pass just because you want to take advantage of the ease of the quests?

As far as how much they can make, all I know is that some who have been competing for Emperor spend a fair amount of time in small gank groups so it must be pretty rewarding.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was pretty nice today ! a big group of peaceful Reds, at Cheydinal, Vlastarus and bruma, there were a lot of AD and Ep doing quests without killing each other ( especially at Bruma). Thank to this group on Sotha Sil.
    1523383405545602727.png

30 min before at Cheydinal, there were 5/6 blues .. . first I thought they were peaceful, the blue in front of me started to attack me so i tried to show him that i didn't wanted to kill him ... then 5 sec later i have been killed by his friends ... i mean OK it's a PVP zone, but when they teabag you it become disgusting, I went back there and what i see was just unclean ... they were spamming Revealing Flare everywhere and especially on quests giver " I was like Wtf is happening ", then they found me and teabaged at 6.
    Edited by Apherius on April 10, 2018 6:11PM
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

To be entirely fair, many PVPers complain bitterly about having to grind dungeons, trials, and Undaunted points. But most of us shut up about it because its pretty clear that ZOS wants us to experience all of the game and doesnt care that PVPers have to play PVE content to get what we "need" to PVP.

My understanding of this is that ESO is essentially (no matter what the plans may have been at one time) a PvE game with some PvP as well. So, yeah, I guess they do expect that folks play the bulk of the game.

That said, I don't see why PvP can't get a wee bit more new content. I mean after awhile it must get eye-crossingly boring to operate in the same area(s) over and over.

• GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The past two nights, I've witnessed:

1. A Red DK camping at the quest site north of Bruma where the dremora and dragon spawn, just to kill people who went there to do the quest.
    2. A group of AD camping inside the Bruma Chapel, wrecking anyone who came in to drop off the quest.
    3. The same behavior inside the building in Cropsford where you pick up and drop off quests.

Full disclosure: I have ganked people from opposing factions who were doing the dailies. But I was also in town to do the dailies, and they happened to be there, and they're enemies, so I killed them. I wasn't camping in the towns just to get easy kills.

Also, I got killed repeatedly, especially when I brought PVE characters in for the quick reward boxes. But I didn't whine about it, because it's a PVP zone, and I knew full well the risks. But even with the deaths, it was still a faster route to the anniversary rewards than doing them in PVE-land.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Sympathy? I don't see PvE players giving me a spiinner staff because I don't have time to farm for it. I have to pay like 200k gold for it.

I leaned how to PvP by jumping in zerges several hours a day non stop.

But.... jumping INTO zergs is soooo much fun :D
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The past two nights, I've witnessed:

1. A Red DK camping at the quest site north of Bruma where the dremora and dragon spawn, just to kill people who went there to do the quest.
    2. A group of AD camping inside the Bruma Chapel, wrecking anyone who came in to drop off the quest.
    3. The same behavior inside the building in Cropsford where you pick up and drop off quests.

Full disclosure: I have ganked people from opposing factions who were doing the dailies. But I was also in town to do the dailies, and they happened to be there, and they're enemies, so I killed them. I wasn't camping in the towns just to get easy kills.

Also, I got killed repeatedly, especially when I brought PVE characters in for the quick reward boxes. But I didn't whine about it, because it's a PVP zone, and I knew full well the risks. But even with the deaths, it was still a faster route to the anniversary rewards than doing them in PVE-land.

The only thing i find despicable is camping the insides of buildings and killing players who still have a black screen from the door transition and can't fight. Because that's just abusing a broken game mechanic (remember how ZOS removed doors on resource towers? Same reason).

That being said, one guy tried to pull that on me a couple days ago, but i was on my main. Went WW and tore his head off.
    Ha! :p
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For literally every single day since this event started, there has been a big group of AD fighting their way into the questgiver house or tower in cropsford and then camping it in Sotha Sil Xbox NA at all hours. Tell me again how this isn't scummy in every single way? What could a group of 12+ people accomplish literally everywhere else on the map, but they're choosing to do this instead? They're just scumbags, no other answer is acceptable.
    Edited by Dapper Dinosaur on April 10, 2018 9:04PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For literally every single day since this event started, there has been a big group of AD fighting their way into the questgiver house or tower in cropsford and then camping it in Sotha Sil Xbox NA at all hours. Tell me again how this isn't scummy in every single way? What could a group of 12+ people accomplish literally everywhere else on the map, but they're choosing to do this instead? They're just scumbags, no other answer is acceptable.

Cropsford has flags and by defending it they are keeping EP from rezzing there and attacking their keeps. Also Cropsford is a staging point for attacks on Alessia, Drakelowe, Sejanus, and the AD back field. So you want it to be in your faction's hands. Its not a keep or a resource, but its a fairly strategic location and you do get defensive ticks.

That's the answer of a PVPer who reads the map. Now, the answer of a desperate PVE quester might be entirely different.

Of course, if you ask me about Chorrol or Cheydinhal, I'll shrug and say "Its a PVP zone. Prepare for PVP," so its not always about the map reading and strategy. But in the case of Cropsford, there's a solid strategic reason to camp it and defend it.

But of course, you've already deemed this answer unacceptable.
    Edited by VaranisArano on April 10, 2018 9:39PM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It isn't scummy because it is a PvP zone and the point of the zone is killing the enemy.

I don't get why they should have sympathy on PvEers who come into the zone because they think the dailies will be easier than the dailies in PvE zones. I suck at PvP, but I still do the dailies there. If I get ganked, tough luck for me. I can't imagine complaining because I was killed in a PvP zone. Even if it was 60 AD with the emp attacking just me, that would be fair game. It is a warzone.

Despite that, I still find it more efficient to farm dailies there if I have time (after 15 characters doing 6 writs each). I did server shop. I did Chorrol dailies guesting in the no-CP server (whatever it is called) and Bruma in Vivec because DC didn't have Bruma in the no-CP server.
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cropsford has flags and by defending it they are keeping EP from rezzing there and attacking their keeps. Also Cropsford is a staging point for attacks on Alessia, Drakelowe, Sejanus, and the AD back field. So you want it to be in your faction's hands. Its not a keep or a resource, but its a fairly strategic location and you do get defensive ticks.

That's the answer of a PVPer who reads the map. Now, the answer of a desperate PVE quester might be entirely different.

Of course, if you ask me about Chorrol or Cheydinhal, I'll shrug and say "Its a PVP zone. Prepare for PVP," so its not always about the map reading and strategy. But in the case of Cropsford, there's a solid strategic reason to camp it and defend it.

They're not attacking there with the purpose of taking cropsford. They're spending up to 20 minutes at a time camping in that building or even the firetower for the sole purpose of blowing up people trying to do the quests in a campaign that's not for serious PVP and hoping a zerg fails to clean them out.
    Edited by Dapper Dinosaur on April 10, 2018 9:48PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They're not attacking there with the purpose of taking cropsford. They're spending up to 20 minutes at a time camping in that building or even the firetower for the sole purpose of blowing up people trying to do the quests in a campaign that's not for serious PVP and hoping a zerg fails to clean them out.

You asked. I gave a PVPer's reason for why a group of 12 might choose to defend a strategic location against hordes of enemy questers.

And as I expected, you found that answer unacceptable.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    But.... jumping INTO zergs is soooo much fun :D

I think you were there back then ( it was before I met you ) at bleakers every night 50 ep would show up for hours. It gave me a headache after awhile. Back then I pushed 1 button for hours, it was steal tornado :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Who are you to decide which campaign is for “serious” PVP or not? A PVP server is a PVP server is a PVP server. Even if they ARE just camping for easy PVE kills (and that might not even be the case — they could be defending that point in coordination with other raids), they are well within their rights to kill you as many times as they please, whether you think they’re “jerks” for doing so or not. You’re not entitled to a death-free Cyrodiil experience simply because you dislike PVP.
    Edited by Aurielle on April 10, 2018 10:26PM
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I'm a PVPer. For all the PVEers complaining here does this mean that if I go farming in, say, Craglorn, I can post in chat "I'm a PVPer just here farming for a few mats. Please don't run ahead of me and take them all" you will go away and leave me the near proximity nodes?

Actually, I do that as a matter of course. If I see someone near a node, I always assume they're there to mine it. I will wait, and if they don't do it, I'll get it. Same with chests. My attitude is that there's always more nodes.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »

I leaned how to PvP by jumping in zerges several hours a day non stop. I've died more times than I can count. When you see DC running from the zerg there is a good chance I am running towards the enemy. I fear nobody.

During that time, I learned how survive longer, fight harder, and began thinking about how to get better. Also, i was brainwashed to hate EP/AD. Why? Because I've received so many hate tells, a few death threats, I've been called scum and much more. Through time I was brainwashed.

Now. I am a trained killer. I don't care why you are in PvP, I don't care that you might be a low level noob, or an Emperor. I will attack, I will cry for help if needed, and I will not stop till I get what I want.

Some players don't understand this because they have a completely different play style. Some will argue "Why play like that, it is only a game". I do know it is a game, you play your way, and I play my way. Shouldn't be that hard to understand.

However, I do have a weakness for 'weaklings". If you messages me some sob story there is a good chance I would let you quest. But you better message me before I turn on you.

There is a good reason why I named one of my characters "Emily The Serial Killer". :)

Emily, the Serial Melodramatic Roleplayer

Nobody fears anybody, it’s a video game and no amount of absurd posturing will make that contrived “killer’s manifesto” sound any less dumb.

“Now i am a trained killer.”

<vomits uncontrollably>
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    So I'm a PVPer. For all the PVEers complaining here does this mean that if I go farming in, say, Craglorn, I can post in chat "I'm a PVPer just here farming for a few mats. Please don't run ahead of me and take them all" you will go away and leave me the near proximity nodes?

Actually, I do that as a matter of course. If I see someone near a node, I always assume they're there to mine it. I will wait, and if they don't do it, I'll get it. Same with chests. My attitude is that there's always more nodes.

Does that good will extend to valuable, much-desired PVE drops? If you get a Necropotence lightning staff or purple Spinners jewellery, will you give those items to PVPers who hate PVE content free of charge, ‘cause there are always more drops?

• Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, we all know that bounty "kill enemy X" grants a anniversary box. So we are actually questing too! On your bodies
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    Guys, we all know that bounty "kill enemy X" grants a anniversary box. So we are actually questing too! On your bodies

Hence my being grumpy for paying to provide you guys with content. :p

Also why unless ZMax in their "wisdom" is the party I'm really grumpy with. PvP in a PvP zone is as it should be but sending achievement PvEers in there...feh!

• NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday for me was great! There were only 2 failed atempt of killing me. All the other factions players were so peacefull, even helpfull :)
    Edited by NeroBad on April 11, 2018 10:39AM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also why unless ZMax in their "wisdom" is the party I'm really grumpy with. PvP in a PvP zone is as it should be but sending achievement PvEers in there...feh!

I’ve already explained why it’s in ZOS’s best interests to get players engaged in ALL the awesome content the game has to offer. I NEVER used to PVP in MMOs. I first started in LOTRO because there was a horse I wanted that could only be acquired through PVP. I was reluctant at first, as I wasn’t used to dying (thanks to the faceroll-easy PVE content). Then, once I got over the initial shock of dying and getting ganked by wargs, I discovered that I REALLY enjoyed it. When PVE got incredibly stagnant, I went over to PVP exclusively. Turbine got a whole extra YEAR of subscription money out of me simply because they got me into PVP with one freaking horse. I had a lot of fun in that year too, so it was a win for both parties.

You may never come to enjoy PVP, but don’t bash ZOS for trying to interest you in all aspects of the game. Whether you like it or not, Cyrodiil is a huge part of the ESO experience for many players.

• DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I’ve already explained why it’s in ZOS’s best interests to get players engaged in ALL the awesome content the game has to offer. I NEVER used to PVP in MMOs. I first started in LOTRO because there was a horse I wanted that could only be acquired through PVP. I was reluctant at first, as I wasn’t used to dying (thanks to the faceroll-easy PVE content). Then, once I got over the initial shock of dying and getting ganked by wargs, I discovered that I REALLY enjoyed it. When PVE got incredibly stagnant, I went over to PVP exclusively. Turbine got a whole extra YEAR of subscription money out of me simply because they got me into PVP with one freaking horse. I had a lot of fun in that year too, so it was a win for both parties.

You may never come to enjoy PVP, but don’t bash ZOS for trying to interest you in all aspects of the game. Whether you like it or not, Cyrodiil is a huge part of the ESO experience for many players.

Goodness.

I happen to disagree, as you may have noticed. I also retain the right to be grumpy (which in my book, in no way equates "bashing", ease up a bit on the hyperbole, 'k?).

I'm also glad that Cyro is a "huge part" for many players and, if you've been following along, I SUPPORT having Cyro and AGREE that it needs refreshed or more content. I just don't think that SOME of the PvE content (achievements which heretofore had nothing to do with PvP) should be in a PvP zone.

So, could you please disengage your teeth from my backside? Thanks. :)

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Goodness.

I happen to disagree, as you may have noticed. I also retain the right to be grumpy (which in my book, in no way equates "bashing", ease up a bit on the hyperbole, 'k?).

I'm also glad that Cyro is a "huge part" for many players and, if you've been following along, I SUPPORT having Cyro and AGREE that it needs refreshed or more content. I just don't think that SOME of the PvE content (achievements which heretofore had nothing to do with PvP) should be in a PvP zone.

So, could you please disengage your teeth from my backside? Thanks. :)

Sorry, but the “we shouldn’t have PVE content in PVP zones” argument just doesn’t fly. First of all, there is always downtime in PVP, much as there is always downtime in PVE. Quests, skyshards, delves, and dolmens in Cyrodiil give PVPers something else to do during downtime, and they increase the likelihood of running into another player. Also, as I’ve explained previously, some PVPers prefer small-scale combat. You’re less likely to find small-scale combat when taking keeps. You have a better chance of finding small group or 1v1 fights in out-of-the-way questing areas, or in Imperial City (another area over which PVEers shed many entitled tears).

If you say you want to eliminate quests from Cyrodiil, you’re essentially saying that you want PVPers to have fewer gameplay options in their preferred zone. That’s why those of us who PVP get our backs up when entitled PVEers whine about getting killed in PVP zones. Those quests and skyshards aren’t just there for YOU, y’know.

Edited by Aurielle on April 11, 2018 11:38AM