The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cyrodiil Updates for Update 18

• NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OMG yes I will have your children this is amazing I love you

If guards are getting a buff then for the love of the 8 they should not cost negate. (That rhymed!) Make the bubble breakable too please!
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    OMG yes I will have your children this is amazing I love you

always knew I should have grown up to be something cool - like a game dev...
    :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Campaign lockouts based on Alliance swapping on a temporary level have been discussed and are still on going.

giphy.gif

thank you sir :)

personally - with 10 characters , i really appreciate the opportunity to keep all of them in the same campaign (it feels like home)...

however, it really upsets a lot of people - and, i'm hoping that any large issue which might be causing folks to leave pvp can be addressed...

it's no fun pvping by yourself - we're really dependent on new players and pvers to come join us in cyrodiil to keep the war alive...and, hopefully anything that can be done to keep our existing pvp player base will be looked at...

Edit: it's good to talk to the man behind the curtain...
    vV7K42.gif

This still presents nonsense situations though. I run with a social guild on Friday nights in Vivec on AD. But all of my characters, with the exception of that 1 AD toon are EP and I main them all in Vivec. Any temporary lockout of a campaign would pretty much ruin my ability to PVP for the weekend (or at least Saturday) on 14 of my EP toons in Vivec. If you want to talk about people leaving cyrodil, this will be the thing that does it.

you're right @jaws343 ...unfortunately, i don't think there is any possibility of finding a solution wherein everyone will be satisfied...

and yeah, it's easy to talk about sacrificing for the greater good - when you're not the one whom has to sacrifice anything...

i will say the 20 hour timer was just a number i pulled out of my butt...

personally though - i feel for the overall health of alliance war pvp, some restrictions on movement between alliances within the same campaign should be implemented...

The problem with timers is this. People like 24 hours. Let's say it's 24 hours.

I PvP on an EP toon on Friday night from 6:00 PM to 1:00 AM.

The next day, Saturday, my DC friends ask me to join their 8:00 PM PvP group. I can't. Even though it's the next day, 26 hours past the last time I started playing, I'm still locked out. OK, sucks I can't play with them so I'll play my EP again.

Sunday, I want to PvP....have to play my EP again.

Monday come home from work. Be nice to play that DC sorcerer I leveled. Can't. EP again.

Etc., etc.

This would be less of a problem if there were more than one active server with a large, constant population. But that's not the situation

By implementing a 24 hour timer, you're basically forcing anyone who wants to play another character to not PvP at all for 24 hours, or play in a format they dislike (CP or non-CP, low population servers that are boring and have emp trading politics, pop-locked zerging), both of which are way too punitive and punishing

ESO had a system in place like this and enough people hated it that ZOS changed it. Those old issues are going to come up again.

There are other ways to encourage healthy and competitive campaigns that people care for. Namely, I would suggest, making it so the rewards for winning and staying on a side are desirable.

Or if we must use negative reinforcement as opposed to positive reinforcement (which I think is a mistake, campaign s should be enjoyable not full of rules and restrictions that just make things frustrating), then make it so the masses of fair weather campaign hoppers who jump to the winning side which apparently exist in droves, even though I see the same people every night on EP and DC, don't get diddly squat.
    Edited by Joy_Division on April 5, 2018 6:45AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valid points joy...and the truth is you can't control everyone's behavior...some people will always push the envelope on fair play and "decent" human conduct :p

at this point though - a 30 minute timeout would be better than how it is now...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    One technical question:

Im using i3-6100 , listed with 2 cores, will I also feel a difference performance wise since its now only uses 1 or is this mainly for the 4cote+ guys? Even a small benefit would be good, thats why I ASK with the 2 core thing^^
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Campaign lockouts based on Alliance swapping on a temporary level have been discussed and are still on going.

giphy.gif

thank you sir :)

personally - with 10 characters , i really appreciate the opportunity to keep all of them in the same campaign (it feels like home)...

however, it really upsets a lot of people - and, i'm hoping that any large issue which might be causing folks to leave pvp can be addressed...

it's no fun pvping by yourself - we're really dependent on new players and pvers to come join us in cyrodiil to keep the war alive...and, hopefully anything that can be done to keep our existing pvp player base will be looked at...

Edit: it's good to talk to the man behind the curtain...
    vV7K42.gif

This still presents nonsense situations though. I run with a social guild on Friday nights in Vivec on AD. But all of my characters, with the exception of that 1 AD toon are EP and I main them all in Vivec. Any temporary lockout of a campaign would pretty much ruin my ability to PVP for the weekend (or at least Saturday) on 14 of my EP toons in Vivec. If you want to talk about people leaving cyrodil, this will be the thing that does it.

you're right @jaws343 ...unfortunately, i don't think there is any possibility of finding a solution wherein everyone will be satisfied...

and yeah, it's easy to talk about sacrificing for the greater good - when you're not the one whom has to sacrifice anything...

i will say the 20 hour timer was just a number i pulled out of my butt...

personally though - i feel for the overall health of alliance war pvp, some restrictions on movement between alliances within the same campaign should be implemented...

I agree with this, we will never make everyone happy. But i know more damage done by newbies quitting PvP with a 'whats the point'attitude when they realize so many get ahead with boosting, flipping, emp farming etc. It's cheating, and cheating sucks fun and meanging out of everything in life.

So whilst there is the odd niche situation like the above the damage from the nefarious use is worse.

However i DO concur if there was a way to do as Joy suggests, have reason to remain loyal for a campaign, bigger reasons then its the same end result. In simple terms the lock idea suits me, i appreciate it doesn't suit everyone, BUT as long as we get to a point where the flipping and cheating stops im happy with any means..

Making more of the 'other' campaigns is cool on one hand but on the other could ruin the quality small scale found there. I.e. Buffing those rewards or AP will bring infrequent Vivec zergs
    Edited by Beardimus on April 5, 2018 9:23AM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cold fire balista did get damage reduced vs players, but it still trucks. Also note this got buffed vs. siege so it hits for 20,800 vs. siege weapons...

Can you the reduce the needed space for catapults, then? Otherwise there will be bad blood ("this is my spot!"), and the more tactical use of sieges you like to see won´t happen.

Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌

Could you explain a little bit more as to why the decision to focus ballistas on anti siege was made. Previous changes focused them more on anti personnel (smaller placement raidus, faster turning and tracking) to me it seems that trebs would be the ideal anti siege and more thematically destructive to objects (large chunk of burning rock thrown vs a bolt) also siege isn't as mobile which makes the slower fire rate of trebs more suited.

It's extremely difficult already to siege a keep whilst under pressure from many enemies and counter ballistas running so I'm just a little confused what the goal behind the change is. I'm guessing balancing not having many resources so lower defensive siege cap? But then where is the incentive to get the resource back?

Personally if we're discussing siege changes I'd like to see ballistas be a much smaller radius but do slightly higher damage for more focused shots.

Also I know its not especially your area but In general the problem that players will always have with siege stems from the fact that purge has been made group only. Siege (especially oils) is devastating to ungroupped players but relatively uneffective vs groups that have players to deal with this problem. I don't think the resolution is to nerf groups down to the level of ungroupped players as there should be some reward for teamwork in my opinion. The cat change is nice although I can tell you already that it will make organised players far stronger inside chokepoints like keeps. (Think old ground oils - personally I think it's a good thing but I'm not sure how the rest of the community will respond)

In general there needs to be more ways to remove debuffs from your character. Especially when players can apply upwards of 5 debuffs in 1 gcd. Purge costing so much, being group locked and only removing 2 debuffs is just a little frustrating at times. Maybe a potion effect "anti poison" would be a good place to start offering players more choice. :)

Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on April 5, 2018 9:50AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Arkray
    Arkray
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like we are getting nice stuff, with those buffs to damage vs siege weapons it seems like we'd have to carry even more siege weapons than before though, could we finally have stackable siege weapons?
    "Ah, magic! The solution to all life's problems. I love magic! It's so... magical."
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish siege were doing more damage in CP and I wish we had a siege weapon bag

• frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In general there needs to be more ways to remove debuffs from your character. Especially when players can apply upwards of 5 debuffs in 1 gcd. Purge costing so much, being group locked and only removing 2 debuffs is just a little frustrating at times. Maybe a potion effect "anti poison" would be a good place to start offering players more choice. :)

I agree and disagree here. Once again, I believe that WoW really nailed the best system possible. There should be purging skills for certain classes and for specific debuffs.

For example :
    • Cleanse (Alliance War) : Remove siege debuffs
    • Cure (Templar) : Remove poisons and diseases
    • Mend (Warden) : Remove bleeding and elemental effects
    • Purge (Sorcerer) : Remove snares and roots

This would create class diversity between ones highly focused on DoTs and ones with more burst potential.
    Edited by frozywozy on April 5, 2018 12:54PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This I likes.... Lots...
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear. Looking forward to seeing what you all brainstorm up for this.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    Any chance you guys will do anything about the current state of bgs? premades are just steamrolling pugs

It could take some time....maybe a year or two :/
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please no :(
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please yes.
    There has become only one alliance now, the one that is winning.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even oils don't seem to phase players the way they used to after the healbot/tank meta was introduced.
    When 2 full raids of DC show up at Chalman and only a handful of EP defenders siege was all we had.
    PS4 NA Vivec.
    Agreed. With populations even during primetime not resulting in pop-locked campaigns, its not uncommon for 5-6 players to be tasked with defending a keep against 20 or more. As it stands now, you can hit someone square in the face with a cold fire ballista and they just shrug it off. I've seen players banging away at the front door with a ram heal their way through 4 oils pouring on them from the tower above. It's a shame siege in CP enabled campaigns don't hit players as hard as they do in non-CP.
    PS4NA
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    Even oils don't seem to phase players the way they used to after the healbot/tank meta was introduced.
    When 2 full raids of DC show up at Chalman and only a handful of EP defenders siege was all we had.
    PS4 NA Vivec.
    Agreed. With populations even during primetime not resulting in pop-locked campaigns, its not uncommon for 5-6 players to be tasked with defending a keep against 20 or more. As it stands now, you can hit someone square in the face with a cold fire ballista and they just shrug it off. I've seen players banging away at the front door with a ram heal their way through 4 oils pouring on them from the tower above. It's a shame siege in CP enabled campaigns don't hit players as hard as they do in non-CP.

The thing which is dangerous about oils is their heal debuff provided it is purged their damage alone isn't too threatening. Especially if not poured in a coordinated manor.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    The depth, attention to detail, and thoughtfulness of these changes to create a better experience in cyrodiil is exactly what the playerbase has been asking for. Well done. Keep up the good work. There will always be the haters. This update shows alot of competency.
  • Acht88
    Acht88
    ✭✭
    will there be new pvp ranks?
    After the 50-th in Cyrodiil I have absolutely no interest and no excitement
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although all these changes are good, this won't hide the fact that nothing is happening in Cyrodiil, except some shiny rewards we might get for doing the same content over and over again after 4 years. And by the way, score still means nothing, Imperial city still has no point, 90% of Cyrodiil map won't get explored by anyone because there is nothing to do there. /rant.

Many suggestions have been made about how to make cyrodiil great again. #MakeCyrodiilGreatAgain
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on April 5, 2018 9:05PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The character compositing should help with console crashes <-- confirmed from our coder gang.

In terms of the BRK -> Sejanus example, the two are technically different structures on the server as one is an Outpost and the other is a Keep. This means you could be on both of their credit lists, but if you pushed to Alessia and contributed to that battle, your BRK credit would be replaced with Alessia credit.

So, what you are saying is opponent holds sej, pushes brk. Our team successfully defends brk by killing all invaders, doesnt wait for it to unflag, pushes sej and captures it.

In that very plausible situation we would get d-tick and o-tick at same time?
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    As it's almost midnight and this is the last post in the thread currently...yes Yoda. That would be a legit scenario to get an O and D tick in close proximity to each other.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eirella wrote: »

Please no :(

I would love to see this. I think the penalty will need to be strict though. At the least Alliance switching only at the end of a campaign.
    My personal vote would be something from an old MMO where you controlled PvP and the Alliance through a NPC recruiter. This allowed you to leave an Alliance completely, but it cost you all of the Alliance reputation, Rank, gear, etc. If you left an Alliance and went back to it you started as a recruit again.
    I also like the "fake Patch Notes" idea where you could log into another Alliance, you just didn't earn rank. However this would leave it wide open to spies.

Either way I love these changes. Would like to see more, but I think every one of these is positive, and I'm willing to wait and see the results before asking for more.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    The character compositing should help with console crashes <-- confirmed from our coder gang.

In terms of the BRK -> Sejanus example, the two are technically different structures on the server as one is an Outpost and the other is a Keep. This means you could be on both of their credit lists, but if you pushed to Alessia and contributed to that battle, your BRK credit would be replaced with Alessia credit.
    In that very plausible situation we would get d-tick and o-tick at same time?

all this ticking is making me itch...two minotaur gals go around the outside, 'round the outside, 'round the outside...
  • patents
    patents
    ✭✭✭

:(

it was fun swapping around :(

pls dont lock us out!!
    Edited by patents on April 6, 2018 9:12AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome

Please do something to kill the alliance switchers and spies for ap farming or emp trading

Make it in a way people can switch once in a while but not switch every 2H, or they get a penalty like 0 AP for x hours

Food for thoughts
    Edited by Morgul667 on April 6, 2018 10:00AM
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It will be great if you would implement a campaign alliance lock(account based) so we will once again have more alliance loyalty and less treason/plays all sides kind of gameplay.
    I would suggest the following:
    Char example 1 joins campaign 1. Char example 1 Alliance: AD
    Char example 2 can't join campaign 1 for the duration of the campaign. Char example 2 Alliance: EP
    Char example 3 can't join campaign 1 for the duration of the campaign. Char example 3 Alliance: DC

*If char example 1 abandoned campaign 1(penalty of ap, 500K-1M/other AP), only then it is possible to join campaign 1 with other alliance chars(only if they are all same alliance) and only after 24-72 hours have passed since char 1 abandoned the campaign.
    *Once the campaign has ended, all players will receive a campaign reset(free of charge) so they may choose with which alliance to play(Only one alliance, AD/EP/DC). This reset will encourage to play until the end of campaign and not use the above option.
    As it's almost midnight and this is the last post in the thread currently...yes Yoda. That would be a legit scenario to get an O and D tick in close proximity to each other.

That's very interesting idea.
    But please add a limit to the amount of ap that can be gained by this method, so it will not be exploited(per player).
    Also, It will be appreciated if the credit for O and D ticks will still divide the total amount of AP of the O and D ticks even if players logged out or had their credits removed(due to new battles), so there will be no situation that one player receives all AP(example: 80K and 130K) from the O and D ticks.
    There is a need for a cap of earning ap through the ticks(calculated per player), so there will be no abuse of this system.
    Edited by Universe on April 6, 2018 11:11AM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not reward the portion of the tick up to that point when someone departs? Essentially, calculate their tick from the 'old list' before adding them onto the new?

It would mean more server side calculations and a bit more complex coding, but it would prevent people from having to make a choice between sticking around in a fight that's well under control in order to get the tick or going to the new area that may be in dire need of offense/defense.

An in code flag could be set so people wouldn't receive a new base tick (Offensive or Defensive, either one) for coming back early, to prevent exploiting this. The flag(s) would then clear whenever the resource/keep exited combat. Or another quick calculation servers side, figuring the amount of AP to take off for arriving again would solve this.

Total AP disbursed for would look like this:
    • FLAG = True/False based on whether the player had previously been involved in this battle.
    • BASE = Base Def/Off AP tick
    • KILLS1 = Kills/players present for Time period 1 (t1)
    • KILLS2 = Kills/players present for Time period 2 (t2)
    • TOTAL = BASE + KILLS1
      • Fight starts when objective is tagged, for each player (FLAG = 0, KILLS1=KILLS2=0)
      • Player 1 stays the entire fight, start to finish and gets BASE + KILLS1, just like now (t2 is zero, since they never left)
      • Player 2 goes elsewhere halfway through and gets BASE + KILLS1 on departure. Player 2's Internal flag is set (FLAG = 1) for this objective as long as it remains tagged.
      • Player 2 comes back later while objective is still flagged (FLAG=1) and stays until keep is combat ends, receiving TOTAL - BASE* - KILLS1*
        This way they don't double dip the Base tick and don't get credit for the part they missed, but also don't lose AP for defending/attacking another objective.
      • Player 3 arrives late and stays until combat ends, so no internal flag previously set, receiving TOTAL - KILLS1, still getting the Base tick and getting the AP for the portion of the kills they were present for.
    • Once combat ends, the internal flag for that objective is cleared. (FLAG = 0, KILLS1=KILLS2=0)

This code structure could be attached per resource and tied to the character

This way the server would only keep track of one overall total tick, it would calculate (and reward immediately) AP when someone departs, and only internal flags would have to be monitored if someone rejoined the fight again? There would be additional variables/calculations per character, but I would think it would still be well within the server's capabilities.

Not having to linger for the tick is the ultimate goal, right?
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on April 6, 2018 12:21PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here is some news about Cyrodiil for update 18 (the Summerset update). There are more things coming for the update besides what is listed here and we’ll detail those in the coming months, but here’s a start:

Server Performance: Several requirements that were part of ability passives have been converted to server side encoded checks, which will cut down on requirements ran per ability use.

Client Performance: We have increased the amount of cpu cores used by the client which should improve framerate for players on mid to high end CPU's on PC platforms. On consoles and PC we have improved how characters are composited resulting in faster character loads and less framerate spikes.

Defense ticks no longer require you to sit and wait in an objective for the tick. Instead, each type of objective will track whether you’ve earned credit towards a defense or offense tick. Earning the offense or defense "tick" is pretty easy, and you earn credit for pretty much everything except standing there doing nothing. Offense ticks still have a base value that will be granted regardless of being on the credit list, but any bonus AP earned by combat around and inside an objective will only be granted to players that are on the credit lists.

You can be on several credit lists for a Keep superstructure of a Keep, Mine, Lumbermill and Farm and earn Defense ticks for each of them, however if you defend or attack a new Keep superstructure, your credit will be removed.

On top of that, we've increased the amount of Alliance Points you can earn from a Keep Defense with a multiplier based on the lowest ranking Resource of that keep. This is meant to encourage defending the entire superstructure of a Keep and it's supporting structures.

Lastly regarding Keeps themselves, we’ve added a new Keep Upgrade to more defensive siege weapons. The higher the keep levels are on wood, food and ore, the more siege weapons defenders can place.

New daily quests have been added with a new quest board. These quests will grant Cyrodiil exclusive costume pieces and other goodies.

Under-population and Underdog evaluation periods have been drastically reduced. This will result in scoring adjustments being applied more frequently depending on population and scoring within shorter time periods.

Monsters/guards in CP Enabled campaigns have learned how to deal with CP enabled characters. They will be a bit harder to kill and hit a bit harder.

Catapults now have their area damage stick around in the world for a period of time after impact resulting in better area denial. Ballista have been rebalanced to do more damage vs. Siege weapons and damage vs. players has been reduced.

There is more info for Cyrodiil and update 18 coming in the next few months, but until then we will see you in the war!

That's one good update to look forward to. Especially the part where defenders can have more siege if they have the resources, as now it makes sense to get the resources for the attackers even more.

Looking forward to this...
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."