The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cyrodiil Updates for Update 18

• shaank0b14_ESO
    shaank0b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I just came back after quitting a little after lauinch due to the bugs and such and i have become completely enthralled with the game leveling up my 39 nightblade (where i left off) to 50, now sitting at 86 CP. I did a few veteran dungeons and it completely changed the skill requirements that i like... its a lot harder and more challenging. the quests and being able to play with people lower and higher then me, being able to travel where i wa want waws great. Overall I have had fun with everything so far.

I then decided to go into cyrodill (knowing id get wrecked due to lack of gear, so i decided i would shoot from a distance and i encountered game breaking lag to where skills would not go off. I was dieing instantly from attacks i could see no animations from. people were shooting all over the place due to spikes in lag.

it definitely ruined the experience., I am definitely a pvper at heart especially when it comes to roaming as a solo or small group. So i really hope this changes things for the better. after 4 years i don't think there is any valid excuse to why this still exists in game.

Guild Wars 2 WvW does not have these issues. i think the systems are very similar. Thankfully you made this post, and thankfully i didn't hop into cyrodill right away because had i experienced the lag I would of uninstalled on the spot.

I really hope you fix these issues.
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever you did in the most recent patch has made crashes occur way more often in Cyrodiil on console. Please reverse.

I hope this isn’t another sign of another busted attempt to fix performance.
  • Jadokis
    Jadokis
    ✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    The new stuff look interesting, except:

"Monsters/guards in CP Enabled campaigns have learned how to deal with CP enabled characters. They will be a bit harder to kill and hit a bit harder."
    mpbop.jpg

It's either buff them or take them out of the game, since cyro guards are just in a state of where if they don't drop a nice timely negate they may as well not be there.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jadokis wrote: »

"Monsters/guards in CP Enabled campaigns have learned how to deal with CP enabled characters. They will be a bit harder to kill and hit a bit harder."
    mpbop.jpg

It's either buff them or take them out of the game, since cyro guards are just in a state of where if they don't drop a nice timely negate they may as well not be there.

Slight buff would be ok

Big buff is boring and counter productive

What is the point of going pvp if your main task is killing npcs?

I hope this is only a small buff. If not be like they took the boring part of no cp campaign (npc killing) and kept the boring part of cp campaign alltogether in one (useless sieges weapons)
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This all sounds pretty sweet, can't wait.
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Not sure I understand the tick changes, but we shall see!

Let me give it a shot. Previously keeps and thier resources had areas painted around them that you needed to be within to get credit and AP from the tick. Since defense ticks occur after fighting in an area ended for a certain amount of time, players would wait around in the keep, killing the momentum their team had after a successful fight. Especially since areas do not overlap, though they have been tweaked to try and combat this.

Now we will get credit for just for participating in fights at the keep, and any or all of the three resources around them without having to wait in any one area. This has potential to make Cyrodiil objective play more fast-paced with quicker turnarounds and fewer breaks in the action.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Why wouldn't the AMD Jaguar 8 core processor in the PS4 also use additional cores?

Also regarding siege damage have you not been in Cyrodiil behind a fire ballista and watched players just standing in your siege fire taunting you taking no damage out healing the siege?
    Edited by TequilaFire on April 4, 2018 2:17AM
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quad Cores will see a slight increase but the processors with higher cores will see a greater impact. <-- code gang confirmed 2.0

Is there a limit to the amount of cores it can use? There are 18 core processors available so..
  • patents
    patents
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

kudos to most of that update cept for the ballista changes

just wanna highlight my point of view

- ballista is probably the most popular way for average and mediocre players like us to have a chance to kill someone in cyrodill

- siege weapon should remain a fearsome weapon rather than how some players just stand in the siege fire and laugh it off

- if the average players can't have fun killing anyone 1v1 or via siege weapon, there's a high chance that "WE" are going back to tamriel and population will dwindle in cyrodill

- "WE" are the reasons why the elites have more fun becos we are easy frags

- when "WE" leave, the elites have less frags and it gets more boring for them too

- ZOS should think of it as a mechanism to plug the hole between the strong and the weak so that the weak has a chance and can contribute and feel useful, please dont nerf siege weapon player damage
    Edited by patents on April 4, 2018 4:43AM
  • patents
    patents
    ✭✭✭
    "Catapults now have their area damage stick around in the world for a period of time after impact resulting in better area denial"

anyone know what does this mean?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    patents wrote: »
    "Catapults now have their area damage stick around in the world for a period of time after impact resulting in better area denial"

anyone know what does this mean?

I was about to write something, when I came to the sudden realization that - i'm not really sure...

all I could think of was that the meatbag would defile an area for several seconds versus instantaneous...

but, i'm not sure what that might mean for the scattershot catapult...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I remember reading somewhere that npc guards would start dropping loot...

by any chance - does anyone else remember reading that?
    Edited by geonsocal on April 4, 2018 3:11AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see you back on the forums @ZOS_BrianWheeler . It has been a while.
    Edited by Vanthras79 on April 4, 2018 3:12AM
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope siege weapons remain usefull in no cp and becomes more usefull in cp campaign

• Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow that’s great to hear can’t wait!
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did anyone else read this and instantly think not in a million years will this actually be implemented properly?
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it's not like you die to them in no cp, I have too many nightmares of bubble, stun, negate. it is just frustrating to fight. Atleast in cp you can kill them quick enough.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

mpbop.jpg

IC-sewer bosses will basically one-shot people now xD (Implying they didn´t already do that)
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, well, well, look at that. Only took two or so years, but keep this up and I might even consider buying Summerset.
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am just going to casually slip this in here. My 2 cents. Glad to see some of the proposals align with what is coming to fruition.

image]
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hello mister wheeler sir, seeing as how you're actively engaged in following this thread of yours - any chance you may be thinking of implementing some type of faction hopping timer...

no doubt you're probably much aware of some of the "turmoil" caused by the ability of players to play on multiple alliances within the same campaign map...

any possibility of coding in a faction swapping time restriction...

seeing how most campaign pvpers are acutely aware of stable training (and the joy that comes along with max stats) - how about a 20 hour timer in between faction swaps...

I don't think there is much question regarding the amount of good will that would generate within our group...

lots of good reasons for letting folks change from time to time - however, no question the practice causes a good bit of grief amongst the player population...

we need to come to some comprise and address this concern that many of us share....
    Edited by geonsocal on April 4, 2018 7:36AM
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Any comments on the Vulkan renderer maybe?
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

it's not like you die to them in no cp, I have too many nightmares of bubble, stun, negate. it is just frustrating to fight. Atleast in cp you can kill them quick enough.

Yeah, I think there needs to be a better alignment between stam and mag when fighting those mobs. When playing ranged magica (sorc of magblade for example), the constant negates, eclipses and stuns are a nightmare. Can't tell you how many resources I've cleared on magsorc with only curse, mages wrath and DW heavy attacks.... lol.

But when attacking a resource with a stam toon - most hove this stuff has next to no impact.

The biggest problem, though is when encountering an enemy player in such circumstances. I get that the guards should give him an advantage - but the point is, when playing a stam toon, the impact is much, much smaller than with mag.

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vilestride wrote: »
    I am just going to casually slip this in here. My 2 cents. Glad to see some of the proposals align with what is coming to fruition.

image]

Where is this from? That's a fake, right?
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Define 'fake' in this context :P
    Edited by Vilestride on April 4, 2018 10:06AM
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know. I know nothing about pvp so I can't tell. It looks like copied from this forum, but admin accounts don't post, so...
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Octopuss it's a fake. Player made for a podcast. Although some of the things on that list are things we've all been wanting for a long time.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the ticks change is pretty simple. I'm fighting at Aleswell, defending, we secure the keep but it's still flagged. I can now ride to the farm, defend there, and not miss out on the d-tick from the immediate keep defense.

If I ride to Bleakers before the ticks are awarded and engage I loose out and now I'm on the Bleakers credit list not the Aleswell superstructure list.

Also no more afk for AP... Pretty sweet.

Yeah, I like the change for the AFK AP. However, I am a little concerned as some of you are about this actually causing an even bigger bottleneck with the length of time it takes for keeps to in-flag. Sometimes, those ticks TAKE FOREVER.
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    Lost count of the PVP performance improvements that have been released, be nice if this is the first actual one,
    You can be on several credit lists for a Keep superstructure of a Keep, Mine, Lumbermill and Farm and earn Defense ticks for each of them, however if you defend or attack a new Keep superstructure, your credit will be removed.
    umm so still able to lose def ticks if you go def another superstructure too quick? not sure why you'd want to remove players from credit lists
    Edited by Cuthceol on April 4, 2018 12:43PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lost count of the PVP performance improvements that have been released, be nice if this is the first actual one,
    You can be on several credit lists for a Keep superstructure of a Keep, Mine, Lumbermill and Farm and earn Defense ticks for each of them, however if you defend or attack a new Keep superstructure, your credit will be removed.
    umm so still able to lose def ticks if you go def another superstructure too quick? not sure why you'd want to remove players from credit lists

Yeah I am also concerned that you may be required to decide between staying for the tick or porting to another keep that is under siege before it gets flagged. Either way, nothing is changing from the way it is now. You are either waiting around for the tick and not getting to the under siege keep in time, or you leave to defend the other keep and miss out on the tick. And when you defend a keep for 20 minutes and lose a 10K tick because you need to defend another keep, it's kind of disheartening and doesn't really aid in promoting keep defense.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for this, particularly the defense ticks. Would still like to see a slight increase in damage of trebuchet damage against players and maybe certain catapults as well..but this is a great start.