Anyone else disappointed?

• Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are people not understanding that you can exhaust all of your resources and then use undo to refill it all?
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are people not understanding that you can exhaust all of your resources and then use undo to refill it all?

I find it absurd that people are passing judgement on a skill line they haven't played yet.
    Options
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

I find it absurd that people are passing judgement on a skill line they haven't played yet.

Agreed, and one would have to fully exhaust all their resources within 4 seconds to gain it all back. And since it is an ultimate it is not something one can spam. And, with PTS who knows what changes they might make.

The positional part of it is intriguing to me. One could go in close deal damage and take hits for 4 seconds and then retreat back to a safer distance.
    Options
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds good to me. And it looks beautiful. I’m very excited about jewelry crafting. I plan to pre-order right away.
    Options
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell no - this is ESO!

There's always another adventure just over the hill.

I appreciate the level of detail ZoS consistently delivers. Keep it up.
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It´s too soon for me. I´ll decide omce we know more about the new skill line.
    Options
  • Jtj87
    Jtj87
    ✭✭✭
    I won't be spending anymore money until there is a full fledged combat revamp. This game severely needs it. Probably the worst combat in a AAA mmo I've experienced.
    Options
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MickeyBN wrote: »
    Just watched the trailer and read up on Summerset...meh.
    I have NEVER been more excited for a game update in my life. I'm getting EXACTLY what I've wanted from ESO since the game launched.

o:)B)o:)
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me or are we going to a Hogwarts with better weather and nice beaches?

really?

you think hermione will be there?

I hope so...

https://youtu.be/uwfdFCP3KYM
    Options
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malthorne wrote: »
    Kajuratus wrote: »
    why is Alinor full of stone buildings? Have the High Elf architects not figured out how to build buildings out of poetry? Why do the Dunmer get mushroom towers where wizards live, but the High Elves can't have a beautiful glass city?

Is it the same boring architecture from Auridon?

Its similaire . https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/updates/chapter/summerset

d0ff82eabd2a82657064ad835759e02c.jpg

Its pretty freaking majestic tbh

Thank you for posting that. ZOS appears to be getting much better at building cities but it just doesn’t look as magical as I had hoped.

Now imagine those towers as glass instead of stone
    Options
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited for it! Everything that I wanted, except the lack of glass architecture was a bit of a disappointment, and the lack of Spellcrafting - though Artaeum and the skill line make up for that as I thought that was going to be an additional DLC later in the year. Still hope to see spellcrafting eventually though, but in the meantime, yay Summerset.
    Options
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    why is Alinor full of stone buildings? Have the High Elf architects not figured out how to build buildings out of poetry? Why do the Dunmer get mushroom towers where wizards live, but the High Elves can't have a beautiful glass city?

Its similaire . https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/updates/chapter/summerset

Thank you for posting that. ZOS appears to be getting much better at building cities but it just doesn’t look as magical as I had hoped.

Yeah, it´s kinda disappointing that they haven´t followed the lore on altmer architecture. At least I hope that cities will look like real cities, instead of little villages with less than 20 buildings, like many of the big "cities" we already have.
    Options
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not excited, but I'll give it a time. Maybe later I will like this new dlc.
    Also I'm worried about these large Disney-like cities, because I remember that large cities like Orsinium generate a huge lag and slow down loading graphics thus fast movement in such places is limited.
    Due to this I generally avoid Orsinium and never has a chance to like these overwhealming structures.
    Edited by Gargath on March 21, 2018 9:52PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
    Options
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The reveal of Summerset was the last straw. Turning one of the most mysterious places in Tamriel in to yet another generic, derivative, medieval european landscape (as if we don't have enough of those in ESO) was the last straw.

ZOS interprets “hypnotic, swirling ramparts made of glass or giant insect wings” as “medieval stone castles”. Because of course they do. Because they refuse to do anything else.

This entire series is creatively bankrupt. This was their chance to show us what they could do without riding on the coat-tails of past games. This is what we got.

I now know how Star Wars fans felt during The Phantom Menace.

The people in charge of this series have no interest in following through with the amazing, creative ideas they came up with all those years ago. Unless they have no other choice, they will always go for the most boring interpretation of Tamriel possible. And then we're stuck picking up the pieces of our shattered perception of a world we no longer recognize.

Everything I loved about this series is a transcription error. I'm done.
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
    Options
  • Demycilian
    Demycilian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah, not too disappointed. It seems to be as unimpressive as i thought it would be. And that trailer... lol
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    I wrote a whole thing out but I'm too sad and disappointed to even finish it. It wasn't very nice and I feel like I'm better than that, so I'm just gonna f'off for a good while :/

One request though. If possible, the UESP guys who so generously provided us with all that amazing datamined information, could you respond to the fact that Spellcrafting is absent from the reveal? Do you believe there is any hope at all that this system might be included later on? Or can you find a place for all those datamined assets solely within the Summerset area/quests/gimmicky Psijic skill line? You obviously are under no obligation to answer me, I'm just really curious what your thoughts are.

Looking back at all the updates we got, I think we'll have to admit that the most important system updates actually didn't come from chapters, but DLC and base game updates. This idea that chapters have to add something game-changing only exists because ZOS decided to market them as expansions.
    Housing, Transmutation, Outfitting, etc didn't come with chapters, so I guess Spellcrafting doesn't have to, either. We were just giving ZOS the benefit of the doubt because it didn't seem like there was anything else game-changing to add to the next chapter. Turns out, there isn't.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    psychotrip wrote: »

The reveal of Summerset was the last straw. Turning one of the most mysterious places in Tamriel in to yet another generic, derivative, medieval european landscape (as if we don't have enough of those in ESO) was the last straw.

ZOS interprets “hypnotic, swirling ramparts made of glass or giant insect wings” as “medieval stone castles”. Because of course they do. Because they refuse to do anything else.

This entire series is creatively bankrupt. This was their chance to show us what they could do without riding on the coat-tails of past games. This is what we got.

The people in charge of this series have no interest in following through with the amazing, creative ideas they came up with all those years ago. Unless they have no other choice, they will always go for the most boring interpretation of Tamriel possible. And then we're stuck picking up the pieces of our shattered perception of a world we no longer recognize.

Can I have your stuff?
    Options
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope hyped, never expected new class, especially Rich said themselves they will wait with the next class for a little time so probably we will get a new class every 2-3 year, plus there is enough content for me in the island (trial the quest, probably 2 public dungeons, dungeons maybe new BG game mode and such)
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
    Options
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention I'm a bit disapointed that Queen Ayrenn and Raz may be the story characters again, I already have enough of these two exploited heroes.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.
    Options
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes, this reminds me of the newest Star Wars movies. They lost all the initial charm in search of appealing a wider audience, showing that all they had lost in ideas and creativity they had acquired in greed and foolishness. TES is starting to feel that way. We are loosing to much of lore in exchange of nothing. I know this is a MMO, but, given the setting, it should be more careful with a lore that has more than 20 years. I longed to see something very special and new. We have Renaissance Italy full of elves.

That´s my opinion.
    Edited by TelvanniWizard on March 21, 2018 10:02PM
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im dissapointed because the game as a product isnt working right, its buggy and laggy and has been for years now, why bother getting excited. Its like someone saying they will put new tires on your car, but your cars engine has been broken for years already and you havent been enjoying driving it for a while already....

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll say ...
    The city [ Cloudrest ] features an unusual mixture of architectural styles, with vine-like buildings built on top of other, older structures. The oldest of all the ruins are made of coral, which must have been carried many miles away from the sea. The material and the style of the ruins strongly suggest that the Sload may have had a hand in their construction.

a2b6c963cc6e4c2f951188a16f59294b.jpg

!?!?
    Edited by Faulgor on March 21, 2018 10:05PM
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • vrine
    vrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So disappointed in the architecture. Summerset has been hyped up for so long as having very descriptive, beautiful glass buildings. Yet here's generic Auridon architecture 2.0.
    @vrine
    PC - NA - DC
    Altoholic [15/15]

Flo - Khajiit - DK WW - Tank - lvl50
    Uxith - Argonian - Sorc Vamp - DPS - lvl50
    Both - Imperial - Temp WW - DPS - lvl 50
    Skua - Khajiit - Temp - DPS - lvl 50
    Little Marmoset - Bosmer - Warden PVP - DPS - lvl 50
    Borrows-A-Feeling - Argonian - Temp PVP - Healer - lvl 50

Options
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, this reminds me of the newest Star Wars movies. They lost all the initial charm in search of appealing a wider audience, showing that all they had lost in ideas and creativity they had acquired in greed and foolishness. TES is starting to feel that way. We are loosing to much of lore in exchange of nothing. I know this is a MMO, but, given the setting, it should be more careful with a lore that has more than 20 years. I longed to see something very special and new. We have Renaissance Italy full of elves.

That´s my opinion.

The "streamlining for general audiences" argument falls apart when you remember the most popular MMO in history has talking cows and goat aliens.

Making your world more mundane doesn't help it reach a wider audience.

It's creative bankruptcy and fear. Nothing more.
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
    Options
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    if zos would add a difficulty slider that would be good
    PC-NA
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vrine wrote: »
    So disappointed in the architecture. Summerset has been hyped up for so long as having very descriptive, beautiful glass buildings. Yet here's generic Auridon architecture 2.0.

Tbh what did you expect? $$$ > lore (look at all the Crown Store stuff).
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing about this says "expansion" to me. This is no dif than the Gold coast or Hews Bayne. Those are DLC's and so this should be also. Jewlery crafting is about 2 years too late imo.

I unsubbed for the first time in 4 years. I wont be spending another cent on this game until they do something innovative and new.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
    Options
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, it´s kinda disappointing that they haven´t followed the lore on altmer architecture. At least I hope that cities will look like real cities, instead of little villages with less than 20 buildings, like many of the big "cities" we already have.

The lore on Altmer buildings is 'account' based. Since when has Elder Scrolls lore ever been taken as gospel when inside of a book or written by an NPC? That is literally the fabric of this universe. Things get lost, exaggerated, etc. over the generations. This is Summerset in the 2nd Era.
    Edited by SirAxen on March 23, 2018 10:01PM
    Options
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAxen wrote: »

The lore on Altmer buildings is 'account' based. Since when has Elder Scrolls lore ever been taken as gospel when inside of a book or written by an NPC? That is literally the fabric of this universe. This get lots, exaggerated, etc. over the generations. This is Summerset in the 2nd Era.

You're missing the point.

Everything in the Elder Scrolls is open for interpretation. We all know that.

Zenimax still decided to go with the most mundane interpretation possible. Because of course they did. When they don't have past games to work from that's all they can do.

Options