Anyone else disappointed?

MickeyBN
MickeyBN
✭✭✭✭
Just watched the trailer and read up on Summerset...meh.

Was hoping for a new class or race orrr I dunno something exciting, crafting jewellery does nothing for me and the psijic combat line is going to be a gimmick that will wear off quickly.

Sigh...boring.
Vaelerys Nightborn - Bosmer Nightblade PC NA
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its over that fast ?
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Mettaricana No it's still going on.
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to watch the stream, everything is already summarized here:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26341?Ankündigung-von-The-Elder-Scrolls-Online:-Summerset
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Edited by Aliyavana on March 21, 2018 8:20PM
    Options
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same Morrowind music on the trailer... That's the dissapointing part for me lol

Rest was expected thanks to datamine efforts.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
    Options
  • ANGEL_BtVS
    ANGEL_BtVS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope. I'm excited.
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looks great. All I wanted was narrative, to be honest. But jewelry crafting sounds great.

Story sounds epic.
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did they announce the jesters festival? Was watching but I missed it or they didn't say anything
    Options
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nah, Trial, new skilline, jewlerycrafting. sounds good
    PC
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks cool to me, can't wait for the jewelry crafting - no doubt with 9 jewlery traits it'll take a little while to learn...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilithyania wrote: »

Sounds like a dlc...
    Options
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its gonna be amazing. Waiting for the physical collectors edition to pop up so I can buy it.
    Options
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks pretty, but seems underwhelming for a chapter.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
    Options
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YEP not paying for this crap not worth the price tag.
    Playing since January 23, 2016
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LadyAstrum wrote: »

Perhaps the problem is you expected a chapter to be more than a DLC. Chapters are of the size of Orsinium.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on March 21, 2018 8:32PM
    Options
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im not dissappointed at all. Had low expectations, will buy it anyways.
    Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Disappointed? Oh hell no. :)

I'm thrilled. I guess if you're an edgy sort, all the high elf stuff would be "meh" but I'm sick of daedric stuff.

Pre-ordering, without a doubt.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it but devils lurk in details.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.

Exactly what I was expecting:

New Zone.
    Psijiic skill line.
    Jewelry crafting.

Was wondering what else would be in there to make it worthwhile as a true expansion - I guess the Trial is what will have to do for that.

Interested in the jewelry crafting and new traits for that.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MickeyBN wrote: »

Was hoping for a new class or race orrr I dunno something exciting, crafting jewellery does nothing for me and the psijic combat line is going to be a gimmick that will wear off quickly.

Sigh...boring.

I guess you missed the part where they said it's the biggest playable zone in the game so far with 30+ hours of new quests.
    Options
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    LadyAstrum wrote: »

Perhaps the problem is you expected a chapter to be more than a DLC. Chapters are of the size of Orsinium.

Yes, quite possibly.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sigh...boring.

Jewelry crafting has more traits.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can't wait to let my orc poop all over that pretty place...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not at all - I literally got tingly when watching some of the landscape footage! It's beautiful and I can't wait to go there!
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not disappointed at all, probably more hyped than before even knowing what we knew.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilithyania wrote: »

Sounds like a dlc...

and there it is.... how is this a "chapter" exactly? Could a thrown us a GOBLIN playable race at least. :(
    Edited by QuebraRegra on March 21, 2018 8:34PM
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess there will always be disappointment for some, and excitement for others - such is human nature. Personally I'm looking forward to it with great anticipation - the videos were great, and it's what I was hoping for, namely a large playable land mass based around an epic storyline plus a new crafting profession and a new combat skill line.

The one thing I would have liked when they talked about a new starting experience in Summerset is clarification as to whether all character creation will be transferred there as happened with Morrowind, or whether there will now be a choice of starting locations for new characters.
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Remag_Div wrote: »

Sigh...boring.

I guess you missed the part where they said it's the biggest playable zone in the game so far with 30+ hours of new quests.

Biggest zone meaning what? Make sure your horse is leveled? I mean, I'm fine with what it is since I'm all about the story.
    Options
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remag_Div wrote: »

Sigh...boring.

I did miss that, that does sound nice
    Options
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So there's a quest line you must complete to save the Altmer from destruction. I'm usually a completionist.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2400CP
    Options