Anyone else disappointed?

• mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have to say it does look a bit disappointing in terms of what we're getting.

I dont care about stupid little "cute" pets and 30 hours of questing where you sneeze and the final boss dies -.-

Okay we get a skill line but meh, was expecting more
    Options
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone is entitled to feel how they want. I, for one, am beyond stoked. I'm way more ready for this than I was for Morrowind. Besides, they just touched on the large stuff coming in the update. There will be new iterations and tweaks to existing systems and gamemodes like always. We have no idea about the entirety of the update yet.
    Options
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kajuratus wrote: »
    why is Alinor full of stone buildings? Have the High Elf architects not figured out how to build buildings out of poetry? Why do the Dunmer get mushroom towers where wizards live, but the High Elves can't have a beautiful glass city?

Is it the same boring architecture from Auridon?
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    psychotrip wrote: »
    Everything I was hoping for about Summerset, it's people, all the creative weirdness Bethesda came up with years ago...they just threw it in the damn garbage with the rest of their "transcription errors".

Barring Artaeum (which is admittedly pretty cool), Summerset is one of the blandest, most generic medieval fantasy landscapes I've seen in my entire life.

What happened to the shining city of Alinor? Made of giant, colorful glass skyscrappers? Where's the sun birds? This is apparently what we've been waiting for for so long. This boring, generic medieval european landscape (because we don't have enough of those in ESO) is the ancient, magical, strange, mysterious Summerset Isle.

I'm done.

And then they try to sell it as "high fantasy" ...
    I'm also bothered they didn't even create different architectural styles like they did for Morrowind. All the cities look the same. It's Auridon 2.0.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    not at all disappointed.

new skill line, jewellery crafting, new lands to explore.

more raz...
    Options
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll buy it but I'm sad that it doesn't have any new dungeons. I don't do trials. The map looks pretty but very similar to Auridon so nothing new there.
    I was expecting more changes or new things like they added in MOrrowind.
    At least is $30 instead of $40? :/
    Options
  • grizzledcroc
    grizzledcroc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malthorne wrote: »
    why is Alinor full of stone buildings? Have the High Elf architects not figured out how to build buildings out of poetry? Why do the Dunmer get mushroom towers where wizards live, but the High Elves can't have a beautiful glass city?

Its similaire . https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/updates/chapter/summerset

d0ff82eabd2a82657064ad835759e02c.jpg

Its pretty freaking majestic tbh
    Options
  • grizzledcroc
    grizzledcroc
    ✭✭✭✭
    1c3b8839bc2de93814732922e91ccf15.jpg
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suppose it will depend on the mount. Heck they sell mounts for 40 bucks so if it is a nice one I’ll just be happy i comes with other stuff too.

But over all it is hard for me not to be.
    Options
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Story sounds like it will be fun, Psijic skill line has definitely got me interested...can't wait to hear more and the place looks really good. A new race would have been nice and the Gryphons look a bit cheesy but I can live with that.

Hyped.
    Edited by greylox on March 21, 2018 9:02PM
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

Options
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me or are we going to a Hogwarts with better weather and nice beaches?
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only disappointment was no real PVP update

Its like, they want it to stagnate and die
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

Options
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leogon wrote: »
    I'm hyped af! The entire zone of Summerset with like 30+ hours of questing, Razum-dar and Queen Ayrenn are back, a new skill line, jewelry crafting, a new trial and new homes(they didn't talk about them but I'm pretty sure there will be a room, small, medium, large and manor sized home).

Well, Morrowind had 30+ hours of questing as well ... so don't expect too much.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      Options
    • LadyAstrum
      LadyAstrum
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I am a tad underwhelmed, but I pre-ordered anyway, as did my boyfriend. Want that pre-order swag :p
      Edited by LadyAstrum on March 21, 2018 9:03PM
      ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
      Options
    • Yolokin_Swagonborn
      Yolokin_Swagonborn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      More like BUMMERSET, amirite?
      Options
    • red_emu
      red_emu
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      That "undo" skill will be the new cancer of PvP
      PC - EU:
      Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
      Falathren - AD StamSorc
      Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
      Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
      Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
      Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
      Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
      Options
    • exeeter702
      exeeter702
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      MickeyBN wrote: »
      Just watched the trailer and read up on Summerset...meh.

Was hoping for a new class or race orrr I dunno something exciting, crafting jewellery does nothing for me and the psijic combat line is going to be a gimmick that will wear off quickly.

Sigh...boring.

My personal opinions aside, the skill line will be nore more a gimmick than mages guild or fighters guild.

Ie its not going to be a gimmick.
      Options
    • QuebraRegra
      QuebraRegra
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      greylox wrote: »
      Story sounds like it will be fun, Psijic skill line has definitely got me interested...can't wait to hear more and the place looks really good. A new race would have been nice and the Gryphons look a bit cheesy but I can live with that.

Hyped.

you haven't fought a Gryphon until you've played DRAGONS DOGMA!
      Options
    • Parasaurolophus
      Parasaurolophus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Faulgor wrote: »
      All the cities look the same. It's Auridon 2.0.
      Its not Auridon 2.0. Its looks loke Disneyland.
      Edited by Parasaurolophus on March 21, 2018 9:06PM
      PC/EU
      Options
    • essi2
      essi2
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      This is Morrowind - A class + Jewelry crafting. I enjoyed Morrowind enough, getting the Digital CE Upgrade this time around.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Why is the 'free' Morrowind copy not giftable?
      "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
      Options
    • myskyrim26
      myskyrim26
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No. The chapter is awesome.
      Options
    • Jura23
      Jura23
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The trailer is super cheap. One cute she-elf looking into the camera, Razum Dar voice and that's all. Yes, I'm disappointed and definitely not buying.
      Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
      Options
    • jedtb16_ESO
      jedtb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Is it just me or are we going to a Hogwarts with better weather and nice beaches?

really?

you think hermione will be there?
      Options
    • grizzledcroc
      grizzledcroc
      ✭✭✭✭

It is called SUMMERset ;D
      Options
    • JD2013
      JD2013
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      That did not take long.
      Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
      Order of Sithis
      The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
      https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
      Options
    • Pendrillion
      Pendrillion
      ✭✭✭✭
      Balamoor wrote: »

This lore was around when Rowling was still a welfare mom and deciding what to do with her life.

And yet the architecture and griffins... resembles a lot of what we saw on the productions design of Harry Potter and related movies...
      Options
    • Kajuratus
      Kajuratus
      ✭✭✭
      Malthorne wrote: »

Its similaire . https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/updates/chapter/summerset

d0ff82eabd2a82657064ad835759e02c.jpg

Its pretty freaking majestic tbh

the sad thing is, it should be 10x more majestic than stone buildings. Sure, they got the impossibly high towers right, but Alinor was described as a glass city, where the architecture is said to be reminiscent of insect wings. The Dunmer get to have giant mushroom towers where wizards live, they even have a shell of a giant emperor crab that people live in, but the High Elves, the pinnacle of technology, the most magically advanced race in Tamriel, get boring stone buildings instead of beautiful glass cities?
      So the Dark Elves have weird alien architecture, where people live in mushroom towers and the shell of a giant crab, but the High Elves, the pinnacle of technology, the most magically advanced race in Tamriel, are still stuck in slightly pretty, fairly tall stone buildings? Not even a hint of a glass city? Are stainless glass windows really enough to claim that a city is made of glass?
      Options
    • Kajuratus
      Kajuratus
      ✭✭✭
      Balamoor wrote: »

[Snip].

So why is Alinor not a glass city? Wheres the insect wing like architecture? In TES, you can have armour made out of glass, so why can't the Altmer have glass buildings?
      Edited by ZOS_KatP on March 22, 2018 4:52PM
      So the Dark Elves have weird alien architecture, where people live in mushroom towers and the shell of a giant crab, but the High Elves, the pinnacle of technology, the most magically advanced race in Tamriel, are still stuck in slightly pretty, fairly tall stone buildings? Not even a hint of a glass city? Are stainless glass windows really enough to claim that a city is made of glass?
      Options
    • Cireous
      Cireous
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I wrote a whole thing out but I'm too sad and disappointed to even finish it. It wasn't very nice and I feel like I'm better than that, so I'm just gonna f'off for a good while :/

One request though. If possible, the UESP guys who so generously provided us with all that amazing datamined information, could you respond to the fact that Spellcrafting is absent from the reveal? Do you believe there is any hope at all that this system might be included later on? Or can you find a place for all those datamined assets solely within the Summerset area/quests/gimmicky Psijic skill line? You obviously are under no obligation to answer me, I'm just really curious what your thoughts are.
      Options
    • Bansidhe1965
      Underwhelmed...but I'll be buying it,was hoping for better housing etc.,and why are the pre prder mounts all on fire yet again ?
      The bridges burning behind us merely light our way forward PC-NA Main: Hepzebah Mag / sorc
      Options