Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Xbox Live™ service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Anyone else disappointed?

• Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭
    why is Alinor full of stone buildings? Have the High Elf architects not figured out how to build buildings out of poetry? Why do the Dunmer get mushroom towers where wizards live, but the High Elves can't have a beautiful glass city?
    So the Dark Elves have weird alien architecture, where people live in mushroom towers and the shell of a giant crab, but the High Elves, the pinnacle of technology, the most magically advanced race in Tamriel, are still stuck in slightly pretty, fairly tall stone buildings? Not even a hint of a glass city? Are stainless glass windows really enough to claim that a city is made of glass?
    Options
  • shauny.gibbsb16_ESO
    really nothing there for me to spend my cash on tbh, bought the 1st Chapter wasn't overly impressed and this seems no more than a regular DLC update to me. Sadly disappointing.
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im so excited for this. What Im disappointed in is that Amazon doesnt have the CE up yet for sale.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive already given them my money
    Options
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell no! Just submitted my pre-order!

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2290+
    Options
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another literally no content DLC that won't be included in ESO+ but you still have to buy it to remain competitive in pvp

Wow it's Morrowind 2.0 who would have guessed
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remag_Div wrote: »
    MickeyBN wrote: »
    Just watched the trailer and read up on Summerset...meh.

Was hoping for a new class or race orrr I dunno something exciting, crafting jewellery does nothing for me and the psijic combat line is going to be a gimmick that will wear off quickly.

Sigh...boring.

I guess you missed the part where they said it's the biggest playable zone in the game so far with 30+ hours of new quests.

I didn't hear them say that, I heard them say that it was a larger playable land mass than Morrowind, and that it included 30 hours of quests. I'm not sure they compared it to the rest of the game, but maybe I missed that.
    Options
  • KrisG_83
    KrisG_83
    Looks fantastic, cant wait personally
    Options
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The changes to jurly alone are worth it for me. The Psijic skill line may even fill some gaps on my magplar. We'll see.

https://youtu.be/18bV0pFaXmk
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
    Options
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very sorry to say, but disappointed on all fronts, yes. Summerset looks as boring as you would fear given ZOS' track record with the Altmer, and there's nothing else in this chapter of any consequence. The outfit system was a bigger deal than jewelry crafting or the new skill line.
    Morrowind at least had a new class and PvP battlegrounds, and that was already thin for an expansion.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • AsheronRealaidain
    AsheronRealaidain
    ✭✭✭
    No new PvP content but a new skill line and traits soooo PvPers will probably have to buy it anyways. Frustrating
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Asheron Realaidain | Altmer Magsorc
    Wayward Bob | Orsimer Stamplar
    Aerbax Virindi | Dunmer Magblade
    Numuhdira | Redguard Stamsorc
    Borelean Strathelar | Khajiit Stamblade
    Isin Dule | Dunmer MagDK
    Illservian Palacost | Argonian Magplar
    Lord Rytheran | Nord Stamcro
    Antius Blackmoor | Orsimer StamDK
    Xbox One X, NA
    Options
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry crafting is something I and a lot of players have been asking for for a long time.

Psijic skill line seems interesting. I would much prefer new skill lines for leveled toons than new races or classes that would entail creating a new character.

New trial. New pve content. Scenery looks awesome.

My interest is piqued.
    Edited by jssriot on March 21, 2018 8:41PM
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
    Options
  • Vimora
    Vimora
    ✭✭✭✭
    When they mentioned high fantasy and high magic I closed the browser. Well, I didn't but I should have.
    Options
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because with Morrowind we got something for PvP - Battlegrounds.
    Summer set is bigger (and costs more) but there was no single word about PvP content...
    Options
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know flying gryphon mounts are coming lol
    Options
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another literally no content DLC that won't be included in ESO+ but you still have to buy it to remain competitive in pvp

I disagree, Morrowind gave us a new class and battlegrounds. Well worth the money, in my opinion.
    Options
  • Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping for a new weapon type. Skill line is nice but using the same weapons for so long is getting boring.
    Options
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, it's basically a guild DLC (Psijic Order) bundled together with a zone/story DLC. Not too bad, but not too exciting either.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      Options
    • JasonSilverSpring
      JasonSilverSpring
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Astrid_V wrote: »
      Summer set is bigger (and costs more) but there was no single word about PvP content...

What country are you in? For me in US via ESO Store, Summerset is cheaper than Morrowind was at launch. Digital upgrade is $10 less and Digital Collector's upgrade is $20 less.
      Options
    • psychotrip
      psychotrip
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Everything I was hoping for about Summerset, it's people, all the creative weirdness Bethesda came up with years ago...they just threw it in the damn garbage with the rest of their "transcription errors".

Barring Artaeum (which is admittedly pretty cool), Summerset is one of the blandest, most generic medieval fantasy landscapes I've seen in my entire life.

What happened to the shining city of Alinor? Made of giant, colorful glass skyscrappers? Where's the sun birds? This is apparently what we've been waiting for for so long. This boring, generic medieval european landscape (because we don't have enough of those in ESO) is the ancient, magical, strange, mysterious Summerset Isle.

I'm done.

No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
      Options
    • Parasaurolophus
      Parasaurolophus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Looks like Disneyland Isles.
      Edited by Parasaurolophus on March 21, 2018 8:52PM
      PC/EU
      Options
    • WhiteCoatSyndrome
      WhiteCoatSyndrome
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      It's beautiful. Still going to wait for it to go on sale. :p
      #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
      A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
      Options
    • Cpt_Teemo
      Cpt_Teemo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

I really don't get why these chapters have to be the price of a full blown game I mean really, this is more Dlc content than any, so atleast make it 15$ not 40$ for base purchase.
      Options
    • MLGProPlayer
      MLGProPlayer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I love the aesthetic of the zone. I'm also excited that they didn't announce spellcrafting, which would break the game. Jewllery crafting will open up build diversity significantly.

Only disappointment was the lack of original music in the trailer.
      Edited by MLGProPlayer on March 21, 2018 8:57PM
      Options
    • Tandor
      Tandor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Astrid_V wrote: »

What country are you in? For me in US via ESO Store, Summerset is cheaper than Morrowind was at launch. Digital upgrade is $10 less and Digital Collector's upgrade is $20 less.

Don't lets spoil the naysayers' complaints with facts please!
      Options
    • firedrgn
      firedrgn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Im buying it now . Jewelry crafting enough for me right there. I washoping for spellcrsfring from an rp perspective, but didnt see anyways to balance it. So i didnt think we were getting that so im not disappoited.
      Options
    • Leogon
      Leogon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'm hyped af! The entire zone of Summerset with like 30+ hours of questing, Razum-dar and Queen Ayrenn are back, a new skill line, jewelry crafting, a new trial and new homes(they didn't talk about them but I'm pretty sure there will be a room, small, medium, large and manor sized home).
      Edited by Leogon on March 21, 2018 8:56PM
      Options
    • Elissae
      Elissae
      ✭✭✭
      Looks great to me, only tinge of disappointment is that there wasn't any surprise in the reveal that they managed to keep out of the dataminers' reach. :)
      Edited by Elissae on March 21, 2018 8:56PM
      Options
    • Glockcoma725
      Glockcoma725
      ✭✭✭
      Nope
      PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
      Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
      Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
      Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
      Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
      Azog the Defiler DD Warden