The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Premade groups are ruining battlegrounds...

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I rarely have entered a BG as a premade. Solo, my team has dominated so hard on occasion that the other teams may have assumed we were a premade. I wonder how often this is in fact the case for folks who believe premades cause such a huge problem.

However, when I do face a known, skilled premade, there is little chance of success. But, it can still be somewhat enjoyable. And for the few times a win can be pulled out against such a team, it feels extra rewarding. I would like a matchmaking filter for premades, but it's not a huge problem for me.

All of this is from an Xbox NA perspective.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Premades aren’t an issue, I’ve beat plenty of them the real issue with premades happen when a stacked team of good players decide to pug stomp. There’s nothing you can do about it. For this reason I rarely group up.

There’s also the fact we don’t have a match making system, sometimes I get in a match and I already know the other teams have no chance because my random group is stacked as if it was a premade.
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on March 13, 2018 7:11PM
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    yes for beginning.
    until second queue for only premade groups + pugs who want more challenge vs premades will be added.
    without this battlegrounds population is and will suck.
    Also, we need to add some idk demo for those who didn't bought Morriwind, queue for ESO plus members without some options available for morrowind owners...
    limiting, population, separation, challlenge
    Edited by Anethum on March 13, 2018 9:23PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really mind whether we have no-CP, CP, pre-mades only, no pre-mades...just please...please allow a queue option for RANDOM/FIRST AVAILABLE.

I just want to play BGs fast and not be held down by figuring out which queue has other people queuing.
    Edited by brandonv516 on March 13, 2018 10:41PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't really mind whether we have no-CP, CP, pre-mades only, no pre-mades...just please...please allow a queue option for RANDOM/FIRST AVAILABLE.

I just want to play BGs fast and not be held down by figuring out which queue has other people queuing.

Yeah it takes long enough for the queue to put me into a game with just the single queue we have, throwing in more queues will just make everyone's wait-time longer.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Premades that know they are queuing against pugs are bottom feeders, imo. Can't handle competition, and look for easy wins, then pat each other on the back for being so "awesome".

What's funny is that when Premades are only allowed to queue against Premades, they suddenly all disappear. Happens in every game that institutes a group vs group queue for pvp.

If you want to "group with friends" - go to Cyrodiil. Pugstomping is for carebears.

A lot of the best Bg players will solo queue, but will group up when a premade is encountered.

But of course, when we do group up to fight a premade, we get matched up with two teams of pugs lol
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    ... do they? I think so. It's no fun to deal with one or even two premade groups in battlegrounds.

Why is there no option to prevent this? 1 and 2 players should count as "single" and 3 and 4 player groups should count as group and be treated as such when it comes to matchmaking.

And no, it is no solution to counter premade groups with the argument "go look for a group yourself".

Only in deathmatch, or when you have group who don't know what to do
    I wonder how many people think 4 good players are "premades".

As much as people like to think ESO caters to "noobs," the combat is not forgiving at all. The better and more experienced player almost always wins.

There is premades and they easily identified by synchronous downbraker and couple of dedicated healers
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on March 15, 2018 1:53PM
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Unrelated, but it would be cool if they did a 2 team battleground some time. Especially since there is no actual faction involved.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    They really need a placement system in which higher skilled and better geared pvpers fight people closer to their skill and gear while lower geared and skilled players fight people closer to their level. While premades suck, it sucks even worse when the opposing team is 3 or 4 pvpers( premade or not) that do nothing but PVP constantly and they are put against groups that can barely point the pointy end of the sword towards the bad guy.

I was in two BGs today that one team( not mine) slaughtered every other team and won the BG by a massive landslide both times. One was a deathmatch and the other was cap the relic. Even ganging up on one of them we couldnt kill them. Get them down to a quarter HP and suddenly full health again. Meanwhile my death report had hits ranging from 6k-12k. I only have 24k HP so, you know, thats 4 hits at most but usually 2. It was boring as hell.
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Played 17 matches Saturday night, just trying to get the "win 3 battlegrounds" quest done. In all 17 matches, played against the same untouchable premade. The best part is, in over half of them, we never had more than 3 people on our team.

Was still 0-3 on that quest when I finally gave up.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Played 17 matches Saturday night, just trying to get the "win 3 battlegrounds" quest done. In all 17 matches, played against the same untouchable premade. The best part is, in over half of them, we never had more than 3 people on our team.

What server / platform?

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Thogard wrote: »

What server / platform?

what's the difference? problem the same, he coudn't win vs premades as random
    Edited by Anethum on March 23, 2018 10:35AM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    While I voted "yes," I think that "sometimes" would be a better description of my actual opinion. Not all premades are the same, even if everyone in the group is a decent player. There's a big difference between the premades that get serious with their stomping of random groups of players, and those that are just a few friends playing together without any real coordination.

I think the first type of group is honestly pretty pathetic; often times running with a perma-blocking healer, guard, and high burst damage staying in a group and always focus firing. Even when they find themselves against two random groups with plenty of not-so-good players and zero coordination, they still move together and fight a series of 4v2v1 type battles, and I don't get how they're not bored out of their minds playing in this manner. This style would be great if there was an actual competitive ranking system of premade groups fighting against each other, but as it stands right now, it makes the games a tedious waste of time.

The second type of group can sometimes be annoying - especially if their players are much better than the random ones that you end up getting grouped with - but it's not as big of a deal. These groups are often times not really coordinating their damage too much, and frequently split up around the map in groups of 1 or 2. It may not necessarily be entirely fair, but it's not the same sort of unwinnable boredom generated by the other type of group; there's definitely a possibility of beating this style of "casual" premade, at least if your teammates are solid.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    diplomatt wrote: »

What server / platform?

what's the difference? problem the same, he coudn't win vs premades as random

I was going to offer to help...

• Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so easy to find 4 persons really. WoW smallest BG has 10 ppl on 1 side and most of premades usually go to rated BGs to fight the same prems for prestige and more rewards.
    Guild Wars2 has 5x5 system but fighting against prem with pug party is a rare thing, coz there is a kind of matchmaking so ppl forming a group usually face the mirror.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how many people think 4 good players are "premades".

As much as people like to think ESO caters to "noobs," the combat is not forgiving at all. The better and more experienced player almost always wins.

But they often are premades. Teso EU community isn't big, and when I see some names I already know they're in group.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

What server / platform?

Pc NA
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

What server / platform?

Pc NA
    Nice!

Next time you get stomped by a premade, message me in game. My @ name is @thogard . I’ll try to throw a group together and chase that premade out of the BGs. My group has gotten pretty good at that, which is why we don’t group queue anymore unless there is another group to fight.

• Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

What server / platform?

Pc NA
    Nice!

Next time you get stomped by a premade, message me in game. My @ name is @thogard . I’ll try to throw a group together and chase that premade out of the BGs. My group has gotten pretty good at that, which is why we don’t group queue anymore unless there is another group to fight.

Alright, will do :)

What class do you play primarily?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

What server / platform?

Pc NA
    Nice!

Stamina warden. Tends to prompt the most rage.

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What server / platform?

Pc NA
    Nice!

Stamina warden. Tends to prompt the most rage.

Streamer rage is the most delicious rage ;)
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • BlanketFort
    BlanketFort
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don’t quite understand the hate towards pre-mades and how they are the scummiest-of-all for daring to group up and play.

I started solo in BGs, got stomped several times but never cared because, well, I don’t care dying in PvP or losing. It happens.
    After some time I’ve met other solo puggers and every now and then we team up (2/3/4-man) and just play. Sure we have voice, because PS4, but we have never talked about which classes to bring to best synergize with this or that. Everybody just brought whatever they felt like, and played however they liked. The only strategy we ever had was „oi, stop deathmatching over there and go for objectives“. We sometimes lose, sometimes we win. Most times we encounter other pre-mades, and it‘s fun even if we get stomped. It’s fun even if we get beat on by PUGs. Honestly, half the time we’re not sure if it’s pre-made or PUG, we‘re just there to play battlegrounds.

I still queue solo a lot, but it gets frustrating fast because I am usually left alone to get the objectives done while the rest of my team are off doing mini-deathmatches somewhere. I get lucky sometimes and get queued with players that also want to win through objectives, and those tend to be wins. I don’t mind fighting a pre-made even if queued solo, I don’t care losing to them, either. My only gripe is with random teammates that don’t go for objectives. That is a thousand times more annoying to me than getting farmed by pre-mades.

My point is, not all pre-mades are OP, and most pre-mades don’t go and say „hey, let’s team up and totally ruin a bunch of PUGger‘s day.“. In fact, of all the pre-mades I’ve joined, NONE of them were even trying to go for an optimal set-up, it was all casual, fun, silly, and all we did was follow the objective. And if we won we were happy, if we lost we‘d still be happy because WE HAD FUN.

Blame the system.
    Blame it for non-separated queues.
    Blame it for players that don’t care about teamwork in a PUG situation.
    But let’s not shame people for simply wanting to play with friends/others.

And yes, I’m a filthy casual.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Its not competitive enough to care about premades. Player's dont want to win they just want AP. BGs a place for PvP players to farm PvE players.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    B9ep1Ek.png
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    No
    "NO" - and here is a list of things that ruined BG:
    - broken grouping tool which didn't allow people to join BG for over 6 weeks after Morrowind release (just like locked down campaigns ruin Cyrodiil)
    - lag which causes skills not to work, bar swap to fail and doesn't let you see where players actually are (making melee strikes hard to hit and placed AOE skills to miss)
    - not being able to choose game mode in BG
    - not being able to choose CP or non-CP

Summerset update promises to bring changes to choices, but I pray that doesn't break grouping tool again (which I'd even bet it will).
  • kropsky
    kropsky
    Soul Shriven
    Zos fix this for goodness sake. It's destroying the game mode. *** hard can it be to split pre mades from unmades? Do it, and make the game better as a result.
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I tried it solo. Even if I a bad PVP player, I got like instant 30 defeats. I don't understand what is the point of this bg?
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It’s awful, but chances are they’re not premade and you’re stuck with 3 terrible players or you all have no synergy. But all the better when you’re pugged with 3 other players that are above average and absolutely wipe the floor with them and you all don’t even need to communicate. Happened a few times for me.
    Edited by Astrid on May 28, 2018 1:18AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides the poll being pointless outside of the bias OP put into it, why do people complain about premades vs making their own premade?

Seriously. Not trying to be funny. It seems like the best solution. I seriously doubt Zos will give us the opportunity to avoid getting paired against anyone grouped with another player since it would most certainly slow the queues down. Very bad idea for the game.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No champ points ruined BGs.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear