The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Werewolf Theorycrafting (PvP)

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you guys think dk is the best class for ww since the change to implosion?

Implosion was never a key reason why I used stamsorc for my werewolf. Sure it was fun when it went off and killed someone, but it was never a reliable passive for werewolfs. I'm much more fond of the reworked Implosion aka Amplitude. More consistent damage output rather than a rng proc that you can't control anyway.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Implosion was never a key reason why I used stamsorc for my werewolf. Sure it was fun when it went off and killed someone, but it was never a reliable passive for werewolfs. I'm much more fond of the reworked Implosion aka Amplitude. More consistent damage output rather than a rng proc that you can't control anyway.

That being said, for PvP StamDK is again the preferred WW choice, like from 2014-2016, because it doubles as a healing/ fight reset ulti for them. But this has nothing to do with the changes to WW - it´s just because the 2 StamSorc Ultis are more than ever fixed.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • CrazyWolf712
    CrazyWolf712
    ✭✭✭
    What's your experience with molag kena in pvp on stamsorc ww in heavy? @Qbiken @CrazyWolf712
    Tried storm fist trollking and slimecraw but they aren't hitting the spot

@Mangeli200194 I personally don’t like Kena for PvP. It not only increases the cost of your werewolf abilities, including your heal which is expensive enough, but it also increases the cost of your ultimate as well. I’ve never played stamsorc before so maybe the ultimate cost reduction would offset that some but as a DK, popping an ultimate like ww is a lifesaver with the Battle Roar passive. @Ertthewolf tried Kena once in PvP and accidentally proc’ed it as his ww ultimate was available. Then he suddenly couldn’t use it. He prefers Troll King over Kena and I really like Thurvokun on my tank wolf. A few of the wolves in our guild use Earthgore in duels, lol. Just my two cents.
    Edited by CrazyWolf712 on January 31, 2019 4:39PM
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    For what it's worth I've always gotten better parses with Selene's than Kena. It's harder to hit with it in PvP because of the delay, but when it does land the burst damage is really helpful.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I went from Orc Stam Sorc to Argo DK because of the range increase to Melee attack’s. It works better imo because your always snared and they aren’t so it help reliability
  • Ritter
    Ritter
    ✭✭

Sorc>Warden>Templar IMO

Hard to beat +5% physical damage and % based cost reduction, but Warden is 15% snare reduction and +10% HP so if you want a more defensive path for PvP, Warden is really good. Probably underrated TBH
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmm how high is you guys effective WD in the buuild editor @Qbiken @CrazyWolf712
    I usually try to stay above 9k but on this one with snb im at only 8k but i have nice resistances and very good sustain with Engine guardian, i rarely have problems killing people only permashieldstacking restoulting sorcs are a problem when they kite.. Do u guys think that effective wd is enough at 8k isch?
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figured with the dw nerfs next patch ill switch to snb and get the fat resistances its 4% less damage done for 9% less damage taken damagewise...
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if i stay dw ill be at 9k effective WD but ill be at 33k instead of 37k resistances
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or i just put ww on my 2h bar and keep snb backbar for defence
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I´m not sure what my effective weapon power is at to be honest, but on my current WW-setup I sit at around 4,2-4,4k weapon damage when fully buffed. Going higher than that and I have to start trading either sustain or survivability. While not super impressive in terms of weapon damage, it´s a solo setup with good sustain and good self-heals and it´s enough to kill 8/10 targets in Cyrodil which is good enough for me. And agree with shieldstacking sorcs to be one of the tougher opponents to take down.

Regarding weapons: Dual-wield will still give you the highest damage output. But as I see it, poisons are more viable now compared to how it is on live. And in your case I would stick with dual-wield since you already sit at quite high resistance values.
    Edited by Qbiken on January 31, 2019 12:19PM
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    somehow i have more wd with 2h vs dw next patch according to the calculator its weird
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and with the changes to dw enchants i dont think itll be worth it tbh. i used dw mainly for the extra magica drain enchant or the extra enchant. essentially loosing that i might just go with a 2h next patch on my ww bar with double dot poisons
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    are there any advantages dw has over 2h next patch? the enchants are pointless i pvp then the passives are worthless in ww form, wouldnt it be better to go 2h and get some utility in human form(for those without a spammable, exicute etc )
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Hati
    Hati
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys, i'm guess Necromancer will be the next "best" class for ww, probably good damage (reaper) with tanky skills (bone), what do you guys think?
    The one who hates.

• CrazyWolf712
    CrazyWolf712
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what my effective wd is either. But my WD in character sheet says around 3500 on my tank wolf. And I agree @Mangeli200194 with the 2h thing. With the nerf to 1h enchants, not sure if it’s worth staying with it if damage enchants are halved. May be better to go with 2h for the full benefit of the enchant at the cost of the second enchant. SNB will cut your damage down quite a bit in wolf form so just keep it for defense on your off bar.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EffectiveWeaponPower = (round(Stamina/10.5) + WeaponDamage)*(1 + WeaponCrit*AttackWeaponCritDamage)*(1 + CP.PhysicalDamageDone)*(AttackPhysicalMitigation)*(1 + Target.DamageTaken)*(1 + DamageDone)
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • CrazyWolf712
    CrazyWolf712
    ✭✭✭
    Hati wrote: »
    Hi guys, i'm guess Necromancer will be the next "best" class for ww, probably good damage (reaper) with tanky skills (bone), what do you guys think?

@Hati too soon to tell right now. We don’t know the class passives yet or which ones would carry over to ww. Once more info comes out though, we’ll be able to tell you.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm probably switching from DW to SnB w/ double dot poisons. And then maybe swap out Chudan for something with more utility.

Will Troll King still be worth slotting next patch?
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's figure this out= nex patch dw for ww bar vs 2h ww bar DISCUSS = :-P
    DW pro= 2 enchants with sharpened higher penetration cons = weaker enchants
    2h = higher wd, better sustain in human form access to a spammable for us "blessed" without one fm in human form
    Con= only 1 enchant double dot poisons probably better here,
    @Qbiken @CrazyWolf712 @Aznox
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer engine guardian tbh I tried all of them
    TK proccs to late for my taste to be effective @ccmedaddy
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys I've been fiddling with my werewolf (orcplar) and I'm having fun with it but I could use some help with it.
    Currently running 2 troll 5 heavy impreg and 5 prisoners dw and jewelry (all robust)
    I seem to run dry on stamina a lot and my dmg could use some improvements too I guess, any help for a lone wolf 🐺
    * I play mostly cp but I'll do occasional bg's too*
    Edited by devilsTear on January 31, 2019 8:40PM
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All weapon comparison :
    https://imgur.com/gallery/KanSneb

2H : Slightly inferior but now much closer to DW, viable choice.

DW : Still the best offensive thanks to free trait on off-hand, viable choice.

SnB : Arguably the best overall value when using poison, viable choice.

Bow : The only bad choice for a werewolf bar.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im guessing with the nerfs to echants itll be nirn/sharpened for dw next patch no?
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im guessing with the nerfs to echants itll be nirn/sharpened for dw next patch no?

Many options will be close to each other for dw off-hand.

Sharpened doesn't boost bleeds so while good it might not be such an obvious choice.
    Defending might be interesting if you are not already at cap, but protective jewels are better value.
    Basically just take what you need to complement the build. (Powered, charged, ...)

On 2H/SnB, nirnhoned is a no-brainer on standard builds, but Glyph vs Poison will still be a tough choice. (edit :poison is a no-brainer for SnB)

This dw nerf hits us ww a bit, but the upside is that instead of "one absolute best option" (dw nirn/infused) we now have many viable choices. Less power, more fun.

Edited by Aznox on February 1, 2019 3:47PM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing 2 do with ww but stilll loads of fun. A bit of PvP Carnage ;-) Enjoy and dont forget so sub to stay updated ;-) 'Working on a ww build update atm ^^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJA1SGjLXGc
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ww build for next patch. Testing it atm and even without the buffs to shadow and khajiit damage is filthy
    Any improvement ideas fellas?
    https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=118502
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double dot poisons both bars there's no option to set it there unfortunatly
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ww build for next patch. Testing it atm and even without the buffs to shadow and khajiit damage is filthy
    Any improvement ideas fellas?
    https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=118502

* Max stats: Looks really nice, nothing to complain about here.
    * Recovery: Also looks really nice. Like that you put effort investing into a bit extra magicka recovery.

What I would change:

* Go Berserker: I´ve tried Pack-Leader now during Murkmire, and while the defensive aspects of Pack-Leader is nice (especially against Destructive Reach spammers) the damage loss is very noticable. But just personal preference. I know you play on console, and targeting there might be more difficult than on PC (which makes Pack-Leader a bit more annyoing), but I´m not sure tbh :)

* I think you can afford to go full protective on your jewellery. You already sit at a very high stamina pool and once you lose major ward/resolve you´ll sit at 25k-ish resistances in WW-form, which is rather squishy if you ask me. Your main proportion of damage will come from light attack spam, which doesn´t require any stamina. So you´ll be trading about 3,5-4k stamina for 5532 physical- and spellresistance (around 8% damage mitigation) which is a fair trade if you ask me.

* Remove a few Points from Piercing and put them into Blessed (32 Points). You want to unlock the "Spell Precision" passive which increases your crit-rating.

* If ZOS can be bothered to fix the bug with Heavy attacks resource return, go with Ferocious Roar. At the moment people build for very high resistances which makes Deafening Roar less efficent (especially if people sit above cap). Ferocious Roar in CP Campaigns is 10% more damage no matter what resistances your enemy sits at + it also boosts the damage of your bleeds (which Deafening doesn´t) + you gain 2x Resources back on your Heavy attacks. I see no real reason to use deafening roar (might become a bit more attractive if ZOS doesn´t fix the bug with resource return, but it feels wierd to choose a specific morph due to a bugged skilline.

• IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could just toss out the 1pc selene and domihaus and go mighty chudan. With the pets buffed and them taking so much heat of me I love that morph on console. What do you think? Or is the 1k extra mag from domihaus worth it?
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD